Past lives and future lives

charmvirgo

It is possible to remember the future as a memory, the same as you can in the past. As a child I was able to do this.

My question is: in reincarnation, could it be possible to move backwards and forwards through physical bodies in any order - jumping between past, present or future - instead of every previous life having been lived in a past order to the next one, as in the dimension of time. Or perhaps somebody could live all their lives in order backwards etc.

This might explain some visionary people who might have lived in the future in their previous life and subconsciously resurface the memories.

Last edited:

millionora

Hi,

well i have used past life regressions for therapy with clients, i did experiment

with progressions, my findings were that it is detrimental. a person may

have karmic debts to clear in this lifetime, so it wouldn't be fair to the laws

of Karma to assume a life for ourselves in the future, (you would just carry

that karma along with more karma therefore increasing the karmic debt), also

with the use of progression you could also limit yourself, meaning that you

could be and do in a future life MUCH MORE GOOD than what you percieved

during your progression session. those were my findings.

However if you want to pursue this, Brian Weiss M.D. has written many books

on the subject, one interesting one is called Same Soul, Many Bodies, and

another is Many Lives, Many Masters.

I have heard that the sign that the sun was in when we die in our

life b4 this one is the sign that we are when we came into this life....

regressions are powerful, you must be with someone trained and skilled in

this kind of therapy so that the information found in a regression may be

processed properly in a safe way for the client/patient. i have seen a lot

through this kind of work, so be safe and be happy!

love, light, Truth!

Blessings!

Lapis

Absolutely CharmVirgo! We are really multidimensional beings, not linear only beings. ;) We're more spherical like and multidimensional. Polarized consciousness tends to think and perceive in a straight line...present/past/future and black/white and believe that nothing else exists outside of that small frequency range.

Many people have remembered "future" lives of theirs just like some people have remembered portions of "past" lives. My book The Temple of Master Hotei is completely about one of my so-called "past" lives, but I have also had memories of what we'd call the "future" too. I've also had conscious communications, telepathic and clairvoyant communications with a couple of my "past" life selves and they with me, Lapis, in my time and life here now so we'd all learn this ourselves.

Just like different TV and Radio stations all existing and functioning at the same "time", so do we, and it just depends upon which station or frequency you tune in to. With practice it gets easier to tune in to our own different channels or stations.

It's strange to think about a possibility of having a memory from the future. I d have some belief in past lives, my personality is too problematic to have just developed in one life time. I don't remember a past life, no one is familiar to me. Apart from one person who I had a feeling we had intense Karma together, it was weird to explain. The relationship if you can call it that was over quickly, often Karmic astrologers, or past life readers, say that you will encounter certain people again to work through your karma. Hope not.

I hope my future self is more interesting than my present self, but what if I am my future self. I suppose what your learning now, or what patterns you are currently setting up, will influence a future lifetime.

Seriusly, it's hard to know. I wish I had some iformation on a past life. I used to read some past life books, and they said any moles or birthmarks were wounds from a past life. Link here.

Traces of past life memories often lie just on the surface… of your skin. The marks - moles, warts, discolorations, and other "imperfections" - you were born with on your skin are often the road map to your past lives. These "birthmarks" are the cellular memory of past life wounds imprinted on your present day body.

They are carried forward because the past life "trauma" associated with them (mostly from violent death) has not been resolved. Until it is resolved, the body will continue to carry the birthmark and it's resonance to future lives (for painstaking details, see "Where Reincarnation and Biology Intersect" by Ian Stevenson).

I have a mole on the right side of my neck, it looks like a bullet hole from a past life :mad: . It is quite dark looks pretty recent lol. I often think Chiron in Taurus or Pluto in 2nd symbolize it (ruling the neck) but I 'll make up anything. There was this astrology website one time where they could label particular marks on you by the Asc, or any planets placed there. Lost the link now.

I have a faded map on my belly, it's really faint, I might have had a stab wound, or an operation many, many lives ago.

I always keep my mind open to explore. Not saying I believe it all, it's still all interesting.:)

athan

lately, after my separation.... I have noticed that a lot of things happen on the right side of my face. I cut myself while shaving.... zits appear out of the blue.... little signs that they weren't there the day before....

alternativebeliefs

It is possible to predict the future, but I don't think you can actually live out a future life.

The life that we lead in the present is the result of our Karma from past lives. The life you live now and your Karmic balance, determine whether you will be reborn and if so, the nature of that future birth. Therefore, we wouldn't be able to live out a future life without resolving our present Karmic debt.

Lapis

That is a very common belief AB, and one that's totally coming from a strickly linear consciousness and perspective. As the great beings we really are...we're much more complex, flexible, creative and multidimensional than just linear past/present/future. Think more spherical or quantum in nature and not strictly linear. That's when things start making a lot more sense, and much more interesting too. ;) I speak from repeated personal experiences.

alternativebeliefs

Lapis said:
That is a very common belief AB, and one that's totally coming from a strickly linear consciousness and perspective. As the great beings we really are...we're much more complex, flexible, creative and multidimensional than just linear past/present/future. Think more spherical or quantum in nature and not strictly linear. That's when things start making a lot more sense, and much more interesting too. ;) I speak from repeated personal experiences.

I appreciate that you have a different point of view, but essentially what your saying is your personal experiences count for more than broadly what has been described in the Vedic scriptures that is based on ideas that have been formulated over thousands of years, by not one, but countless sages and ascended souls and are consistent through out all Vedic disciplines?

When you mention 'Quantum Nature', I assume you are alluding more specifically to the String/M-thoery of the Universe, which also finds reference in Hindu myhtology/texts and been taken into account.

Lapis

That's correct. Now go ahead and hate me for remembering more than what's currently allowed and considered acceptable. :D

Why don't you believe in spiritual evolution/growth? You don't believe that we're not only capable of, but are designed to evolve and expand beyond the past Ages spiritual knowledge and teachings?

I wasn't attacking you or your beliefs. I don't know you at all. This threads about "past/future lives", not ancient Eastern wisdom teachings. You expressed your belief about time and future lives, and I responded that things are more complex than just strictly linear, and that's all. :)

alternativebeliefs

Lapis said:
That's correct. Now go ahead and hate me for remembering more than what's currently allowed and considered acceptable. :D

Why don't you believe in spiritual evolution/growth? You don't believe that we're not only capable of, but are designed to evolve and expand beyond the past Ages spiritual knowledge and teachings?

I wasn't attacking you or your beliefs. I don't know you at all. This threads about "past/future lives", not ancient Eastern wisdom teachings. You expressed your belief about time and future lives, and I responded that things are more complex than just strictly linear, and that's all. :)
You are correct on one point, you don't know me at all.

You make two assumptions, both of which are incorrect:
- I'm not defending my beliefs (they are alternative, hence the name).
- I don't hate you for thinking differently.

The point I'm trying to make is there is an explanation for almost everything in Vedic teachings and the rationale behind these teachings can be backed up in more ways than one. This system follows principles that are common to all Vedic discplines, i.e. there are corresponding principles in Vedic astrology, yoga, ayurved, music etc. I'm no expert of Vedic teachings, it's vast with descriptions relating to medicine, the cosmos etc, but just because it's ancient doesn't mean it's incorrect. I'm all for the growth of spiritual knowledge, but people infinitely more competent than me, with a bit of divine inspiritation have already done all the hardwork, I don't need to reinvent the wheel.

I my first post I did make the point that I appreciate that you have a different opinion, which you are completely entitled to, but then so am I. I don't have a problem with agreeing to disagree.

gamzatti

Hi is it ok if I join in this conversation? Intrigued by the thought that moles on the skin could be injuries from a past life.I have heard this suggestion before,and thought maybe I could have been shot in the back.I have a round bullet size mole in the left centre of my back it would by it's position have gone straight through to the heart. Although I have no past life memories as such.Forgive me but I can't quite imagine living a life in the future then living one in the past,or have I misinterpreted this. It would be most interesting as I would like a life in the middle ages,as a person of status,of course.In fact I have such a feeling for this period in history I can really identify and imagine the atmosphere of that time and feel myself in those clothes.

Lapis

The point I was trying to make is to look at this reincarnation business not in a strickly linear way like this -

......Past......Present......Future......

- but to allow for the possibility that things just might exist in much more wonderful and complex non-linear multidimensional ways. I know this is a hard concept for many people, only because they've not even considered another way of perception or being as yet. We use terms like "past" and "future" simply to be able to communicate verbally and also to attempt to locate ourselves within time. However, from higher levels of awareness, things are very different than this linear stance.

And yes gamzatti, sometimes we have actual physical scars or marks or moles etc. on our current bodies that are residual energetic and emotional issues from other lives in other times. Sometimes there is no physical mark, but just some type of seeming 'birth defect' caused by a wound or injury from another life.

Lapis

alternativebeliefs, I think it best if you and I just don't even talk to each other. :) Thank you and Happy Trails.