Venus in detriment makes the native ugly/unattractive??

vitas

So I recently heard that a venus in detriment may make the native unappealing/physically unattractive is this true? Question I have really, is do I have bad aspects to my ascendant? Also, I find that statement a bit offensive lol.. Here's my chart, what are your thoughts/views on the subject manner?

5xi.gif

Sun 15°08' Virgo
Moon 2°36' Scorpio
Mercury 17°17' Virgo
Venus 0°33' Scorpio
Mars 16°04' Capricorn
Jupiter 18°14' Я Pisces
Saturn 3°53' Sagittarius
Uranus 18°25' Sagittarius
Neptune 3°03' Я Capricorn
Pluto 5°22' Scorpio
Chiron 21°45' Gemini
Ceres 16°01' Libra
Pallas 22°54' Virgo
Juno 6°16' Sagittarius
Vesta 19°47' Я Aries
Node 21°16' Aries
Lilith 15°43' Gemini
Fortune 27°54' Pisces
AS 15°22' Taurus
MC 26°08' Capricorn

Sun House 5
Moon House 6
Mercury House 5
Venus House 6
Mars House 9
Jupiter House 11
Saturn House 7
Uranus House 8
Neptune House 8
Pluto House 6
Chiron House 2
Ceres House 6
Pallas House 5
Juno House 7
Vesta House 12
Node House 12
Lilith House 2
Fortune House 12

House 1 15°22' Taurus
House 2 13°27' Gemini
House 3 4°59' Cancer
House 4 26°08' Cancer
House 5 21°31' Leo
House 6 27°18' Virgo
House 7 15°22' Scorpio
House 8 13°27' Sagittarius
House 9 4°59' Capricorn
House 10 26°08' Capricorn
House 11 21°31' Aquarius
House 12 27°18' Pisces

Moon Conjunction Venus Orb 2°02'
Sun Conjunction Mercury Orb 2°09'
Moon Conjunction Pluto Orb 2°46'
Venus Conjunction Pluto Orb 4°48'
Mars Conjunction MC Orb 10°04
Mercury Opposite Jupiter Orb 0°57'
Sun Opposite Jupiter Orb 3°06'
Jupiter Square Uranus Orb 0°10'
Mercury Square Uranus Orb 1°07'
Sun Square Uranus Orb 3°17'
Venus Square MC Orb 4°25'
Moon Square MC Orb 6°27'
Sun Trine AS Orb 0°14'
Mars Trine AS Orb 0°41'
Sun Trine Mars Orb 0°56'
Mercury Trine Mars Orb 1°13'
Mercury Trine AS Orb 1°54'
Moon Sextile Neptune Orb 0°27'
Mars Sextile Jupiter Orb 2°10'
Neptune Sextile Pluto Orb 2°18'
Venus Sextile Neptune Orb 2°29'
Jupiter Sextile AS Orb 2°51'
Moon SemiSquare Mercury Orb 0°18'
Sun SemiSquare Venus Orb 0°25'
Moon SemiSquare Uranus Orb 0°49'
Moon SesquiQuadrate Jupiter Orb 0°38'
Jupiter SesquiQuadrate Pluto Orb 2°07'
Moon Quintile Mars Orb 1°28'
Saturn SemiSextile Neptune Orb 0°49'
Moon SemiSextile Saturn Orb 1°16'
Saturn SemiSextile Pluto Orb 1°29'

Last edited:
I would say Saturn in 7th house makes you feel somehow unattractive but you should realise that by being serious about your commitments you can create stable, mature and faithful relationships. Work with that saturian energy.

Very often these people block relationships because they are frightened of becoming too deeply involved with others. They may be afraid of the degree of commitment a relationship requires, and terrified of becoming too dependent on someone else. Somehow, the mate is frequently older, more experienced, or more ambitious. These people may marry out of a sense of duty. Sometimes the mate is ill, or so heavily committed to another family or to a job or career that the relationship is not as fulfilling as they might wish.
Also sacrificing love for safety is common, which these people often call duty or parent’s choice; they may believe that they have made an advantageous choice and then finds they cannot extricate themselves when the enormity of their sacrifice becomes clear to them.
Patterns of hurt and rejection are common with Saturn in the seventh house.
Full description here :
http://divinejyotish.blogspot.com/2012/05/natal-saturn-in-7th-house.html

Most of your aspects are easy energy - 3 trines. Determinent venus doesn't mean "bad" venus. Your intense, deep, emotional for sure can attract some people with that qualities. As I mentioned saturn in 7th seems to create heavy energy on you which you should focus on.

Last edited:

IleneK

Premium Member
So I recently heard that a venus in detriment may make the native unappealing/physically unattractive is this true? Question I have really, is do I have bad aspects to my ascendant? Also, I find that statement a bit offensive lol.. Here's my chart, what are your thoughts/views on the subject manner?

It appears that all the aspects to your Asc are what are commonly referred to as easy, sextiles or trines, with the exception of an inconjunct from Uranus, which I still would not necessarily say is bad. Perhaps it makes you appear unusual or interesting looking.

Prisma

I have felt since little somewhat insecure of my looks. It got a little better when I grew up, but still, to be more confident, I need to go to the hairdresser, salon, etc, to be "made" (I also did not properly learn how to aply make up, etc). It has been something like the Cinderella effect: the humble girl secretly needs to be noticed, and if possible, "the Belle of the Ball".

I also used to say, when younger & single: "I am a diamond in the rough, he who wants me, come and find me".

My Venus? 12th house Leo. Cancer Sun, Virgo asc., Saturn in Gem.

summerball-sm.jpg

Attachments

• my chart-whiteout.jpg
    my chart-whiteout.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 43
Last edited:

vitas

Not true! Cameron Diaz has her venus in scorp!

Well that answers my question lol...

I would say Saturn in 7th house makes you feel somehow unattractive but you should realise that by being serious about your commitments you can create stable, mature and faithful relationships. Work with that saturian energy.

Very often these people block relationships because they are frightened of becoming too deeply involved with others. They may be afraid of the degree of commitment a relationship requires, and terrified of becoming too dependent on someone else. Somehow, the mate is frequently older, more experienced, or more ambitious. These people may marry out of a sense of duty. Sometimes the mate is ill, or so heavily committed to another family or to a job or career that the relationship is not as fulfilling as they might wish.
Also sacrificing love for safety is common, which these people often call duty or parent’s choice; they may believe that they have made an advantageous choice and then finds they cannot extricate themselves when the enormity of their sacrifice becomes clear to them.
Patterns of hurt and rejection are common with Saturn in the seventh house.
Full description here :
http://divinejyotish.blogspot.com/2012/05/natal-saturn-in-7th-house.html

Most of your aspects are easy energy - 3 trines. Determinent venus doesn't mean "bad" venus. Your intense, deep, emotional for sure can attract some people with that qualities. As I mentioned saturn in 7th seems to create heavy energy on you which you should focus on.

Hmm very interesting description, it says often those with saturn in the 7th house deals with patterns of rejection, how so? If my aspects to ascendant are easy & chart ruler is venus, shouldn't I be attracting many many women & not get rejected, is this energies being exerted by me or energies coming towards me? Also, how do I deal with this saturn in the 7th so it can be in my favor & advantage.. It ***** to know any relations for the first 28 years of my life will be hell...

It appears that all the aspects to your Asc are what are commonly referred to as easy, sextiles or trines, with the exception of an inconjunct from Uranus, which I still would not necessarily say is bad. Perhaps it makes you appear unusual or interesting looking.

You mentioned "perhaps" can you please elaborate on why it should make me look unsual or "interesting looking" and what exactly do you mean by that?

I have felt since little somewhat insecure of my looks. It got a little better when I grew up, but still, to be more confident, I need to go to the hairdresser, salon, etc, to be "made" (I also did not properly learn how to aply make up, etc). It has been something like the Cinderella effect: the humble girl secretly needs to be noticed, and if possible, "the Belle of the Ball".

I also used to say, when younger & single: "I am a diamond in the rough, he who wants me, come and find me".

My Venus? 12th house Leo. Cancer Sun, Virgo asc., Saturn in Gem.

summerball-sm.jpg

Is that image of you? Because if so, you're very feminine looking :wink:

byjove

Account Closed
OP - No, I really don't believe that a Venus in detriment alone could do that.

Besides, you have so many wonderful aspects to your ascendant, some of them are not just traits (e.g. Mercury trine - great communicator) but the Sun and Mars contact probably add an unmistable strong, masculinity to you and sex appeal. That's what I'd bet my money on. You have Sun and Mercury in Virgo, you have a lot of modesty about you, but with those aspects, others look at you more than once, for sure.

Prisma

Is that image of you? ...:wink:
Nope! :tongue:

The interesting detail here is how the Virgo/earth quality may influence the way we feel about our image: You with the Sun there and also a Asc. and Mars in earth; me with just the asc. there (but also Saturn, that even if it is in an air sign, seriousness may be one of the things that in my case is perceived also by public-10th house). Yes, it may be the modesty noticed above, but also that we are strive for an ideal, even more so in ourselves, and that sometimes makes us our own harshsest judges, even more so than with others.

In my case, it kind of depends also how I feel that day: if in one of those "off"/ lazy/ grouchy days, when things are just too much, well, sometimes I go about looking like a mess (because I just had it with it all, can not met my own ideals and well, sometimes even as a kind of rebellion). But if it would be possible, I would like to look like out of a magazine like 70 % of the time.

... A good partnership for these people is one that is rock-solid and dependable, but the problem is that they sometimes hold onto relationships out of a sense of obligation and fear of the future. Above all they need someone they can trust and respect...
http://theastrologyplace.blogspot.com/2011/02/saturn-in-7th-house.html

Last edited:

Prisma

IT is Not Me.

I need to look for that model's link or something, seems like I inadvertedly gathered a "starry eyed" fan club for her here (lol).

soratothamax

I have Venus in Aries, the sign of masculinity, though i don't think im the worst looking, i do have issues with my femininity sometimes. i'm quite tomboyish, and Scorpio rising, so superficially, i'm uninterested. Most men aren't attracted to a girl who doesn't care about her looks, so...also my rising makes me seem mean. Men tend to like women who smile a lot.

Venus in domicile and exalted gives them pleasant, endearing, and diplomatic qualities that make them seem a bit nice. the detriments and falls on the other hand seem a bit independent, less vain, less superficial, and less kind and gentle.
less benevolent.

On the other hand, detriments are often considered hot, as they tend to be ruled by mars, the planet of sex, and truly sexiest venus of all! It's like the difference between janet jackson, rihanna and beyonce. It's like the difference between Avril Lavigne and fergie! Beyonce is beautiful, without a doubt, but janet and rihanna are spicy hot. Fergie and Avril are tomboyish, but Avril is cooler! Detriments typically support mars which is why Venus is uncomfortable there.

Last edited:

Melaike

Venus is detriment in Aries but most Venus-Aries people I saw were attractive people.Because first of all they are warm people and second of all they have this ''I am worth being loved'' attitude.People usually like them.

vitas

OP - No, I really don't believe that a Venus in detriment alone could do that.

Besides, you have so many wonderful aspects to your ascendant, some of them are not just traits (e.g. Mercury trine - great communicator) but the Sun and Mars contact probably add an unmistable strong, masculinity to you and sex appeal. That's what I'd bet my money on. You have Sun and Mercury in Virgo, you have a lot of modesty about you, but with those aspects, others look at you more than once, for sure.

Wow, you are 100% accurate, I am ruled by mars, I've been an athlete my whole life, train diligently they say lots of taurus ascendants are out of shape or prone to weight gain, but I take nutritional eating & fitness very seriously... Here's some pics of me:

[bare body picture not appropriate - Moderator]

Nope! :tongue:

The interesting detail here is how the Virgo/earth quality may influence the way we feel about our image: You with the Sun there and also a Asc. and Mars in earth; me with just the asc. there (but also Saturn, that even if it is in an air sign, seriousness may be one of the things that in my case is perceived also by public-10th house). Yes, it may be the modesty noticed above, but also that we are strive for an ideal, even more so in ourselves, and that sometimes makes us our own harshsest judges, even more so than with others.

In my case, it kind of depends also how I feel that day: if in one of those "off"/ lazy/ grouchy days, when things are just too much, well, sometimes I go about looking like a mess (because I just had it with it all, can not met my own ideals and well, sometimes even as a kind of rebellion). But if it would be possible, I would like to look like out of a magazine like 70 % of the time.

http://theastrologyplace.blogspot.com/2011/02/saturn-in-7th-house.html

Interesting detailed explanation, I also feel at times I'm not "attractive" enough lol... Especially in my field, the fitness industry, those with the most aesthetic physically pleasing bodies will reign supreme lol.

I have Venus in Aries, the sign of masculinity, though i don't think im the worst looking, i do have issues with my femininity sometimes. i'm quite tomboyish, and Scorpio rising, so superficially, i'm uninterested. Most men aren't attracted to a girl who doesn't care about her looks, so...also my rising makes me seem mean. Men tend to like women who smile a lot.

Venus in domicile and exalted gives them pleasant, endearing, and diplomatic qualities that make them seem a bit nice. the detriments and falls on the other hand seem a bit independent, less vain, less superficial, and less kind and gentle.
less benevolent.

On the other hand, detriments are often considered hot, as they tend to be ruled by mars, the planet of sex, and truly sexiest venus of all! It's like the difference between janet jackson, rihanna and beyonce. It's like the difference between Avril Lavigne and fergie! Beyonce is beautiful, without a doubt, but janet and rihanna are spicy hot. Fergie and Avril are tomboyish, but Avril is cooler! Detriments typically support mars which is why Venus is uncomfortable there.

I don't consider myself superficial however I must adapt to a superficial field if that makes any sense lol. Post a pic of yourself & we'll let you know? LOL... I've been told I ooze masculinity, or strong aura/pressence,. must be the venus in scorpio in action lol. I like your in depth analysis though makes perfect sense, & honestly I'm sick and tired of everyone always saying taurus ascendants are fat lol...

Last edited:

vitas

Venus is detriment in Aries but most Venus-Aries people I saw were attractive people.Because first of all they are warm people and second of all they have this ''I am worth being loved'' attitude.People usually like them.

I'm not an aries? Although I am an aries north node lol.

Melaike

I don't believe that Venus in detriment makes people ugly/unattractive.Because you don't always need Venus' influence to be attractive(especially Men).Besides Venus' position,the house it resides,it's aspects all of them should be considered together.

For instance in your chart we see your Scorpio Venus conjunct Moon and Moon represents your relationship with women.As I told many times before Moon-Venus conjunction makes you attractive to women and it's more important then your Venus being in detriment.

Also astrology doesn't work this way.Jupiter represents luck when it's in a bad position it doesn't make you unlucky.The same way Venus represents attractiveness when it's badly positioned it doesn't make you unattractive.

soratothamax

Wow, you are 100% accurate, I am ruled by mars, I've been an athlete my whole life, train diligently they say lots of taurus ascendants are out of shape or prone to weight gain, but I take nutritional eating & fitness very seriously... Here's some pics of me:

santi1g.jpg

[bare body picture not appropriate - Moderator]

Interesting detailed explanation, I also feel at times I'm not "attractive" enough lol... Especially in my field, the fitness industry, those with the most aesthetic physically pleasing bodies will reign supreme lol.

I don't consider myself superficial however I must adapt to a superficial field if that makes any sense lol. Post a pic of yourself & we'll let you know? LOL... I've been told I ooze masculinity, or strong aura/pressence,. must be the venus in scorpio in action lol. I like your in depth analysis though makes perfect sense, & honestly I'm sick and tired of everyone always saying taurus ascendants are fat lol...

I look like a 12 year old, though im 23, im too ashamed of my looks, and shy. Maybe it's all those trines...
enough about me, you're very attractive! no worries!

Last edited by a moderator:

vitas

I don't believe that Venus in detriment makes people ugly/unattractive.Because you don't always need Venus' influence to be attractive(especially Men).Besides Venus' position,the house it resides,it's aspects all of them should be considered together.

For instance in your chart we see your Scorpio Venus conjunct Moon and Moon represents your relationship with women.As I told many times before Moon-Venus conjunction makes you attractive to women and it's more important then your Venus being in detriment.

Also astrology doesn't work this way.Jupiter represents luck when it's in a bad position it doesn't make you unlucky.The same way Venus represents attractiveness when it's badly positioned it doesn't make you unattractive.

True lol, thanx for enlightening me, I remember everything you say although I may not truly understand the concepts or ideals its still within the memories for future reference..

I look like a 12 year old, though im 23, im too ashamed of my looks, and shy. Maybe it's all those trines...
enough about me, you're very attractive! no worries!

Thanx lol, I'm the opposite most people think I look older than my actual age however I heard that's usually the case with taurus ascendants.

Quixotic

I think you'd have to have some nasty aspects going to the ascendant.. but at the same time, I have not only my sun, but neptune and uranus all square my ascendant. And this is what I look like.

tumblr_mno2qnFKm51rzj09jo1_500.jpg

It hasn't messed with my actual appearance, but people perceieve me as something I'm not. The outside doesn't reflect the inside. Its really difficult to pinpoint what aspects can effect our actual appearance, a lot of it has to do with the fact that beauty is in the eye of the beholder. There are rising signs that are traditionally more attractive than others though! Libra rising is thought to be the most attractive.
Also, your ascendant is ruled by Venus, the sign of beauty. It makes sense why you are attractive with that, and the multiple trines to your ascendant.

Hmm very interesting description, it says often those with saturn in the 7th house deals with patterns of rejection, how so? If my aspects to ascendant are easy & chart ruler is venus, shouldn't I be attracting many many women & not get rejected, is this energies being exerted by me or energies coming towards me? Also, how do I deal with this saturn in the 7th so it can be in my favor & advantage.. It ***** to know any relations for the first 28 years of my life will be hell...
As Ascendant tells about qualities you show outside, your public mask, person mainly at first sight I suppose you may attract many women. However when a chance to build a bridge with someone, spend time in intimacy especially with opposite sex appears which involves deeper commitment saturian influences should be visible. I'm also a person with Saturn in 7th house. :whistling: From my point of view this first 28 years could be perceive as hell because many people at young age are often very fun and adventure-loving. They don't care much about responsibility and stability so person with saturn in 7th may feel inadequate to his/her age as though not many natives see relationships as serious as he/she does. But as age-mates become older they are showing more down-to-earth attitude so getting along with them looks much easier. IMO rejection is mainly an effect of that different attitudes. Although I've been rejected twice and got hurt deeply, from time perspective I honestly consider that boys behaviours superficial (they were attracted to appearance not personality or intelligence) but I guess you hide yours fears about relationships under aloof, cold, detached image which may also scare off partners. Am I right? However if you feel it concers to you just try to be more warm and open in communication and expressing your emotiones to people who looks proper in your mind. Probably it won't be easy to relax and feel comfortable but it comes more natural towards people you can instinctivily trust.