'old souls'

Moulin

Interesting Prettypisces,...

I have chiron in 12th, NN conjunct saturn in 1st quincunx exact pluto in 6th!
I have always felt that i'm on my last life!

Cypocryphy

None may believe what I have to say, but I ask you to consider this:

Firstly, astrology has nothing to do with the maturity of a soul, only its expression upon the three-dimensional Earth realm. Each sign has its characteristics of influence. It is as if we were all in college, with some students studying chemistry and others studying history. To say the history students were more advanced than the chemistry students is irrelevant. To say these students had different interests of study would be an astute inference. Good, bad; old, young; naivety, wisdom; all of these are not applicable because it is the experience itself that matters, and so we as souls come here to learn, as in school, and to acquire many experiences and have them under our belt, so to speak. Be it the soul experience of being a mother or that of a father or the divers other assortment of roles we acquire as human beings, these are what count, and the signs only provide an easy path in those directions we chose before each incarnation into this Earth realm.

Secondly, we as spirit are infinite. And because we are infinite, the implication is that we are eternal beings, and to be eternal is to not be governed by time. To be infinite not only means we are without end but also without beginning. And with that being the condition, how can one be older or younger than the other? But if one is speaking of learning from past mistakes, there are those of us who are slow learners and find ourselves having to be tested on the same "material" as was done before. If this is what is meant by a young soul, then it surly is accurate. It is our duty to not "flunk" Earth and continue the process of reincarnation. An old soul is nothing more than a quick learner. We should all try to be studious souls!

Last edited:

Abha

I know one family where grand ma's soul has come again in the house in the form of the grand child . this child is very intelligent and takes care of all family members like a eldery person and gets very hurt if some body is sick or not well . family memers also give her great respect.there is a mutual exchange of second and fifth house lords in his horoscope.actually fifth house denots previous birth and second house denots family.mutual exchange shows some strong connection .Well these are my views
abha
http://horoscope.futurepointindia.com

Vinyasa

To name a soul “old” means to measure it in time with the empirical instruments we use to measure such things as age, seasons, generations. Things which by default oppose the notion of the soul itself, which is eternity because timeless. Can we measure eternity by years, seasons, generations?

I prefer to think of the circular evolution of a soul, the spiral evolution bringing to eternal perfection. Through the various incarnations, a soul has the chance to evolve and learn her lesson: because if actually a soul was right from the start perfected, then she would be some kind of god, having already reached the zenith: nothing left to be learned.

The soul seems to me is eternal in a permanent state of evolvement towards perfection. How many times is she reincarnated seems to be pretty irrelevant: maybe hundred, maybe uncountable times: it is not interesting. What seems to me more relevant, is how good the previous lesson(s) is/are learned: because I believe that all souls will learn all that is to be learned, and in which order they will is also irrelevant.
I am of the opinion that a soul is a little bit closer to perfection when she realizes pretty fast what she is here to do, why is she this time reincarnated. If 40, 50, 80 human years have passed and still the soul has no clue why she is here, what is the reason behind all this suffering and/or all this happiness, then I think she has still lessons to learn, a way to go. It doesn’t matter if in this life the soul gets more happiness or more suffering: living in happiness is a lesson, like living in suffering is another kind of lesson. Because the perfected soul needs to know all lessons: the hard and the nice too... We all learn to hate, and we all learn how to love: and we need both, because everything makes part of the supreme knowledge.

I also hold the opinion that the NN indicates the lesson to be learned in this lifetime… And a lesson can be learned targeting into something, or avoiding something… As for the rest? The planets seem to me like the clothes given to this soul so that she is not naked, like the external shield... Or like the terms of an equation. They define the circumstances under which the lesson is to be learned. And again we learn both by what we are/have, and by what we are missing: I learn from all the planets I get in my chart, and at the same moment I learn by what is nto there for me (for example: I do not have one planet in water!! And the absolute lack of water makes part of my "education" process).

I find also that Astrology can help define these circumstances and thus help the soul gain time in its quest. Let's suppose that in this lifetime a soul must learn creativity through innovation (NN in Aquarius in the 5th)... She gets a little help: Jupiter in the 5th... Only that it is a Capricorn Jupiter, because the cusp of the 5th is actually in Capricorn... Saturn is squaring Jupiter from the 10th giving not only discipline, but also austerity: drying Jupiter up... But on the other hand, Saturn is trining the NN in Aquarius: discipline again, and a little assistance from people in authority (which never hurts...). The Sun in Taurus from the 9th is trining Jupiter, making the person of course a little lazy... But he will get opportunities: to travel, to higher education... However, the risk of losing his way is high: because the strong Sun is actually squaring the NN: so even the easy parts can prove to be misleading at the end...etc etc. Is there a perfect chart? No. All charts have their strong points, and their weak points. The opportunities, the difficulties, the hardships, the traps, the strengths, the weaknesses, the harmonies and the conflicts. Because the chart is the set-up for the lesson to be learned.

Think of life as a quest. Only that instead of searching for the Holy Grail, we search at the end for our own soul to meet. Not old, not young; not mature, neither infant: all these terms, either positive or negative, belong to our (human) system of measurement which has little to do with eternity, because is in effect both limited and limitating. Life then is a process. A flow.

piscesascendant

This thread, and particular post, intrigues me.

I’d be cautious in saying that astrology has nothing to do with a soul’s maturity. Granted, it can be a bit elementary to say that Aries is the baby of the zodiac while Pisces represents grandfather time (especially since Neptune-rules Pisces doesn’t even rule time!), but I don’t find any harm if people choose to research notable figures at both ends of the gamut to look for correlations between “older souls” and patterns of sign emphasis. With that said, I actually found the “soul ladder”, as I’ll call it, to be a fascinating illustration. It’s a good start, and I think people might be both surprised and intrigued if they take this ladder a step further (pun intended). But first a brief commentary on this poster’s “soul ladder” preface:

I don't think we will ever know the answer to this astrologically.
Maybe, maybe not.

In my overall character there are areas of life I seem wiser in than others. Some areas I am more naive, I am not sure if that makes me a young soul.
Not necessarily.

Some parts of life I seem to quite easily tap into and understand instantly a lot of information. Although I would class myself as one of those souls who perpetually keeps going around like a hamster on a wheel and continuing to make the same mistakes all the time, and I just don't seem to learn. Honestly I think sometimes I need a major wake up call.
clip_image001.gif

I found this on the net about different types of souls infant to wise etc. I am not sure about it. I will think on it some more, but I find it hard to believe that it can be categorized like this. But I will read all the descriptions and classify my soul level from this list. I am going to have to really think deeply on this one
clip_image003.gif
. Although...I read once that if you call yourself a wise old soul your probably not one. As a wise evolved soul is more humble. Aghhh I don't know what to believe anymore...
clip_image004.gif

LOL, again, I don’t think a truly “wise soul” would mind such distinctions about what makes them wise. Just as the description says, live and let live.

THE INFANT SOUL

INFANT SOULS choose lessons of physical survival. They live in simple situations that include intense experiences - famine, plagues, floods, wars, oppression, etc. They don't know the difference between right and wrong, though they can be taught to be decent human beings. They don't usually seek higher education and often don't seek employment, as such. Infant souls don't question authority and willingly adopt the religion of their parents as is.

THE BABY SOUL

BABY SOULS display less fear than infant souls and are more
sophisticated. But they tend to over apply rules. Black is black as far as they're concerned. Their strong early beliefs remain fixed in their minds, regardless of lack of their wisdom or tolerance. Baby souls love to become big fish in their little puddles...but hate being opposed. Because of this they may spend much time in litigation. Baby souls don't spend time navel-gazing into their own lives. They're often "good students" that learn "proper subjects," and are attracted to
fundamentalist religions.

THE YOUNG SOUL

YOUNG SOULS are the "Donald Trumps" of the world...the movers and shakers. They usually set the bar too high for themselves. Achievement is paramount. They chase after what they believe will bring success without ever stopping to think why - because they're so limited in their perception. They fear death and must have all the toys, experiences, fame and money they can possibly accumulate before they die. They are designers of civilization. Young souls usually seek higher education and graduate-level degrees. Their views of orthodoxy are at one end of the spectrum or the other. Monks and nuns are at one end and a belief in total sexual freedom, the other. They have difficulty with insight into other people's behavior.

THE MATURE SOUL

MATURE SOULS challenge the young soul's desire to "have it all." It is a hard cycle that demands seeking answers to life's tough questions. They are attracted to gentler faiths, such as Quaker, Unitarian, or Buddhist. Mature souls are not as open to the occult as old souls. They look for and question the motivation for all of life's actions. They often continue with inappropriate relationships - perhaps believing that through self-sacrifice, or tough lessons they will ultimately prevail. Often they can't shake their sense of duty. Mature souls suffer from stress related illness that sometimes results in schizophrenia, psychosis and a higher suicide rate than other souls. [Cayce emphasized the role that `stress' plays in not only physical illnesses but also mental illnesses; he believed it was `stress' that wrecked havoc on the brain chemistry/balance]. But they're smart enough to seek professional help without urging. Mature souls often make huge contributions to knowledge - particularly philosophical and scientific. But altogether they don't necessarily have the drive for fame, many still achieve it. They're emotionally high maintenance.

THE OLD SOUL

OLD SOULS live and let live. They seek the route of least
resistance...they're individualistic and usually easy going. They have an inner knowing of the waste of time in pursuing fame and fortune and therefore create the appearance of being "laid back." Old souls are highly competent - even in roles they don't particularly like. They tend to choose work that is pleasant and undemanding, leaving them free to pursue their desired goals easily...unless the job adds to the spiritual search. They may or may not seek higher education... but definitely will seek it if they sense it's needed for their chosen path. Old souls create confidence in animals. And their choice of medical care tends to be alternative and holistic. Old souls are here to teach others their spiritual understandings. Their philosophies and writings are simple and easy to read. Old souls religion is far reaching and has no
label. A grove of trees is a sacred place to them. They seldom cling to dogma and prefer personal spiritual practices. However, old souls are wise enough to be discreet in their religious practices and know how to pass in public undetected. They focus on searching for the spiritual truth and have a finer sense of knowing what is true than any other souls level. Old souls all over the world share the experience of emptiness and a longing for that feeling of home.
If I were to “place” myself, it would probably be in more in the “old soul category”… not to have the highest position, but because that is how I more often feel internally. I admit to having moments that may not be indicative of such a level, but then again, that is simply an outward expression of something restless inside. Or, as a woman I know who went through a Near-Death Experience once said to me, “I get angry”. Enough said. Live and let live is fine, but an older soul doesn’t play a doormat to “younger soul’s” impetuous whims. If we’re speaking of paths of least resistance, that can include allowing antagonistic feelings to express themselves as well. Suppressing or restraining unpleasant feelings will hurt more than help. The key will simply (though not always easily) be constructively channeling them.

Now, with that said, have a look sometime in M. Scott Peck’s book, “The Road Less Traveled”, particularly on pages 119-126 of the paperback. He lays out four stages of faith: 1) Antisocial/Chaotic, 2) Formal/Institutional, 3) Individual/Skeptic, 4) Mystical/Communal. You can see the parallels here. My reason for bringing this up isn’t simply so show a paralleled listing, but to illustrate a further point as mentioned by Peck in his Stages of Faith. Peck mentions that a person can come across as a Stage 4 savior, only to be a Stage 1 conman. In addition, things can be reversed. A person might appear to be some homeless bum (stage 1 appearance), only to be a beacon of spiritual light underneath it all (Stage 4 mystic). This is indicated in Betty Eadie’s book, “Embraced by the Light” in her chapter “The Drunken Man”.

Point being, a person can appear to be a baby soul, given their circumstances, but be anything but. In my opinion, a person probably has a little bit of even the baby-est (lol!) of souls in them, if not from a past life where they were one, then from the desire and purpose of empathizing with ‘younger souls”.

This is an exhausting topic, lol! Guess my fingers are getting as old as my soul is, lol!

Bubbletree

What if the soul is beyond time and space? How would you measure the "age" of a soul--by the number of incarnations it has had on this planet? What if the soul has had many sojourns on other planes of existence other than our own, perhaps on so-called higher planes of existence? Would you still refer to such a soul as a "young" soul?

Therefore, I do not believe that the earliest date of incarnation is necessarily indicative of the "age" of a soul.

To name a soul “old” means to measure it in time with the empirical instruments we use to measure such things as age, seasons, generations. Things which by default oppose the notion of the soul itself, which is eternity because timeless. Can we measure eternity by years, seasons, generations?

I prefer to think of the circular evolution of a soul, the spiral evolution bringing to eternal perfection. Through the various incarnations, a soul has the chance to evolve and learn her lesson: because if actually a soul was right from the start perfected, then she would be some kind of god, having already reached the zenith: nothing left to be learned.
Think of life as a quest. Only that instead of searching for the Holy Grail, we search at the end for our own soul to meet. Not old, not young; not mature, neither infant: all these terms, either positive or negative, belong to our (human) system of measurement which has little to do with eternity, because is in effect both limited and limitating. Life then is a process. A flow.

Excellent points. So cool:cool:

Funny, I've seen myself go through each one of those soul "stages" in some way (not in that order) in this single lifetime excluding the young soul one.

Last edited:

iSelf

I think that many people here made a wrong conception of ''old soul''.
I enjoyed Cypography's post a lot, and I noted a more Heindelian approach of this question.

My opinion? We are all around the same age. The thing you really are discussing is the quality of our past lives.
Many people these days live rather insignificant lives, without any sense of purpose or direction. These are the less experient souls, who are ''waiting to be awaken'', somehow, either by themselves, or by external events. The transition into the Age of Aquarius will do this work.

The ''old souls'' you speak about are the people who had rich past lives. Who lived intense experiences, interactions, and were able to gather considerable amounts of knowledge.

If you want to know if a person is an old soul.. well.. you will have to take into account the ''quality'' of the chart, the strenght of the planets.
But to trully know an old soul you will have to interact with the person. If you have a keen eye, you will surely identify the person.

About being on the last life or not, that's not determined by birth. It's actually determined by what you do. The chart talks about potential. What you really do it's up to you.

As for the answer about what happens when your last life is reached... it's called ''Nirvana''.

The Nirvana Buddhism so speaks about is actually the spiritual path you have to take until you ascend to a greater plane. Following Rosicrucian philosophy, you will ascend to the ''World of Desire'', this is, the Emotional Plane (some call it Astral plane, but that's a more Wiccan expression).

having your Physical existance perfected, the ascended soul will now work to improve completely her emotional body, and so on.

Like Cypo said, it's just a big school.

Have a nice diagram here.

rccen002.gif

This comes from the book called ''The Rosicrucian Cosmo-Conception''.
Here, http://www.rosicrucian.com/rcc/rcceng00.htm .

Quite the enlightening book, my father gave it to me when I was 12.

Kannon

Do you believe there is any credence in the idea that the latter sun signs have qualities about them which point to those born under them to be 'older' than those born under the earlier ones of the zodiac?

No. Absolutely not. I'm a full-blown Taurus and I'm a very very old soul with great intuition and memory going back to Lemurian times.

'Old Soul' refers to a tendency to reincarnate very frequently, sometimes within only a year or two after dying, and beginning incarnations on Earth during the Lemurian period when Spirit was first injecting Soul Consciousness into matter on this planet. Literally it refers to those Souls who set up the Consciousness platform on this planet and tend to have a more sensitive, intuitive, subtler approach and a kind of spiritualized idealism about what is possible. We've lived it before.

Kannon

I just thought of another point that I do not believe has yet been considered: What if the soul is beyond time and space?

Good point, Arian. "Old Soul" is actually a misnomer of sorts. We're really trying to say, old Earth Soul, meaning many incarnations, particularly going back to Lemurian times. Souls ARE beyond time and space and exist on the other side where we came from. The Soul is rooted in the human body at the navel/umbilicus, but does not actually exist in this dimension.

One of the tip-offs to an old soul is one who can be "not all here" in terms of their spiritual understanding and connection to things beyond space/time, yet still grounded and sensible about human life.