Pluto in house, do you feel it?

Osamenor

Staff member
Do you mean natal Pluto or transiting Pluto?

Natally, I have Pluto in the ninth house, and I really have no idea how that's manifesting in my life. I'd love to get some more information on that.

Transiting Pluto has been in my first house for the last six or seven years. I wonder if transits in the first house change sense of self, or others' perceptions of us?

I don't have any planets there, so no conjunctions, although when it was approaching my ascendant, I had so much fall apart for me. I've just been through the Pluto square Pluto transit, and Pluto formed a trine with my natal Mercury and Venus during that time, but there's nothing in my chart that it can square or oppose until it gets to late Capricorn.

Moondancing

Premium Member
Pluto in my 10th house would give me a strong urge for power and public recognition. My Moon in 4th and Saturn in 12th (ruler of 4th) wins and I'm a reclusive homebody. To put it simply.

Moondance

Osamenor

Staff member
Pluto in my 10th house would give me a strong urge for power and public recognition. My Moon in 4th and Saturn in 12th (ruler of 4th) wins and I'm a reclusive homebody. To put it simply

Strong urges are more likely to come from Moon. Pluto is an outer planet, not a personal planet, and the ways those manifest in your life are somewhat different from the personal planets.

If you have an opposition between your Moon and Pluto, it's like they're playing tug-of-war, and usually, neither of them wins completely. They're both in your psyche, both expressing themselves, but they're highlighting opposing areas of your life. Even if you're a reclusive homebody, you still have a public reputation--that's the real meaning of the tenth house. People in your community who know of you but don't really know you will see something Plutonian, as well as something that matches up with the sign it's in and any other planet you have in the tenth, when they think of you.

If you do anything that makes you known outside your physical community--write a blog, for instance--there's probably something very Plutonian about it. Off the top of my head, I can think of two famous writers who had Pluto in the tenth: Mary Shelley, who had it conjunct her MC, and Agatha Christie, who had it conjunct Neptune. Christie is known for her murder mysteries (Pluto=death, murder, detective; Neptune=mystery, unseen) and Shelley is best known as the creator of Frankenstein... a Plutonian story if there ever was one. Neither of them sought public recognition, either, but they both achieved it by using their Plutonian imaginations.

P3PSI642

The way I understood it, pluto doesn't especially have an "in-your-face" sort of energy in your chart (natally)
I like thinking of Pluto not as "urges" but as a deepening and intensifying power.
It doesn't necessarily act on its own.
Being an outer planet, it has a subtle energy focused on masses more than individuals. As such, I don't think pluto in itself affects you, but will definitely intensify whatever planet/sign/house it interact with, with a force akin to a ton of bricks to promote transformation.

Osamenor

Staff member
House placements and aspects between Pluto and personal planets definitely have an affect. If someone has Pluto in the first or tenth house, their appearance (and I mean that in the sense of socially, not necessarily physically) or their public reputation has something Plutonian about it. If it's in the seventh house, or forms strong aspects or conjunctions with certain personal planets, it often brings a tendency to draw people into your life who reflect your shadow side.

For me, it's apparently a subtle note. The only aspects it makes are a square to my AC/DC, a sextile to Neptune, and a very loose trine to Mars. I don't have any other ninth house placements, but I do have the moon in Sagittarius (and conjunct Neptune but out of orb of sextile with Pluto, unless the orb extends to 8 degrees), which echoes the ninth house message, so perhaps there's some ninth house echo there.

graay ghost

Pluto conjunct MC in 6th house, opposite Mars, square Saturn and Mercury, sextile Uranus/Neptune, trine Sun.

I see a lot of the bad in people. Pretty sure if it weren't for that sun trine into Cancer I would have given up on them already. Instead, I guess I'm more morbidly fascinated.

Last edited:

P3PSI642

I didn't mean that Pluto have no effect, on the very contrary, pluto can be frighteningly powerful in a "dark" sort of way.
But it's not like the other planets, or luminaries.
Where mars represent your drive, the sun your self and saturn your limits, I see Pluto having a deepening effect on whatever it touches and a "push-your-button" sort of thing.
WELL, I think we're basically saying the same thing, just having a different semantics x)

Ladylike

I have pluto in the seventh house in Libra ( I also have Uranus and the moon placed there ) My love life is definitely the most complicated area of my life. As somebody else wrote, I draw people into my life who reflects my shadow side. That is so spot on. I get attracted to people who awaken the feeling of intensity - and every relationship is so intense, dramatic and often ends up with either them or me being hurt badly. Every relationship kind of transform me...

I would love to have a "normal" kind of relationship - on the other hand, it is never dull being in my shoes. Sex is very important - and so is deep conversations, deep feelings etc with my partner - which is something I really don't need in my relationships with friends or family.

Last edited:

Blacknight

I have pluto in the 2nd/scorpio sextile neptune in capricorn. It also loosely (very loosely at 9 degrees; probably doesn't count) trines my cancer mars.

Never really noticed anything related to it.

cspencer

Banned
I have Pluto in the 4th Place. It has transited the remainder of the 4th, and all of the 5th, 6th and 7th, presently sitting in the 8th.

Never noticed anything.

Izzy542

My hole life events and feelings are about my plouto,it is the only planet in my natal which is in hard aspects,opposition jupiter and square Mercury its like its leading the hole chart, in scorpio in 5th so it is in strong place. In some cases when a personal planet go in conjuction with it I feel like a scorpion, very weird because I am a very happy lioness normally.
So about me having in 5h scorpio.
In my personal life it was always a struggles for power and domince,which in the end I always win although at the start they believe that I am a victim.it is like men get addicted to me with time, I have to admit that I am all about the tactics how to manipulate men I sense their weakness, also my type of men is a strong men in authority position that is very
Emotional and hart. But I despise anykind of jealousy and never in my life got jealous or controlling but on the other hand I have the tendency for this kind of men. I do not know if it has something to do with planet but it is my only explanation for that, I am extremely revengeful person like never forget always wait and prepare but always get my revenge, or else it feels like unfinished business.
Nothing else special, I seriously dislike scorpions sun or moon.

Moondancing

Premium Member
Osamenor, Pluto in Leo conj. my MC and opposes my Moon and Sun/Asc in Sco. so I've always been aware that Pluto should play a big part in my life. One way I can see Pluto in my career is when I get an idea there is no turning back from accomplishing my goal. Success is the only result I'm looking for. People probably see me as a perfectionist with a desire to be the best. Many of my clients are also people who are at the top of their profession.

Pluto opposing Moon shows jealousy but I've created so much for myself that is mine I only admire those who have created greatness in their life.

Moondance

My career choice for 25 years is a maid.

P3PSI642

Izzy: Yes, Pluto can have that sort of effect, of attracting qualities that you despise or people that "draw your shadow side" as osa said...
Pluto in fifth is all about intensity... Your love-affairs are mostly an all-or-nothing relationships, very intense. Without being jealous, a fifth house pluto is prone to possessivity and even stalking (in extreme cases) either you "own" this energy, or, as you seem to, you attract partners with these traits... Very interesting however!

And all of you! Thank you for answering this thread, it,s very interesting!

I personally have a very heavy (as in very present) Pluto in my chart
In scorpio, in eight house, conjunct my N.Node, forming an exact yod with sun at the apex, trine venus, sextile moon and opposite mars, it makes my life quite a journey, I can tell you that and can explain my interest with this body.
I Had to deal with sexual abuse from a very young age, nearly killed myself in my teens, had to deal with self-harm and had 2 near-death experiences in the past two years, many of my friends were or still are suicidal or into self-harm, all of my life is revolving on the word intensity, mostly, but I have the will and stamina to get through it all.
My feelings are one hell of a roller coaster, very intense, but also very tightly controlled. I do have control issue, I am possessive and jealous, which I'm getting better with. I am paranoid about certain things and cannot settle for meaningless chit chat, which any of the people talk to feel instinctively, since I always seem to attract people who need to share their deepest secrets, and I welcome them with no judgment.
Having others input, even from people who don't feel it as intensely as I, for example, is very interesting.

, so I don't know how someone without its influence feels or deal with everyday life.

ashriia

I have Pluto in the 4th Place. It has transited the remainder of the 4th, and all of the 5th, 6th and 7th, presently sitting in the 8th.

Never noticed anything.

I'd really be curious to see your chart. Do you have a stellium heavy chart?

No major events in around 1995/1996 either?

I have had almost identical transits of Pluto, and I have felt Pluto more than any other planet in my chart. But I have also had it oppose Mercury, Chiron, Sun, Venus, Moon, Asc, Jupiter already though. Asking if you have a heavy stellium based chart to learn if you've had planetary oppositions to pluto before. Surprised that an ascendant opposition to pluto would not have been felt at all :andy: so strange.

graay ghost

The idea of "attracting qualities that you despise" does not seem that true, at least for me. It is more a matter of awareness, I guess, of bad qualities in people -- if I cannot find anything I don't like about a person, I just don't know them that well. But then, wouldn't you rather know about these things than allow them to go undetected for so long?

P3PSI642

The idea of "attracting qualities that you despise" does not seem that true, at least for me. It is more a matter of awareness, I guess, of bad qualities in people -- if I cannot find anything I don't like about a person, I just don't know them that well. But then, wouldn't you rather know about these things than allow them to go undetected for so long?

Pluto's goal, in the end, is to transform people. They will put them through many hardships in order to do that, and it doesn't care how it's done, as long as you do it.
Pluto will push your button and put you in vulnerable situations where you'd rather be everywhere else but there, but in different ways and will continue to do so as long is it is not satisfied. That it is my understanding of pluto.
How it tries to transform you is depicted by the connections in the chart.
What should remains from Pluto is that it tries to deeply transform you with intense challenge, repetitively throughout your life, or in one big event that will make you do a 180...
As Osa said, Pluto has a tendency to bring people who reflects your shadow side IF you have connections to certain personnal planet and if it is found in "People" house, seventh, as he mentionned, but also fifth and eleventh.
"Despise" was evidently too strong of a word, and I apologies. Uncomfortable would have been more appropriate.

Last edited:

Osamenor

Staff member

That part about attracting the shadow can play out in lots of different ways, and it's not necessarily happening throughout your life. My sister has a Pluto placement in her chart that, according to an astrologer we consulted together, makes her prone to drawing in people who reflect the shadow. She's had one relationship with someone who was emotionally abusive--in fact, at the time of that consultation, she was just finally breaking free of it, after years of trying to leave him. Some of the other people she's dated have had their issues and/or a certain strangeness about them, but none of them hurt her as far as I know.

And the kind of upbringing we had was not the kind that creates a risk for abusive relationships. We didn't have abusive or alcoholic or unstable parents. They didn't even divorce, unlike many of our friends' parents.

Love2Know

I have pluto 3ed scorpio Natally. I have Pluto square mercury... I am neurotic and paranoid beyond belief lol. I have been suspecious of everyone including parts of myself!
3ed house part I like to learn on my own yes. I also like to get information from people but not being taught or having to then commit to what they told me... that drives me mad. I also get really heated when people talk for other people when I ask someone a direct question or they fail to see how what I asked relates to anything. It is all connected. I have had lots of controlling neighbours they have never spoken directly to me. I never formed close relationships with teachers or had mentors. I did better in university than grade or highschool.
.. I thrived in that learning enviornment. I did not like study groups either. So yeah .... I love my older brother lol but everyone thought I was an only child or eldest sibling.

Last edited: