Venus conjunct Mars and Attractiveness

cassanra

I have this in Leo in the fifth PLUS uranus
I am not sure the above description would fit me.
Too this conjunction is challenged by moon, sun and neptune in fact it is mostly challenged and being in the fifth may not express itself though Aries is my rising sign.

MTTY05

I've got Venus conjunct Mars in Virgo in the 8th, but the above description in the first post doesn't apply to me. Maybe it's because Venus squares Saturn, I don't know. My Sun and Mercury are in the mix too with Venus & Mars, forming a stellium.

starlink

My Venus-Mars conjunction is in Aries and in the 5th house, like Cassandra's. My Asc. is Scorpio (traditionally ruled by Mars) and Venus (ruler of my Sun) trines Pluto.
I may sound a bit, well, I dont know what you would call it really, proud maybe? but I started out being an ugly duckling as a child, then at 18 years old, lost puppy fat and instantly became attractive to the opposite sex.

This only got better and better, I was a model at some time, even made it to the frontpage of a magazine once. Men seem to be very attracted to me, no matter what age!! I had friends of my teenage son telling me : wow mrs. ..... you look sexy!! Imagine, Cheeky boy!! Now, 20 years later he is one of the most handsome looking young men I have ever seen! Too bad this age /generation difference.....
I have had lovers 15 years younger than myself when i was 50. Now I will be 62 and even with the wrinkles and what not, men are still interested. I however, feel increasingly less attractive now that I am getting older and gaining the ever so difficult to get rid off weight!!
Yes, my Venus-Mars conjunction has done it for me, but I also think that my Ascendant helped a lot.

lillyjgc

Senior Member, Educational board Editor
Hi
I have a few charts with a mars/venus cj. I've just had a look at them..One is the chart of a woman in her 50' s with her mars/venus conjunction part of a 5 planet stellium in Leo.(this woman has *big hair*!). Her asc. is cancer.
She is very attractive and vain to go with that.Her partner also has a mars/venus conjunction, in Aries.He too is a very good looking man.
I think this conjunction is an interesting one.I have heard some describe it as being a *gay aspect* but none of the charts I have of gay people have this aspect, interestingly.These two people are definitely *straight.*(i know them well).
It's an aspect I have difficulty *interpreting* in a natal chart, as one would think mars and venus together would be conflicting energies. The woman has a cancer ascendant and the man has a sadge asc.Their child is very good looking too so I wonder if he has inherited the aspect...I don't have his chart..
I agree the ascendant is very important in terms of physical appearance. Mine is Capricorn and I do have a Saturnian body..wiry and strong.Not so good-looking though.:) Even with all the Libran planets.:)
Cheers,
Lillyjgc

barthelemy

i share this placement:

venus conj. mars & both in virgo and 9th house
and my asc. is also in scopio + moon in scopio (and sun sq. asc.)

i find that how i look and feel about how good i look varies greatly, a lot depends on my mood and state of mind (that's pretty virgo, right? & i have a lot of earth elemets in my chart) so, sometimes i feel really beautiful and on other days i hate my looks so much

i am vain too and not something i hide.

as far as other people's interest in me? *sigh* it's all very strange, not many people approach me (for a date)...bizarely i hear feedback (on my looks) from the opposite sex is given to my friends (mostly, and sometimes my family!?)
I do get complements on my looks from complete strangers though

Last edited:

katydid

lillyjgc said:
Hi

It's an aspect I have difficulty *interpreting* in a natal chart, as one would think mars and venus together would be conflicting energies...
Cheers,
Lillyjgc

I agree that it is a difficult aspect to put your finger on. It seems to really be dependent upon the sign and house placement , and other aspects to see if either the Mars or Venus are dominant or are well balanced.
I know of 2 girls charts where the Venus 'overpowers' the Mars, by being in Libra, and being trine or conjunct the Moon, thus upping the feminine , and lowering the testosterone. Both of these girls are very 'sexy' and 'girly' and have some magnetic power over males.
However, if the Mars is the dominant planet in a girls chart, by sign/house and/or aspect, then the femininity can be under stress, and there, possibly, comes into play gender identity issues, sexuality issues, and sometimes a feeling of not being as attractive to others.

I have also seen a curious kind of personality aspect to some mars/venus conjunctions in a chart. A few of the people I have seen with them have little interest in 'relationship' issues per se. At first I thought they would want to know a lot about their relationships, and prepared for that in my pre-reading
preparation. But each time, with 3 different clients, I was told that they were not that interested in the relationship aspects, and felt 'content' being single because they felt fulfilled at this point just pursuing their other goals.
I was surprised by that, and I wonder if any other mars/venus conjunctions
feel the same way?

lilllybelle

I have mars at 24' aries and venus at 23' aries in the 8th house. I've never been what you would call beautiful(plenty cute though), but when I was younger men were very attratecd to me. I has an intense quality about me back then. I had received quite a few marriage proposals by the time I was 23.

Around the age of 26, I went through some big changes in my life and I started internalizing most of my venus/mars energy. I started keeping it private.

I've seen how my conjunction can be sexy, but I think it can also be repulsive at times. I've often pondered on whether a venus/ mars conjunction can fluctuate between being repulsive and magnetically attractive. I think I've seen both sides in my life.

girlcat

lilllybelle said:
I've seen how my conjunction can be sexy, but I think it can also be repulsive at times. I've often pondered on whether a venus/ mars conjunction can fluctuate between being repulsive and magnetically attractive.
hmm interesting..i wonder this also bc i haven't had a relationship for a while even though i've been ready for one. i feel akwardly creepy sometimes too. i have libra rising with venus conjunct mars in leo in H11, trine neptune sextile pluto (pluto conjunct saturn in 1H) but venus is inconjunct moon (in pisces). i wonder if the venus moon inconjunct makes it difficult for me to enter into relationships? i feel i am not an initiator in relationships but am definitely responsive, my friends and family always tell me it's just bc i "don't put myself out there". what does that even mean? i'm out there! i think they just say that bc they don't really know what else to say. in my younger years (like in high school) i got a lot of male attention and i was def much more extroverted those days bc i didn't feel the need to protect myself, but now i feel i'm actually much better looking then i was back then but don't get any offers! very rarely and from guys that i am not interested in.
anyway, sorry for the long dragging post. i think venus conjuct mars can be attractive and i want to freely express that energy again, it was quite fun! :)
girlcat

freedomlover

quoting katydid: I have also seen a curious kind of personality aspect to some mars/venus conjunctions in a chart. A few of the people I have seen with them have little interest in 'relationship' issues per se. At first I thought they would want to know a lot about their relationships, and prepared for that in my pre-reading
preparation. But each time, with 3 different clients, I was told that they were not that interested in the relationship aspects, and felt 'content' being single because they felt fulfilled at this point just pursuing their other goals.
I was surprised by that, and I wonder if any other mars/venus conjunctions
feel the same way?

My ex-husband has Venus Mars tight conjunct in Cancer trining his Scorpio Moon conjunct Ascendant in the first. He was ( and still is) drop-dead gorgeous. Milky-white skin, sea-green eyes with long black lashes, and a head full of wavy black hair. ALL the girls went ga-ga over him. Emotionally - he's a different story.:eek: We were only married a year when he was 19. He remarried about 6 years later for a couple of years. He had one other serious girlfriend about 10 years after that which lasted about 2 years. He asked her to marry him, but she declined after finding out how he treated his first two wives. He has been without a relationship since they broke up, about 8 years ago. He is now 45. Those are the only relationships he's had in his life - and he shows little interest in having one most of the time. He has serious mother issues though. ( Mars conjunct Venus in Cancer - ahem)

I used to have a friend with a tight Mars/Venus conjunction in Aries in the first house. She, like Starlink, was a model. She had several millionaire boyfriends and travelled with the jet-set,engaged several times, but never married. She is 62 now, and still shows no interest in settling down. She has always been content to pursue her career goals. The last serious boyfriend she's had was about 20 years ago.

My youngest daughter has a loose (6degree orb) Mars/Venus conjunction in Leo/Virgo (Venus has just entered Virgo- 0'03"Virgo). She was quite stunning as a child - resembled Shirley Temple quite a bit. She had curly blonde hair and HUGE eyes. She showed zero interest in relationships with the opposite sex till she was about 19, when she got her first boyfriend. She was always content to work on her music and such while all the other girls were dating in school.

Last edited:

elumen

Very interesting discussion! My feeling is that a lot depends on which sign the conjunction falls into. In Virgo, Venus is in Fall, it weakens its appeal. So a conjunction in Virgo would not give the same attractiveness as in Libra or even Cancer. My first love had a tight conjunction of Mars and Venus in Gemini, he was and is very very handsome (although that seems to be his main talent, I mean the intellectual development is not as great ;-) He was very attractive and attracted to the opposite sex. Did not rush to get married but was always interested in a close relationship. His rising sign is unknown and he Sun is in Taurus.

Last edited:

Effie

I am wondering what is superior: the Venus-Mars conjunction, or the Sun-Venus conjunction when it comes to looks?

My personal experience tells me that Venus-Mars conjunction makes you feel very-very sexy and attractive to the opposite sex for obvious reasons, while the Sun-Venus conjunction makes someone beautiful by objective standards (i.e., everyone accepts and tells that the person is beautiful even if they are not attracted to him or her).

The Venus-Mars conjunction gives a lot of personal confidence and cockiness too.

The SR year the my sun conjuncted my venus, I felt super beautiful and everyone was saying that. I wish I had this aspect in my natal where I do have the mars-venus-mc very tight conjunction in gemini opposing neptune right on the ic.

lilllybelle

I'm not sure that the venus/mars conjunction has a lot to do with looks. I think it's more of an energy or vibe of attractiveness that the v/m person radiates.There's just something about them that is sexy even if they don't have conventional beauty. I would look to the ascendent for traditional beauty.

freedomlover

lilllybelle said:
I'm not sure that the venus/mars conjunction has a lot to do with looks. I think it's more of an energy or vibe of attractiveness that the v/m person radiates.There's just something about them that is sexy even if they don't have conventional beauty. I would look to the ascendent for traditional beauty.
In the case of my gorgeous, but psychotic, ex-husband - and in the case of my ex-model friend...... both of the rulers of their ascendants happened to be Mars. I wonder if that explained alot of the beauty? The ruler of the Ascendant was tightly conjunct Venus.

lilllybelle

I still haven't found a consistent pattern for beauty in the chart. There are a lot of things I would rule out as being an indicator of beauty and some things that I would say might be true but nothing that I've seen to be a definate indicator of beauty.
In your example FL, I would lean towards saying it was the asc. ruler conjuncting venus that caused the beauty.
My ex and I both have M/V conjunct in aires. He wasn't handsome, but he was intensly sexy.

Last edited:

elumen

I think that the connection to the Ascendant is decisive for the looks. I know a person with Sun Venus conjunction in Virgo and she is neither beautiful nor pretty, but she is appealing, pleasant looking. BTW, in her case it is in her First house, and the Sun rules the ascendant, but it is in Virgo conjunct the Venus, so it lessens the effect. In my own horoscope, Venus is intercepted in the first house in Pisces (my asc. is Aquarius), and I have a very good figure and an attractive face. :)
But I always wondered about the horoscope of Liz Taylor. She has Libra rising and the ruler Venus is in Detriment in Aries in her 7th but she is one of the most beautiful women of all times... So I wonder what accounts for it...

AquariusT

freedomlover said:
My ex-husband has Venus Mars tight conjunct in Cancer... . He was ( and still is) drop-dead gorgeous. Milky-white skin, sea-green eyes with long black lashes, and a head full of wavy black hair. ALL the girls went ga-ga over him. Emotionally - he's a different story.:eek: He has serious mother issues though. ( Mars conjunct Venus in Cancer - ahem)

:eek: So right on true it is scary! And I could have written this. I adore my Taurus sexy gorgeous white skinned, long black lashed green eyed Cuban with wavy black hair,Venus conj. Mars in Cancer hubby...but he truly has Mother issues. His Moon is there too.

As far as venus conj. mars in general they have been and know both sexes and perhaps are gifted in the love department. Truly gifted I mean :60: and they have insight that the average person may not have. If they are smart they use it to their advantage. They are also flirtatious and charm the pants off people.

MTTY05

Does anyone think it's possible that this aspect is passed down through families?

I just plugged in the data for my mom's natal chart for the first time, and found out that her Venus & Mars is conjunct in Leo. I was born on her 21st birthday, and I have Venus & Mars conjunct in Virgo.

hermetic

a girl friend of mine has the conjunction in Aries in 7th house opposed to Pluto in 1st.
she is probably the most sexualy intense person I've known, ever ;) she attracts both males and females big time
I think not attraction in a beauty sense but I consier this more of a sexual aspect - you do not have to be particulary attractive to have that

Maira

Yeap, what many of you said is true.

I have sun-venus-mars in aries in the 7th, all opp Pluto in 1st.
I have inherited the venus/mars conj form my mom, she has it is pisces.
It's more like a vibe, the attractivness comes from the attitude, not "beauty" per se.
My ascendant is Libra, but i believe it's conjunct saturn form the 12, so no dimples for me, my face structure is bony, high cheekbones.
And yes, i'm vain and sometimes superficial:andy: