Does progressed Moon in 12th house deny success?

dd78

I`m wondering if the progressed Moon in 12th house (Leo) could significantly influence any success in the outer world? :unsure:

I`m not sure, but it seems that 12th house pMoon can be good only for self undoing like drugs, depression, isolation, sleeping pills, self-harm, sickness, pain and a lack of any will to live.

Does 12th house pMoon make any efforts to change one`s status quo (=total isolation and depression) impossible to achieve?

conspiracy theorist

I can say that based on experience, progressed Moon in the 12th has been one of the most industrious periods of my life. None of the things you've mentioned have been the dominant experience during this time, but it did begin with death of family members (Moon hit n.Pluto at 0 Sagittarius - one was literal death and the other was a cutting off) and exile. The progressed Moon is likely to add its flavour to other indications going on concurrently in the chart. Stated simply, it depends.

Last edited:

dd78

Thank you for your input :) You`re probably lucky enough not to have so many difficult experiences as far as 12th hs goes.

The progressed Moon is likely to add its flavour to other indications going on concurrently in the chart. Stated simply, it depends.

Unfortunately, there are progressions and activated transits to 12th ruler. And it's not going to change anytime soon.
And there`s no death of the native on the horizon, either. And death would be the best case scenario right now, actually.

dd78

To clarify, are you speaking about progressed Moon in the progressed 12th house, or progressed Moon in the natal 12th house?

Progressed Moon in natal 12th house .
I`m not familiar with delineating progressed planets in progressed houses, so I can`t use them myself.
:smile:

conspiracy theorist

Thank you for your input :) You`re probably lucky enough not to have so many difficult experiences as far as 12th hs goes.

Unfortunately, there are progressions and activated transits to 12th ruler. And it's not going to change anytime soon.
And there`s no death of the native on the horizon, either. And death would be the best case scenario right now, actually.

Well, if no will to live and self-harm are serious problems that the native is contending with, then death may very well be on the native's mental horizon.

My 12th house is ruled by a essentially and accidentally dignified Jupiter so I'm more likely to escape the more dire significations. Saying that though, there was a lot of hardship and difficulty with Saturn's massage through the 12th which resulted in a winnowing of everything that was on shaky ground - which means I was left with basically nothing to stand on after the "clearing" was completed. The 12th house p.Moon coincided with t.Saturn on ascendant - and so began my ascent from the bottom. There was also a lot of displacement and instability during the time.

It's been a challenging and difficult time, but it was met with a fighting spirit and a will-to-live. Which counts for a lot. I'm no longer under that progression personally.

Also, a very important progression going on during the time was p.Jupiter conjunct natal ascendant. Faith in self and a vision of the future that sustained me were elements that I had with me.

Last edited:

dd78

Thanks for sharing this
there was a lot of hardship and difficulty with Saturn's massage through the 12th which resulted in a winnowing of everything that was on shaky ground - which means I was left with basically nothing to stand on after the "clearing" was completed. The 12th house p.Moon coincided with t.Saturn on ascendant - and so began my ascent from the bottom. There was also a lot of displacement and instability during the time.
It's been a challenging and difficult time, but it was met with a fighting spirit and a will-to-live. Which counts for a lot. I'm no longer under that progression personally.

Also, a very important progression going on during the time was p.Jupiter conjunct natal ascendant.

Right, Saturn is your 1st ruler, so the end effects of his transit in 12th were rather positive, since 1st hs lands in 3rd row of the transit grid.

However, the transit of Saturn in the 12th by itself isn`t exactly what brings people joy, generally.

Also, pJupiter to any natal point seems to be a major modifier, since outers make little progressions, if any.

I can`t see any mitigating factors in case of the native, so I`d rather not predict success to anything the native does while pMoon is in 12th. There`s no more time to wait or waste. No activity can bring desired change, so no activity should be undertaken, because it would lead to depletion of (already very limited) resources. Yet, no activity means more trouble and more solitary confinement, so it looks like a vicious cycle.

Leo only makes things worst, because Leo seems to be the opposite of 12th house :unsure:

Last edited:

conspiracy theorist

Right, Saturn is your 1st ruler, so the end effects of his transit in 12th were rather positive, since 1st hs lands in 3rd row of the transit grid.

With placidus, my natal 12th house cusp is 0 Sagittarius. Ascendant is at 26 Sagittarius. The Saturn in 12th transit was not a joyful time, generally speaking. It was a time of threshing a la Saturn's role as exaltation of Libra. Regarding the positivity of Saturn in my chart, it's not that straightforward. Although Saturn is in sect, it's location in the 3rd house and afflicts the 3rd house ruler by square. This has resulted in Saturn "damaging" my siblings with one of them dying at childbirth due to undeveloped lungs (notice all the 3rd house sigs. piling up there) and another has a developmental disorder that has greatly restricted his speech.

Also, could you clarify what you meant by the bolded?

The 12th house progression was also a time of extremely restricted resources that called for a spartan lifestyle. During that time transiting Saturn was hovering around the ascendant. Even now I am currently still living with great frugality, and I don't see any change to that in the short term.

There is absolutely no options you have available that won't eat out your resources? What about options available on the internet?

dd78

Although Saturn is in sect, it's location in the 3rd house and afflicts the 3rd house ruler by square. This has resulted in Saturn "damaging" my siblings with one of them dying at childbirth due to undeveloped lungs (notice all the 3rd house sigs. piling up there) and another has a developmental disorder that has greatly restricted his speech.

I`m sorry to hear about it :(

I`m not saying that Saturn is positive. It is a malefic and it can`t be denied. At times it can be mitigated to some extent, though.
It`s a poor consolation that Saturn won`t meet with Mars in Sag next time.

I have similar config in my natal - Mars (3rd ruler) in 4th conjunct Merc and squares Saturn in 1st. My brother used to beat me and my mother was physically and verbally aggressive towards me.

And when Saturn transited Sag with Mars rx in 2016, my only child died. Since that time I`ve been totally isolated. No acquaintances, social contacts, friends, family (except my parents, or rather just my dad, because my mother is crazy and aggressive), no job, too little resources.

pMoon now in 12th doesn`t look like a change for the better (=job and less isolation).

I`ve been on a job search for a while, but still not successful, even though there are hundreds of positions available in my home city. I`m qualified and MA, but almost nobody replies to my job applications :sad:

There is absolutely no options you have available that won't eat out your resources? What about options available on the internet?

What do you mean by internet?

Also, could you clarify what you meant by the bolded?

I meant transit grids. I use B. Brady`s method of delineating transits (and progressions) described in her book "Predictive Astrology" . It uses transit grids. I`m sure you`re familiar with this method :smile:

I assumed that your natal AC was Capricorn, but I was wrong :andy:
AC 26 SAG makes Jupiter your 1st ruler, not Saturn. So transits of Saturn won`t have 1st house in the 3rd row of the grid.

conspiracy theorist

Hmm that's really rough what you went through growing up. I fought with my brother but there was no systematic abuse on either end, and we become pals again shortly thereafter.

With regard to the Mars/Saturn transit in Sagittarius back in 2016. I also experienced a heavy death in the family during that transit and a subsequent falling out with a parent. I can imagine that the death of your child had a lot to do with your isolation, being grief-stricken and depressed isn't going to endear you to many people.

What I meant by the internet is that there are opportunities to make money online, and these opportunities will be open to you as long as you have internet access (so at the very least you can still access the world wide web). It may not be on the level of what your credentials could net you in terms of income (at least initially) but it's a start and it at least picks up the "remote" nature of the 12th. Does the Moon have any significations toward profession or income in your natal?

I meant transit grids. I use B. Brady`s method of delineating transits (and progressions) described in her book "Predictive Astrology" . It uses transit grids. I`m sure you`re familiar with this method

Yes, it did sound jargon-y. I'm not actually familiar with her methodology. Could you elaborate more on how it works?

dd78

With regard to the Mars/Saturn transit in Sagittarius back in 2016. I also experienced a heavy death in the family during that transit and a subsequent falling out with a parent.

I`m sorry about that. I heard about many people dealing with deaths or similar terrible and painful events during that particular transit. Especially those with important Virgo placements.

I can imagine that the death of your child had a lot to do with your isolation, being grief-stricken and depressed isn't going to endear you to many people.

Right, you`ve put it very subtly.

The actual end of my social life (=partying, having fun, smoking etc.) and subsequent change of my daily routines and habits started when tUranus aspected my natal planets while transiting 8th house. Around the same time I also had multiple Saturn transits and it added some more bitterness to the already hardly edible 8th-6th house stew.

What I meant by the internet is that there are opportunities to make money online, and these opportunities will be open to you as long as you have internet access (so at the very least you can still access the world wide web). It may not be on the level of what your credentials could net you in terms of income (at least initially) but it's a start and it at least picks up the "remote" nature of the 12th.

Working from home is an option I`m considering right now, but it would keep me home alone. If I had a regular job, I would have a reason to get out of home. And to interact with other people on a regular basis. I mean direct face-to-face human contacts, rather than interacting with somebody who is hidden behind firewall and tons of technology.

Besides, remote job offers are still rather uncommon in my country.

Does the Moon have any significations toward profession or income in your natal?

Yes, actually my Moon sits in 6th natal hs.

Yes, it did sound jargon-y. I'm not actually familiar with her methodology. Could you elaborate more on how it works?

Transit grids are the easiest way of delineating transits and progressions, IMO. And follow a scheme of a cause - action - effect.

I`ll post a chart with pMoon in natal 12th house in my next post.

Happy Easter :)

Last edited:

dd78

I attach natal chart with progressions.

Take a close look at 12th house and his ruler, Venus.

I`m going to add some background information a bit later.

Attachments

• MNAtal+progr2015.jpg
    MNAtal+progr2015.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 48

dd78

Pluto was retrograde at 2 degrees capricorn in 2009, are you sure this is your birth chart ?

I Didn't I say I was attaching my own chart :innocent:

This chart provides a graphic example of progressed Moon in 12th house.

Along with 12th ruler undergoing significant changes by progression.

This native passed away just a few months later. :crying:

dd78

What I want to say is that the 12th house pMoon isn`t necessarily associated with death. However, it is associated with illness, isolation/hospitals and being powerless/helpless.

I need to add that the native was heavily disabled. As soon as his pMoon entered 12th house, he suddenly had to be admitted to a hospital, where he contracted a life- threatening infection, which was treated with surgeries and IV antibiotics. The cause of this infection was negligence of hospital personnel. I`ll save you the details.

This infection came out of the blue.

When my pMoon entered 12th house (last July) , I also suddenly fell ill (sudden life-threatening infection) and spend some time in a hospital. The infection was associated with excruciating pain, that could only be stopped by the strongest existing painkillers. I underwent two surgeries under general anesthesia, was treated by IV antibiotics.

My infection came out of the blue as well.
However, unlike the native, I have neither disabilities nor chronic conditions, so I finally fully recovered.
But I suffered significant losses due to this situation. These can be resolved to some extent, but only with significant amounts of money, which is what I certainly don`t have right now.
I`m helpless - 12th house.

dd78

So how would a grid of pMoon entering 12th house look like?

According to the abovementioned method of delineation:

1st row is:
causes = natal positions of the involved planets ( Moon - 6th house)

2nd row is:
action = space where the main events take place (pMoon - 12th house)
= the houses/ points receiving transit or progression

3rd row is:
the outcome of the transit/prog. = the houses ruled by the involved planets (Moon rules 11th house)

To make a story of it:

I got sick (cause = 6th house), so I had to go to a hospital (action = 12th house)

and now (as a result of this illness) I have some new goals and wishes (result =11th house) - to get rid of an esthetic issue caused by the treatment of the illness! :pouty:

This wish will not come true - I`m helpless about it.

Last edited: