What is my dominant planet? I'm confused...

Forgotten Warrior

This chart yields a mixed bag...the predominance of any one planet is weak. There are many candidates, and how they are placed in any hierarchical system is very much left to the judgment and inclinations of the astrologer.

Uranus is strong by angularity (4°). He will be prominent by any measure. He most directly influences 4th house affairs and brings upset to the domestic scene.

The chart pattern is a seesaw, and does not of itself point toward any particular planet.
There are oppositions in all 3 Qualities...no help there.

Sun is focal in the Common t-square, and in an angular house, repeating the 4th house stress signalled by Uranus.

I suggest using the traditional methods for determining the Almuten Figuris.

Thank you for the reply.
Both Uranus and the Sun are important in my chart,then.
Are you suggesting Almuten Figuris?I think I did it once,and I got Jupiter,as far as I remember(not fully sure).

david starling

When I said Pluto, it was about the Domicle-ruler of the Ascendant-sign. But Pluto is weakened in Sagittarius, and in opposition to Saturn. So, turning to 12/12, your only Exalted placements are the Sun and the NN. I consider the NN of secondary importance regarding the resolution of Chart influences, even though it's important in its own way.
That leaves the Exalted Sun in Pisces, unopposed and Trine the Asc, and compatible with both your Moon-sign and your Ascendant-sign.

So, congratulations, you're a Uranian/Aquarian influenced Sun Piscean!
You have the Domicle-ruler of Pisces in Aquarius, and the Domicle-ruler of Aquarius in Pisces.

Last edited:

Forgotten Warrior

When I said Pluto, it was about the Domicle-ruler of the Ascendant-sign. But Pluto is weakened in Sagittarius, and in opposition to Saturn. So, turning to 12/12, your only Exalted placements are the Sun and the NN. I consider the NN of secondary importance regarding the resolution of Chart influences, even though it's important in its own way.
That leaves the Exalted Sun in Pisces, unopposed and Trine the Asc, and compatible with both your Moon-sign and your Ascendant-sign.

So, congratulations, you're a Uranian/Aquarian influenced Sun Piscean!
You have the Domicle-ruler of Pisces in Aquarius, and the Domicle-ruler of Aquarius in Pisces.

I always felt both Aquarius and Pisces in me...

greybeard

You are not a jumble, but a person of flexibility and adaptability.

Uranus is active, dynamic, prominent. (Depends on accurate birth time.)

If Jupiter is almuten, give him his due.

I recommend close study of chart pattern. The seesaw indicates high fluidity, keen awareness of immediate surroundings and of forces at play. The native is fundamentally an interpreter, able to communicate the deeper meanings of things. A mediator, an artist (not necessarily with brush in hand). Seesaws are tentative, rather Libra-like...you feel your way into and through what you meet. Thus, quick responses to changing conditions; the absence of a single strong focus allows for versatility, appropriate responses.

Also, the Common T-square gives a point of focus in Sun...the formation is dynamic, demands attention. The Saturn-Pluto opposition tends toward rigidity, to hanging on...runs counter to the fluid nature of the over-riding chart pattern.

The 4th house is emphasized. Uranus, Sun and Mercury are there, ruled by Jupiter.

There is no confusion here. We have a chart; we analyze it, then interpret what we find.

The same uncertainty you feel in trying to organize the chart in your mind will appear in the actual living-out of the life. Enjoy the day.

Last edited:

Forgotten Warrior

You are not a jumble, but a person of flexibility and adaptability.

Uranus is active, dynamic, prominent. (Depends on accurate birth time.)

If Jupiter is almuten, give him his due.

I recommend close study of chart pattern. The seesaw indicates high fluidity, keen awareness of immediate surroundings and of forces at play. The native is fundamentally an interpreter, able to communicate the deeper meanings of things. A mediator, an artist (not necessarily with brush in hand). Seesaws are tentative, rather Libra-like...you feel your way into and through what you meet. Thus, quick responses to changing conditions; the absence of a single strong focus allows for versatility, appropriate responses.

Also, the Common T-square gives a point of focus in Sun...the formation is dynamic, demands attention. The Saturn-Pluto opposition tends toward rigidity, to hanging on...runs counter to the fluid nature of the over-riding chart pattern.

The 4th house is emphasized. Uranus, Sun and Mercury are there, ruled by Jupiter.

There is no confusion here. We have a chart; we analyze it, then interpret what we find.

The same uncertainty you feel in trying to organize the chart in your mind will appear in the actual living-out of the life. Enjoy the day.

I'm glad for this reply.
Everything you said resonated with me.

Ecliptique

Hello Forgotten Warrior,

Uranus and Mercury are important but Pluto is the master star of your birth chart.

This year you have the significant transits from Jupiter (ending) to Saturn, Sun & Pluto and Saturn to Pluto until the end of the year.

Next year you can follow the transits of Neptune, Jupiter, Mars and Venus, which will be memorable too.

Ecliptique. :smile:

greybeard

Moon seems to be the final dispositor of your chart.

But Mars is exalted in Capricorn, strong too, even if it's not his domicile sign.

Uranus is dominant also, because it conjunct IC, but is at 0° Pisces. So, not in domicile anymore

So, i'll say the Moon

How do you get Moon as final dispositor? She rules no other planet.

She is "in domicile", but it goes no further.

Last edited:

three M symbols

How do you get Moon as final dispositor? She rules no other planet.

She is "in domicile", but it goes no further.

Oh yes, my bad, sorry. I thought Moon has a lot of chance to be the final dispositor because it's the only planet in domicile. I should have spent more time analyzing the chart before answering

So, I did the dispositor chain. The chain end with Jupiter and Sun, that are in a mutual reception. But none of them is in domicile.

So I think there is no final dispositor, but Sun and Jupiter rules other planets, excepted the Moon that rules herself.

I think this chart doesn't really has an unique dominant planet.
Moon and Mars are strong because domicile and exaltation, Sun and Jupiter (mutual reception + fact of being dispositors of other planets), Uranus (because it conjuncts an angle).. Too much to choose one

It's easier when a planet is for example in domicile sign + conjunct an angle (mostly the ASC)

Last edited:

Whoam1

I'll give you the raw terms I'd use for some of the planets in question.

Uranus:breath, the birthing process,the naked truth,individuality focused on a worldly level, rebellion, open to whatever life has to offer, connected to the deeper inner-psyche that connects everything in the universe

Pluto:Volitlity, the big bang (creation of th universe), turning whatever it touches either on or off, the never ending search for Extestentailism unhindered by the confines of society (loners)

Saturn:regression, conservation, purging, the skeletal system, excrement, materialism, survival(especially surival by stuff). However an important note is that this type can change (feel free to ask).

Mercury: intellect, the brain, the nervous system, communication, curiosity, those who think first and act later, has certain androgynous or hermaphroditic qualities.

Mars: physicality, raw, sexual, energy, the muscular system, adrenaline, agression, power needs.

Jupiter:ambition needs, fortune, superiority, muscle relaxation, digestion, prestige, expansion (again like a stomach eating).

Forgotten Warrior

Hello Forgotten Warrior,

Uranus and Mercury are important but Pluto is the master star of your birth chart.

This year you have the significant transits from Jupiter (ending) to Saturn, Sun & Pluto and Saturn to Pluto until the end of the year.

Next year you can follow the transits of Neptune, Jupiter, Mars and Venus, which will be memorable too.

Thank you so much,at least it'll better with next year transits...

Forgotten Warrior

Oh yes, my bad, sorry. I thought Moon has a lot of chance to be the final dispositor because it's the only planet in domicile. I should have spent more time analyzing the chart before answering

So, I did the dispositor chain. The chain end with Jupiter and Sun, that are in a mutual reception. But none of them is in domicile.

So I think there is no final dispositor, but Sun and Jupiter rules other planets, excepted the Moon that rules herself.

I think this chart doesn't really has an unique dominant planet.
Moon and Mars are strong because domicile and exaltation, Sun and Jupiter (mutual reception + fact of being dispositors of other planets), Uranus (because it conjuncts an angle).. Too much to choose one

It's easier when a planet is for example in domicile sign + conjunct an angle (mostly the ASC)
So it's not a certain dominant planet in my chart?Hmmm...

Forgotten Warrior

I'll give you the raw terms I'd use for some of the planets in question.

Uranus:breath, the birthing process,the naked truth,individuality focused on a worldly level, rebellion, open to whatever life has to offer, connected to the deeper inner-psyche that connects everything in the universe

Pluto:Volitlity, the big bang (creation of th universe), turning whatever it touches either on or off, the never ending search for Extestentailism unhindered by the confines of society (loners)

Saturn:regression, conservation, purging, the skeletal system, excrement, materialism, survival(especially surival by stuff). However an important note is that this type can change (feel free to ask).

Mercury: intellect, the brain, the nervous system, communication, curiosity, those who think first and act later, has certain androgynous or hermaphroditic qualities.

Mars: physicality, raw, sexual, energy, the muscular system, adrenaline, agression, power needs.

Jupiter:ambition needs, fortune, superiority, muscle relaxation, digestion, prestige, expansion (again like a stomach eating).

They seem like good descriptions...

Whoam1

They seem like good descriptions...

I'm saying that a chart plus the environment someone is raised in is the person. So for this chart ruler if you will, that also depended on how you grew as a person (think someone with the exact same chart as you, like simone born a minute a part in the same hospital in the room next to you wont he the same person as you). So in hoping that one day you will be able to look at the notes I sent you and pick out which planet you live with at the for front of you life.

Forgotten Warrior

I'm saying that a chart plus the environment someone is raised in is the person. So for this chart ruler if you will, that also depended on how you grew as a person (think someone with the exact same chart as you, like simone born a minute a part in the same hospital in the room next to you wont he the same person as you). So in hoping that one day you will be able to look at the notes I sent you and pick out which planet you live with at the for front of you life.
I'm not sure,but I think Uranus and Neptune fit me at the moment...

Whoam1

I'm not sure,but I think Uranus and Neptune fit me at the moment...

You'll continue to learn and grow and find out. That Uranus sticks out btw. I myself just found out that Uranus is my most angular planet but it's on the vertex (unconscious expression) and I've been studying astrology for almost 4 years lol.

Forgotten Warrior

You'll continue to learn and grow and find out. That Uranus sticks out btw. I myself just found out that Uranus is my most angular planet but it's on the vertex (unconscious expression) and I've been studying astrology for almost 4 years lol.

Really?
My Vertex is supposed to be in the first degree of Cancer...
I'm not sure what will I grow in...

Ecliptique

Originally Posted by Ecliptique
Hello Forgotten Warrior,

Next year you can follow the transits of Neptune, Jupiter, Mars and Venus, which will be memorable too. Ecliptique. :smile:

Thank you so much,at least it'll better with next year transits...

Hello Forgotten Warrior,

as you can see, it is in principle not easy to determine with certainty the master star of your birth chart (there are a plethora of theories). I suggest you to determine to have a good knowledge of the planetary symbolism then to scrutinize the transits which are significant for you (via the interpretation that you will have made) by confronting it with your lived experience. You can already study past and present transits that made sense or make sense to you before you embark on the future transits that will be meaningful to you. You can start with the year 2015, then 2016 and 2017, then 2018 and finish ... by 2019 which must be at the height of your ambition, of your requirement of result so that one is interested in you, that you absolutely have to get there in what you love with personal recognition by being determined, that you have to show a certain rationality in relation to what you aspire to, etc.

Take stock of all this to find the answer.