New Moon/Full Moon eclipse and Asc

Cynthia

As we're about to enter the new series of eclipse I wonder what opportunities lie ahead for me. On February 7th the New moon Solar eclipse will oppose my Ascedant. On February 9, 2009 the Full Moon Lunar eclipse will conjunct my Ascdendant. The last time I had a new moon eclipse conjunct my ASC, I got married. I have not had a full moon eclipse land on my ASc so I wonder what opportunities lie ahead for me. I want to know from other's what experiences you have encountered with a new moon eclipse oppose your ASC and a full moon eclipse conjunct your ASC. Just looking for ideas. I know I still need to look deeper into my chart to see what may be coming about for me.

4leafclovah

Cynthia I was just reading about the eclipse and was going to do a post right before I saw this! This eclipse is supposed to be a high powered eclipse.
I read that if the eclipse falls in the 7th you could end or begin a new relationship.. thats all I know.

Cynthia

The full moon eclipse in Virgo on February 21st. actually falls in my 1st house natally but Solarly (I'm a Pisces) it will be in my 7th house. I have struggled with a partner throughout the last couple years. I want committment and he does not and yet he keeps coming back. I just got to the point were I stood my ground and said that without a relationship/committment then there is no point in us talking to one another. We we're also going to form a business partnership but I guess that could of also scared him.

I'm wondering if this could be him finally coming through and willing to give me a relationship or could it be someone new coming into my life.

I currently have Pluto and Jupiter transiting in my 5th house and starting in late March Uranus SSq my natal Venus in Aqua. Last time Ura SSQ Ven occurred for me, I fell in love for the first time. I've already been married once and divorced but I am now ready to fall in love again. :)

Culpeper

Premium Member
I just looked at the solar eclipse mundane chart for the USA. The eclipse will be visible in Antarctica, and since the effects of an eclipse are greatest where it is visible, this one should not cause too much trouble for the world.

However, I am certain their will be some lasting effects, primarily in the financial sector, as Rx Mercury is conjunct the eclipse in the fixed sign of Aquarius. The financial problems will originate in the USA but then spread to other countries.

4leafclovah

This eclipse falls in my 7th as well(6th progressed)I'm really thinking something is going to happening soon. The only problem is that it falls on my progressed Mars, which is either going to give me more energy or deplete it even more! I don't need another hit to my energy levels:( I also have T. north node conjunct my Mars/Venus midpoint. Oh, and it will be squaring my sun/moon midpoint and sextile Chiron. I really have a feeling this eclipse may push me out of my current job and force a change in that area or I will have to deal with relationship matters.Let me know how this eclipse effects you and I will do the same!

Kingsley

A client of mine with an solar eclipse on her descendant (to the degree) last year had a terrible sequence of events occur. However its not just the eclipse one needs to evaluate here and instead look at progs, returns, solar arcs and transits after the fact.

You will have to see what natal saturn is doing and the any connection with ascendant ruler and 7th etc etc Cynthia. It is siginificant that the ecplipse's are alternating in your relational sphere though. The solar eclipse on the 7th Feb is about communication systems in my view. Breaking down the information that is unseen. Creating a picture of something going on in life that one has no real facts to substantiate but there it is, your intituition says so.

The fixed star Sualocin is at the crux of the eclipse and is about naiveness and over confidence. see my blog below and search the internet for more on sualocin Cynthia.

4leafclovah

My birthday is at the end of the month and in my SR I have all positive aspects coming from my 7th. Is this telling at all?:confused:

Kingsley

Pehaps there are some good connections there 4leafclovah. Eclipes are stange devices that are difficult to predict outcomes for unless they are specifically attached to telling natal planets etc. One thing for sure is that things do not seem to turn out as planned.

I have the February solar eclpise on my Moon in aquarius. Recently and over the last few years, Neptune has transitted over her and last year Saturn opposed her. These were somewhat indicators of health while at the same time were focussed on elements of my security. Cancer is intercepted in my chart so the significators are more to do with the freedoms I need to develop philosophical pursuits (9th house) in life. Underneath the Moon there are midpoints worth checking and of course fised stars and sabian symbols to extrapolate any personal meanings for eclipses falling on impoertant points in the natal chart.

The ecclipse in feb, in my view is about making a redicision in life. Connecting with ones experiences in the community or at home and seeing something about ones self that prompts conscious and cognitive awareness. However one might work to process that information and indeed shift psychologically "away" from that reflection about self will determine the extent of how (for example) relationships or matters of security might go.

There is a chance at least with this eclipse to become aware of hurts and wounds that one may have been ignoring in the past. Whether one decides to do something about these cognitions is left to be seen.

k

4leafclovah

Kingsley said:
Pehaps there are some good connections there 4leafclovah. Eclipes are stange devices that are difficult to predict outcomes for unless they are specifically attached to telling natal planets etc. One thing for sure is that things do not seem to turn out as planned.

I have the February solar eclpise on my Moon in aquarius. Recently and over the last few years, Neptune has transitted over her and last year Saturn opposed her. These were somewhat indicators of health while at the same time were focussed on elements of my security. Cancer is intercepted in my chart so the significators are more to do with the freedoms I need to develop philosophical pursuits (9th house) in life. Underneath the Moon there are midpoints worth checking and of course fised stars and sabian symbols to extrapolate any personal meanings for eclipses falling on impoertant points in the natal chart.

The ecclipse in feb, in my view is about making a redicision in life. Connecting with ones experiences in the community or at home and seeing something about ones self that prompts conscious and cognitive awareness. However one might work to process that information and indeed shift psychologically "away" from that reflection about self will determine the extent of how (for example) relationships or matters of security might go.

There is a chance at least with this eclipse to become aware of hurts and wounds that one may have been ignoring in the past. Whether one decides to do something about these cognitions is left to be seen.

k

Well, you know the universe likes the good old fashioned way of turning your life upside down before you can reap any rewards. It never fails for me -there is always a catch! Its like I am waiting for a massive bomb to be dropped at any moment...:eek:

Kingsley

It is always darkest before dawn Clovah! I have found that there is no point in tussling over impending doom or explosive devices falling from the sky. Knowing that there is something good coming in the end is safety in itself, trusting the process perhaps.

Be a risk taker and go outside and draw a target for the bomb to land and that way one can just get on with things and let the cosmos do its thing.

best

and its visible in the pacific islands, new zealand and east coast of australia

Culpeper said:
I just looked at the solar eclipse mundane chart for the USA. The eclipse will be visible in Antarctica, and since the effects of an eclipse are greatest where it is visible, this one should not cause too much trouble for the world.

However, I am certain their will be some lasting effects, primarily in the financial sector, as Rx Mercury is conjunct the eclipse in the fixed sign of Aquarius. The financial problems will originate in the USA but then spread to other countries.

Last edited:

4leafclovah

Kingsley said:
It is always darkest before dawn Clovah! I have found that there is no point in tussling over impending doom or explosive devices falling from the sky. Knowing that there is something good coming in the end is safety in itself, trusting the process perhaps.

Be a risk taker and go outside and draw a target for the bomb to land and that way one can just get on with things and let the cosmos do its thing.

best
Will do Kingsley !:p

the solar eclipse is partial i think.......can anyone tell me?

i was just reading that merc isnt easily seen because it travels so close to the sun, but it is visible somewhat during a eclipse........so i wonder if merc retro will have more force at this time, because it will not be totally obscured by the suns rays........i know this is a long shot, but i wonder? It makes some sense, even if the eclipse only takes minutes.......

what do you guys think?

tikana

LG

from what i have seen.. it does not matter which kind of eclipse you have! Eclpses pretty much show you major events in your life.. it might bypass minor ones so look at the eclipses

cheers
T

Last edited:
thanks tik......

ok, i am going to seem like a total twat now(whats new some of you may say:D), but i guess i need to know..........if an eclipse is the moon passing over the sun, why does it not appear as a conjunction in my transits(on my natal)? I dont get it.

ok never mind, i have just answered my own question......
its cos the transits are done for the DAY.......
so is the eclipse going to be at 17 degrees?

tik.....
what i was asking should make some sense, even though i have answered it myself now.......if two luminaries are going to visibly cross each other, then obviously they are a conjunction right? in my transits for the day (feb 7th) it shows them at 2 degrees apart, but i guess it wont take the moon that long to cover 2 degrees.......
It makes me wonder though at what time astrodienst cast the transits for each day.........