Sidereal Astrology is More Accurate

JUPITERASC

I agree. I'm just gonna go and listen to some punk rock music; maybe have a beer and few more pretzals........:lol::lol::lol:

:lol::lol::lol: That's funny! The thing is is this is exactly my problem with sidereal too. Even though what I now know of it logically to me sounds like the more truer (?) way to cast a chart when I do this I do really try to have an open mind too, it's so hard to wrap my mind around the fact that now I am a Sun sign Aquarius (that was ok) but with a Libra moon and Asc????? I'm gonna need to really meditate on these changes (and others as well) and get back to yall. Siderally, Serafin5
While you maybe have a beer along with a few more pretzals before settling down to really meditate on these changes, you may find some useful information at this link for "Sidereal Astrology Interpretations" - http://www.solunars.com/interp/ - Because the site is currently being built the links are to related postings on a companion site which is a forum discussing Sidereal astrologyhttp://solunars.net/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=30 :smile:

Shanti

Thanks for the link Jupiterasc..
I have not seen the site before.

This is an interpretation of sidereal Aries Sun (Hitler).

Quote:Jim Eshelman site:

http://www.solunars.com/interp/signs/sun.htm
  • ACTION-ORIENTED. Active, dynamic, impatient. Perpetual adolescents.
  • Cyclothymic or cycloidal (manic-depressive), though not necessarily financially (as was suggested by Manilius).
  • Political. Power-hungry, rather than like Sagittarius social climbers. Need to control and play leader.
  • At home in business/commercial world of “money-power.”
  • Must be a leader in whichever situation, either highly orthodox or highly unorthodox. Many disrupt the status quo, revel in their nonconformity, and boost their own egos by causing social disturbances. Capricious.
  • Express opinions unhesitantly, honestly, and frequently. Polemical. “Bold in their opinions” (Firmicus). Will not mince words. “Unhindered by modesty” (Manilius). Directness may leave hurt feelings at times.
  • Often lack the capacity for empathy, thus insensitive to the feelings or moods of others.
  • “Image problem” expressed either as overt insecurity or blatant overstressed ego. “Uncertain hearts in trembling bosoms” (Manilius).
  • Very sensitive to criticism. Rarely admits own mistakes. Slow to retreat or apologize.
  • “Hates to be under an obligation” (Gleadow). Fears indebtedness, does not want gratitude to be expected of him/her.
  • Analytical, objective, utilitarian. “Immediacy with a practical touch.” Theory must be made practical. Resourceful.
  • Violent deaths, suicides, accident-prone.
  • Many are romantically aggressive, “wants action.” – Once settled, very faithful.
  • Strong family sense. Takes great pride in own children. May lean toward extravagance with loved ones.

serafin5

While you maybe have a beer along with a few more pretzals before settling down to really meditate on these changes, you may find some useful information at this link for "Sidereal Astrology Interpretations" - http://www.solunars.com/interp/ - Because the site is currently being built the links are to related postings on a companion site which is a forum discussing Sidereal astrologyhttp://solunars.net/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=30 :smile:

Thanks, JupAsc, I will do just that! :lol::lol::lol:

Rebel Uranian

The sidereal site actually gets me much better than the tropical one with a few exceptions here and there. I think those are cancelled by other chart factors (i.e. Capricorns not liking visual arts cancelled by Gemini loving it, and Gemini superficiality and flightiness cancelled by Capricorn stability? They actually do have a lot in common in places, like liking expression etc. Capricorn is actually a non-conformist :whistling: And Mars in Virgo is awesome.) Now time to try this on other people...

The one thing that I thought really didn't fit now fits, just read the note on the page.

Edit: Oh wait, this is pretty vague at times so far, just like regular modern astrology. There are way too many non-conformist/revolutionary/fighting for a cause aspects.

Does angularity refer to angular houses or the degree positions of angles?

Last edited:

Inconjunct

Thanks for the link Jupiterasc..
I have not seen the site before.

This is an interpretation of sidereal Aries Sun (Hitler).

Quote:Jim Eshelman site:

http://www.solunars.com/interp/signs/sun.htm
  • ACTION-ORIENTED. Active, dynamic, impatient. Perpetual adolescents.
  • Cyclothymic or cycloidal (manic-depressive), though not necessarily financially (as was suggested by Manilius).
  • Political. Power-hungry, rather than like Sagittarius social climbers. Need to control and play leader.
  • At home in business/commercial world of “money-power.”
  • Must be a leader in whichever situation, either highly orthodox or highly unorthodox. Many disrupt the status quo, revel in their nonconformity, and boost their own egos by causing social disturbances. Capricious.
  • Express opinions unhesitantly, honestly, and frequently. Polemical. “Bold in their opinions” (Firmicus). Will not mince words. “Unhindered by modesty” (Manilius). Directness may leave hurt feelings at times.
  • Often lack the capacity for empathy, thus insensitive to the feelings or moods of others.
  • “Image problem” expressed either as overt insecurity or blatant overstressed ego. “Uncertain hearts in trembling bosoms” (Manilius).
  • Very sensitive to criticism. Rarely admits own mistakes. Slow to retreat or apologize.
  • “Hates to be under an obligation” (Gleadow). Fears indebtedness, does not want gratitude to be expected of him/her.
  • Analytical, objective, utilitarian. “Immediacy with a practical touch.” Theory must be made practical. Resourceful.
  • Violent deaths, suicides, accident-prone.
  • Many are romantically aggressive, “wants action.” – Once settled, very faithful.
  • Strong family sense. Takes great pride in own children. May lean toward extravagance with loved ones.

Hardly any of that describes the Hitler we know from history.

Rebel Uranian

That's what the rest of the chart is for. Plus, there is more to people than history. The Sun would be the most descriptive planet for history, especially for leaders of countries, so yes...

Inconjunct

The Sun would only represent the leader of a country in a chart for that country.

From what we know of Hitler, from people who knew him and worked with him, he wasn't a perpetual adolescent, nor was he accident-prone, nor was he much of a family man (I'm referring here to the bolded bits of Shanti's post. He was unmarried until right at the end of his life, when he married Eva Braun in the bunker, after which they killed themselves in a suicide pact. He had no children.

Yes, he was political but that's hardly a stunning insight into a political leader. He wasn't impatient - it took ten years from the failed Beer Hall Putsch of 1923 for him to be elected to the German parliament. I wouldn't describe him as unorthodox either, movements like Nazism are all about conformity and mass identity. Nor do I think he was manic-depressive or in any way mentally unwell.

Capricious? Only inasmuch as anyone with absolute power ends up being capricious.

So there is little of this interpretation of the Sun in Aries which seems to refer to Hitler.

JUPITERASC

Inconjunct

That's all well and good, but people are using their understanding (from history) of famous people to illustrate how "accurate" sidereal is - you can't have it both ways.

Inconjunct

Which is why I haven't got into that particular p*ssing contest. As MSO said, it's pointless as, unless you were related to said famous person, you're likely only to have a superficial understanding of them based on what they reveal to the public.

dr. farr

In my opinion the Hitler sidereal delineation was very accurate: BUT SO IS THE EXTENSIVE HITLER TROPICAL DELINEATION,found in several of his books, by pioneer Modernist Charles Carter. In fact, there a numerous points of agreement between the tropical Carter delineation (done in the 1930's and further with progression analysis, in the 1950's) and the sidereal anaylsis found in this thread. Why do both contain much accuracy, if one matrix is right and the other matrix is wrong? ANSWER: because neither is right and neither is wrong, because IN EXPERT HANDS correct indications can be determined through EITHER whole system model (my opinion)
Me? I prefer the tropical model, but I simply have seen to much + evidence to knock the sidereal model.

And, with that, I withdraw from participation in this thread:happy:....

retinoid

@retinoid - Moon and Venus are the "watery" or cold and wet planets, so look how powerful they are to know how watery you are.

I wish I could say that I was my tropical chart, but I'm not and anyways I sufficiently like who I am.

They're both in sagittarius (in tropical and sidereal) and both are posited in the 8th house conjunct each other and Uranus. So Idk how 'watery' that is.

Munch

It occurs to me that almost any and all systems of astrology will be accurate if you actually use it correctly. All charts have major themes that will jump out repeatedly in different ways. Maybe you just catch these themes via different methods but its always there. Just a thought.:smile:

kennedyrosewhith

I agree, Munch. I think that the solar system and universe has its own pattern, and these various systems of astrology are just ways to define that pattern. Every system should come to the same conclusion, because they're all trying to describe the same pattern, but since they do it in different ways, they reach that same conclusion in different ways.