Rahu in 12th house

Ekonomist13

Having rahu in 12th house considered bad?

Hello Ana, It's considered pretty bad.

- chronic illnesses (are you having problems with your eyes?)
- financial instability - overspending
- Minimal success with maximum hard work

However, it could be neutralized by some aspects and conjunctions, so you're advised to leave your birth details here.

What specific problems are you having?

Ana david

Hello Ana, It's considered pretty bad.

- chronic illnesses (are you having problems with your eyes?)
- financial instability - overspending
- Minimal success with maximum hard work

However, it could be neutralized by some aspects and conjunctions, so you're advised to leave your birth details here.

What specific problems are you having?

Hello, Ekonomist13
Thank you for the reply. I can relate to the second point you have mentioned.(overspending)
I want to know, when will I get married (married life good or bad) and the possibility of settling abroad. Any insight/input into this, what's going on will be highly appreciated.

Thanks

Birth detail

Place: Jalandhar
Date: 2nd Nov 1984
Timing: 8:40

Ekonomist13

Well in that case, overspending was a lucky shot.

Why?

Because your Rahu is in the 7th house. That means your desires and destiny involve marriage and a lot of energy is placed into it.

However, at the same time, they are some huge conjunctions in your chart.

For starters, there's the Sun-Merc-Sat conjunction in the 12th house, which does explain your wish for travelling abroad. In this conjunction all of the planets are benefic and good, and there's an exchange yoga between your Mars and Venus, which is another great aspect in your chart. This conjunction has Sun leading the way with his bright light; mercury is a bit too old to lead the show and Saturn is doing what he does best - delaying and trying to teach you a lesson. This conjunction makes you indecisive, cunning, face rejection from relatives and friends (probably due to your ego or their jelousy), makes you charming and OVERSPENDING.

Jupiter and Mars weak conjunction with weak Mars in 2nd house of Sag. Well Jupiter is in his own sign and in 2nd house promises opportunities and optimism in the fields of wealth and family relations. Jupiter doesn't aspect anybody, but he's still strong so he makes you some kind of a wise, educational person.

Moon in Aquarius makes your emotions little less shown to others. You might prefer friends and social networking over your family and/or partner. This makes you a Dhanishta nakshatra native (promise of ego clashes in 2019, hidden enemies and competition in work) - you're probably working in science, education or a lawyer, and probably have problems with anemia and/or uterus/irregular periods.

Asc Scorpio, makes you Anuradha nakshatra, promises music and fine arts inclination. Those two nakshatras you might consider compatible for marriage (there are certainly more though).

Conjunction in the first house is what worries me. Shows Ketu-Venus-Uranus (if you count it) conjuntion and a lot of energy invested in who you are and what you want to be. While Uranus and Venus are fighting to get you somehwere, Ketu wants you to leave it all alone, abandond material and switch to spirituality. You might start looking at relationships and love like it's an object, agreement.

Even if you knew exactly who you were, Rahu in 7th house means you will always seek for more out of your partner.

Mars and Saturn are ruling your chart; Mars is weak and lead by Jupiter, while Saturn is strong but in bad sign placement. It might cause delays or too much hard work towards arts/travelling/spirituality which might not get fulfilled (Mercury in the conjunction is in 29 degrees, so he's practically dying there).

He's also aspecting Moon, and not in a good way. Looks like your emotions get the better over your intelligence.

You are towards the end of Jupiter Mahadasha, and Jupiter is right about to enter Scorpio on 5th november. I don't think it will bring you marriage, but it does bring business opportunities and career advance AFTER HARD WORK. Due to Jup ruling 2nd abd 5th house for Scorpio Asc, it will be better for you than for most of the people because your natal Jupiter is in 2nd house. Expect wealth problems to turn for a little better, not too much.

And expect to learn something totally new about yourself with your newly developed passion for spirituality and astrology :)

P.S. Would appreciate feedback on how much of it is right, so I can recalibrate if needed. I loved your natal chart, it's complex yet simple at the same time. There's many conjunctions but only a few houses are occupied by planets, so at the same time you would like to lead a simple life, but you get caught up in the details and execution.

Ana david

Well in that case, overspending was a lucky shot.

Why?

Because your Rahu is in the 7th house. That means your desires and destiny involve marriage and a lot of energy is placed into it.

However, at the same time, they are some huge conjunctions in your chart.

For starters, there's the Sun-Merc-Sat conjunction in the 12th house, which does explain your wish for travelling abroad. In this conjunction all of the planets are benefic and good, and there's an exchange yoga between your Mars and Venus, which is another great aspect in your chart. This conjunction has Sun leading the way with his bright light; mercury is a bit too old to lead the show and Saturn is doing what he does best - delaying and trying to teach you a lesson. This conjunction makes you indecisive, cunning, face rejection from relatives and friends (probably due to your ego or their jelousy), makes you charming and OVERSPENDING.

Jupiter and Mars weak conjunction with weak Mars in 2nd house of Sag. Well Jupiter is in his own sign and in 2nd house promises opportunities and optimism in the fields of wealth and family relations. Jupiter doesn't aspect anybody, but he's still strong so he makes you some kind of a wise, educational person.

Moon in Aquarius makes your emotions little less shown to others. You might prefer friends and social networking over your family and/or partner. This makes you a Dhanishta nakshatra native (promise of ego clashes in 2019, hidden enemies and competition in work) - you're probably working in science, education or a lawyer, and probably have problems with anemia and/or uterus/irregular periods.

Asc Scorpio, makes you Anuradha nakshatra, promises music and fine arts inclination. Those two nakshatras you might consider compatible for marriage (there are certainly more though).

Conjunction in the first house is what worries me. Shows Ketu-Venus-Uranus (if you count it) conjuntion and a lot of energy invested in who you are and what you want to be. While Uranus and Venus are fighting to get you somehwere, Ketu wants you to leave it all alone, abandond material and switch to spirituality. You might start looking at relationships and love like it's an object, agreement.

Even if you knew exactly who you were, Rahu in 7th house means you will always seek for more out of your partner.

Mars and Saturn are ruling your chart; Mars is weak and lead by Jupiter, while Saturn is strong but in bad sign placement. It might cause delays or too much hard work towards arts/travelling/spirituality which might not get fulfilled (Mercury in the conjunction is in 29 degrees, so he's practically dying there).

He's also aspecting Moon, and not in a good way. Looks like your emotions get the better over your intelligence.

You are towards the end of Jupiter Mahadasha, and Jupiter is right about to enter Scorpio on 5th november. I don't think it will bring you marriage, but it does bring business opportunities and career advance AFTER HARD WORK. Due to Jup ruling 2nd abd 5th house for Scorpio Asc, it will be better for you than for most of the people because your natal Jupiter is in 2nd house. Expect wealth problems to turn for a little better, not too much.

And expect to learn something totally new about yourself with your newly developed passion for spirituality and astrology :)

P.S. Would appreciate feedback on how much of it is right, so I can recalibrate if needed. I loved your natal chart, it's complex yet simple at the same time. There's many conjunctions but only a few houses are occupied by planets, so at the same time you would like to lead a simple life, but you get caught up in the details and execution.

Ekonomist13...Thankyou so much for your efforts, precious time and looking into my chart.I REALLY APPRECIATE IT!!! Today, I missed a great oppturnity to get to know my chart well from an expert. My bad, i forgot to mention "PM" with time.
Again thankyou for your analysis
Regards,

Ekonomist13

Ekonomist13...Thankyou so much for your efforts, precious time and looking into my chart.I REALLY APPRECIATE IT!!! Today, I missed a great oppturnity to get to know my chart well from an expert. My bad, i forgot to mention "PM" with time.
Again thankyou for your analysis
Regards,

So, do you need it analyzed with new data in mind? It took me an hour, but I can do it later.

Ana david

I really appreciate the time you put into this.Data is the same,its actually the time of day I was born in (8:40PM Not 8:40AM), mak my chart totally different. In my birth chart, Rahu is the 12th not in the7th house and so on.
And you dont have to do this again. I alreadyam extremely sorry for having taken your valuable time!

soul9

Hey Ana, I am using your revised birth detail where Rahu is in 12th.
Do you fight with your spouse frequently due to your overspending nature? Let me know.

Ana david

Hey Ana, I am using your revised birth detail where Rahu is in 12th.
Do you fight with your spouse frequently due to your overspending nature? Let me know.

Hello soul9
No,I'm not married. This is what I want to know... When will I get married and about foreign settlement? As far as overspending is concerned, I find almost every month( especially this year) big expenses creep up on me.

soul9

Hi Ana,
You are going through Saturn-Mercury period which will last till December, followed by Saturn-Ketu period till 2021. Sat-Ketu is not considered as a favorable time period for relationships or marriage.
Are you travelling a lot recently due to your work? How is your health?

Ana david

Thanks for the clarification. When is the good Time for marriage?

Travelling.... Yes, a lot with in country. And next month, I m going to Germany.

Health.... In August (this year) I was diagnosed with thyroid issue and my cholesterol level went high due to thyroid problem.

Again thanks for the reply!!

Ekonomist13

Travelling.... Yes, a lot with in country. And next month, I m going to Germany.

Health.... In August (this year) I was diagnosed with thyroid issue and my cholesterol level went high due to thyroid problem.

Is it Hashimoto's thyreoditis? I know a lot of Scorpio (well scorpio in western, not vedic) people with Hashimoto. Interesting, will have to find aspects in Vedic related to it.

Ana david

@Ekonomist13
Yes, you are right... It's called Hashimoto/Hypothyroid.

Scorpio people with hashimoto ....That's interesting thing to know. My Zodiac sign is Scorpio too.

Ekonomist13

@Ekonomist13
Yes, you are right... It's called Hashimoto/Hypothyroid.

Scorpio people with hashimoto ....That's interesting thing to know. My Zodiac sign is Scorpio too.

Yeah, but I know couple of Sag's and Leo's with the same diagnose, so I'll have to dig deeper, it can't be the Sun sign in Western zodiac alone, nor the scorpio's fixed modality nor the fire signs (due to scorpio obviously).

It's probably some aspect, related to neuroticism as a personality trait and neck/endocrine problems in medical astrology.

I'll get back to you with Vedic reading soon regarding love and financials.

Update: the Leo is Scorpio ascendant in western...maybe we're onto something, but in the wrong forum xD

Last edited:

or1000

we sound similar. good look with your travels and your health of course! :)

Ana david

Yeah, but I know couple of Sag's and Leo's with the same diagnose, so I'll have to dig deeper, it can't be the Sun sign in Western zodiac alone, nor the scorpio's fixed modality nor the fire signs (due to scorpio obviously).

It's probably some aspect, related to neuroticism as a personality trait and neck/endocrine problems in medical astrology.

I'll get back to you with Vedic reading soon regarding love and financials.

Update: the Leo is Scorpio ascendant in western...maybe we're onto something, but in the wrong forum xD

Update 2: You all share Pluto in Libra, and that's the only thing you all share in VEDIC (even though Pluto is not a standard planet for vedic astrology)

This is something new for me....and I find it fascinating... specific diseases related to different signs.

"Dig deeper" ..You have an inquisitive mind and i really appreciate it!!

Vedic reading regarding love and finance... Sure and thank you for your time!!
Regards,

Ekonomist13

This is something new for me....and I find it fascinating... specific diseases related to different signs.

"Dig deeper" ..You have an inquisitive mind and i really appreciate it!!

Vedic reading regarding love and finance... Sure and thank you for your time!!
Regards,

Hello and happy birthday :happy::happy:

I'm afraid I don't bear much of the good news. But there is some!

I don't know how much you need to know about your personality....you seem intuitive and self-aware..but personality helps me decide what will happen, so I pay much attention to it.

Asc Gemini - lots of interests, communication, ruler is Mercury
Moon in 9th house of Aquarius - independent thinker, rebellious, likes to work in solitude; in seek for a greater Truth and spirituality; best vocation: teacher/preacher/philosopher/scientist

Moon nakshatra - Shatabisha, ruler Rahu (first Mahadasha of Rahu).

Sun in Libra in 5th house - indecisive, self-confidence coming from seeking of balance and harmony (between entertainment and work /entertainment and children when born) - possible speculations and gains/losses from it (yet to be determined)

Rahu 12 house Taurus - mentioned - overspending - security found in gaining more and more materialstic things; 12th house indicative of desire for foreign travel

Ketu 6th house of Scorpio (conjunct Mercury) - good analytical skills, intuition.

Sun/Saturn conj 5th house/Libra - Neech Bhaga Raj Yoga - cancelling of debilitation - due to Raj Yoga, success in career and moderately good finances BUT, struggles in relationships. On a personal level, you're highly ambitious and organized/disciplined/hard working - which will result in success in career, but due to constant cancellations of debilitations, those results come in waves (ups and downs, ups and downs, no constancy - seasonal jobs??)

Sat aspects Rahu - want more material things than needed to survive - however much you earn, it will never be enough

Sat aspecting Mars/jup/(Neptune) conj in 7th house of marriage and partnerships - aggressive, expansive, teaching - you possess great self-control, but need to release your anger so you don't explode and break down. Your main motivation is to do job good.

Merc/Ven/ketu conj 6th house of Scorpio - Venus far away and weak - Merc/ketu - sharp and intelligent with knowledge of technology and computers, but due to current mahadasha - probably cheated by friends or relatives in the last few years. Venus = throat, neck, Merc = speech/nervous system, Ketu = chronic disease = Hashimoto (pituitary gland - hypothalamus - thyroid disorder),

Moon in aquarius = depressions while transits are bad.

Mahadasha/Antardasha - Saturn/Mercury until 19/11/2019, then Saturn/Ketu

Mercury transit 10th house now - more spirituality, easygoing period, growth in career, satisfactory income

Merc transit 11th house in 10 days till 2/12 - lots of material comfort, brothers and friends helping, new hidden talent found, multiple sources of income and companionship of opposite gender (lots).

Merc transit 12th house from 2/12 to 23/12 - Weaker, loss of wealth and health, increased expanditure, possibiltiy of travelling in foreign country (trip will be failure).

Venus 10th house now (35 days) - mental stress, worries, disputes with family, recurrent failing, chances of debt and loan

Venus 11th house next (35 days) - expansion in wealth and fame, better finances, good situation home

Venus 12th house next (35 days) - increased expanditure, foreign trips, possibility of theft in your house (while on trip), possibility of romantic relationship initiation ( 70-80 days from now ).

Saturn 11th house now - good, all positive period, good finances to cover up previous losses, some good event in last 2 years, positive for job/career

Saturn 12 th house next - beginning of Sade Sati (20/1/2020 in 3 months) - everything will turn out for worse, you will need to work harder for same gains, best thing to do is to stay patient and avoid major decisions for the next 5 - 7,5 years.

Rahu 5th house now - Mental stress again, possible children issues, growth in income, issues in love life, confusion

Rahu 6th house next - increased wealth, profit in business, respect and recognition (in the next 2 years while Sade Sati is in its beginning phase)

Ketu 10th house now - mental stress, loss of income but good for people on monthly salary

Ketu 11th house next (in the next 2 years) - good, positive period - profits and gains in all matters of business and property; children would marry if you had them, meditation interests.

In overall, your Saturn Mahadasha is characterized by ups and downs, gains and losses. It's especially apparent in transits. A period of a month good, and period of a month bad...

The beginning of Sade Sati (first 2.5 years) will be overall good for you, but when the Peak Sade Sati comes, expect everything to slow down and just wait it out.

Best time to initiate a new relationship: from around 7. December until 20. January 2020.

No marriage promised in above mentioend transits.

I think you're too anxious to properly flirt with people. I think you need to relax and have a leap of faith, or the life will pass you by, while you're waiting for the right guy. You're probably attractive (pretty hands and fingers, attractive body figure and radiating eyes), so every problem you have is entirely in your head.

Again, happy birthday and wish you well!

And of course, would appreciate some feedback and analysis.

Last edited:

Ana david

Hello Ekonomist13,

Thank you For wishing me bd. I really appreciate it!!:)
I'm sorry for being a day late on this. And thank you for looking into my birth chart and detailed analysis again.
I will start off with the interests....what you have stated about my personality yes,it's true I have interest in many areas(int'l politics, economics, history, archeology, war, painting, baking)
I have inclination towards spiritually, like to work alone, not a very social person, have a very small circle of friends. Rebellious yes, straight forward, self control
Love learning foreign cultures, travelling
Ketu in Scorpio... Intuitive...right
Financially stable,
'struggles in relationships'...i actually find it confusing/complicated, I try my best to stay away from them.
Cheated by relatives.... its that I don't get long with a few of my relatives.... And the problem is with me... I would blame my detached personality.
Hashimotos, pituitary gland disturbed...totally correct!!

Thank you so much for the mahadasha period interpretation
Your prediction regarding foreign travel is true!! I am going abroad next month (in mid dec)
Thanks for the positive interpretation regarding financial gains

Sade sati period ....thanks for the caution and advise.
'No marriage promised in the up coming years'..... What a relief!! Thank you sooo much for the Clarification... It's my parents who pressurizing me to get married....i have no interest in getting married or having kids. I value my freedom plus I'm not at all romantic person/ can't stand Bollywood inspired stuff. The thought of living and sharing everything with somebody makes me uncomfortable. I am happy with my life and I don’t agree that fulfilment comes only from having own family.
Thank you again for your time, I am highly greatful to you.

Again THANKS A LOT!!!