progressions and marriage indicators

Celeste

i was reading that some progressions aspects are pretty strong indicators of marriage,,, now, the man i love - we are currently apart but he s tentatively trying to reconnect with me- is the one i am thinking about so i looked at my progressed moon for next year and it will conjunct his sun [march 2010] . also the sun, ruler of my ascendant and uranus ruler of my 7th are going to form an applying trine [march 2010].
so usually they say u need at least 3 indicators i found 2 so far what else could i look for ?
i ve heard vertex could be a strong indicator but not sure how

Last edited:

natasa812

Dear Celeste, I was once searching for similar indicators since I already got married (and devorced later) and when I got married my natal Mercury was in conj. with my progressed Mercury (the ruler of my 7th). Also, my progressed Sun was in conj. with my natal Venus. The ruler of my AC (Neptune), was in exact conj. with my progressed Neptune.
I wish I could be of more help, my knowledge goes this far... :)
Best r
Natasa

lily

I am wondering too about marriage-indicators. I also started a topic about this. Progressed Venus conjunct natal Sun is a strong one about love or progressed Sun conjunt natal Venus.

I also wonder about my relationship.... his progressed mars and venus are in my natal 7th house. Mars is the ruler of this house in Aries. Also my mercury is there and his progressed mars is almost exactly on top of it...his progressed sun is conjunct my natal Saturnus (stability?) His natal Uranus is exactly on my progressed Venus , not sure what that means..

T

Teb

Not sure if I pulled my chart correctly, progressions is new to me. But I think I have the P sun conjuncts my N Venus in the 7th. Also I have a lot of aspects in the 7th!Maybe I'll have a snuggie for the winter. take a look please.

Attachments

• sun.gif
    sun.gif
    33.1 KB · Views: 96

astropsychologist

I have seen lots of prog Sun conjunct Venus and vice versa and in all cases the person has met someone but in very few cases I have seen it mean marriage. I too would really love to know when I'll be getting married and I'm constantly scrutinizing up coming transits and progressions, and tend to interpret everything as a possible indicator of marriage, lol! I can't be very objective about my own chart unfortunately, I see what I want to see.
However I posted a thread on the Vedic section of this forum and they were very helpful, I think Vedic astrology is better than western astrology for predicting events, so try posting something there, maybe they can help you out?

Attachments

• My Own Chart.jpg
    My Own Chart.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 72
T

Teb

Not sure if I pulled my chart correctly, progressions is new to me. But I think I have the P sun conjuncts my N Venus in the 7th. Also I have a lot of aspects in the 7th!Maybe I'll have a snuggie for the winter. take a look please.

anybody, please.

i was reading that some progressions aspects are pretty strong indicators of marriage,,, now, the man i love - we are currently apart but he s tentatively trying to reconnect with me- is the one i am thinking about so i looked at my progressed moon for next year and it will conjunct his sun [march 2010] . also the sun, ruler of my ascendant and uranus ruler of my 7th are going to form an applying trine [march 2010].
so usually they say u need at least 3 indicators i found 2 so far what else could i look for ?

You could also take a look at solar returns and solar arcs and of course transits:love:

To start with it's best to look at the individual needs of each persons chart and how they relate and what they are looking for. Astro.com does have an option composite + natal midpoint method (2) which I find helpful.

If you choose to post the synastry bi wheel from astro could you please select the 2nd synastry option as it will put the houses and degrees onto the wheel which is far better for us to evaluate matters....

You have posted your natal with TRANSITS not secondary progressions. Astro do one with progressions and solar arc and/or transits around in tri wheel.

What is rather noticeable is Transiting Neptune going over your Asc. Exact in March this year, IF your time of birth is correct:unsure:

There are two 'sticky' thread at the top explaining, exploring progressions for everyone to study and learn from

Last edited:
T

Teb

You have posted your natal with TRANSITS not secondary progressions. Astro do one with progressions and solar arc and/or transits around in tri wheel.

What is rather noticeable is Transiting Neptune going over your Asc. Exact in March this year, IF your time of birth is correct:unsure:

There are two 'sticky' thread at the top explaining, exploring progressions for everyone to study and learn from

what should I expect from that? perhaps I'll google it.

what should I expect from that? perhaps I'll google it.

Neptune Transits the First House
This influence sensitizes your mind, body, and soul to a higher energy. It can act to soften your disposition as you become more attuned to the subtleties in your environment and in everyday activities. You absorb the mood of those around you quite easily now, and your disposition is somewhat changeable as a result. This transit can add a mysterious aura to the way you project yourself to others. You tend to be less practical than you are idealistic, dreamy, and sensitive. Some of you may find the mundane concerns of life too boring, too drab to grab your attention! Some may feel less confident, as their direction in life is uncertain; others may attune themselves to a stronger spiritual purpose.
http://cafeastrology.com/neptune_transits_houses.html

This transit can be called 'wipeout' I've had this, you may need to sleep more. All sorts of secrets come out of 12th house. YOu may want to change your appearance in some way. I coloured my hair :crying:

T

Teb

'wipeout" eh!

Well I have been a bit bored. and picked up astrology which has my full attention. Hadn't really changed my personal appearance. How long does the transit last?

Predicting marriage and/or having children can be done, but it is not easy, time consuming and intricate. There are lots of things to take into consideration like, secondary progressions, what interaspects one chart makes to another, Solar arcs, Solar returns, Transits etc

Go to Astro.com, Astro.com, Extended Chart Selection, Special Charts, Lunar Phases Fertility Calendar. Fertile days will be marked in red. I hope this helps.

http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=15096
Pregnancy & transits thread..
The asteroid "child" 4580
On the Extended Chart Selection page, go right to the bottom and below were you select the Additional Objects (black heading) there is a box that you need to type "4580" (next to the box it reads "additional asteroids").

member called Miss Saturn has a book/theory on how many marriages and children you might have on this thread…
http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2013
http://books.google.com/books?id=0OJgX88KKMsC&pg=PA29&dq=carol+predictive+astrology+natal+marriage&ei=cgY9StL4L4XuzASuzMC6BQ

You could always ask the question in a Horary chart:love:

Celeste

thanks A50...
what about composite?

saturn is about to enter our 5th compo and then hit the moon pluto conjunction... would that be a clue of possible reconnection?

erinj

Hello

Here are some pointers for marital indicators. Will start with progressions because all major events happen with progressed to natal planets ( the good, the bad and the ugly). As far as marriage look to see if the ruler of the 7th house is activated and planets in the 7th if you have any. Also being a woman generally the Sun and or Mars may also be activated by progression and or transits by outer planets because they tend to be active so long they also act as progressions.

Once I was with a jerk who I loved dearly he had marriage aspects I had Progressed Venus square Pluto (by the way he was a Scorpio with 3 natal planets in scorpio as well) I thought that was a adjustment aspect for me where it was a heartbreak because he was cheating got married on me and I didn't find out until later. He even tried to come back several times after I found out. Sometimes squares and oppositions bring about marriage too. Generally issues have to be worked out when that happens.

Also if the ruler of ASC and DESC aspect by progressions that is a heavy contender. Look at how Venus is aspected as well. Some people get married when Venus is not activated and generally they marry out of security especially if Saturn is involved. The progressed Moon can act as a timer as well and also the ruler of 9th house because you have to get license as well. I hope this helps

nmbrown

My first marriage was predicted in my first astro-reading when I was 33 (as 42nd year to meet "soul-mate") which turned out to be my progressed moon and my future wife (astrologer's) both progressed moons in 7th. She died last year in my 74th year. Now liberated women are apparently happy with Sisterhood and a few neutered cross-sexual friendships and judging the common male urge to repartner and remarry, and I've found one my age whose top mental process orientation is Jungian consciousness development, which was my wife's and my way of intimate living (we were both licensed therapists & I a professor). Her progressed moon is in the 5th (for 2 more years) and mine the 6th, to enter the 7th before Feb. 2018. (Does that suggest my need to take care of business in preparation? I'm an amateur astrologer, don't know what source(s) to tap for reading progressions.) But her progressed Mars infront & conjunct Sun pushes my natal Venus infront & conjunct Sun around and synastry suggests destructive power conflicts. I'm seeking advice on my work so far and how to learn what I need for interpreting progressed charts. I'm popular on dating websites, but finding liberated women (my natural choice as more fully developed personalities) restrictively particular about what they want.

nmbrown

PS to the post I'm replying to: I'm also a Scorpio with all personal planets in Scorpio, but never kept amorous secrets from any partner and took devoted care of my wife dying of cancer for 11+ years as well as our disabled daughter which I'm still doing now.

pluto299

Considering my natal chart and all progressions & transits on it, I think I will soon meet my special one. My 2017/2018 solar return just confirm what says symbolic directions and transits suggest.
How can I be quite sure ?

1. Symbolic directions

Have to specifically consider for marriage
-the progressed DC + 42°: from 15°Aries to 27° Taurus, now squaring Venus. It's not necessarily a bad thing, cool down !!!
- natal Jupiter in my 7th house don't say too much by progressing
- I have 2 + 2 lords of my 7th house : first, Mars and the Sun, lords of Aries. Progressed Mars + 42° is 5°Leo, sextile my natal Sun !!!
Venus and Moon , lover and wife, also lords of my 7th continuing in Taurus, are also meeting this year. Progressed Moon + 42° conjunct natal Venus !!!
Is there love and passion or it's just a reasonable commitment o?n the menu ?
Hmmm... Progressed Venus +42° is conjuncting natal Pluto, another lord of my 7th by the way...
Sounds passionate ok, but love really ?
Progressed MidH +42° is 1° Virgo, semi-sextile to Saturn and sextile to Uranus. Saturn and Uranus are lords of my 5th house, house of love isn't it ?

2. Transits ( currents or about to come)

- Uranus trine Venus
- Saturn trine Venus
- Jupiter sextile Venus
- Jupiter trine Moon
- Neptune trine Moon
( next but soon anyway...)

3. Solar return

- Venus conjuncting Mars ( respectively lords of my 1st and 7th house, sextile on the natal chart)
- RS 5th house on he natal 7th house
- Jupiter, Aries and in the 7th house on my natal chart is in the 11th
- RS Uranus, Jupiter and Mercury are all aspecting exactly( with not any orb ) my Venus.
- RS Mercury lord of my RS 7th house in Gemini is on the 10th house...

Well, that's enough I guess. Though, if you have some insights or comments please tell me... And if you want some further details about my methodology, you can also tell me !!!:happy:

Attachments

• samb.PNG
    samb.PNG
    310.5 KB · Views: 68
  • solarreturn.PNG
    solarreturn.PNG
    261.5 KB · Views: 77

nmbrown

I don't remember when I posted the original question on this thread, but I'm not feeling the need to consult with progressions and other fateful stars at this point: Because I've been developing the love I found thru a dating-over-50 website with amazing ease--and hugely reinforced by composite relationship astrology, the only method simple enough to act as a helpful guide to me and my new sweetheart (at 74 I robbed the cradle: she's only 72). After 4 months it's only the glacial forces of financial realities in California, along with my daughter's continued suffering and dependence that can keep us from culminating in a marriage for our ages. And we're both too amazed by our luck in finding each other to not put every effort necessary into making this a relationship for our lifetimes.

JUPITERASC

Considering my natal chart and all progressions & transits on it, I think I will soon meet my special one. My 2017/2018 solar return just confirm what says symbolic directions and transits suggest.
How can I be quite sure ?

1. Symbolic directions

Have to specifically consider for marriage
-the progressed DC + 42°: from 15°Aries to 27° Taurus, now squaring Venus. It's not necessarily a bad thing, cool down !!!
- natal Jupiter in my 7th house don't say too much by progressing
- I have 2 + 2 lords of my 7th house : first, Mars and the Sun, lords of Aries. Progressed Mars + 42° is 5°Leo, sextile my natal Sun !!!
Venus and Moon , lover and wife, also lords of my 7th continuing in Taurus, are also meeting this year. Progressed Moon + 42° conjunct natal Venus !!!
Is there love and passion or it's just a reasonable commitment o?n the menu ?
Hmmm... Progressed Venus +42° is conjuncting natal Pluto, another lord of my 7th by the way...
Sounds passionate ok, but love really ?
Progressed MidH +42° is 1° Virgo, semi-sextile to Saturn and sextile to Uranus. Saturn and Uranus are lords of my 5th house, house of love isn't it ?

2. Transits ( currents or about to come)

- Uranus trine Venus
- Saturn trine Venus
- Jupiter sextile Venus
- Jupiter trine Moon
- Neptune trine Moon
( next but soon anyway...)

3. Solar return

- Venus conjuncting Mars ( respectively lords of my 1st and 7th house, sextile on the natal chart)
- RS 5th house on he natal 7th house
- Jupiter, Aries and in the 7th house on my natal chart is in the 11th
- RS Uranus, Jupiter and Mercury are all aspecting exactly( with not any orb ) my Venus.
- RS Mercury lord of my RS 7th house in Gemini is on the 10th house...

Well, that's enough I guess. Though, if you have some insights or comments please tell me... And if you want some further details about my methodology, you can also tell me !!!:happy:

DELINEATION from BobZemco with clear examples :smile:
http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?p=223562#post223562

A lot of people seem to have problems understanding progressions.
The progressed Planets are nothing more than very very slow moving transits.
Progressions are very internal in nature, meaning they're more likely to affect you mentally than physically.
That doesn't mean progressions don't affect you physically, they can,
for example a Planet progressing into the 6th House or the 6th House Ruler
progressing into the 8th or 12th House or into certain aspects with the rulers of the 6th, 8th or 12th Houses
can signify an illness.

Progressions are something you do maybe once in your life, and one of the best ways to do that is to write them down. You can use a spread sheet (like I use) or a word processor or write them on a legal pad, or you can use construction paper and crayons, it doesn't really matter. Other than that, all you need is a list of your Planets and the Ascendant and MC, and an ephemeris, which you should buy, but you can also find them online.

An ephemeris will look something like this:

Date............Sun....... Moon..... Mercury...Venus
May 26 1962 04°Ge28' 26°Aq47' 20°Ge23' 03°Cn43'
May 27 1962 05°Ge25' 10°Pi51' 20°Ge22' R 04°Cn55'
May 28 1962 06°Ge23' 25°Pi05' 20°Ge16' 06°Cn07'
May 29 1962 07°Ge21' 09°Ar25' 20°Ge05' 07°Cn19'

The symbolism is "day-for-a-year" so each day after your birthday is one year of your life.

Generally, you want to look at 120 days, which is 120 years of your life. Yes, I know you're not going to live 120 years, but none of you are special. When you die, the Solar System does not grind to a halt; it continues moving. Your chart lives on, even after you die.

There are somethings you might want to know about. Is your Will contested? Does your Estate end up in Probate Court? Does the government seize your Estate? Do your children fight over it? Does your spouse remarry? Maybe you want to comeback and haunt your spouse (or protect your spouse). Do your children marry, divorce, have more children, do your grandchildren marry etc.

Will you receive any awards or accolades, or publish a book? No kidding, a guy in Australia found his grandfather's diary of life in the trenches during World War I. He published it. Guess what? It showed up in the progressions of the grandfather's natal chart.

Here's a snippet from my progressions (sorry the formatting is less than desirable):

Natal .. Position.. Action.. Age.. Date .. ..........Location .. Contact
Venus.. 04°Cn39' Sign .....19 ....Jun 13 1962... 25°Cn14'.. 9th House
Saturn .11°Aq22' Square ..19 ... Jun 13 1962 ...11°Ta17'.. Mars
Neptune 11°Sc29' Opp .....19.... Jun 13 1962 ... 11°Ta17' Mars
Mars 28°Ar29' ...Square ...22 ....Jun 16 1962 .... 28°Cn47' Venus
Uranus 28°Le37' Qu .........22 ....Jun 16 1962..... 28°Cn47' Venus
Venus 04°Cn39' Sign .......23 .....Jun 17 1962..... 29°Cn58' Leo
Mercury 20°Ge22' D ........26...... Jun 20 1962 .....11°Ge52' D Mercury
Mars 28°Ar29' Sextile ......26 ......Jun 20 1962 .....28°Ge23' Sun
Uranus 28°Le37' Sextile ....26 ..... Jun 20 1962 .... 28°Ge23' Sun
Venus 04°Cn39' SSx........ 27 ......Jun 21 1962...... 04°Le41' Venus
Sun 05°Ge13' Con........... 28 ...... Jun 22 1962 .... 05°Le52' Venus
Sun 05°Ge13' Sign ..........28 ....... Jun 22 1962..... 00°Cn18' Sign
Jupiter 10°Pi38' SSx ........28....... Jun 22 1962...... 10°Aq38' Saturn
Moon 07°Pi41' Qu ..........29....... Jun 23 1962 ...... 07°Le03' Venus
Pluto 07°Vi32' Con ........29 ...... Jun 23 1962....... 07°Le03' Venus
MC 01°Vi31' Sextile...... 29 ........Jun 23 1962....... 01°Cn15' Sun

All I've done is write out the year in which there is some contact with progressed Planets.

At age 19, my natal Venus progressed to conjunct the 9th House Cusp at 25° Cancer.

How do you interpret that?

The 9th House Cusp is Cancer ruled by my Moon in my natal 4th House. What is the 9th House? Among things, it's long journeys. 4th House is the home.

I left the United States and didn't return for about 10 years.

See? It ain't so hard.

At age 23 my Venus progressed into the Sign of Leo. I got married. Because Venus progressed into Leo? Not entirely. My natal Mercury was Stationary in the natal 7th House, then it went Retrograde and then it went direct at age 26. In reality, I was actually 25 1/2 years old when Mercury went Direct in my 7th House of Relationships.

That is one of the advantages of writing out your progressions. When you see something like that, natal Venus progressed into the 9th House then into the Sign of Leo while Mercury goes Direct, you want to actually do a chart for that time period and then also look at the transits so you can get a sense of the timing (in this case transiting Moon conjunct Ascendant).

When I was 28, natal Sun changed Signs and entered Cancer. Did I become a Cancer? No, but I did take on some of the traits of Cancer. I became more sensitive, very emotional and extremely traditional, plus I took on a few of the negative characteristics, like brooding and being way too cautious, but then I was suffering from PTSD and the effects were starting to manifest themselves in a serious way.

When my Ascendant progressed into Sagittarius, I did not become a Sagittarius, but I did take on a few traits, like being really straightforward, to the point of being very blunt, and also broadminded and quite the procrastinator.

Natal .... Position .. Action ....Age... Date ............ Location .. Contact
Asc...... 20°Sc43' ..Sextile ....90 .... Aug 23 1962 ...20°Vi41' ... Mercury
Sun..... 05°Ge13' .. Sign .......91 .... Aug 24 1962... 00°Vi33' ....Virgo
MC ......01°Vi31' ....Sextile.... 91 .... Aug 24 1962 .. 01°Cn06'... Mars
Sun.... 05°Ge13'.... House .... 92..... Aug 25 1962 .. 01°Vi31' ...10th House
MC ......01°Vi31'..... Con .......92 .... Aug 25 1962... 01°Vi31' ... Sun

There's where I exit stage left. Not because of those particular progressions, mind you, but because of that and other things going on with transits and the Anareta wants to Tango.

The other benefit to writing out your progressions is that if you don't know the houses, signs, elements and natures (and that would be about 80% of you), then you will when you're done. The elements trine, the natures oppose and square, sextiles are always Fire/Air or Earth/Water etc.

I recommend using some of the minor aspects, like the quincunx, semi-sextile and semi-square.

Often in your life you might notice periods where your relationship with your children, spouse, parents, friends, co-workers or supervisors is a little testy and irritating. I guarantee you'll always find a semi-sextile or semi-square there. And the advantage of knowing that in advance is that you can take a "time-out," give yourself a "yellow card," take a different approach or do other things to make your life and everyone else's more pleasant.

Aspect orbs for progressions are 30' to 1° maximum. In addition to aspects, Planets changing Signs, Houses or going Direct or Retrograde are very important to note. For Planets that go Direct or Retrograde, flip ahead in the ephemeris and look to see if any transiting Planets are conjunct that point, because it will be emphasized. The same is true if a progressed Planet goes Direct or Retrograde at the pre-natal eclipses or the last Moon before birth (which will either be a Full Moon or a New Moon).

What if a progressed Planet goes Direct or Retrograde at the same point where there is a transiting Eclipse or New/Full Moon for that month? I don't know, but note it and look at it in detail later. You can ignore Lunar Eclipses after 3 months, but for Solar Eclipses it'll depend on the nature of the Sign (ie 3 months for Cardinal, 6 months for Mutable and 12 months for Fixed).

After you make your list or table, look at past events and see if you can make sense of them. As I said, not everything will manifest itself in a way that you can physically see. Once you get a feel for past events, you can start looking at future events.