Will Trump become the first US Dictator?

david starling

Speaking of "champions of the working-class"

In 1935, FDR signed into law the Social Security Act, which included Workman's Compensation for job-related injuries and illnesses. In 1968, LBJ fought for worker-safety regulations, which Nixon signed into law in 1970. Trump has already weakened those, creating exemptions for employers in hazardous industries.

This economy would be doing well without Trump, who never misses an opportunity to take credit where credit isn't due.

david starling

Kids from working class families attend college every single day. The better the economy is doing, the more stuff people can afford. And the more competition the better.

In fact if you remove the federal government involvement from education, prices would go down making college more accesible and affordable by anyone: https://www.businessinsider.com/how-much-cheaper-college-used-to-be-2015-11

Regardless of what could be done about it, college has become unaffordable for the working poor. That is what these over-inflated college loans are all about.

david starling

People voted for him because they wanted an improvement.

He delivered the improvement, otherwise they wouldn't be that happy.

No need to be condecending to them just because you dislike the fact that, for better or worse, they do support him.

They voted for him because they didn't want HRC. That included States won in the previous election by Obama/Biden.

Dirius

Speaking of "champions of the working-class"

In 1935, FDR signed into law the Social Security Act, which included Workman's Compensation for job-related injuries and illnesses. In 1968, LBJ fought for worker-safety regulations, which Nixon signed into law in 1970. Trump has already weakened those, creating exemptions for employers in hazardous industries.

This economy would be doing well without Trump, who never misses an opportunity to take credit where credit isn't due.

You do know social security is theft right?

The amount of money a woker gives to the government in the 47 years of active work-life is much larger than what they will receive in the last 20 years of their life. And back in the 30's, when it was established and life expectancy was much lower, they would have been lucky if they lived long enough to even see that money.

This is why most people opt-in for privately sponsored retirement plans such as 401k's, which are private, and pay much better.

Last edited:

david starling

You do know social security is theft right?

The amount of money a woker gives to the government in the 47 years of active work-life is much larger than what they will receive in the last 20 years of their life. And back in the 30's, when it was established and life expectancy was much lower, they would have been lucky if they lived long enough to even see that money.

This is why most people opt-in for privately sponsored retirement plans such as 401k's, which are private, and pay much better.

It includes the Workman's Compensation program. Are you against that, as well as unemployment insurance and worker safety-laws?

Dirius

Regardless of what could be done about it, college has become unaffordable for the working poor. That is what these over-inflated college loans are all about.

Thats because government backed-student loans inflates rates by allowing universities to increase tuition price - so they can make more profit. There is a correlation between college becoming more expensive and government backed loans being created in the 1960's.

david starling

Thats because government backed-student loans inflates rates by allowing universities to increase tuition price - so they can make more profit. There is a correlation between college becoming more expensive and government backed loans being created in the 1960's.

If the government's backing them, the government can forgive or reduce the amount owed as well.

Dirius

If the government's backing them, the government can forgive or reduce the amount owed as well.

And when they do, the money from people who invest their savings in those banks which eventually transform into loans, would be lost creating an economic crisis.

Do you think that cancelling debt would only hurt the rich bilionaire banker?

In reality it hurts anyone with a bank account, most of them, working-class people.

The actual profit the banks get, is by taking a cut from such financial operation and from the rate the money pays when loaning to others. Thus if the government cancels debt, the bank is still making a multi-million dollar profit, through both the operation and the interests that are paid by the government, while the average investor (normal working class people) gets F in the A, because they see no profit from such investment and may not get a full reinburstment.

Why do you think Elisabeth Warren is the least popular of the candidates?

Last edited:

leomoon

Workers of the World UNITE, and throw off the chains of the effete intellectual class!!! :lol:

I'd like to consider myself an intellectual but truth be known, I dropped out of high school at 16, went to work to help support myself and my family, and never once regretted that decision.

I am "self-taught" "self-educated" and proud of it. :annoyed: At least I can think for myself. Uranian, through and through!

An older gentlemen, a Virgo Sun and quite the stereotype of a Virgo, once said to me, "never ASSUME anything"....because when we do, (as in assuming someone knows my history and can guess if I'm in an Ivory tower or a blue collar background person), simply ends up making "an *** our of U and ME" he said. I never forgot that, and saw it as wise advice.

Last edited:

david starling

I'd like to consider myself an intellectual but truth be known, I dropped out of high school at 16, went to work to help support myself and my family, and never once regretted that decision.

I am "self-taught" "self-educated" and proud of it. :annoyed: At least I can think for myself. Uranian, through and through!

An older gentlemen, a Virgo Sun and quite the stereotype of a Virgo, once said to me, "never ASSUME anything"....because when we do, (as in assuming someone knows my history and can guess if I'm in an Ivory tower or a blue collar background person), simply ends up making "an *** our of U and ME" he said. I never forgot that, and saw it as wise advice.

There are a LOT of University-educated Trump supporters, who are pushing the stereotype of "hard-working blue-collar laborers" as being Trump's electoral "base". They want less government regulations, like the kind that would have prevented the 2008 meltdown. Many are fanatically anti-birthcontrol, and against the social-safety-net "on principle".

It's a propaganda ploy, to counteract the long-held perception that the Democratic party is the party of the Labor Unions and the blue-collar workers .

Dirius

Yeah how convinient right?

Your attitude towards Trump supporters, implying they are "uneducated" is one of the most condecendent and rude things you've said on this thread about them ---- but its totally ok for you to say such things because of *(insert personal origin story imposible to verify)*

Yeah because people on the left never lie about themselves or their situation to win an argument correct?

I'll believe that story about yourself.... just like everyone else believes Elizabeth Warren is an indian.

:happy::happy::happy:

Last edited:

david starling

Dirius, if you don't mind, are you a University graduate? Or, do you consider yourself a blue-collar worker?

I'm a University-educated blue-collar worker myself, since I opted out of becoming a Civil Engineer, or an inventor in a field of technology, which I had the ability for, but not the necessary desire. Maybe a landscaper is "green-collar" though. :biggrin:

Dirius

There are a LOT of University-educated Trump supporters, who are pushing the stereotype of "hard-working blue-collar laborers" as being Trump's electoral "base". They want less government regulations, like the kind that would have prevented the 2008 meltdown. Many are fanatically anti-birthcontrol, and against the social-safety-net "on principle".

It's a propaganda ploy, to counteract the long-held perception that the Democratic party is the party of the Labor Unions and the blue-collar workers .

Considering that so far most of the 2016-2020 campaigns for the democratic party have been mostly about LQTBQ issues, illegal immigrants, global warming, etc....

... it would be funny to call the democratic party as the party of the "labor unions" and the "blue collar-workers".

Whether you like it or not, each minute the democrats spend talking about global warming, is a minute they are not using to talk about stuff that would interest the average worker.

Dirius

Dirius, if you don't mind, are you a University graduate? Or, do you consider yourself a blue-collar worker?

I'm a University-educated blue-collar worker myself, since I opted out of becoming a Civil Engineer, or an inventor in a field of technology, which I had the ability for, but not the necessary desire. Maybe a landscaper is "green-collar" though. :biggrin:

Does it matter what I am? would you consider my opinion unworthy if I wasn't a college graduate? or my opinion superior and more valid if I was one?

AppLeo

Does it matter what I am? would you consider my opinion unworthy if I wasn't a college graduate? or my opinion superior and more valid if I was one?

well, people who don't go to college are usually dummies or at least less well-rounded thinkers, with lower IQ's