i need to find the guilty planet

three M symbols

Hi !

Since 1 or 2 months, i lack motivation, enthousiam and desires. I thought it was this Neptune - Mercury conjunction transit.. But now the conjuction is over, and the problem still here.
The more i think and analyse, the more i'm confused about who i am and what is really important for me.

If someone has an insight or idea about anything in my natal chart (or the guilty planet in transit), i will be very thankful.

Last edited:

JUPITERASC

Hi !

Since 1 or 2 months, i lack motivation, enthousiam and desires. I thought it was this Neptune - Mercury conjunction transit.. But now the conjuction is over, and the problem still here.
The more i think and analyse, the more i'm confused about who i am and what is really important for me.

If someone has an insight or idea about anything in my natal chart (or the guilty planet in transit), i will be very thankful.
Planets are not "guilty" :smile:

PLANETS act

HOUSES show AREA OF LIFE
in which PLANETS ACT

as well as
how strongly the planet can act

quality of the planet's expression
is influenced by the SIGN location of PLANETS

astrological-houses-02.jpg

IleneK

Premium Member
3MS, if you would like us to comment about transits to your natal chart, perhaps you would post a chart that shows the transits on the outside of the natal and displaying the degree positions? You can get a chart like that at astro.com and upload it here.

JA, I think perhaps 3MS may be inquiring as to which planets may be responsible or connected with the effect or situation s/he describes, rather than meaning the planet is guilty...? :)

Last edited:

IleneK

Premium Member
Thanks for your post

This is my natal chart with transits :

I think transiting Saturn may be triggering your natal Sun-Saturn opposition.

Transiting Saturn has been slowing down in March and April in anticipation of changing direction, going retrograde, at exactly the degree of your natal Saturn. I think you have been feeling transiting Saturn's effect for the last few months because it has been closely in orb to aspect natal Saturn and moving also moving very slowly, so accumulating more influence.

It will be helpful for you to learn about the meaning of the natal opposition by investigating it both by the signs and the houses in which the planets reside. It may shed more light on what is going on.

Last edited:

Osamenor

Staff member
Transits don't cause our circumstances, only reflect them. I agree with IleneK that this sounds like a Saturn issue. I would also say this sounds like plain old depression (which is associated with Saturn, for good reason). That doesn't mean you have to become depressed every time Saturn jumps up and says boo, but if you're prone to it, Saturn transits are likely to bring it out in you.

Depression is the result of not letting your light shine, not doing what feeds your soul. The natal chart shows, in a general way, what would feed your soul: your sun placement tells us that, and your moon placement tells us more. In your case, since both are in the same sign, it's clear that you have Virgo needs.

Virgo needs to be in the process of developing a skill, and it has to be a kind of skill that resonates with you. Virgo develops self by developing and perfecting skill. Since you also have so much Libra in your chart, my first guess is that you need to develop an artistic kind of skill. Or maybe (keeping that Scorpio rising in mind) your big draw is something in healing arts (thinking of the probing deep, psychological angle to Scorpio).

If you're depressed, chances are you're not doing that. Was there something you were doing that made you happy, but that you gave up? Did you perhaps feel that it conflicted with your sense of duty or responsibility (that could be reflected Saturn, particularly the Saturn/sun opposition)?

IleneK

Premium Member
I think transiting Saturn may be triggering your natal Sun-Saturn opposition.

Transiting Saturn has been slowing down in March and April in anticipation of changing direction, going retrograde, at exactly the degree of your natal Saturn. I think you have been feeling transiting Saturn's effect for the last few months because it has been closely in orb to aspect natal Saturn and moving also moving very slowly, so accumulating more influence.

It will be helpful for you to learn about the meaning of the natal opposition by investigating it both by the signs and the houses in which the planets reside. It may shed more light on what is going on.

Upon further reference to the ephemeris, I would also add that transiting Jupiter, strong in its dignity, is also cycling by square to the Sun-Saturn natal opposition.
Jup in Sag amplifies, and its cycle to natal Sun-Saturn began in Feb. It retrogrades to exact square at the end of May and will complete the final square in the autumn.

So both transiting Jupiter and Saturn are acting in concert as key triggers to the meaning of the Sun-Saturn signature in your natal.

three M symbols

Very useful replies, thanks again.

(for IleneK) :

I didn't really understood this aspect when i was reading my chart, until today.. ^^'
I feel better knowing this is a Saturn issue & will search some informations about it. Jupiter in Sag is my only fire placement. So his transits and retrogrades can have an important influence.

You're right Osamenor :)

I had 7 long years of depression. And other struggles with mental health. (12th house Mercury & Virgo Moons are prones to anxiousness / hypocondria and all this kind of things). Now I don't feel depressed or anxious anymore. I developed enough optimism, faith and skills to cope with it. Astrology gave me the proof that our lives are maybe not just absurds. This was my main depression cause.

I've been developing arts skills for the last 11 years, and never gave up, because i'm really stubborn and perfectionnist ^^'
Now that I have enough skills to feel confident with it, I can say i was happier when it was challenging and complicated. It was reallty exciting.
The things we lack are the things we want.. To shine (or this type of 10th house in Leo things) was what I wanted 11 years ago. It was the first origin of my art goals. But now, it seems too superficial for me. Recognition, compliment or perfect skills are not what i'm looking for. I just wanna like what i'm doing for myself, and find a meaning in my life.

I think what I describe in my 1st post can also involve my ascendant. Scorpio is about desires, passion, motivation and fighting spirit. Those are all the things i feel are missing me today (since 1-2 months).
Even when i was depressed or anxious, i had enough hate or anger to feel motivated and passionate about something.

Last edited:

kshantaram

Premium Member
Cancer-moon inimical for scorpio asc,
rahu NNode now transit inimical cancer,
stress-delays in foreign travels-pilgrimage;

natal mer-rahu libra 12th prone to depression;
wear brown hessonite over pendant;

mer-rahu acting skills, rise-fall in life,
prayers for ancestors, observe fast No-Moon evenings,
observe death anniversaries religiously;

sat-separative SNode coming 1.5yr transit cap 3rd,
good for general initiative and progress,
but detachment from siblings,
and pain-injury-surgery, accident prone,
arms-shoulders-ears-knees etc;
seeking transfer/change;
sat aspect inimical cancer 9th for luck;

natal ketu aries 6th, job separations,
pain-injury-surgery head-intestinal etc;
prayers to Christ, offer red flowers tues mornings
at the alter at home;

jup own sag 2nd good for family-fin-education-speech-advisory roles;
jup year ahead transit own sag 2nd, trine aries 6th for health-employment;
trine leo 10th for career-recognition;
jup effective mid-transit mar-june 019 to watch for;

sag philosophical, optimistic, ambitious, sportive, impulsive;
wear yellow sapphire over jup finger;
prayers to saint of faith, offer yellow flowers at alter at home thurs mornings;

hope this helps, share feedbacks how insightful-helpful, true-untrue,

wishing well, kshantaram

three M symbols

Cancer-moon inimical for scorpio asc,
rahu NNode now transit inimical cancer,
stress-delays in foreign travels-pilgrimage;

natal mer-rahu libra 12th prone to depression;
wear brown hessonite over pendant;

mer-rahu acting skills, rise-fall in life,
prayers for ancestors, observe fast No-Moon evenings,
observe death anniversaries religiously;

sat-separative SNode coming 1.5yr transit cap 3rd,
good for general initiative and progress,
but detachment from siblings,
and pain-injury-surgery, accident prone,
arms-shoulders-ears-knees etc;
seeking transfer/change;
sat aspect inimical cancer 9th for luck;

natal ketu aries 6th, job separations,
pain-injury-surgery head-intestinal etc;
prayers to Christ, offer red flowers tues mornings
at the alter at home;

jup own sag 2nd good for family-fin-education-speech-advisory roles;
jup year ahead transit own sag 2nd, trine aries 6th for health-employment;
trine leo 10th for career-recognition;
jup effective mid-transit mar-june 019 to watch for;

sag philosophical, optimistic, ambitious, sportive, impulsive;
wear yellow sapphire over jup finger;
prayers to saint of faith, offer yellow flowers at alter at home thurs mornings;

hope this helps, share feedbacks how insightful-helpful, true-untrue,

wishing well, kshantaram

Thanks for your reading and advices :)

This is my feedback :

Yes I think Cancer moon is hostile (in my Solar Return I have Cancer ascendant this year, and a lot of 4th house placements.
It's not really a good year)

Prone to depression, you're right.

Unhappily, I'm already detached from my sibling since several years so it can't really happen anymore.
I think it's because of natal Uranus in 3rd house + Gemini in 8th house. Gemini is the siblings sign.

I had problems with my elbow nerve this year during several months (& twice). But it seems over now (I hope)
Natal ketu Aries 6th, job separations = I experienced this, yes (almost burned out, and had to leave my studies because of my health)..

I will look at these transits

Last edited:

Osamenor

Staff member
I think you should create a new thread about this, because it can be interesting for a lot of people here :) (and me too)
New thread created. I moved those posts here.

I think what I describe in my 1st post can also involve my ascendant. Scorpio is about desires, passion, motivation and fighting spirit. Those are all the things i feel are missing me today (since 1-2 months).
Even when i was depressed or anxious, i had enough hate or anger to feel motivated and passionate about something.

Yes, that was the piece I missed (or rather, left out in an attempt to keep it simple). Ascendant is also a key consideration, as is any planet on it, and as is its ruler. Mars is both of those things for you. When you say you've lost motivation and enthusiasm, it's so clearly Mars being damped down.

It sounds like your art, which was once a challenge for you, has ceased to be a challenge and become just a routine. For someone as Mars-driven as you, routine isn't enough. The Virgo in you may want some routine, but the Scorpio/Mars in you also needs passion and challenge. No reason you couldn't have both, but if your challenge is no longer challenging, then you need a new challenge.

Maybe you could try a new form of art. Or maybe you could take your current form to another level. Do something with it no one has done before. Or maybe you could channel it in a new way: teach it, or start or join a group for people who practice it, or do something else to practice it in a new and more challenging way.

I note that your sun, Venus, and Chiron are in the eleventh house, and your Mercury - that shy retrograde twelfth house Mercury, which is apparently fueling your art - rules the eleventh. Since that house is all about groups and friends, not a solitary house, I don't think you can keep your art entirely to yourself. Maybe it started as a personal passion, and maybe personal reasons are your primary reasons for doing it, but there comes a time when it needs to get bigger than you. That's a key twelfth house message, too, in fact: that may be a very private, personal house, where we do things in secret, but it's also the house where we become bigger than ourselves, channeling the collective.

three M symbols

Yes, I guess so..

I thought my Mars was afflicted by a transit or something, but it can just be the routine and lack of challenges, as you said. Virgo extrem perfectionnism - and Mercury in Libra (always balancing the pros and cons) can be my Mars-killers. Before my North node return, I never had this kind of issues.
I feel reassured that you think I've chosen the right path with arts

Thanks you all for your help

Osamenor

Staff member
When Mars gets afflicted by transit, that just revs it up more. When something is opposing, squaring, or conjoining your Mars, that's a time when you're likely to be motivated to do something, and when you would set new things in motion. What you describe - loss of enthusiasm and motivation - is what happens when people are disowning or ignoring their Mars. If you're doing that, Mars getting poked by a transit will probably just make you feel uncomfortable and impatient but not get anywhere. Which could turn into apathetic resignation when the transit moves on.

Your Mars is in a unique situation: unaspected, although it sits on your AC and rules your chart. Unaspected planets are strong in one way - there's nothing to modify them, so their message is very clear and pure - and weak in another: there's no conversation between them and anything else in your chart, so they may be inaccessible to you. And to complicate matters, you have four planets in domicile. When more than one planet is domiciled, they don't work well together, they all want to rule. Your Mars, or any of your other domiciled planets, might lose that battle sometimes, if you make it a battle. If each planet gets a separate job, that works out better.

The last time you had a hard angle transit to your Mars (not counting the moon, which transits the whole chart every month, and doesn't stay in any aspect long enough to cause more than fleeting feelings) was seven weeks ago, in fact. That was transiting Mars opposing your natal Mars as it crossed your DC. Perhaps you had some "I want to change something" urge at that time, but quelled it. In any case, it fits with the timeline of these feelings setting in a month or two ago.

three M symbols

Your explanation is very interesting! I never looked at my chart from this point of view.. In fact, my Mars has two minors aspects. (not really important I guess)

Jupiter is at the right place in Sag, because I need at least 1 fire placement ^^'...
Uranus is at domicile also, but these planet traits are exalted in the Scorpio energy. So, it can fits well together.
The problem is more these Libra placements.

Seven weeks ago, yes, I felt concerned about 7th house and 1st house type of issues

rahu

Banned
Hi !

, i lack motivation, enthusiasm and desires. I thought it was this Neptune -

you are correct.the south node has been transited your Neptune on april 5th. the node went into 1 degree orb on march 23 and left I degree orb on april15th. the affect of the south node on Neptune us exactly as you describe, loss of initiative, day dreaming . it can give insecurity feelings . but your situation is not quite so simple because Uranus is conjunct to Neptune and exactly square the node. so this weakness you portrait is recent in the last month. but when the transiting node was square to your natal node and conjunct to you Uranus, you feelings were reversed.on feb. 6-8 the node was square to your node and the south node as conjunct your Uranus. The orb started in late December 2018.This was a time great mental and emotional energy. Uranus shows your life was the opposite you feel now. This transit brings extreme astral/psychic energy into your mind so I could see many dreams and many new ideas and ambitious plans. But the south node can also overwhelm ones mental capacity so there is a possibility this time was chaotic. You might have exhibited behavior that surprised your peers and you could have acted in ways that some may have characterized you as “crazy” or eccentric in the extreme. The end of it was that either by circumstance or by lack of energy or expertise, you failed to bring your ideas to fruition
Pluto did start transiting your Neptune and became stronger into march. This is probably why you felt the dissipative energy of Neptune earlier than I would have thought. pluto adds a deeper inertia and can bring despondency also. It can bring brooding and foreboding thoughts

I think part of your mental malaise is that ,the ideas and ambitious plans you had in February have not manifested. So part of your mental inertia is a function of feeling at a lost because you did not accomplish what you planned. Potentially your ideas in feb included changing your environment or resources. And as nothing has changed that you thought would happen.. you are left unsure of what to do now .that is in feb you thought you would be in a different circumstance, but you are not.
the positive aspect is that the south node has moved off you Neptune and you will naturally regain you joy of life.

rahu

three M symbols

What you said can explain a lot of things.. I'm glad to know these aspects are over now.
I'll try to look more at the the Nodes transits!

Actually, Saturn is conjuncting my natal Neptune
And Neptune is conjuncting natal Saturne..

Osamenor

Staff member
, i lack motivation, enthusiasm and desires. I thought it was this Neptune -

you are correct.the south node has been transited your Neptune on april 5th. the node went into 1 degree orb on march 23 and left I degree orb on april15th. the affect of the south node on Neptune us exactly as you describe, loss of initiative, day dreaming . it can give insecurity feelings . but your situation is not quite so simple because Uranus is conjunct to Neptune and exactly square the node. so this weakness you portrait is recent in the last month. but when the transiting node was square to your natal node and conjunct to you Uranus, you feelings were reversed.on feb. 6-8 the node was square to your node and the south node as conjunct your Uranus. The orb started in late December 2018.This was a time great mental and emotional energy. Uranus shows your life was the opposite you feel now. This transit brings extreme astral/psychic energy into your mind so I could see many dreams and many new ideas and ambitious plans. But the south node can also overwhelm ones mental capacity so there is a possibility this time was chaotic. You might have exhibited behavior that surprised your peers and you could have acted in ways that some may have characterized you as “crazy” or eccentric in the extreme. The end of it was that either by circumstance or by lack of energy or expertise, you failed to bring your ideas to fruition
Pluto did start transiting your Neptune and became stronger into march. This is probably why you felt the dissipative energy of Neptune earlier than I would have thought. pluto adds a deeper inertia and can bring despondency also. It can bring brooding and foreboding thoughts

I think part of your mental malaise is that ,the ideas and ambitious plans you had in February have not manifested. So part of your mental inertia is a function of feeling at a lost because you did not accomplish what you planned. Potentially your ideas in feb included changing your environment or resources. And as nothing has changed that you thought would happen.. you are left unsure of what to do now .that is in feb you thought you would be in a different circumstance, but you are not.
the positive aspect is that the south node has moved off you Neptune and you will naturally regain you joy of life.

rahu

What you said can explain a lot of things.. I'm glad to know these aspects are over now.
I'll try to look more at the the Nodes transits!

Actually, Saturn is conjuncting my natal Neptune
And Neptune is conjuncting natal Saturne..
Rahu pointed out the Neptune/south node part, which I'd missed! Yes, this energy does sound very Neptune and south node, in that a transit by either can be a dissolving, washing away of something. But, I also note that this is, again, activating your Sun/Saturn opposition. I don't see transits to outer planets having such a strong personal effect unless the outer planet being transited is in aspect to a personal planet, or Sun or Moon, or an angle. (More often than not, outer planets are, so you do get some personal effects there, but that's more a ripple effect, in my opinion, than a result of a direct hit.)

But, right now you have Saturn and Neptune activating, by transit, the mutual reception you have between them in your natal chart. And this time, they're both in their own signs. I see, again, a possible conflict between creative impulses and dreams (Neptune, Pisces) and being rooted in the material world, need for routines, self discipline (Saturn, Capricorn, Virgo).

I still think bringing more challenge into your life is the answer. That would make your Mars happy, and Jupiter, too. Jupiter return, which you recently had, is a signal to recommit to what Jupiter means to you. In a general sense, learning or teaching or both is probably key. Since it's both in and ruling your second house, there might be a Jupiterian need in the way you make your living and/or keep yourself secure.

Do you practice your art professionally, or make your living at a separate job? If you have a separate job, is it coming into conflict with your art? Or, if you're making your living through your art, are you getting pushed into setting aside your creative impulses to do what your employer or client wants? Those are some possible ways these placements and transits could be playing out.

three M symbols

I don't think it's the real problem.

Actually, I've been preparing for a long time. All the things I needed to start working in arts are ready since 2 months (like rahu said). But I was delaying this because I felt this confusion and lack of energy. With these transits, some illusions collapsed and I realized that i was setting aside others areas of my life. I burned a lot of bridges to protect my old goal and now that I can reach it, I don't know how to relate with others matters anymore.. Like groups, feeling of belonging to a common cause, hopes and wishes, developping new friendships.. (11th house), or pure entertainment /fun /love, personal projects we just enjoy without being too serious, etc.. (5th house things excepted art).

I think Jupiter in 2nd house placement suggests that faith, optimism, learning.. are related to feel secure. When Jupiter returned, a lot of fears about work disappeared quickly (overnight). 2nd house in Sag is more spiritual than an earth sign in this house. A goal can be seen as a possession. I need my life to have a deep meaning , in order to feel secure everyday and have faith.

So i'll do my work things. Maybe it will bring me a better Mars energy and new desires. I can't see solutions for others areas now.