Mercury retrograde Gemini

Meluzina

Hello. So, I wanted to ask about how is it with Geminis with their mercury retrograded. What a plot twist. And a special additional question: What if you are a gemini with Mercury retrograde in Gemini? :surprised: that is mind blowing for me, given that gemini is about mercury features like communication, extraversion, speedy moves etc., mercury retrograde is basically a failure in that area and mercury in gemini is supposed to strenghten these abilities...?, so many layers, that's like Inception. But like...what if it happened in the 3rd house? :alien:

ElenaJ

Something like a Russian nesting doll?
If nothing else, communication will be a very basic and vital instinct.

Gemini888

Gemini Sun with Gemini Mercury retrograte here.

I'm not a very good person to answer this question though, because this is also my question too. There are also other things playing out in my chart too, like the fact that my Mercury is also in 2H and forms a square to Saturn. But here's my Mercury experience so far: I feel like I'm slower than a typical Gemini, and my intelligence has always been the source of my insercurity. Only recently did I realize that most of my mental power is directed inward. That is, I'm able to get to the heart of any problem and acquire a deeper understanding of subjects I'm passionate about, in a very short time. I also have a sense of humor, but my humor is very dry. The Gemini energy doesn't display itself in the obvious way, but if you get to know me well enough you will see it. Think of it as a serious Gemini.

Meluzina

No one else has any clues? Come on guys, this might be very profound trait, might be a very different type of gemini :) any experiences would be great :)

katydid

Paul McCartney is a Gemini, with Mercury in Gemini, retrograde in the 9th.

And his Mercury tightly squares his Virgo ASscendant. So that retrograde mercury is his chart ruler and the dispositor of his Sun.

I would think he did quite well with his retro Mercury, being one of the worlds most successful lyricists of all time. Speaking simple words and expressing thoughts that so many could relate too. And living his best life.

Born: June 18, 1942, 2:00 PM
In: Liverpool (United Kingdom)

Cary2

Banned
Hello. So, I wanted to ask about how is it with Geminis with their mercury retrograded. What a plot twist. And a special additional question: What if you are a gemini with Mercury retrograde in Gemini? :surprised: that is mind blowing for me, given that gemini is about mercury features like communication, extraversion, speedy moves etc., mercury retrograde is basically a failure in that area and mercury in gemini is supposed to strenghten these abilities...?, so many layers, that's like Inception. But like...what if it happened in the 3rd house? :alien:

Retrograde is not a failure. Mercury retrograde will consider and reconsider, maybe to a purpose, maybe not.

Meluzina

Paul McCartney is a Gemini, with Mercury in Gemini, retrograde in the 9th.

And his Mercury tightly squares his Virgo ASscendant. So that retrograde mercury is his chart ruler and the dispositor of his Sun.

I would think he did quite well with his retro Mercury, being one of the worlds most successful lyricists of all time. Speaking simple words and expressing thoughts that so many could relate too. And living his best life.

Born: June 18, 1942, 2:00 PM
In: Liverpool (United Kingdom)

Thank you for this clue! I will check his lyrics in this light. But it's funny that you say that, when I was a kid, I found him so very cool and I felt strangely related to him :eek:

ElenaJ: Pls..

Cary2: Right, I might have get that wrong, I based my understanding on the difficulties that are related to Rx periods and inherent introvetness which is the opposed of what mercury should do.. So do you mean more doubt? Reconstructive thinking? Alternative thinking? Could you please zoom in the differences between straight mercury and rx mercury functioning process?

Cary2

Banned
Cary2: Right, I might have get that wrong, I based my understanding on the difficulties that are related to Rx periods and inherent introvetness which is the opposed of what mercury should do.. So do you mean more doubt? Reconstructive thinking? Alternative thinking? Could you please zoom in the differences between straight mercury and rx mercury functioning process?

Introvertness? possibly. Alternative thinking? no Reconstructive thinking? maybe.

I think retrograde is a subtle difference. For most planets, it means the activity and meaning are more internal with fewer signs that are external, otherwise I don't think there is much difference.

Last edited:

JUPITERASC

Generalisation is fun but unreliable :smile:
i.e.
there are so many differences
for starters
before drawing any conclusions

check whether chart is

a Day Chart aka Sun above the horizon

or

a Night Chart aka Sun below the horizon

find whether retrograde Mercury is of the sect in favor or not
whether Mercury is a Morning Star

or an Evening Star

and so on

Meluzina

Cary2: interesting, thank you.
JUPITERASC: Ok, but if you decided not to do it at all than you could say good bye to knowledge. I've never heard about day/night distinction, but that's really interesting, I'll try to check the differences and if I don't find that, I'll ask :D

JUPITERASC

Meluzina

JUPITERASC

oh great, thanks :)

Once again, thanks for the McCartney clue, it's interesting. So far I've read only lyrics for two albums, but all that, the way of communication is almost schizoid type - when you communicate and do not mean communication towards someone, you don't make efford to be intelligible and understood, it just somehow comes out by itself. Feels like a bunch of little snatches and abrupt barks from some distant island under a vail. Somehow bitter if you ask, like he would rather unknow some stuff, like he got too old too quick and got clever but didn't get so wise. Not that it would be shallow but not any kind of sophisticated analysis, a common man view. But these are only my impressions, possiby deluded. But as it stands, I somehow see a few connections..