understanding Rahu

PlutorisingLee

I don't pretend to know anything but I hope to understand better my Rahu in the 9th-Ketu in 3rd.
Rahu desires the spiritual/philosophical but somehow lacks will? Is it a selfish path the way I seek spirituality? What can support a better direction?
I often wonder about that.

Hopefully attached correct chart and details.

Thank you

Attachments

• Vedicchart.jpg
    Vedicchart.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 31

kshantaram

Premium Member
hope this helps reflections and take stock :

rahu achieves spirituality and realisation through the material path and material gains
and the fall out thereof, light at the end of the tunnel;

rahu clouds things, delays things, acts alike saturn;
rahu 5th delayed education, children, etc

rahu sag ambitious and hyper-impulsive;
technical aptitudes like space technology etc

ketu gemini good at information processing, hyper-analytical;
confused at decision making;
ketu 11th detachment from income-gains-friendships-relationships;

rahu 5th foreign relationships;

rahu sag 5th trine aspected by jup leo asc, provides protection and relief;
jup leo asc, commanding attitude, advisory aptitudes; protective;

sat now transit rahu-sag 5th, seeking change and stuck,
negating employment prospects;

do share feedbacks, wishing well,

kshantaram

Last edited:

Crystalpages

We often forget the simple fact that Rahu and Ketu are mathematical points (nodes) created by the movements of our immediate DUO of moon and earth as the two traverse the zodiac. What we call and imply as Sun in our natal charts is really about the path of Earth around the sun and so a projection?

So, when we are looking at Rahu and/or Ketu, we should not just focus on their position and placement as if they are individual planets, but consider the relative placements of moon and sun (earth + 180deg) from those?

If this involves MAJOR conceptual problems, please ignore this suggestion.

RishiRahul

We often forget the simple fact that Rahu and Ketu are mathematical points (nodes) created by the movements of our immediate DUO of moon and earth as the two traverse the zodiac. What we call and imply as Sun in our natal charts is really about the path of Earth around the sun and so a projection?

So, when we are looking at Rahu and/or Ketu, we should not just focus on their position and placement as if they are individual planets, but consider the relative placements of moon and sun (earth + 180deg) from those?

Rohiniranjan ji,

Could you please elaborate this....

Rishi

Hello Ranjan ji

Are you implying midpoints?

regards

PlutorisingLee

Thank you! I apologize for not replying before.

hope this helps reflections and take stock :

rahu achieves spirituality and realisation through the material path and material gains
and the fall out thereof, light at the end of the tunnel;

rahu clouds things, delays things, acts alike saturn;
rahu 5th delayed education, children, etc

rahu sag ambitious and hyper-impulsive;
technical aptitudes like space technology etc

ketu gemini good at information processing, hyper-analytical;
confused at decision making;
ketu 11th detachment from income-gains-friendships-relationships;

I find it confusing. Is it good or not to look through material/status/ego gains through spirtuality or through the sensual world- gain a spiritual meaning?
It is all correct (but for the space technology part).

rahu 5th foreign relationships;

rahu sag 5th trine aspected by jup leo asc, provides protection and relief;
jup leo asc, commanding attitude, advisory aptitudes; protective;

sat now transit rahu-sag 5th, seeking change and stuck,
negating employment prospects;

do share feedbacks, wishing well,

kshantaram

Is moving abroad thereof a good idea for education and love? I always felt so.

Wish well

RishiRahul

Hello,

Majorly, Rahu dasa brings attraction towards the material life, which, as the dasa proceeds brings the need for spiritual direction.
This depends on Rahu's position, aspect etc..

RishiRahul

Crystalpages

Hello Ranjan ji

Are you implying midpoints?

regards

No, JS!

Unlike mid-points and Ebertin system and similar ones, which mapped mid-points, and used the point between two magnets, sort of? For instance say mars and Jupiter or even SUN or MOON as magnets and focused on their mid-points, just as in magnetic moments between M1-M2 physics class when some of us learned about magnetic moments...

When dealing with the lunar nodes (Rahu and Ketu), I chose instead to focus on the two fields rather than the nearer magnets (Moon and Earth).

First obvious thing was that nodes arise when mrityu-loka bound calculate the presence of the dragon's head and his tail based on the crossings of the luminaries, Sun and Moon from our earthly abode?

In fact every significant point in our horoscopes (SIDEREAL OR TROPICAL) even today in 2018 remains geocentric? ;-)

Michael Erlewine and others introduced the Heliocentric View-point but for some reason -- they did not manage to convince many others?

Geocentric is fine, and works -- evidently...?

Nodes are not assumed mid-points, but physical Newtonian crossings where two fields cross and nodes get born?

Like NULL-POINTS in that college physics experiment where we used to place a magnet and tried to plot (using iron fillings in physics lab) the NULL-POINT where the fields of Earth and our Lab magnet crossed? The compass needle got clueless; hence called the NULL-POINT??

;-)