Mercury Retrograde Stories - Anyone?

balefully

Hi all,

Mercury is going into its shadow period and about to go retrograde soon. As I'm currently seeking new employment and though I have read almost everywhere with astrologers warning us the Mercury Retrograde "guideline" on not to start NEW job or sign a contract during this phase, I have to force myself to ignore it as I reckon a job is still very much needed at this point of time. Instead of fearing or resisting it, I'll like to understand what are the possibilities and potentiality of things going a complete 180 degrees turn if you have to do what you are told not to do.

Personally, years ago, I have signed a contract with a NEW client during mercury retrograde, we almost ended up in small claim court. Ever since that experience, I have tried my very best to avoid doing the "wrong" things during MRx, but at this point of time now, a job is what I want most, I'll have to hope for the best among the possible worst.

If anyone of you have experience in starting a NEW job with a NEW contact, signed an employment contract with a NEW company during mercury retrograde, can you share your experience with me? Does it always turn out disappointing?

I believe the folks who frequent this site has in somewhy learned about astrology and is aware of the MRx influence, what about those who have never heard of MRx but have done all the NEW activities and events, are they less affected than us because they don't know how affected it possibly could be in advance?

How can we let this work for us instead of against us especially for those who are job hunting now?

Thanks for sharing,
bale

starlink

Hi Bale, a while ago, must have been the last time Mercury went retrograde, this thread was started.
Have a look at this link, maybe something about jobs was mentioned. It is a while ago so I dont really remember.

Is This Some Mercury Retrograde Or What? (
multipage.gif
1 2)

When searching for a new job, I would say, just be very careful with the small print. Be very sure you understand what the company wants you to do, ask twice if necessary, so there won't be any misunderstandings between you. I never really freak out with Merc. retro, I have just as many computerproblems and all the rest you get at this time, then when he goes direct! If Mercury is retrograde in your chart, then this time could be extra good in fact.

Cheers, Star.

Last edited:

gesso

That huge quake in china happened on the day merc entered the shadow (may 12)
-supposedly you are to watch the event that happens to you on this day, as it will be revisited again (or the 'theme' of your retro?)

at merc's retro station it will be
-trining my pluto exact
-quincunx uranus (2 degree orb)
-oppose my neptune exact

I think it will also be squaring my mars on and off throughout the retro cycle

Last edited:

Courtney Love

What is more important, personal transits, or something like Mercury in Retrograde that happens to us all?

My mother really needs to get a new car, but I'm trying to figure out which is worse: buying a car when she's having bad transits or buying a car with Mercury in Retrograde?

al Nablusi

balefully said:
If anyone of you have experience in starting a NEW job with a NEW contact, signed an employment contract with a NEW company during mercury retrograde, can you share your experience with me? Does it always turn out disappointing?
I have started my current job with Mercury retrograde. And it has been simply wonderful, there were no problems whatsoever. How has the influence of Mercury retrograde manifested then? To put in a simple way, to do my job properly I had to use some knowledge and skills that I got ten years ago. I had to go through that stuff again and use if for my current job, but everything has been good this far.

So, if the contract you are signing involves using skills that you got previously, reviving them etc. I wouldn't worry too much about Mercury being retrograde

starlink

Hi all, up till now Mercury going backwards did not do much for me, but THIS time it is really bothering in more than one way. Delays, confusion, mistakes, all sorts and not only with me. I see it all around! Everytime I speak to someone, they come with another "listen to what happened to me " story, all to do with trafic, post, communication.
I wanted to pick up my brother from the train. He was nowhere in sight. Whilst looking, I fell and quite badly hurt my wrist. Exactly a week before that I fell also, real hard hitting my head. I could not get into the internet, telephone calls fall through, not once, but repeatedly, lights dont work all of a sudden. Oh well, just have to wait this one out. There are worse things in life.

Cheers, Starlink

astroHeart

do u think jupiter retrograde has added to it?
I do ... for me the last one didnt do anything to me
this time all sorts of communication is being scrambled and in a way that luck would not have it.. luck jupiter.. jupiter cap and merc gemini??? hmmmm:rolleyes:

astroHeart

just after writting the last piece.. :mad:
optus cut me of my mobile as it turns out they linked my daughters bill (which is overdue) to me (im on a different customer number altogether) and put both amounts together and thought theyd cut me off.. after finding out they did wrong tell me .... get this.. haha just this once we will put u back on now instead of haveing to wait a few days.. IM SAYING NO MORE:(

then centerlink didnt pay me after going through numerous appointments with them and talking to them gathering up info for them.. i was due payment today.. apparently someone punched the wrong digit in and went somewhere else:p theyve been paying me this account for years... by this time im crying laughing and doing 360 head spins... WHAT THE???

cap is my 3rd house of communication and jupiter ruler of my 2nd is that my money house? cant remember.. so jupiter in cap going backwards not in a good place to mercury going backwards my 8th house of other peoples money.. is this my lot this time around do you think hahahah :p :(
thanks for ther airing...

starlink

Hi Astroheart. I have the same chart division as you have, so also Jupiter ruling my 2nd. Strangely enough, this Jupiter retrogade thing is bringing money back to me!! Money others owe me. My ex husband is now finally paying me certain amounts back he should have done ages ago, out of the blue, (I had already given up on it), and my son, whom I lend loads of money to 2 years ago also has now started, on a regular basis, paying me back.So I personally do not think that the Mercury retro has anything to do with the Jupiter retro making things worse. I think that it is just because Mercury is in Gemini, stronger because of his own sign and in my chart conjuncts Uranus and semi-squares Saturn and natal Mercury simultaneously., also sextiling Mars. Oh well, it is soon over!

Cheers, Star.

deanna

More Mercury Rx stuff:

I left my job due to the complete confusion and lack of direction of the project which created a lot of stress and anxiety.

My cell phone broke (the menu and the number 9 did not work and everyone here in Minnesota has 952 as a prefix or 729--etc)

I am also seeing in general that phone calls are not being returned or are being lost with myself and others.

fun fun fun

-De

Last edited:

starlink

Hi Deanne, actually glad to hear you have quit that job. Was not good for you at all. You will see, something else will turn up but dont sign a contract until the retrogradation is over! Good rest and good new beginnings for you and your son.

Cheers, Star.

astroHeart

hi starlink and deanna
something similar star with me about money peolpe owe.. the tax man of all.. i had 3 checks come in all for a considerable abount of money which i happily banked:) but now the ex is not paying child support and money ive saved has to be used in liveing expenses.. im wondering if jup retro is just back luck for me i have sag16 on 2nd house ruler jup placed on the 7th H at 19 taurus
but transiting jupiter is something like 19 cap and cap is my 3rd house of communication in which mercury in my 8 H is retro to... its like who came first isnt it the egg or the chicken haha

deanna im glad u left to.. as i know exactly what you felt like, whats the good of haveing income if your in a hospital with a annarism or equivilant. but i also know what is like to be poor.. im sure youll find another job soon... the mobile going wrong for whatever reason is like a life line cut right out from under your nose hey... so scratching to get it back on, the thought if not being able to reach people or for them to reasch us.. grrr :(

deanna

starlink said:
Hi Deanne, actually glad to hear you have quit that job. Was not good for you at all. You will see, something else will turn up but dont sign a contract until the retrogradation is over! Good rest and good new beginnings for you and your son.

Cheers, Star.
Thanks Starlink,
You were so right. Per your response to my thead about my job In two weeks time the job was over.
Thanks for your words of encouragement! It had to be done.

And on another note for Mercury Retrograde they are trying to not pay me for my last week at work because I left and it got them mad because they lost their cash cow (two contacting companies dip into my paycheck before I get it)- emails and miscommunication on the subject..
I will never contract again. Its a dirty business.

-De

Last edited:

deanna

astroHeart said:
hi starlink and deanna
deanna im glad u left to.. as i know exactly what you felt like, whats the good of haveing income if your in a hospital with a annarism or equivilant. but i also know what is like to be poor.. im sure youll find another job soon... the mobile going wrong for whatever reason is like a life line cut right out from under your nose hey... so scratching to get it back on, the thought if not being able to reach people or for them to reasch us.. grrr :(

Many many thanks for the support. I got my last paycheck.
Now on with the miscommunication with unemployment. State employee gives me a number to call and then hangs up on me.
I call the number and a pre-recorded voice tells me to call back due to technical problems - ugg..

Otay

astroHeart said:
yeah merc going backwards... i just was made to sign my soul away to the government... for peanuts:(

Sounds awful, Heart. But what exactly do you mean? Maybe the merc retro means you can renegotiate later perhaps in february when this merc/sun begins to receive a trine from the amazing lineup in aquarius, especially if it fits themes you're experiencing now.

I began my current job in dec.'04 during a mercury retro and was a better repeat of what I've done for 8 years by that time.
However, we're on our third manager, the pay has fluctuated devastatingly, ruinously without warning last time it took 6 months to get back to normal (until the next bottom-out).
Hint: I need a decent job with considerate people at the top.

So, in your case it could be different. It could mean your first role is temporary and you could be given a higher position with better pay later. You could get new management. Renegotiating your salary or duties.
It could mean a 3 week training period as well.
I figure anything with a RE in front of it works, and it isn't always bad like you now anticipate. But do expect it won't remain the way you view it now.

Check your birthchart to see how this effects you now and a year from now transit-wise to current, and check your progressions too.

Good luck!

clwtrsunset

Yes! Every Mercury retrograde brings some sort of problems or things I regret later. It's eery to look back at the retrograde periods on a calendar and remember the things that have happened. I'm starting to learn from this. This particular retrograde period we're in now is helping me to hesitate on a decision I know (due to past retrograde periods) at some point in the future I will regret. I don't see anything wrong with moving forward and acting on my decision-it seems like a great choice now BUT it's Mercury retrograde and I'm only human. I'm going to wait until afterward to act. Lesson learned. :)