Random Thoughts, strictly Text

david starling

Mercury goes Retrograde on Nov. 1st, and will station Direct on Nov. 21st. In 12/12, which is a pattern based on Direct-motion, Mercury is a Benefactor in Scorpio. Good chance to see how its Retrograde-state affects that.

david starling

Stone hard and stone cold, huh.

I am starting electrical rewiring during Merc retro. It’s in my 2nd, a very retro project, unexpected expense. Now need to figure out if the latest electric-company-caused wildfires and blackouts mean adding a generator, another costly unplanned expense.

It's in my 9th. I'm hoping for some unexpected revelations.

conspiracy theorist

As a professional, he's understandably not teaching his proprietary methods. Is "self-actualisation" his own description? Sounds kind of "New Agey".:biggrin:
What still amazes me is how hooked nearly al! of the tropical, Modernistic astrologers are on the sidereal Age of Pisces concept. Even though it doesn't register on the tropical scale of measurement. It's like a religious viewpoint immune to logic.
Yes, I would like to know his exact words on the matter, thanks.

Yes, self-actualisation is his words. Would you consider Maslow to be new age?

Reading between the lines of what he said, he didn't do an in-depth look into the Age of Aquarius phenomenon, and I think his opinion is understandable if you go by the most vocal and mainstream proponents of it. What you are doing with ages is unique, and you've focused on them extensively over the years. I don't think it's religiousity but more like the inertia of an idea that is accepted as a result of the sheer volume of its repetition.

conspiracy theorist

Thanks for doing that!
What are shadbalas?

I wanted to like David Hawkins - isn’t he MD / PhD? - and got one of his books 10-15 years ago but found it ... uh ... to have a number of unexamined or carelessly-absorbed-from-the-limited-environment kind of ideas. A lot of the levels of consciousness work done by various communities has this same kind of eurocentric or “I just HAVE to be better than you” underlying energy. Weirdly competitive. One of the things I like about using nodes for spiritual evolutionary pointers is that everyone has them and one isn’t necessarily better than the other. Maybe that’s my Pisces SN talking, whatever :)

It's been enough time since this post that you've probably went out and looked them up, but I'm going to post a link just because I can.
https://www.dirah.org/shadbala.htm

I'm unfamiliar with the shadbalas, as well as the two authors so I don't have much thoughts on the matter.

That observation regarding the competitiveness of western philosophies reminds me of this video essay I encountered a while back.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZGiajG2g-Nc

conspiracy theorist

Also, conspiracy theorist, if no one else has done it well enough, perhaps an embodied esoteric physiology / astrology could be written by you, pseudonymously, side project, etc.

It's an intriguing possibility, but I'd want to take such a project seriously, which would mean going deeply into esoteric practices that focus on the body and the energetics of the body, as well as a survey of all the ideas from antiquity till now, or at least the major ones. Stuff like mesmerism, yoga, Chinese martial arts etc. It's sounds like a wonderful project. Maybe I'll engage these projects when my progressed Mercury hits Aquarius, where it will be in conjunction with progressed Uranus.

Lately my faculties have been externalised, so that I'm not doing so much reading as I am doing a lot more listening and watching. I'm going with the flow of this new focus.

Last edited:

david starling

Mars in Libra square Saturn in Cap correlates to all these fires and blackouts in California. Our street's power went out 2 hours ago, whereas houses and street lights nearby are still on. :andy:
The info from PG&E stated explicitly that our area wouldn't be affected. Somebody blundered. :annoyed: No word yet on when our electricity will be restored.
Won't be able to charge the tablet, which is getting low.

Last edited:

conspiracy theorist

@passiflora

It's an interview with Jonna Mendes, former chief of disguise at the CIA. It touches on a lot of topics, from her how she got into the agency, her time there, the relationship with her husband who was also an agent, some of the tradecraft that they used (declassified of course), her book and the write ups of other agents and so forth. Great interview, wicked sharp woman and I've noted a couple of the book titles which I'll find later.

@David

Apparently Leader of ISIS Abu Bakr was taken out, and Trump is supposed to be giving a briefing on that tomorrow morning a 9am (didn't check the time zone). Good timing with the two malefics squaring off?

david starling

@passiflora

It's an interview with Jonna Mendes, former chief of disguise at the CIA. It touches on a lot of topics, from her how she got into the agency, her time there, the relationship with her husband who was also an agent, some of the tradecraft that they used (declassified of course), her book and the write ups of other agents and so forth. Great interview, wicked sharp woman and I've noted a couple of the book titles which I'll find later.

@David

Apparently Leader of ISIS Abu Bakr was taken out, and Trump is supposed to be giving a briefing on that tomorrow morning a 9am (didn't check the time zone). Good timing with the two malefics squaring off?

Advantage, Saturn.

david starling

Mars in Libra square Saturn in Cap correlates to all these fires and blackouts in California. Our street's power went out 2 hours ago, whereas houses and street lights nearby are still on. :andy:
The info from PG&E stated explicitly that our area wouldn't be affected. Somebody blundered. :annoyed: No word yet on when our electricity will be restored.
Won't be able to charge the tablet, which is getting low.

No electricity for 43 hours. It's back on for now, but with the warning it might happen again tomorrow. :annoyed: