not content with my job designation

pixielord

Hi, please view my attached chart.
I wanted to be an Architect. I worked really hard to reach the position am at now. Nothing of what I studied in college is being used in this current job. I strongly believe I would excel as an architect. Am stuck with an Electrical Engineering degree & a job that means does not interest me. :crying: I really saw myself doing my PHD in Arch. But that's unlikely to happen now.
Any help with analyzing my chart would be much appreciated.

Attachments

• readmychart.jpg
    readmychart.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 46
Last edited:

Osamenor

Staff member
I see why you would want to be an architect, astrologically. Moon (deepest desires) in Taurus, the sign of the builder, and conjunct Mars, which rules your MC. Not only that, the Moon/Mars conjunction makes a strong trine to your Capricorn placements. If Taurus is the builder, Capricorn is the vision for the project, the master builder, the supervisor, and the completed project itself.

In general, Capricorn has a strong desire to achieve. Your pride in having worked hard to get where you are reflects that. If we take the archetypes of Taurus and Capricorn and apply them to literal building, it makes sense that you want your achievement to be in creating buildings.

But if you really wanted to be an architect, why did you study electronics instead?

And why do you want a Phd in architecture? That wouldn't qualify you to be an architect, just a professor of architecture. Phd's are useless for getting any job outside academia or research. In all other fields, having a Phd is a barrier to employment, because employers see you as over qualified. Unless you live outside the U.S., and a Phd is seen differently in your country? Or do you really want to study and teach architecture, not practice it?

pixielord

I see why you would want to be an architect, astrologically. Moon (deepest desires) in Taurus, the sign of the builder, and conjunct Mars, which rules your MC. Not only that, the Moon/Mars conjunction makes a strong trine to your Capricorn placements. If Taurus is the builder, Capricorn is the vision for the project, the master builder, the supervisor, and the completed project itself.

In general, Capricorn has a strong desire to achieve. Your pride in having worked hard to get where you are reflects that. If we take the archetypes of Taurus and Capricorn and apply them to literal building, it makes sense that you want your achievement to be in creating buildings.

But if you really wanted to be an architect, why did you study electronics instead?

And why do you want a Phd in architecture? That wouldn't qualify you to be an architect, just a professor of architecture. Phd's are useless for getting any job outside academia or research. In all other fields, having a Phd is a barrier to employment, because employers see you as over qualified. Unless you live outside the U.S., and a Phd is seen differently in your country? Or do you really want to study and teach architecture, not practice it?

Thank you for your insight. I always enjoyed designing simpler solutions for routine tasks. Am also a good artist - historical architectures, landscapes, and birds are usually what I gravitate towards.
I ended up taking engineering to please my parents' needs at that moment.
Do you see any restriction from parents on my career? They are hesitant to send me abroad for studies/work. I enjoy my current workplace, but can't see myself working in this position for the rest of my life.
And yes, I want to practice architecture. Why PhD? ..It was part of my long-term career plan.

Last edited:

Osamenor

Staff member
Thank you for your insight. I always enjoyed designing simpler solutions for routine tasks. Am also a good artist - historical architectures, landscapes, and birds are usually what I gravitate towards.
That sounds like a desire to practice architecture, not research it or teach it. You want to do the actual design work. A Phd would be useless for that. In fact, it would be a hindrance. If you had one, or if employers knew you were working on one, they'd assume you really want to be an academic, and they wouldn't want to hire you for the kind of job you really like.
Why PhD? ..It was part of my long-term career plan.
What was your longterm career plan? Did you expect to practice architecture with a Phd? Or was your intention to move into an academic field?

Do you see any restriction from parents on my career?
Your parents can't restrict your career unless you let them. There's nothing in your chart that suggests being under the thumb of your parents as an adult, let alone in your career.

However, you do have chart placements that suggest you would give in to your family too easily, if there's a conflict between what they want you to do and what you want. Moon, the primary indicator of family and parents, especially the mother, rules your chart and is conjunct Mars, the stand-up-for yourself planet, which also happens to rule your MC. Their shared placement is much stronger for Moon than for Mars: Taurus is Moon's exaltation but Mars's detriment, and on top of that, your Mars is retrograde, which can be another weakening factor. Together, they square your Jupiter.

I read that as, if Moon (your family) and you (Mars, when it comes to career matters) disagree on your education or going abroad (Jupiter) or on your career (Mars-ruled Aries), the family's position feels, to you, much stronger than yours, and you are more inclined to give in than fight. You also have trines to that Moon/Mars conjunction from the Capricorn stellium that contains most of the rest of your planets. Trines are go-with-the-flow energy, which can be a great thing if the flow you're going with serves you, but they also mean that if a situation indicated by those planets doesn't serve you, you're still more inclined to go along with it than resist.

But the fact remains that your situation is the result of you giving in. While you may have a strong inclination to do that, you do not have to. It's still a choice.

pixielord

I read that as, if Moon (your family) and you (Mars, when it comes to career matters) disagree on your education or going abroad (Jupiter) or on your career (Mars-ruled Aries), the family's position feels, to you, much stronger than yours, and you are more inclined to give in than fight. You also have trines to that Moon/Mars conjunction from the Capricorn stellium that contains most of the rest of your planets. Trines are go-with-the-flow energy, which can be a great thing if the flow you're going with serves you, but they also mean that if a situation indicated by those planets doesn't serve you, you're still more inclined to go along with it than resist.

I am, in a nutshell, under parents' shadow in terms of career. Although I am confident that i would excel as an architect, it's hard for me to make a decision without their blessings.
Teaching has never been my area of interest as a profession. I wanted to work at an architectural firm as an Architect. That was & is my only goal in career.

Last edited:

Osamenor

Staff member
Teaching has never been my area of interest as a profession. I wanted to work at an architectural firm as an Architect. That was & is my only goal in career.
Then you don't want a Phd. Having one would limit your career possibilities to teaching or research. No employer wants to hire a Phd for anything else. Maybe you want the idea of a Phd, but if your only career goal is to work as an architect, a Phd is not the way.

I am, in a nutshell, under parents' shadow in terms of career. Although I am confident that i would excel as an architect, it's hard for me to make a decision without their blessings.
You're under your parents' shadow because you've chosen to be. Or, perhaps more accurately, because you've chosen not to resist. To not be under your parents' shadow in your career, you would have to resist. And now is your chance. This is your Saturn return period. It sets the tone for the next 30 years, which means the rest of your career, really. In 30 years, you'll be getting ready to retire.

For your first Saturn cycle, you've let your parents be your authority, and found yourself in a job you don't want and don't like. Can you live with it another 30 years? Seriously?

pixielord

This is your Saturn return period. It sets the tone for the next 30 years, which means the rest of your career, really. In 30 years, you'll be getting ready to retire.

Just an update on work - I got reassigned into a bigger project in November.
I would really appreciate it if you could look into my chart once again for any possibilites of love/marriage in 2020. Or a description of spouse (his profession/family/general appearance). I take relationships very seriously, so am praying for one to enter my life soon.
Thank you for your advice above.

Last edited:

Osamenor

Staff member
I would really appreciate it if you could look into my chart once again for any possibilites of love/marriage in 2020. Or a description of spouse (his profession/family/general appearance). I take relationships very seriously, so am praying for one to enter my life soon.

I don't do that kind of astrology.