Is my sun and my Mars weak or debilitated?

esentially not but house placements are less effective for the sun and mars
i would just call it disadvantaged. and works different. and debilitated
but not weak at all.

clip11

esentially not but house placements are less effective for the sun and mars
i would just call it disadvantaged. and works different. and debilitated
but not weak at all.
Well is it anything I can do to get them to work properly? Or are they just stuck like that for life?

Kylie

Your Mars is on the Descendent, so it is angular. It is strong considering its position, on an angle of the chart, that will reflect on your personality and be influential.

The Sun being in the 4th house isn't bad either, it is also an angular house. Your Sun is also part of a stellium, so all those planetaries energies work together. Sun in Capricorn is definitely not "weak", nor in "detriment".

You also have some aspects that indicate personal power like: Jupiter trine Pluto, Sun sextile Pluto.

I recommend you try to see beyond stereotypes that say you need to have Mars in Aries and Sun in Leo to be "strong" or "masculine". There are many ways to have power.

clip11

Your Mars is on the Descendent, so it is angular. It is strong considering its position, on an angle of the chart, that will reflect on your personality and be influential.

The Sun being in the 4th house isn't bad either, it is also an angular house. Your Sun is also part of a stellium, so all those planetaries energies work together. Sun in Capricorn is definitely not "weak", nor in "detriment".

You also have some aspects that indicate personal power like: Jupiter trine Pluto, Sun sextile Pluto.

I recommend you try to see beyond stereotypes that say you need to have Mars in Aries and Sun in Leo to be "strong" or "masculine". There are many ways to have power.

I read that sun in the 4th, especially in Capricorn, causes success in life to be hindered and I can testify to this, because everything that would mean anything to me, circumstances have always conspired to ensure that I fail, no matter what I do. I've always gotten the negative effects of Mars in the 7th, never the positive effects

Zora

Account Closed

Your mars rules your 8th house and has intense mars/pluto correspondence energy - a very strong and persisting energy to look for a partner and long term relationships. But in truth not always able to stay somebody for long in your near - mars squaring uranus in 4th house - scared that the other could see you as "not good enough" - uranus rules 6th house.

Your main issue is more your mother influence - which is always very strong for all virgo-ASCs - with jupiter ruling 4th house - mother and mother experience in childhood and mother as first female model role - a man looks for in a partner in later life. Jupiter squares chiron in 9th house.

Sun ruling 12th house in 4th house shows a certain influence taken over from mother - subconsciously co-experienced in her pregnancy with you before your own birth. A hard time your mother probably had with your father - jupiter squares saturn as 5th house ruler - for me also house of father. And father as first male model role for a man how to act in life. Saturn opposing your chiron in 9th house. Was your father a man from another culture or a foreign land than your mother was ?

Saturn as 5th house ruler trines northnode in aries in 8th house - a male ancestor line of pioneers "conquering new territory", leadership taker and fighters /"warriors"- also figuratively.

And mercury as your asc ruler and personal enforcement ruler and midheaven ruler - sitting on sensitive critical degree of 0° cap - like sitting between two chairs -not knowing where to take place, between two worlds and like sitting between both parents as a mediator in own childhood.

Last edited:

waybread

The sun is supposedly debilitated in Aquarius, not in Capricorn. The sun is exalted in Aries and falls in Libra.

Mars is debilitated in Taurus and Libra. Mars is exalted in Capricorn and falls in Cancer.

You're fine.

Mars square moon-Uranus may make you emotionally volatile. You may be quick to anger, and liable to see people as enemies when they really are not. Controlling your temper seems like the main issue with your Mars placement.

clip11

The sun is supposedly debilitated in Aquarius, not in Capricorn. The sun is exalted in Aries and falls in Libra.

Mars is debilitated in Taurus and Libra. Mars is exalted in Capricorn and falls in Cancer.

You're fine.

Mars square moon-Uranus may make you emotionally volatile. You may be quick to anger, and liable to see people as enemies when they really are not. Controlling your temper seems like the main issue with your Mars placement.

The part that confuses me is that if there's nothing wrong with them, why won't they work properly?

Harmelia

The part that confuses me is that if there's nothing wrong with them, why won't they work properly?

Are you asking about your Sun and Mars because you are not as productive as you'd like to be? Capricorn is generally very productive and Mars is the "Doing" planet. The interesting thing is Neptune is conjunct your Sun and Mars is in Pisces. Perhaps you are more inward-oriented with the Neptune-Pisces influence.

The Mars/Jupiter in Pisces might make you feel less outward motivated, but I'd think your creativity and empathic qualities and perhaps vision - might be enhanced. Mars on the 7th cusp is relationally-oriented - and assertive - but it will be in a Piscean way. You may find it easy to play different roles with people - to put yourself in their shoes - or to see their potential when even they don't see it.

You have Moon, Uranus and Saturn gathered around your Sag IC - which tells me you're probably a bit restless on the inside. You are someone who needs to do his own thing - walk to the beat of your own drum - you might have many homes in very different places. It's also possible that you judge yourself and criticize yourself too much - with all those Sag planets and Virgo ASC. You could feel responsible for others and guilty for causing them any pain. This could be a more detrimental energy than your Sun and Mars placements. A Virgo rising can be very self-critical and also critical of others. If you are dealing with guilt - that drags a person down - and can deplete one of motivation.

Neptune conjunct Sun is a lot like Sun in Pisces - so again, I'd think you could be very creative and work hard too - unless you tend to escape. Neptune can do that. Mars in Pisces can do that. If you are escaping, you need to have a creative outlet you can throw yourself into instead.

You need to develop good boundaries with people - if you come from a family with poor boundaries - or enmeshment, as I think you do - you need to cultivate your North Node in Aries - your independence, your separate self. You want to develop your own ideas, your own goals, your own passions, and release all the "shoulds" and judgements you've learned from family and culture. I know it's easier said than done, but this is your challenge.

Last edited:

waybread

What makes you think they don't work properly?

Basically you have some big old squares in your chart. These can cause a lot of tension until you learn to look for empowering ways to use them.

clip11

Are you asking about your Sun and Mars because you are not as productive as you'd like to be? Capricorn is generally very productive and Mars is the "Doing" planet. The interesting thing is Neptune is conjunct your Sun and Mars is in Pisces. Perhaps you are more inward-oriented with the Neptune-Pisces influence.

The Mars/Jupiter in Pisces might make you feel less outward motivated, but I'd think your creativity and empathic qualities and perhaps vision - might be enhanced. Mars on the 7th cusp is relationally-oriented - and assertive - but it will be in a Piscean way. You may find it easy to play different roles with people - to put yourself in their shoes - or to see their potential when even they don't see it.

You have Moon, Uranus and Saturn gathered around your Sag IC - which tells me you're probably a bit restless on the inside. You are someone who needs to do his own thing - walk to the beat of your own drum - you might have many homes in very different places. It's also possible that you judge yourself and criticize yourself too much - with all those Sag planets and Virgo ASC. You could feel responsible for others and guilty for causing them any pain. This could be a more detrimental energy than your Sun and Mars placements. A Virgo rising can be very self-critical and also critical of others. If you are dealing with guilt - that drags a person down - and can deplete one of motivation.

Neptune conjunct Sun is a lot like Sun in Pisces - so again, I'd think you could be very creative and work hard too - unless you tend to escape. Neptune can do that. Mars in Pisces can do that. If you are escaping, you need to have a creative outlet you can throw yourself into instead.

You need to develop good boundaries with people - if you come from a family with poor boundaries - or enmeshment, as I think you do - you need to cultivate your North Node in Aries - your independence, your separate self. You want to develop your own ideas, your own goals, your own passions, and release all the "shoulds" and judgements you've learned from family and culture. I know it's easier said than done, but this is your challenge.

Are you asking about your Sun and Mars because you are not as productive as you'd like to be?

Pretty much. It seems like in my life, I fail at everything in my life where it would personally mean something to me to be successful at. And because of that, it has messed with my confidence and self esteem. It seems that no matter how hard I try and how pure my intentions are, failure is always at the end of the road, at least if it's something significant to me. It's as if circumstances conspire to ensure I fail.

Even before I was born, my mom had gestational diabetes when she was pregnant with me and because of that, I had to be induced and I had a very difficult birth in which I have very good evidence is responsible for my having attention deficit disorder and scoliosis.

That's what I mean by circumstances conspiring against me. I often think, had my mom not had gestational diabetes when she was pregnant with me and just had a normal pregnancy, I wouldn't have ADD and scoliosis. And had I not had those two issues, my life would have went in a whole different direction, for the better.

For example, because of my scoliosis, I was rejected from an Air Force career. That was something I was really looking forward to accomplishing, but because of circumstances over which I had no control, I am still struggling with trying to get a good career. And there have been many more such things. But it seems to be the pattern of my life every since birth and I know there has to be an astrological reason and I hope there's a way to cure it

I've read that people with the majority of planets in the north or west side of the chart have more limited free will than people who have the majority of planets on the east and south side of the chart. Based on my life, I believe it. Due to my ADD and/or scoliosis, I have never been able to exercise true free will no matter my intentions, I was always limited by those things.

For example, it was my intention to do well in school. But due to me having undiagnosed and untreated ADD, I did bad. If I had free will, I would have been able to do what I intended. I didn't intend to fail in school, but that's just the way the dice rolled for me.

Last edited:

clip11

What makes you think they don't work properly?

Basically you have some big old squares in your chart. These can cause a lot of tension until you learn to look for empowering ways to use them.
I guess I meant that they don't give good results. I don't know if it's caused by the planet itself or it's placement. I have read that sun in the 4th and mars in the 7th aren't good placements for those as opposed to having say sun in the 5th or mars in the 1st.

waybread

Clip, these are fine placements. Both houses are angular, so planets in these houses get a little extra strength.

I think you'll get on better in life once you stop feeling sorry for yourself. Scoliosis is an issue, certainly, but many people with scoliosis-- or worse-- manage to live OK lives.

Take a look at those big squares in your chart and look for more empowering ways to express them.

clip11

Clip, these are fine placements. Both houses are angular, so planets in these houses get a little extra strength.

I think you'll get on better in life once you stop feeling sorry for yourself. Scoliosis is an issue, certainly, but many people with scoliosis-- or worse-- manage to live OK lives.

Take a look at those big squares in your chart and look for more empowering ways to express them.

The problem with working with the squares is I don't know how. I don't even know what they are supposed to mean so I can work with them. For example, how do I work with Saturn and Uranus square Mars? Or Chiron square Mars? It's very confusing

waybread

Squares indicate some kind of stress or challenge. They may feel uncomfortable, but they are also what get us off the couch to Do Something! People will often develop the parts of their lives symbolized by the squared planets to a high degree. Trines represent an easy flow but they don't push us to achieve the way squares do.

Mars symbolizes our innate aggression and assertiveness. It rules soldiers and athletes. Generally I think engaging in a sport or athletic activity is one of the most productive uses of Mars. It helps us blow off steam will getting fit: unlike simply feeling aggravated.

Uranus rules sudden change-- sometimes unwanted, but sometimes truly liberating. It also rules things that are futuristic, electronics and aviation.

So, what if you got involved in a sport that required a partner (like a racquet sport) because Mars is in your 7th house? Or perhaps you could do regular work-outs on a machine with an electronic component, like a stationary bike, rowing machine or stair-master?

Your moon and Uranus are in the 4th house of home: so possibly buying or renting some work-out equipment to use at home would be an option.

I'm not such a fan of video games, but maybe you are. A lot of them would combine martial aggression with electronics.

If we add Saturn to the mix, he teaches self-discipline and endurance. Something everyone needs in an athletic activity.

There are many more combinations possible than just these, but hopefully you get the idea. Look for key words for each of the planets, and think about combining some of them.

If scoliosis limits your physical activity, a physical therapist would be a good person to consult re: the right exercise program for you.

Last edited: