Will Calif. get hit with an "Ark-storm" in 2013/14 ?

AstroLogical

Hi all.

This is my first posting of a thread so IF I overlook some protocol, please let me know.

Horary is not my strong suit so I thought I'd toss this one out to any and all and see what the response is. The subject is one that concerns many, not just myself so I hope the question will appeal to more of you because getting a "good read" on this could be useful to a lot of people.

I posed the question, "Will California get hit with an Ark-storm in the winter season of 2013/2014?"

This question has been buzzing in my mind for quite a while, especially with these mega storms hitting all around the world. If you are unfamiliar with an "Ark-storm," google it or check out this link (one of many).

http://pubs.usgs.gov/of/2010/1312/

There is some good info on it based on weather science and some historical record. It is both fascinating and frightening at the same time.

I do have a question regarding the process of formulating such a question. If I've been thinking about the subject for some time and considering asking the question as a Horary matter. At what point is the question "born" in order to cast a chart for it? Would thinking about casting a chart for the question—before actually fixing a time—be like post conception yet pre birth, if we were dealing with natal astrology? In other words, having the thought cogitating in my mind would be like a fetus developing... right?

See, often times questions spawn more questions...

So, this evening I decided to give birth to the question and just say NOW and fix it's "birth time" into a chart. Knowing you all have your own astrology software I'll just provide the stats and let you run with it. And for those of you who "specialize" in Horary Astrology, please educate me if I have not followed the steps correctly.

"Will California get hit with an Ark-storm in the winter season of 2013/2014?"
Nov. 9, 2013
7:57:56 PST
Valley Springs, California USA

Thanks! A*L

tsmall

Premium Member
Hi all.

This is my first posting of a thread so IF I overlook some protocol, please let me know.

Horary is not my strong suit so I thought I'd toss this one out to any and all and see what the response is. The subject is one that concerns many, not just myself so I hope the question will appeal to more of you because getting a "good read" on this could be useful to a lot of people.

IMHO, and others may disagree, what is quoted here is what will make your chart invalid. For example, I had what I considered a personal stake in the last two presidential elections, but other than as a voter...not so much. A mundane chart of ingress, and studying weather charts (not my strong suit, lol) would better suit here. Because, as you say, it does not pertain to just you.

I posed the question, "Will California get hit with an Ark-storm in the winter season of 2013/2014?"

This question has been buzzing in my mind for quite a while, especially with these mega storms hitting all around the world. If you are unfamiliar with an "Ark-storm," google it or check out this link (one of many).

http://pubs.usgs.gov/of/2010/1312/

There is some good info on it based on weather science and some historical record. It is both fascinating and frightening at the same time.

The better question, to make it more personal (and perhaps the underlying question??) would be, "will I or my family be hit by such a storm?"

I do have a question regarding the process of formulating such a question. If I've been thinking about the subject for some time and considering asking the question as a Horary matter. At what point is the question "born" in order to cast a chart for it? Would thinking about casting a chart for the question—before actually fixing a time—be like post conception yet pre birth, if we were dealing with natal astrology? In other words, having the thought cogitating in my mind would be like a fetus developing... right?

The chart is born (in order to deflect any controversy or argument, this is in my considered opinion) when someone who has the ability to query the Universe actually does so by noting the question, and the time, and actually has the ability to cast the chart. These days, anyone with access to charting software can cast a chart, giving more people the ability to directly query the Universe. Again in my opinion only, members who wish to use the time of the question to help you (because you are the astrologer taking responsibility for the chart) answer it need to be able to read the subtext, if any. Are you concerned for yourself, or just wondering? I still think that mundane would answer the question better.

AstroLogical

Again in my opinion only, members who wish to use the time of the question to help you (because you are the astrologer taking responsibility for the chart) answer it need to be able to read the subtext, if any. Are you concerned for yourself, or just wondering? I still think that mundane would answer the question better.

Looks like this question of mine was a looser or perhaps the rest of the world is just waiting for Calif. to get blown away :wink: At any rate, I get most of what you stated but could you take another go at the quote above. I'm not quite getting what you mean and how would you approach this question using mundane astrology instead. Would you in anyway use the chart founded with the question I posed? And yes I am concerned for myself along with family and anyone who could better prepare for such an event.

Thank you so much for venturing in and contributing as you did. I appreciate it.
A*L

Culpeper

Premium Member
We are not on this forum looking for questions, but to advise other students of astrology. Horary is not just a question in your mind that you will get to sometime; you have to actually do something at the time you give, which means actually casting the chart at least. We need the chart put up on the thread so others can see what we mean when we read it. Also is that am or pm time? A horary question about the weather cannot be just a matter of idle curiosity; you must feel personally threatened by it. Otherwise astrometerorology is used for these predictions.

Last edited:

tsmall

Premium Member
We are not on this forum looking for questions, but to advise other students of astrology. Horary is not just a question in your mind that you will get to sometime; you have to actually do something at the time you give, which means actually casting the chart at least. We need the chart put up on the thread so others can see what we mean when we read it. Also is that am or pm time? A horary question about the weather cannot be just a matter of idle curiosity; you must feel personally threatened by it. Otherwise astrometerorology is use for these predictions.

Aha, then there is a name for predicting the weather. :)

Looks like this question of mine was a looser or perhaps the rest of the world is just waiting for Calif. to get blown away At any rate, I get most of what you stated but could you take another go at the quote above. I'm not quite getting what you mean and how would you approach this question using mundane astrology instead. Would you in anyway use the chart founded with the question I posed? And yes I am concerned for myself along with family and anyone who could better prepare for such an event.

Thank you so much for venturing in and contributing as you did. I appreciate it.
A*L

I'm not a mundane astrology student, but based on what you have posted...what you are inquiring of horary could pertain to just about everyone in California. Had you asked the question "Will my home be destroyed?" then such a question has personal relevance. You didn't. Which brings your question to the level of "will the Bears win the Superbowl?" As in, you are not asking out of a personal interest...and that takes it from the realm of horary to the realm of "what will happen to the State of CA."

There are those who will read such horary charts (as well as charts pertaining to fictional characters,) and then wonder why their readings were inaccurate.

dr. farr

Zain's books on astro-weather prediction and mundane astrology are probably the best such books available in the English language: both are available for several internet vendors (such as astroamerica.com)