Random Thoughts, strictly Text

aquarius7000

I am under the impression due to seeking advice recently about my tarot thread, that if the rules of the thread are clearly stated in the first post, the moderator is happy to help enforce it.

I also didn’t force anyone.
As a mod in the past, I only went by the topic of the thread and if it derailed significantly, then I would move the digressing posts.

I have yet to come across that type of moderation where you are told how you should contribute or express yourself . Lol and then we boast about freedom of speech in today’s world

I also find that some leeway, room for creativity or ‘being human’ should be given. I find it ridiculous when the expectation is that an astrology thread is going to be just about astrology in every post. We are not robots. We are humans discussing astrology that do digress into some general talk at times or even memes

Now there, I perfectly demonstrated how a bit of digression can happen.

david starling

As a mod in the past, I only went by the topic of the thread and if it derailed significantly, then I would move the digressing posts.

I have yet to come across that type of moderation where you are told how you should contribute or express yourself . Lol and then we boast about freedom of speech in today’s world

I also find that some leeway, room for creativity or ‘being human’ should be given. I find it ridiculous when the expectation is that an astrology thread is going to be just about astrology in every post. We are not robots. We are humans discussing astrology that do digress into some general talk at times or even memes

Now there, I perfectly demonstrated how a bit of digression can happen.

Do you think it's wrong for the OP to be able to limit a thread's posts to text?

Btw, J.A. retaliated by limiting a thread to memes-ONLY! :smile:

aquarius7000

Do you think it's wrong for the OP to be able to limit a thread's posts to text?

Btw, J.A. retaliated by limiting a thread to memes-ONLY! :smile:
I am not supporting or un-supporting people, but the fact that people try to instruct how others have to contribute. I find that wrong. As explained in a couple of posts already, this is a public forum and so just because you start a thread, you do not 'own' it. That means that whilst you can request for text only or memes only, you cannot admonish others or condemn them for contributing in a different manner.

There is enough (somewhat unnecessary) regimentation on this forum already, which includes deletion or moving of posts because per the ppl in power, these posts are found to be off topic. Forum members, excellent at Astrology, have left this forum solely because of such over-regimentation. E.g. Julia Karmic Astrology.

Trying to impose (even more) 'rules' makes a thread lose its appeal because now i have to function/contribute the way you want me to. And why? It reduces the chance of a good discourse. If one can read a text, one can also glean the msg. from a meme. If you don't like memes or find somebody is overdoing it, move on. The thread What are you learning from Covid is full of memes, but not a single one from, but I just skip the many repeats of memes with the same msg. or respond to that msg.

Ukpoohbear

Some of the memes that have been posted on previous threads were so large in size that it obstructed the flow to such an extent to make the threads unreadable.

david starling

I am not supporting or un-supporting people, but the fact that people try to instruct how others have to contribute. I find that wrong. As explained in a couple of posts already, this is a public forum and so just because you start a thread, you do not 'own' it. That means that whilst you can request for text only or memes only, you cannot admonish others or condemn them for contributing in a different manner.

There is enough (somewhat unnecessary) regimentation on this forum already, which includes deletion or moving of posts because per the ppl in power, these posts are found to be off topic. Forum members, excellent at Astrology, have left this forum solely because of such over-regimentation. E.g. Julia Karmic Astrology.

Trying to impose (even more) 'rules' makes a thread lose its appeal because now i have to function/contribute the way you want me to. And why? It reduces the chance of a good discourse. If one can read a text, one can also glean the msg. from a meme. If you don't like memes or find somebody is overdoing it, move on. The thread What are you learning from Covid is full of memes, but not a single one from, but I just skip the many repeats of memes with the same msg. or respond to that msg.

There are contributions; and, there are deliberate distractions, some repeated identically over and over, that make no contributions.

I liked Julia, and was sorry when she left.

Last edited:

aquarius7000

There are contributions; and, there are deliberate distractions, some repeated identically over and over, that make no contributions.

I liked Julia, and was sorry when she left.
Special demands and no distractions can be had on private forums. This is a public forum - teaches one tolerance and the art to ignore those that one feels 'deliberately distracted by'. I do it every time I visit my What are you learning from Covid thread :)

david starling

Special demands and no distractions can be had on private forums. This is a public forum - teaches one tolerance and the art to ignore those that one feels 'deliberately distracted by'. I do it every time I visit my What are you learning from Covid thread :)

On this thread, no one's being restricted from sharing their own thoughts, quoting those of others, or sharing links to charts, graphs, pictures, articles, cartoons, and photo-shopped caricatures.

aquarius7000

On this thread, no one's being restricted from sharing their own thoughts, quoting those of others, or sharing links to charts, graphs, pictures, articles, cartoons, and photo-shopped caricatures.

No one should be restricted from sharing in any manner they want to, as long as following the forum rules. Nothing else applies and no one has the right to restrict anyone and tell them how they are to post. If you find somebody's contribution "gibberish", you have the choice to ignore it and move on. You canNOT tell others - what is or isn't allowed and that they cannot post pics or memes. This is not your private thread. Full stop. If you want to continue trying to justify feel free. I have nothing more to add.

Your opening posts is an instruction through the choice of words. Sorry David, I am not going to agree here, simply because it is not right and you do not own this thread on a public forum.
No pictures or graphics allowed. Feel free to express your thoughts in words, without images or pictures. If you have pictures, graphs, charts, music, or even memes you'd like to share, post a link. Keep the text size to size 2, and use caps or italics if you need to emphasize. No text art, or gibberish text art.

Last edited:

david starling

No one should be restricted from sharing in any manner they want to, as long as following the forum rules. Nothing else applies and no one has the right to restrict anyone and tell them how they are to post. If you find somebody's contribution "gibberish", you have the choice to ignore it and move on. You canNOT tell others - what is or isn't allowed and that they cannot post pics or memes. This is not your private thread. Full stop. If you want to continue trying to justify feel free. I have nothing more to add.

Your opening posts is an instruction through the choice of words. Sorry David, I am not going to agree here, simply because it is not right and you do not own this thread on a public forum.

Any forbidden words? Any restrictions on trolling?

In the Trad forum, no advocating for including the Outermosts?
In the Mod forum, no denigrating including the Outermosts?

All Capital letters is considered shouting, and shouting a random thought is unnecessary in a random discussion.

If all Capital letters is like shouting, then:

Screamemeing is like....overdoing things.

Cold Fusion

I like the idea of one thread where people can come in and talk without having to weed through dozens of Jup memes monopolizing the thread.

Opal

Premium Member
I like memes. I like words. There is room for a meme free. There is room for memes only. And everything in between.

UK, cute soul mate! Close proximity. Have fun sister!

Ukpoohbear

Thanks Opal. I saw him at the shop and thought he was really cute and had not seen him around before. Then a couple of weeks later right outside the livingroom window I saw him get out of a car then a couple of weeks after that I saw him by his car again, I assumed he was visiting somebody nearby. But this time I wrote on a post it note my number and ‘call me ;)’ and walked casually by and placed it under his window wiper.

Next day he messages my number and asks who I am and I pretend he was parked in my space and he said he won’t park there again and what car do I drive and I say well I don’t drive and he said why did you message me then and I said just making conversation lol. Ahwuay, turns out he moved a couple of doors down about 3 months ago and we have some mutual friends. He continued to message me and add me on fb but I’m waiting until I get my hair done to reply again (lockdown hair).

david starling

Thanks Opal. I saw him at the shop and thought he was really cute and had not seen him around before. Then a couple of weeks later right outside the livingroom window I saw him get out of a car then a couple of weeks after that I saw him by his car again, I assumed he was visiting somebody nearby. But this time I wrote on a post it note my number and ‘call me ;)’ and walked casually by and placed it under his window wiper.

Next day he messages my number and asks who I am and I pretend he was parked in my space and he said he won’t park there again and what car do I drive and I say well I don’t drive and he said why did you message me then and I said just making conversation lol. Ahwuay, turns out he moved a couple of doors down about 3 months ago and we have some mutual friends. He continued to message me and add me on fb but I’m waiting until I get my hair done to reply again (lockdown hair).

If he's into you, he's probably working out (lockdown physique).