Will we win our lawsuit?

tsmall

Premium Member
Could add to the opponents detrimented situation (Mars detriment), might indicate their hurting their own case by extreme claims, even extreme or very hostile, actions.

I could not agree more.

Well, you two have just given credence to our early fears when this all started and we found their employees driving the same road our daughters have to walk to get home from school at the same time they actually do so. For a couple of trusting souls who usually leave the doors unlocked (hey, it's NH and we have a German Shepherd) and sometimes even the keys in the car...maybe it's a good idea that the bullets are in the gun (which also makes me sick to my stomach) instead of in a separate room and we are vigilant about locking the doors?

For anyone unfamiliar...google ALF. Skip the cute fuzzy alien.

(Animal Liberation Front, to make it easier.)

Last edited:

tsmall

Premium Member
Update after today's hearing. The hearing was scheduled for 10 am which still would have had the ASC in Leo, and based on that I was hoping for at least a 15 minute delay to get the ASC into Virgo. The hearing actually started at 10:28 am. (And I'm glad we weren't the guy who went before us.)

Our motion for contempt was deferred because it wraps into the broader counter suit, our motion to dismiss was denied and the judge said it should have been a motion for summary judgement instead. The best part though is that our motion to add third party impleaders, that is to sue certain members of the board and employees individually as well as sue the corporation was granted. Our motion to continue the trial to allow time for discovery was granted. Their attorney objected to the motion to continue because the really want the ownership issue decided and asked if the suit could be bifurcated (bifurcated? Wow, I thought only astrologers used that word) and the judge told him no way, no how. On the motion to sue parties individually their attorney again objected, because it would mean each would have to get his own lawyer. The judge pretty much told him tough cookies again.

We are court ordered for intensive judicial mediation, and in case no agreement can be reached that way the trial is set for September 12th.

BobZemco

We are court ordered for intensive judicial mediation, and in case no agreement can be reached that way the trial is set for September 12th.

No kidding, that's why we count Signs. I pointed out that Scorpio Moon rule the 10th Sign, and it's not just a subtle difference in the delineation, as you can see.

I know we think in terms of Houses, but the reason the 7th House represents others, is not because it is the 7th House, but rather due to the fact that the 7th Sign is opposite the 1st Sign. When looking at death in a chart, it's especially critical to look at the 8th Sign, and not the 8th House. Bonatti even says to look at the eighth Sign from the 8th Sign, and not the eighth House from the 8th House/Sign. The 9th Sign is travel, etc.

The 11th Sign in this chart -- Leo/Sun -- signifies the mediator/arbitrator.

dr. farr

(Following is not in accordance with standard horary practice and uses whole sign house format)

-querents = 1st house = Libra = Venus
-opponents in the lawsuit = 7th house = Aries = Mars
-querents' Lot of Successful Outcome (ascendant+jupiter-sun) falls @ 15 Scorpio
-opponents' Lot of Successful Outcome (7th "cusp"+jupiter-sun) falls @ 15 Taurus
-law court = 9th house = Gemini = MERCURY
-legal decision (judgement, actions by judge) = 10th house = Cancer = MOON
-mediator (as pointed out by Mr. Zemco) = 11th house = Leo = Sun

Generals:
-Sun (mediator) flows away from opponents significator Mars and away from opponents Lot of Successful Outcome (LOSO)= - for opponents
-Sun is sign conjunct querent's significator Venus, and flows toward querents Lot of Successful Outcome (LOSO) = + for querents
-Mercury flows away from opponents significator Mars and away from opponents LOSO = - for opponents
-Mercury applies to conjunction with querents significator Venus (is in partile applying conjunction with Venus) and also flows toward querents LOSO = + for querents
-the Moon, flows away from and is in applying opposition to the opponents significator Mars and is in partile opposition to the opponents LOSO = - for opponents
-the Moon is posited in querents 2nd house (money, etc), is applying to conjunction with the Lucky Strike North Node IN THE QUERENTS 2ND HOUSE, and the Moon is in applying partile conjunction with the querents LOSO = + for querents

Specifics:
-querents significator Venus is in 9th house (law court house), and is not detrimented by sign; it is dignified by elemental decan (its in the Libra decan), and neutral by duodenary (Sagittarius duodenary): net (moderately) + circumstances for querents significator Venus
-opponents significator Mars is in 8th house (- circumstance by house placement), in a pitted degree (-), conjunct Algol (-), detrimented by sign (Taurus) but dignified by elemental decan (Capricorn where Mars is exalted), neutral by duodenary (Aquarius duodenary), so 4 - and 1 +, net negative circumstances for opponents significator Mars
-law court significator Mercury is dignified by sign, is in the house affinitive to law courts (9th house), is in the Libra elemental decan of Gemini (same sign as querents signifying sign), but is in its detriment in the duodenary of Sagittarius; further, Mercury is in a pitted degree: these are mixed indications vis a vis the law court, with the significator Mercury being in a pit, likely the court will be slow in making a final decision (IF one is needed to be made, by the failure of a mediated settlement)
-judge's action (decision) significator, the Moon is in its Fall in Scorpio, and is further detrimented by being in the elemental decan of Capricorn (neutral in the Aries duodenary of Scorpio); the Moon's situation is helped by being conjunct the Lucky Strike North Node, but this is mitigated by the fact that the NN itself is in a pitted degree (blocked)
Overall the Moon is detrimented here: means (to me) that the judgement might be equivocal, if in fact it goes to a final decision by a judge; it (the judgement, or enforcement of such a judgement) also might be slow (relative to financial return to the querents) since retrograde Saturn is also in this 2nd house of the querents (however, fortunately Saturn itself is in an ELEVATED degree, which is a favorable indication being in the same house as the judges action significator Moon and of the querents LOSO)

The totality of indications suggests to me:
-that the answer to this specific question (will we win our lawsuit) is yes
-the querents are in a significantly more favorable astrological situation than the opponents
-that the querents should push for resolution (if possible) of the matter via the mediator, since they are very strong (astrologically) in regard to mediation
-that if the matter cannot be resolved by mediation, the querents will still win their lawsuit but that there will be delays, that the matter might very well drag on and on before judgement, and that the final judgement, though favorable (or mostly favorable) to the querents, might take substantial time in order to be enforced.

tsmall

Premium Member
No kidding, that's why we count Signs. I pointed out that Scorpio Moon rule the 10th Sign, and it's not just a subtle difference in the delineation, as you can see.

I know we think in terms of Houses, but the reason the 7th House represents others, is not because it is the 7th House, but rather due to the fact that the 7th Sign is opposite the 1st Sign. When looking at death in a chart, it's especially critical to look at the 8th Sign, and not the 8th House. Bonatti even says to look at the eighth Sign from the 8th Sign, and not the eighth House from the 8th House/Sign. The 9th Sign is travel, etc.

It is a huge difference. And one that I pointed out to the same friend who first read this chart. Cancer is intercepted, and the MC is at 0*Leo. I am not even going to pretend that I know anything about anything, but your comment gives me hope that I'm at least learning something about astrology. It really comes down to what the Moon signifies in this chart. And us newbies can spin on our tails for days trying to figure out which planet is what in the chart, especially in horary. Even in natal, when it comes to that. In this case, we are told 18 ways to Sunday that the Moon is the co-sig of the querent, that it represents the overall situation, and that the aspects the Moon makes are important in trying to understand what will happen next.

But what if the Moon signifies something else? How do you tell?

When I asked this question of my friend, the big problem became..."I wish I knew what the Moon signifies in this chart." My idiotic response was, well, the Moon rules the 10th sign. You know this chart is easier to read in WSH? I thought I had to be doing something wrong.

Lilly was married to Regio houses. Probably because that was all he knew of houses and astrology. Have you (the generic you and not the BobZ or dr. farr you, because it wouldn't surprise me. :eek:) ever tried to construct a table of houses? I haven't, because spatial geometry makes me dizzy. I have a diagram on my cork board to remind me about dexter and sinister...and yes, I relate it to the Cupid Shuffle... The broader question, regardless of the context of this chart becomes this...other than determining angularity, or a planet's energy (cadent, succeedent or angular) what do the house cusps tell us in horary?

These are probably stoopid newb ideas, and I'm perfectly fine with that. If we count signs, we get MC in the 11th of this chart. Sun isn't really relating to anybody, which is sort of the idea of intensive judicial mediation, as opposed to the normal mediation. There are approximately 12 retired judges in our state who do this, and the reason is that they know their shtuff when it comes to the laws. I can't but help think this is in our favor (based on the original evaluation re sect and Stan and Bran...we may be bumbling around, but we are not in the wrong here)

We already know that if Moon is the court system, and then by default the judge, he is detrimented and sort of willing to believe that where there is smoke there is fire. (Moon is in Scorpio, Mars is in Taurus...reception is important?) He hasn't heard or seen any of the supporting evidence we have, and has at least been fair as far as he personally can be when he is looking at this as a matter of allegations of abuse...he even stated yesterday that his greatest concern is for the safety of the animals. I cannot but applaud him for that, since it was ours as well, however some of his other comments left me wondering if even though he attempts to be impartial, he wouldn't be more inclined toward the other side without the ability to have the whole story in front of him....the story that will only come out once it is made clear that what we are dealing with here is a play for sympathy in order for one party (our opponents) to acquire the assets of another party (us) by means of deception.

Two days after this happened, and our world fell apart, we were ready to cave. But...friends we knew, and more importantly friends we didn't know we had started showing up. Someone donated a vehicle so my husband could get from place to place, and promised to keep it maintained, registered and inspected, yet turned over the title to us in case we were worried that it too would be taken away...another long term friend in the industry allowed my husband to work with his animals and his permits to be able to deliver shows he was contracted for...contracts that cancelled with our opponents and went with him based on history alone. The biggest contract held by our adversaries, through the old company and worth 1/2 their yearly revenue cancelled with them and called us specifically to let us know that their lawyers had reviewed everything and found that our trademark was the key to them cancelling, and that it was safe.

Today, we discovered that finally we will be able to move forward with our permits from our state's Fish and Game dept., which means the animals we have procured through donations and investments will after several weeks in stasis be able to come to our facility.

After having the rug pulled out from us..we are in a position to have the upper hand. I'm inclined to push for settlement, and it appears the chart supports this. The question is...do we, the out of sect planets who are doing what is contrary to our nature, push harder? Or, do we do what we have always done when we have been taken advantage of and let sleeping dogs lie?

tsmall

Premium Member
The totality of indications suggests to me:
-that the answer to this specific question (will we win our lawsuit) is yes
-the querents are in a significantly more favorable astrological situation than the opponents
-that the querents should push for resolution (if possible) of the matter via the mediator, since they are very strong (astrologically) in regard to mediation
-that if the matter cannot be resolved by mediation, the querents will still win their lawsuit but that there will be delays, that the matter might very well drag on and on before judgement, and that the final judgement, though favorable (or mostly favorable) to the querents, might take substantial time in order to be enforced.

I think you are right, dr. farr. It would appear from both the astrology and my observations of the players that this is the best remedial path.

You want to know who loses in all this? The animals. Because they were taken from their homes in a licensed and secure facility and made to live in horrible conditions for a month or more before "they" were able to construct enclosures and a perimeter fence that met USDA requirements (which they swore to the judge were already in place when they moved the animals)...and so now someone in the heart of NH will possibly wake one day to find an African Crested porcupine foraging in their trash. She (her name is Fiona, and when she came here she fit into the palm of my hand) can survive the outdoor temps here...but she needs to eat...they claim she was stolen..who the heck steals an African crested porcupine four days after she is relocated to an undisclosed location? I mean, it's not like you can pick her up...

BobZemco

It is a huge difference. And one that I pointed out to the same friend who first read this chart. Cancer is intercepted, and the MC is at 0*Leo. I am not even going to pretend that I know anything about anything, but your comment gives me hope that I'm at least learning something about astrology. It really comes down to what the Moon signifies in this chart. And us newbies can spin on our tails for days trying to figure out which planet is what in the chart, especially in horary. Even in natal, when it comes to that. In this case, we are told 18 ways to Sunday that the Moon is the co-sig of the querent, that it represents the overall situation, and that the aspects the Moon makes are important in trying to understand what will happen next.

Co-Significator does not equate to Co-Ruler. Maybe that will help.

But what if the Moon signifies something else? How do you tell?

When I asked this question of my friend, the big problem became..."I wish I knew what the Moon signifies in this chart." My idiotic response was, well, the Moon rules the 10th sign. You know this chart is easier to read in WSH? I thought I had to be doing something wrong.

A Planet can play several roles simultaneously.

Lilly was married to Regio houses. Probably because that was all he knew of houses and astrology.

Probably. That's pretty much the story of Houses in Astrology.

I'm convinced the Sumerians used an House System, I just don't know which one.

Constructing House Systems requires knowledge of trigonometry, and to use trigonometry, you need tables of trigonometric functions --- that's how we learned, since we didn't have computers or calculators.

Without printing presses, those tables had to be copied by hand, very few people knew how to write, and so the tables were neither widely available or readily accessible, and to make matters worse, the tables are worthless if you don't know trigonometry.

It isn't until people have both of those things, that they're able to construct House Systems, but that doesn't explain why they'd want to do that.

Have you ever tried to construct a table of houses?

Yes. I used a spreadsheet. In the day before software, you used a Koch Table of Houses (I still have one somewhere), but I never liked the Koch System. I also have my own tables (and ephemeris).

The broader question, regardless of the context of this chart becomes this...other than determining angularity, or a planet's energy (cadent, succeedent or angular) what do the house cusps tell us in horary?

They tell us quite a bit actually.

What is obvious is that the Ascendant and Midheaven are Chart Points....meaning there's really nothing there....it's empty Space, but very sensitive to you.

Being Chart Points, they do not Cast Light or Cast Rays, but each point highlights a region of influence on you.

Is this region of influence limited or unlimited?

It's limited, but by how much? That depends on where you are on Earth at the time. And it will also depend on your philosophical view, because House Systems are based on that.

If you think you are Special, then you'll want to use an House System that reflects that, meaning you want the Houses to appear as you would see them from Earth.

On the other hand, if you believe you're nothing more than billion-year-old recycled carbon, then you'd want an House System that reflects that, so you'd want an older system that has the Heavens smiling upon you from Deep Space.

But to kill two birds with one stone, Moon as co-significator for Querent has the primary function of showing your state-of-being, or your state-of-mind.

We see Moon in Fall in Scorpio, Via Combusta, in the 1st House, but the 2nd Sign, disposited by Mars in Detriment with Tail in the 8th House (with Caput Algol and in a Pitted Degree).

Your state-of-mind is(was) frazzled, chaotic, in despair, concerned about you (Moon in 1st) and your finances (Moon in 2nd Sign), and your standing in your profession, your community (Moon ruling 10th Sign) and other people's money and assets (Moon's dispositor Mars in 8th).

The good news is that Moon's Fall is at 3° Scorpio, and Moon has moved past that, and Moon is getting ready to exit Via Combusta, so your state-of-being/state-of-mind is improving.

That's a wrap. We are now done with Moon as co-significator...it's over...Moon is now an ex-co-significator, so clear your head: go eat some chocolate, watch TV, walk the dog, take an hot bath, take a cold shower, go work out, whatever.

That was Phase I. Next is Phase II, Moon as event indicator.

Moon's last aspect shows what was, Moon's next aspect shows what is to come.

In relationship charts, we use the Sun as co-significator for men. Sun at 8° Scorpio (Via Combusta) in a Pitted Degree, in a Feminine Degree, in an Empty Degree, in a Feminine Sign and House --- the 12th House.

How would you characterize his state-of-being/state-of-mind?

The use of co-significators is common. In a query about your father, the Sun is his co-significator, unless it is the primary, in which case Jupiter would be your father's co-significator....unless Jupiter is Combust, in which case you would use Saturn.

We already know that if Moon is the court system, and then by default the judge,....

No, Moon is the judge, and the 11th House is the actual court system.

What would be the Moon's co-significator in this chart? Sun representing authority or Jupiter representing law/legal.

So.....is Moon/Judge really that bad?

(Moon is in Scorpio, Mars is in Taurus...reception is important?)

Yes.

Moon opposition Mars. Doesn't Mars receive Moon by Sign and Triplicity? Doesn't Moon receive Mars by Exaltation?

When you have an opposition with Mutual Reception, what does it mean? Cooperation.

I'm sorry, who's pushing power onto Mars? Moon, thank you.

Note that when Moon squares Mars it will be from the superior position.

I'm inclined to push for settlement, and it appears the chart supports this.

There are lots of animal rights groups and organizations, and some of those organizations have their own legal counsel.

I'd be firing off e-mails. 9th Sign is Gemini....you can have more than one attorney....bringing in the cavalry might force a settlement in your favor.

tsmall

Premium Member
Co-Significator does not equate to Co-Ruler. Maybe that will help.

Yes, it does. So to make sure I'm getting it, the co-significator tells you more about the individual or thing and it's state, but you wouldn't use it instead of the primary significator? As in, it speaks to motivation or state of mind and not so much to the actions of the significator?

If you think you are Special, then you'll want to use an House System that reflects that, meaning you want the Houses to appear as you would see them from Earth.

On the other hand, if you believe you're nothing more than billion-year-old recycled carbon, then you'd want an House System that reflects that, so you'd want an older system that has the Heavens smiling upon you from Deep Space.

Personally I prefer Porphyry because even I can figure out the logic in that one.

That's a wrap. We are now done with Moon as co-significator...it's over...Moon is now an ex-co-significator, so clear your head: go eat some chocolate, watch TV, walk the dog, take an hot bath, take a cold shower, go work out, whatever.

:lol: All of the above, and yes, I am way less freaked out than I was even three days ago. A huge part of that relief is due to knowing that we will finally get the last permit we need in order to rebuild. Meaning that no matter what the outcome is, we will be fine.

In relationship charts, we use the Sun as co-significator for men. Sun at 8° Scorpio (Via Combusta) in a Pitted Degree, in a Feminine Degree, in an Empty Degree, in a Feminine Sign and House --- the 12th House.

How would you characterize his state-of-being/state-of-mind?

If this were a relationship chart then my advice would be for the partner to take out a restraining order.

Sun at 8* Scorpio in 12th is above the horizon. Via Combusta and so in a highly emotional state. To use my definition from before, freaking the freak out about something. In pitted degree created his own situation that he can't get out of without some kind of help, in an empty degree meaning that his judgement is truly compromised or he never had good judgemnt (or intelligence. I tend to think decision making abilities) in the first place. In the 12th house of the Bad Spirit could indicate sickness or mental illness. Since Sun is in sect with the chart but is in feminine sign, degree and house Sun is out of sect. Acting contrary to nature, and the rest of the indications minus knowing what Mars is doing and if the Sun is supported by benefics I'd go out on a limb and say acting completely inappropriately.

It would take the rest of the chart because we don't know if the ASC is in Scorpio or Sagittarius, or even Capricorn if we are close to the poles (and this is why I like WSH so much) but if we use Scorpio as the 12th sign then Leo is the 9th. Aries is the 5th. What ever he is obsessed with will have to do with those at least?

Ok, so in figuring out our significators we go by counting signs and not cusps. You do realize this makes reading the chart easier?

What would be the Moon's co-significator in this chart? Sun representing authority or Jupiter representing law/legal.

Looking at both though, right, since they will both have bearing on the outcome? I have two questions (and I really, really appreciate your patience with questions and that you have answered them. I have learned more, or at least connected the dots better, since I posted this thread than I have in the last six months of studying on my own.)

My first question relates to joys. Are they based on the houses or signs? In other words, is Sun in joy here?

The second is about synodic cycles. You remember when you first learned to read, and how you'd skip over the words you didn't understand hoping you'd be able to figure it out by reading the rest? It's like that. Saturn is about to station direct...is he in his second station or first? Second, right? Meaning what ever Saturn signifies hopes for good, and with good reason since it's likely to be granted?

And isn't Jupiter about to set into the beams making him weaker? Or am I completely misunderstanding this too?

Moon opposition Mars. Doesn't Mars receive Moon by Sign and Triplicity? Doesn't Moon receive Mars by Exaltation?

When you have an opposition with Mutual Reception, what does it mean? Cooperation.

I'm sorry, who's pushing power onto Mars? Moon, thank you.

Every time you post you make me laugh. I appreciate a terrific sense of humor. Next question...is Moon really pushing power? Moon isn't in any of her own dignities, so she has no power to push...or is this something else I'm misunderstanding? Applying planets can push nature, power, two natures, or management/authority. The first three require reception, the last doesn't.

Which is kind of what makes the MR between Moon and Mars so...special in this chart. As a side note, I like Dorothean triplicities better, especially for this chart which puts Moon in Venus' trip and not Mars. Moving on, we have MR by detriment/fall. Moon can push nature (and when we look at that, are we just to look at the "natural" nature of the Moon which is to gather and include, or do we consider her current state before judging what exactly she's pushing? This moon is...corrupted?) because she is in Mars' dignity and applying to him. She can also push management/authority...but Mars is combust. Whatever she's pushing is going to be returned, right? Mars state won't allow him to receive it. Then we get into returning with corruption or not. Which is why I posed the question earlier re: Moon can't normally harm Mars from Scorpio...can Mars harm Moon from Taurus?

Note that when Moon squares Mars it will be from the superior position.

Stoopid noob question of the night. I've seen reference to the superior position before, but spent all afternoon trying to figure out where. And I failed miserably. Is this to do with diurnal motion, meaning that Moon is Superior to Mars because she will be ahead of him? And since that's probably not correct...I could use a great BobZ one liner for this one. :/

There are lots of animal rights groups and organizations, and some of those organizations have their own legal counsel.

I'd be firing off e-mails. 9th Sign is Gemini....you can have more than one attorney....bringing in the cavalry might force a settlement in your favor.

This got me thinking. We actually want to avoid the "animal rights" orgs, because those are the ones that oppose what we do and continue to introduce legislation that would outlaw all zoos, traveling or otherwise. However, my husband belongs to and sits on the board of several zoological associations that could provide some help. Thanks to what you suggested he's working on those connections now.

My guess though is that the real "cavalry" in this case will be our State Attorney General. Every "law related" agency we have spoken to continue to say that this is a civil case, but...laws were broken. Not just for the division of charitable trusts which regulates non profits, but that office will be the one to discover the theft, the trespass, and the conspiracy to commit theft of our property and deprive us of same. I would absolutely love for someone to finally admit that what they did was illegal, and to see a person or two face jail time.

I started today by deciding to finally learn how to really figure out the native's wealth...thinking that an horary chart cannot bring what is not promised in the natal. It would stand to reason that if a significant event, such as a settlement and the return of the animals were to happen it would be shown it the birth chart. Obviously, I became distracted by exploring this thread instead...

Last edited:

BobZemco

Yes, it does. So to make sure I'm getting it, the co-significator tells you more about the individual or thing and it's state, but you wouldn't use it instead of the primary significator? As in, it speaks to motivation or state of mind and not so much to the actions of the significator?

Yes. In an Horary on financial matters, regardless of the Signs involved, Jupiter always signifies wealth. If Jupiter is not the primary significator of wealth, then Jupiter is co-significator, and his condition will tell you the general state/condition of the Querent's wealth now.

In Questions on Buying/Selling, regardless of the Signs involved, the Planet that signifies the object being bought or sold will be co-significator, and tell you the the general state of the object, so you'd want to pay attention if it was in Smoky, Dark or Empty Degrees as that might indicate flaws that the Seller is not aware.

Sect Ruler always indicates the Querent's current health state. It doesn't mean the person is disease-free or not suffering chronic illnesses, it just means their current present condition is stable; good; or whatever.

There will be times when Moon is primary significator for someone/something, and you'll need to use the Triplicity Rulers to differentiate. You don't ignore Moon, but you do modify Moon's condition based on the condition of the Triplicity Rulers.

Personally I prefer Porphyry because even I can figure out the logic in that one.

I use Porphyry for Mundane, and Alcabitius for Natal.

I'll give you a perfect example: 2012 Aries Ingress Chart for USA -- Porphyry, Placidus, Koch...it doesn't matter.

Libra MC with Retrograde Saturn in Libra 10th and Venus -- Obama -- in the 8th House/Sign.

Is that what happened? Nope.

Whole Sign: Virgo 10th House, Ruler Mercury Retrograde/Combust in 8th Sign/House with Sun.

Is that what happened? Nope.

A lot of people got it wrong, because they didn't read it right. Virgo is the 10th Sign and represents government, but Libra MC represents the "king" which was Venus in Taurus 9th House and had separated from Jupiter (but is heading toward a far-distant Malefic).

That's what happened.

If this were a relationship chart then my advice would be for the partner to take out a restraining order.

Uh, I was just kidding. Actually, you want to concern yourself with Human Signs -- Aquarius, Gemini, Libra, Virgo and the last 10° of Sagittarius, since that indicates a possibility of violence by humans if other factors support it.

Ok, so in figuring out our significators we go by counting signs and not cusps. You do realize this makes reading the chart easier?

You can try your new-found skills here....

http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=64899

Moon in Scorpio in the 10th House, but isn't Scorpio the 12th Sign in this Chart?

Is that not actually descriptive of the Querent?

My first question relates to joys. Are they based on the houses or signs? In other words, is Sun in joy here?

Yes, every Planet joys in an House and except for Moon & Sun, every Planet joys in a Sign --- they have two of them, and they prefer one over the other, and they even prefer certain Signs in Day/Night.

I'm guessing your question is actually when looking at Planetary Joys by House, do we look at Houses by Signs, or Houses by Cusps?

I don't know, but I'm inclined to believe it is by Sign. The Moon Joys in the 3rd House, because the 3rd Sign/House makes a sextile to the 1st House/Sign.

Note that Sun Joys in the 9th, opposite Moon, and that Sun/Moon oppositions are generally not good. If I had to guess, I'd say that the 3rd and 9th Houses/Signs being Cadent reduces the harm they could cause each other.

Suffice to say I still do not fully grasp the logic behind Planetary Joys by House and don't know the origin of that doctrine.

The second is about synodic cycles. You remember when you first learned to read, and how you'd skip over the words you didn't understand hoping you'd be able to figure it out by reading the rest? It's like that. Saturn is about to station direct...is he in his second station or first? Second, right? Meaning what ever Saturn signifies hopes for good, and with good reason since it's likely to be granted?

All of the Superior Planets go into their 1st Station rising east of the Sun where they are strongest. They stay retrograde until their 2nd Station, when they are rising west of Sun, and they are weaker than being east of the Sun.

Being retrograde before they go On-Station, they are reluctant, filled with doubt, hesitant, unsure, frightened (a lot will depend on the Sign they are in and aspects made to them) and so on, because they don't want to be burned by the Sun. Then they run away from Sun, but it's a losing battle because Sun is faster, and will catch and burn them.

It's sort of cathartic.

There's this thing that you must do, or must be done to you, or event that is going to happen, and you dread it, but can't stop it, and so entering Combustion is like "get it over with already."

Then you're Cazimi -- healed, renewed, re-energized, re-born or whatever, and then you're Combust again, but you're escaping.

And isn't Jupiter about to set into the beams making him weaker? Or am I completely misunderstanding this too?

If being Combust is powerlessness or helplessness, then being Under Beams is like Combust-Lite: 1/3rd less powerless.

A Planet Under Beams escaping Combustion is always in a better position than a Planet Under Beams heading toward Combustion.

Every time you post you make me laugh. I appreciate a terrific sense of humor.

You can thank the US Army for my dark tongue-in-cheek sarcastic witticisms.

Next question...is Moon really pushing power?

No.

I was typing faster than I was thinking, so I stand corrected on that one.

Moon isn't in any of her own dignities, so she has no power to push...or is this something else I'm misunderstanding? Applying planets can push nature, power, two natures, or management/authority. The first three require reception, the last doesn't.

As far as I know, that is exactly right.

Moon applying to Mars is pushing management, and because Moon is received by Mars, Moon is allowed to push her nature.

You're right, in order to push power, Moon would have to be in Cancer or Taurus.

As a side note, I like Dorothean triplicities better, especially for this chart which puts Moon in Venus' trip and not Mars.

Okay. I prefer Dorothean as well (over Ptolemy). If you don't already know, there's another Triplicity System developed by Morinus, and he puts Jupiter as Water Triplicity Ruler....sorry, just can't see the logic behind that.

Moving on, we have MR by detriment/fall. Moon can push nature (and when we look at that, are we just to look at the "natural" nature of the Moon which is to gather and include, or do we consider her current state before judging what exactly she's pushing?

Temperament.

Mars is Hot & Dry. Moon is Cold & Moist. Being in Scorpio makes Moon that much more Cold & Moist, and that negates some of the nature of Mars, who is already in Taurus ...Cold & Dry...which is imparted on Mars.

Moon's nature is modified by its positional relationship to Sun (as are all Planets) and by its location in the Quadrant (the four Quadrants equate to the 4 Seasons).

I seem to recall you looking at Fixed Stars.

Fixed Stars only influence if they have the same nature as the Planet to which they are joined.

When you read these star tables, and they say the star has the nature of Jupiter, they don't mean the star has Jupiterian qualities, rather they mean the star is Hot & Moist like Jupiter.

Caput Algol has the nature of Jupiter & Saturn, and they are Hot, Cold, Moist & Dry, and so any Planet with Caput Algol is Unfortunate, but Jupiter or Saturn with Caput Algol would be very Unfortunate.

Note that in 1206, the Great Conjunction of Jupiter/Saturn took place at 25° Taurus 46' --- conjunct Caput Algol.

Anyway, if the Planet's nature is opposite that of the Fixed Star, the star won't have any impact.

Stoopid noob question of the night. I've seen reference to the superior position before, but spent all afternoon trying to figure out where. And I failed miserably. Is this to do with diurnal motion, meaning that Moon is Superior to Mars because she will be ahead of him?

I guess it depends on how you interpret the pronouns as to which known it modifies, and which order of the Zodiac you use.

We're told that a Dexter aspect is more powerful than a Sinister aspect.

Then we're told that a Planet in the 10th or 11th Sign applying to a Planet is "over-coming."

Clearly, Aquarius is the 10th Sign from Taurus, but that's only if you count the order of Signs. If you count based on the actual motion, the Ascendant is rising toward the Midheaven, and so Leo would actually be the 10th Sign from Taurus....as the chart flows.

And now that everyone is completely confused, we should probably consult with Dr. Farr to clarify.

This got me thinking. We actually want to avoid the "animal rights" orgs, because those are the ones that oppose what we do and continue to introduce legislation that would outlaw all zoos, traveling or otherwise.

Ah, well, I'm all for zoos, since I don't relish the thought of having to beat off cheetah attacks and wrestle with an orang-u-tan every time I want to ride my bike.

However, my husband belongs to and sits on the board of several zoological associations that could provide some help. Thanks to what you suggested he's working on those connections now.

Okay.

My guess though is that the real "cavalry" in this case will be our State Attorney General. Every "law related" agency we have spoken to continue to say that this is a civil case, but...laws were broken. Not just for the division of charitable trusts which regulates non profits, but that office will be the one to discover the theft, the trespass, and the conspiracy to commit theft of our property and deprive us of same. I would absolutely love for someone to finally admit that what they did was illegal, and to see a person or two face jail time.

Trademarks involve Intellectual Property Law, and hopefully your attorney knows something about that.

I'm not familiar with the laws of New Hampshire, but I can tell you from experience that frauds generally are very difficult to uncover, difficult to investigate, and difficult to prosecute. I once remember attempting to explain a fraud scheme to a jury, and the jurors' eyes were all glazed over like they were about to enter a comatose state.

I started today by deciding to finally learn how to really figure out the native's wealth...thinking that an horary chart cannot bring what is not promised in the natal. It would stand to reason that if a significant event, such as a settlement and the return of the animals were to happen it would be shown it the birth chart. Obviously, I became distracted by exploring this thread instead...

Be careful with that. The fact that you may never be a millionaire does not preclude the possibility that you might occasionally come into sums of money through gambling, through inheritance, legal settlements or just luck (like winning a raffle).

If you won $5,000 in one of those scratch off lotto things, that doesn't change your Social Class or Standing. Just as some might occasionally receive additional financial gifts, other might occasionally lose a lot of money, but again, it doesn't necessarily change one's Social Class, or significantly alter their life.

To avoid wasting a lot of unnecessary time on charts, I look at the Time Ruler. Each Planet takes turns ruling a certain number of years of your life. Generally, the condition of that Planet in your Natal Chart will indicate the "color" of your life during that period.

A Planet is Fortunate, Unfortunate or neither. If you have an Unfortunate Planet, then here's where an Ephemeris comes in handy: Look at your birthday in the Ephemeris for each of the years the Time Ruler covers. If you see something unusual, like the Time Ruler square/opposition another Planet, or the Time Ruler in Fall/Detriment, then you'd want to cast a Solar Return Chart for that year.

If a Planet is Unfortunate in your Natal Chart, then turns up Unfortunate in a Solar Return, then do a Profection and see what's happening.

You could also use Primary Directions, moving the Planets and then casting Solar Returns and Profections for those years where contacts are made.

It's the confluence of conditions that tells you what happens, and there's no point in wasting time on an ordinary boring year.

Additionally, major facets of your life -- body/soul, wealth, siblings, parents, children, health, marriage, death, travel, friends and enemies -- are governed by a Planet. Sometimes, two Planets can jointly rule one of those facets (that would likely be the case one is in aspect with another --- and common sense rules here....we're talking a Planet in an applying aspect by moiety at the very most...not one that has separated).

It's also possible for a Planet to govern more than one facet, like Saturn being the [sole] Significators of Wealth, Health and Marriage.

When a Significator in the Natal Chart is activated in a Solar Return Chart, then you have the likelihood of an event. When a Planet is Significator for more than one topic, that's where a Profection Chart will help you. Profected Ascendant in the 2nd House suggests financial matters, but in the situation where Saturn ruled Wealth, Health and Marriage, it doesn't eliminate the other possibilities. That's where profecting the Planet as a Significator can help. Profected Saturn in the 2nd House would indicate Wealth as well. Lots can help too, and you'll see if they are activated in the Profected Chart.

And their conditions tell the story: an Unfortunate Planet in the Natal Chart that is Unfortunate in the Solar Return and in still Unfortunate in the Profection Chart is not going to be good, but if its condition is Fortunate in those charts, then it indicates something good.

Something you could do is identify the Significator of Wealth in your Natal Chart, then compare its condition to the Solar Return and Profection Charts. If it is not activated in the Solar Return Chart, then most likely your financial position will remain unchanged.

BobZemco stated:

Quote:Tsmall: "We already know that if Moon is the court system, and then by default the judge,...."

Originally Posted by tsmall
We already know that if Moon is the court system, and then by default the judge,....

BobZemco, Tsmall, Dr. Farr, and Forum, excuse me for being a little late on this but could you explain how the 11th is the 'actual court system'?

As I understand from various threads on Angelicus Merlin and skyscript.co.uk, the 9th is the actual trial, the 10th is the judge and jurors(as jurors are in a strong sense the judges, 12 symbolic of the 12 signs), the 7th the adversary and open enemy, etc.

I can see how the 11th is the judge's staff or his assistents, but why the court system?:unsure:

Also, as Cancer is intercepted, not the sign on the tenth as Leo is there how is the Luna:moon: the judge? Can not only Titan:sun: be the judge as he is lord of the tenth?

Clinton Garrett Soule

Wise men truly know how little they know

Psalm 19:1-4 Amplified Bible (AMP)

1 The heavens declare the glory of God; and the firmament shows and proclaims His handiwork.
2 Day after day pours forth speech, and night after night shows forth knowledge.
3 There is no speech nor spoken word [from the stars]; their voice is not heard.
4 Yet their voice [in evidence] goes out through all the earth, their sayings to the end of the world. Of the heavens has God made a tent for the sun,

http://www.newsreview.com/reno/star-reader/content?oid=22904

Last edited:

tsmall

Premium Member
BobZemco, Tsmall, Dr. Farr, and Forum, excuse me for being a little late on this but could you explain how the 11th is the 'actual court system'?

As I understand from various threads on Angelicus Merlin and skyscript.co.uk, the 9th is the actual trial, the 10th is the judge and jurors(as jurors are in a strong sense the judges, 12 symbolic of the 12 signs), the 7th the adversary and open enemy, etc.

I can see how the 11th is the judge's staff or his assistents, but why the court system?:unsure:

I'm in the middle of a diy remodel (so more later), but I'll take a stab at it. What exactly does the court system do? It's the clerks, bailifs, buildings, in this case mediators...the 11th is 2nd to the 10th. Maybe I'm missing it though because I don't see the 9th as the actual trial, since a trial is by nature a 10th house thing.

Also, as Cancer is intercepted, not the sign on the tenth as Leo is there how is the Luna:moon: the judge? Can not only Titan:sun: be the judge as he is lord of the tenth?

Asked and answered, your honor. ;)

It is a huge difference. And one that I pointed out to the same friend who first read this chart. Cancer is intercepted, and the MC is at 0*Leo...

tsmall

Premium Member
Is there a trial or hearing set for this? Or are the lawyers just arm-wrestling at the moment?

Yes, to both. As of last Thursday (note that the question was asked May 23rd) we are ordered to go to "special" mediation. Special in that the mediator is one of a panel of 12 retired judges rather than your run of the mill court mediator.

If that doesn't bring an agreement, then there is a trial scheduled for September 12th.

tsmall

Premium Member
Trademarks involve Intellectual Property Law, and hopefully your attorney knows something about that.

Well this is kind of funny, and completely typical of both my husband's luck and the whole Stan and Bran deal. To make a long story short, we managed to get the laywers for a really big, realy old amusument park here in our state to do the leg work on that for us...without even asking. Our trademark is completely protected. And because of it, well...it cost our opponents a $70k contract. And "they" readily rolled over on the trademark, which actually puts us in a better postion.

I'm not familiar with the laws of New Hampshire, but I can tell you from experience that frauds generally are very difficult to uncover, difficult to investigate, and difficult to prosecute. I once remember attempting to explain a fraud scheme to a jury, and the jurors' eyes were all glazed over like they were about to enter a comatose state.

I bet. Even though we believe it was intentional fraud, considering that 19 days after we signed a letter of intent to donate all the contested assets this went down, this works out to be more like theft by deception and abuse of process. The AG might not come back with that, but we are talking about a NH charitable entity so he/she has to get involved. At the very least they violated their own by laws in multiple instances. Not to mention that they entered our residence, separate from the leased space (trespass) to remove property they, and the IRS know doesn't belong to them...

Be careful with that. The fact that you may never be a millionaire does not preclude the possibility that you might occasionally come into sums of money through gambling, through inheritance, legal settlements or just luck (like winning a raffle).

If you won $5,000 in one of those scratch off lotto things, that doesn't change your Social Class or Standing. Just as some might occasionally receive additional financial gifts, other might occasionally lose a lot of money, but again, it doesn't necessarily change one's Social Class, or significantly alter their life.

To avoid wasting a lot of unnecessary time on charts, I look at the Time Ruler. Each Planet takes turns ruling a certain number of years of your life. Generally, the condition of that Planet in your Natal Chart will indicate the "color" of your life during that period.

A Planet is Fortunate, Unfortunate or neither. If you have an Unfortunate Planet, then here's where an Ephemeris comes in handy: Look at your birthday in the Ephemeris for each of the years the Time Ruler covers. If you see something unusual, like the Time Ruler square/opposition another Planet, or the Time Ruler in Fall/Detriment, then you'd want to cast a Solar Return Chart for that year.

If a Planet is Unfortunate in your Natal Chart, then turns up Unfortunate in a Solar Return, then do a Profection and see what's happening.

You could also use Primary Directions, moving the Planets and then casting Solar Returns and Profections for those years where contacts are made.

It's the confluence of conditions that tells you what happens, and there's no point in wasting time on an ordinary boring year.

Additionally, major facets of your life -- body/soul, wealth, siblings, parents, children, health, marriage, death, travel, friends and enemies -- are governed by a Planet. Sometimes, two Planets can jointly rule one of those facets (that would likely be the case one is in aspect with another --- and common sense rules here....we're talking a Planet in an applying aspect by moiety at the very most...not one that has separated).

It's also possible for a Planet to govern more than one facet, like Saturn being the [sole] Significators of Wealth, Health and Marriage.

When a Significator in the Natal Chart is activated in a Solar Return Chart, then you have the likelihood of an event. When a Planet is Significator for more than one topic, that's where a Profection Chart will help you. Profected Ascendant in the 2nd House suggests financial matters, but in the situation where Saturn ruled Wealth, Health and Marriage, it doesn't eliminate the other possibilities. That's where profecting the Planet as a Significator can help. Profected Saturn in the 2nd House would indicate Wealth as well. Lots can help too, and you'll see if they are activated in the Profected Chart.

And their conditions tell the story: an Unfortunate Planet in the Natal Chart that is Unfortunate in the Solar Return and in still Unfortunate in the Profection Chart is not going to be good, but if its condition is Fortunate in those charts, then it indicates something good.

Something you could do is identify the Significator of Wealth in your Natal Chart, then compare its condition to the Solar Return and Profection Charts. If it is not activated in the Solar Return Chart, then most likely your financial position will remain unchanged.

I started working on this this morning. Got interupted by knocking out a wall and rearranging bedrooms...but.

I think this would be worth a different thread, which I will probably do next.

I have two programs that promise to do primary directions even though I haven't even "gone there" yet. Which means I haven't a clue if the programs are calculating them correctly, nor have I even tried all the keys (I believe there are at least 5.)

A big clue is holy heck, something happened this year. I don't think anyone would consider having your entire life and all you assets ripped, or tried to be ripped, away from you as a boring year...

There is something interesting going on whether you use Firdaria or ZR, and my itty bitty attempt at directions with my klugy software shows his Saturn directed to PoS. Also interesting is that though obviously our charts are completely different, Saturn is a key player by profection this year that we are in.

Tsmall poited out:

Originally Posted by Clinton Soule

Tsmall:
I'm in the middle of a diy remodel (so more later), but I'll take a stab at it. What exactly does the court system do? It's the clerks, bailifs, buildings, in this case mediators...the 11th is 2nd to the 10th. Maybe I'm missing it though because I don't see the 9th as the actual trial, since a trial is by nature a 10th house thing.

Thanks Tsmall, thought it over and yes as you stated, the Judge is the magistrate in a sense of the court, as the king is to the nation, as the govenor is to the state in the USA, the 11th is the judge's facilities whether the courthouse and material things as well as the allys or friends upon the staff like the baliff and the rest of the show.

However the 9th is questionably the house of law, or maybe the students who study law, for this is not yet clear as in:

http://www.skyscript.co.uk/temples/h9.html

Scholars and practitioners of law are attributed to the 9th house and confusion often exists as to whether lawyers and those who enforce the law should be associated with this house or the 10th. In the sense that the 9th house represents guidance and advice from those more knowledgeable than ourselves, lawyers, counsellors and advisors generally fall under the principles of the 9th house when they act in an advisory capacity. Law, as a means of enforcing a ruling over others, however, belongs to the 10th house, which is the house of authority and rulership. Hence lawyers and solicitors are attributed to the 9th, whereas judges and magistrates are attributed to the 10th. If a matter of law is being considered with respect to a ruling, the decision or outcome should be judged from the 10th house.

And you see the quagmire of those who study horary diligently about what house is the trial as in this thread:

http://skyscript.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=6957&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=trial&start=0

So at present the house of the actual trial is questionable as exhibited within this thread:

http://skyscript.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=6972&highlight=trial

Clinton Garrett Soule

Wise men truly know how little they know

Matthew 18:18 "Verily I say to you, Whatsoever ye shall bind on the earth shall be bound in heaven, and whatsoever ye shall loose on the earth shall be loosed in heaven." (Darby Translation)
progress.gif

Last edited:

BobZemco

There is something interesting going on whether you use Firdaria or ZR, and my itty bitty attempt at directions with my klugy software shows his Saturn directed to PoS. Also interesting is that though obviously our charts are completely different, Saturn is a key player by profection this year that we are in.

And I kept using Saturn as examples....that's really weird, right?

Someone? Anyone?

But, of course, a key Planet would interact in both of your charts....you are married, right?

And you see the quagmire of those who study horary diligently about what house is the trial as in this thread:

Some people make things more complicated than they have to be.

Which came first, the Signs or the Houses?

Signs.

Astrological texts start by describing the Signs. Even Modern Astrologers like March & McEvers started their series with the Signs.

The first thing one learns is the Signs, how the Signs relate to one another, the aspects that the Signs make to each other (or not), the natures of the Signs, and what the Signs represent in terms of colors, people, places, things, and such.

Once the Signs are learned, then one learns the Houses.

It's because of the Signs that there are Houses.

It is the 6th Sign that represents the Native's Heath, because the 6th Sign does not aspect the Ascending Sign, and never will regardless of the House System used.

I used to advocate House Systems, but Dr. Farr made a believer out of me.

Don't get me wrong, I still use House Systems, but at the end of the day, it's the Sign that matters, since everything is based on the relationships of the other Signs to the Rising Sign.

The MC can fall in the 9th (and trine Ascendant), the 10th (and square Ascendant), or the 11th (and sextile Ascendant), but no matter where the MC falls, the 10th Sign always squares the Ascending Sign.

As far as the 9th, 10th and 11th, the 9th Sign always represents advisers --- the nature of the advisers is dependent on what the 10th Sign signifies in the chart.

In a business chart [for a public corporation] the 9th is board members and the "Cs" (CFO, COO, CIO, CSO etc), and also includes in-house legal counsel....but not retained legal counsel; the 10th Sign is the CEO, and the 11th Sign is the share-holders/stock-holders.

For States, the 9th is the constitution, cabinet ministers and members, the 10th is the chief executive, and the 11th is parliaments, congresses, and the military (note that in Iran's chart, the Iranian president is actually the 11th House, not the 10th --- in accordance with Iran's Constitution -- which is one reason [of many -- aside from incompetence] that so many botch those charts so badly).

Here, the 9th is law, the 10th is the judge and the rule of law --- the actual execution of the laws -- and the 11th is all other support, including court appointed mediators.

The fact that Moon is the judge and Sun is the mediator is not surprising in the least....these judges who function as mediators --- in New Hampshire....can't speak for other States --- are former State Supreme Court justices or Appellate Court justices....surely their stature...Sun....if not their experience as a group or individually dwarfs the Moon.

By the way, this is a stellar example of an Horary Chart.

When someone has a serious question...and no, "Does __________ have feelings for me?" could never be a serous question, and the issue weighs heavily on the Querent's mind and the Querent meditates, you get a very descriptive chart. That's not to say the frivolous don't, but that they get their just reward.

tsmall

Premium Member
Thanks Tsmall, thought it over and yes as you stated, the Judge is the magistrate in a sense of the court, as the king is to the nation, as the govenor is to the state in the USA, the 11th is the judge's facilities whether the courthouse and material things as well as the allys or friends upon the staff like the baliff and the rest of the show.

However the 9th is questionably the house of law, or maybe the students who study law, for this is not yet clear as in:

http://www.skyscript.co.uk/temples/h9.html

http://skyscript.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=6957&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=trial&start=0

So at present the house of the actual trial is questionable as exhibited within this thread:

http://skyscript.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=6972&highlight=trial

Interesting. I'm familiar with the astrologer you quoted there. I'd love to hear from Bob and dr. farr on this one, as it reminds me of questions about "will I pass the bar exam," or even if the querent will pass a test. We want to go to the 9th for these things, but it would depend on the context of the question....or not, because even then...and again this is just my newbie opinion, anything that has to do with status will belong to the 10th. Winning a civil suit or getting sent to jail for a crime all either confer status of some sort or take it away. Passing the bar exam or getting an advanced degree, or even passing your chem final does something to your status as well. So while studying the law and getting advice from lawyers (or even studying chemistry) are 9th house matters,

All that said, I checked my (limited) library briefly and in Temples of the Sky Deb Houlding doesn't really give a house for the trial in lawsuits. However, Lilly has said that the 4th is the end or "outcome" specifically in conflicts. This has been extrapolated to mean the outcome of all things, though Lilly never stated that.

So maybe the trial itself isn't a tangible thing. Which is why we need to look at all the houses involved?

tsmall

Premium Member
And I kept using Saturn as examples....that's really weird, right?

Someone? Anyone?

But, of course, a key Planet would interact in both of your charts....you are married, right?

Yeah, really weird. :whistling:

There's a LOT of Saturn activity in both charts, activating his 6th because he's in a 6th house profection and Saturn is in but not the ruler of his natal 6th, and 10th because Saturn is currently stationing retrograde on his MC (which is in the 11th sign) that just happens to oppose his natal Moon in Taurus...and we have connections all over the place. Saturn (of the sect of the chart because his is a day chart) rules his 1st and 2nd and is the exaltation ruler of his 7th. This is where the whole "wow, I had a transit and it didn't do anything for me" vs. "wow, I had a transit and it was a doozy" comes in, because if the planet isn't activated in the chart then...menh.

Saturn is in my natal 8th, rules my 4th and 5th and is the exaltation ruler of my 1st. And bonus, I have a day chart too. I'm in an 8th house profection, and now we can begin to see why planets in houses/signs are as important as sign rulers. BTW, Saturn is currently visiting my 2nd.

Annnndd I still need to take this to another thread.

What's funny is that I've been saying almost since this whole ordeal started that this was Saturn's way of saying..."I've been trying to tell you you were on the wrong course and you wouldn't listen to me." At the end of the day, no matter what happens, this has been a blessing in disguise.