career direction

Hello,
lurking on the forum for some time, some time off purposed itself as a way to finally ask something here.

Any insights for me career wise?

Soon I finish my studies (I do art studies with emphasis in textile, a mix of theory and hands on practise) after some drop outs and some time by myself. I like making things and have some visual/poetic sensibility, I work hard and I am learning and making more as I go. But as I am close to graduate I start having the question of what I want to make out of the things I am trying to develop. Gallery work, fashion, publications, how mainstream am i willing to go, what is my position, how I want my daily life to be.

What I miss from working creatively is somehow a way to use my physical energy, have been having jobs in restaurants and stores to balance it out a bit (and of course making the money i need). sometimes i wonder if i will need always a second career next to my art practice to be able to afford myself, not lose sense of reality and be physical.

Theres more to say of course but if you have any insights or advice by seeing my chart, please share them with me, i am still a beginner at astrology even though i have an interest.

thank you in advance :)

Attachments

• download.jpg
    download.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 56
Also small questions/thoughts

My ascendant is cancer and my Moon (ruler of the first house) is in cancer too, no major aspects besides for a trine with pluto.
My sun is in aries and my mars is in cancer in the 12th house, so i guess my 'arieness' is very much weakened or..?

People usually guess that I am a pieces or a scorpio, pieces for the artsy vibe (dont think it is very accurate) and the scorpio I blame on some plutonian influence. I get the scorpio guess mainly because of my artistic work or taste, some secrecy and intuitive way of being.

I am still very arian if I need to do something practical (my random physical jobs yes, that i kinda of like in some sense, some self centeredness, die-hardness, a bit foolish and fun if necessary) and cancer-like (caring, sentimental, day dreaming, sweet person, intuition, concerned with the interior).

My sun is conjuct with my Venus in the 10th house, dont really know who to read this bit?

JUPITERASC

Hello,
lurking on the forum for some time, some time off purposed itself
as a way to finally ask something here.
Any insights for me career wise?
Soon I finish my studies
(I do art studies with emphasis in textile, a mix of theory and hands on practise)
after some drop outs and some time by myself.
I like making things and have some visual/poetic sensibility, I work hard
and I am learning and making more as I go.
But as I am close to graduate I start having the question
of what I want to make out of the things I am trying to develop.
Gallery work, fashion, publications, how mainstream am i willing to go,
what is my position, how I want my daily life to be.
What I miss from working creatively
is somehow a way to use my physical energy, have been having jobs in restaurants and stores to balance it out a bit (and of course making the money i need). sometimes i wonder if i will need always a second career next to my art practice
to be able to afford myself, not lose sense of reality and be physical.
Theres more to say of course but if you have any insights
or advice by seeing my chart, please share them with me, i am still a beginner at astrology
even though i have an interest.
thank you in advance :)
"...The lord of action is apprehended by two methods
from the sun and from the culminating sign....."
Culminating Sign in this case is ARIES = ruled by Mars
SUN is Culminating
VENUS is Culminating in CAZIMI with SUN

ours is a beginners astrological learning forum
so the following is a link to reliable tips on the topic

FINDING THE PREDOMINATOR OF ACTION :smile:
http://penelope.uchicago.edu/Thayer/E/Roman/Texts/Ptolemy/Tetrabiblos/4A*.html#4

JUPITERASC

Also small questions/thoughts

My ascendant is cancer and my Moon (ruler of the first house) is in cancer too, no major aspects besides for a trine with pluto.
My sun is in aries and my mars is in cancer in the 12th house, so i guess my 'arieness' is very much weakened or..?

People usually guess that I am a pieces or a scorpio, pieces for the artsy vibe (dont think it is very accurate) and the scorpio I blame on some plutonian influence. I get the scorpio guess mainly because of my artistic work or taste, some secrecy and intuitive way of being.

I am still very arian if I need to do something practical (my random physical jobs yes, that i kinda of like in some sense, some self centeredness, die-hardness, a bit foolish and fun if necessary) and cancer-like (caring, sentimental, day dreaming, sweet person, intuition, concerned with the interior).
My sun is conjuct with my Venus
in the 10th house,
dont really know who to read this bit?
10th Sign and also the MC are concerned with Career
Assuming timing of chart is reliably based on medical records or birth certificate
and not from memory or anecdotal :smile:
then
Sun may indicate a career involving leadership or authority
BUT
that's dependent on the consideration of the entire chart
Mars completes 42 sidereal cycles and 37 synodic cycles with 79 years.
It has retreating arcs of 16 degrees for 72 days.
Mars is burning and drying, malefic, masculine and nocturnal. Pyroeis makes those born under him red and white in complexion, tall, robust, gray-eyed, with thick hair, somewhat curly, having excess of hot and dry when morning rising, and red, of middle height, with small eyes, not much hair on the body, straight yellow hair, having excess of dry when evening rising, and in general, natural, grim, resourceful, passionate, drinking, turbulent, relentless, challenging and confident. Mars controls force, wars, robbery, screams, violence, the loss of property, whoring, banishment, exile, alienation from parents, captivity, corruption of women, abortions, sexual intercourse, the loss of good things, lies, vain hopes, violent theft, banditry, plundering, disputes between friends, wrath, fighting, verbal abuse, hatred, lawsuits, shouting, violent murder, slashing and bloodshed, attacks of fever, boils, burns, imprisonment, torture, courage, false oaths, wandering, decoration of clothing, excelling at villainy, those who work with fire and iron, artisans, masons, leadership, military service, high-ranking officers, soldiers, supremacists, hunting, wine, falling from heights and four-footed animals, poor vision, apoplexy and falling on the back, the muscular system, the urinary system, the lower gastrointestinal tract, weapons, iron, reddish colours and acid tastes. It is chronocrator over late adulthood up to the 56th year.

Sun completes sidereal cycles with 365.25636 days and anomalistic cycles with 365.25963 days.
Sun is heating and moderately drying, common, masculine and diurnal. Sun makes those born under him with brightness, fine figure and manly eyes, having excess of hot. Sun controls action, light, kingship, leadership, high priesthood, reputation, authority over the masses, high rank, the mind, motion, loftiness of fortune, dealings with the gods, judgement, providence, friendship, the father, public matters, honours consisting of images, statues and garlands, the circulatory system, the nervous system, the eyesight, especially the right eye, wheat and barley, gold, bright colours and bitter tastes. It is chronocrator over early adulthood up to the 41st year.

Venus completes 8 sidereal cycles and 5 synodic cycles with 8 years.
It has retreating arcs of 15 degrees for 40 days.
Venus is moistening and moderately heating, benefic, feminine and nocturnal. Phosphoros makes those born under her shapely, graceful, effeminate, with bright beautiful eyes, having excess of hot and moist when morning rising, and plump, luxurious, olive in complexion, having excess of moist when evening rising, and in general, admired, passionate, wealthy, gracious, outgoing and friendly. Venus controls desire, love, priesthood, public benefactors, wearing of golden crowns and ornaments, merriment, friendship, companionship, acquisition of additional property, buying maidens and ornaments, agreements on favorable terms, marriages, refined arts, pleasant sounds, music-making, sweet singing, beauty of form, painting, mixing of colours, embroidery, purple-dyeing, perfume making, inventors, the masters of crafts, working with gold and precious stones, haircutters, cleanliness, plays, the supervisors of markets, weights, measures, trades and shops, giving and receiving, laughter and rejoicing, order, aquatic animals, the livelihood of the mother, assistance from women, remarkable reputations, nourishment and pleasure, the olfactory system, the reproductive organs, the secondary sex characteristics, multi-coloured adornments, precious stones, golden colours and greasy tastes. It is chronocrator over youth up to the 22nd year.

Bibliography:
Robbins, F. E. (1940). Ptolemy: Tetrabiblos. William Heinmann, London. Retrieved from http://penelope.uchicago.edu/Thayer/E/Roman/Texts/Ptolemy/Tetrabiblos/home.html
Valens, V. Anthologia. Translated by Mark Riley. Retrieved from https://www.csus.edu/indiv/r/rileymt/Vettius Valens entire.pdf

three M symbols

Hi

People think you are a Scorpio, because Scorpio is the inner side of mars. (and Aries the outer). And your Mars is in 12th house. An hidden and most secretive and psychic placement. Linked to the inconscious and this kind of things. Even if Mars is weakened in 12th house and Cancer, Your Aries Sun is strong, because Sun is exalted in Aries, so, people can see your Mars. But they guess you're a Scorpio ^^ (or a Pisces, because Pisces has 12th house traits, by analogy)

Otherwise, it's quite difficult to be accurate about a choice of art carreer. Because their is a lot of areas in this domain... Too much to use efficiently the astrological tools (from my point of view.)

Your MC ruler is Mars in 12th house. This is a creative house, good for imagination. Your work can be linked to "psychic"/spiritual/watery/emotions/healing/metaphysical, etc... Cancer role is to help other people to feel secure. Or create for them some new fresh vibes (cardinal water). Caring. Mars is in 12th house. So, logically it's hidden (your Sun has got hidden motivations).

2nd house ruler (of money), is the Sun, in 10th house. You'll earn ressources by your reputation or in the public sphere. (Maybe exhibitions, magazines, or being known for what you do in one way of another).

6th house (of daily work) is Sagittarius. So, you are searching a (spiritual or not) sens/purpose in what you do, this matters to you. Jupiter which rules your 6th house is in 4th house.
You can maybe work with a team where you feel like a family with. Or with someone of your family, or even at home. 4th house can also represents lands, including your city. Working for your city or country (cultural heritage, geographical or something, museums, etc..). And protecting justice (because your 4th house is Libra).

10th house Sun shows that you're ambitious, and carreer orientated. 10th house Venus, you'll attract people in the 10th house sphere (by your reputation, goals, and what you're known for. People can like you for your appearance or the status you'll have also. How you're seen in public). Both are conjuncts, it just mean they work together. I also have this aspects and I don't think it's so important. Venus is a quick planet, so the Sun is never really far away. But yes, because Sun is your 2nd house (money) ruler, and it conjunct Venus, you'll earn money with a "Venus way". that can includes beauty, beautiful things like clothes, decoration, or more artistic work (photography, etc..).

The problem is that Jupiter (6th H ruler) oppose your Sun (2nd house ruler).
So, you're daily work of 6th house do not serve the things you really value and what make you feel secure in this existence (2nd house things).
This aspect can also make you being too ambitious or things like that. But I don't worry because you have the conscience to need something to "not lose sense of reality" (this is a 12th house problem I know very well by experience). For the "physical" part, you also can do some sports if you need.

But success or failure is never really written in a natal chart. Chart shows potential but all you do depends on your choices, actions, etc..
Jupiter can cause exces but it's not a "bad one" (like saturn for example). I don't think this will stop you or anything. You have potential for arts, with your Moon, your Venus, Mars, and also North node in 5th house, that invites you to explore creativity and self expression in this life.

Jupiter in 4th house mean you need to expand the feeling of "home, family, emotional basis" (+justice (Libra). And Cancer ascendant too.
But these needs oppose your Aries 10th house Sun, that wanna show in public, being adventurous, take risks, and do what you want with spontaneity.

I can make mistakes and didn't read all overall chart with aspects etc.., so, don't take it all to seriously.

Last edited:
10th Sign and also the MC are concerned with Career
Assuming timing of chart is reliably based on medical records or birth certificate
and not from memory or anecdotal :smile:
then
Sun may indicate a career involving leadership or authority
BUT
that's dependent on the consideration of the entire chart

thanks a lot for being the first to look into my question,
i had forgotten about cazimis and the like, it seems to be a very divided opinion about them, most people not taking them at all and not too much information. Also my birth date is only confirmed by my mother+father, so not up to the minute but very much sure about the time frame (after 2pm, before 3pm)

also, a question because the terminology of the links you posted that is rather newish for me: are they based in a specific branch of astrology? or is it the epoch of their writing? a bit curious about it,
thank you

Hi

People think you are a Scorpio, because Scorpio is the inner side of mars. (and Aries the outer). And your Mars is in 12th house. An hidden and most secretive and psychic placement. Linked to the inconscious and this kind of things. Even if Mars is weakened in 12th house and Cancer, Your Aries Sun is strong, because Sun is exalted in Aries, so, people can see your Mars. But they guess you're a Scorpio ^^ (or a Pisces, because Pisces has 12th house traits, by analogy)

Otherwise, it's quite difficult to be accurate about a choice of art carreer. Because their is a lot of areas in this domain... Too much to use efficiently the astrological tools (from my point of view.)

Your MC ruler is Mars in 12th house. This is a creative house, good for imagination. Your work can be linked to "psychic"/spiritual/watery/emotions/healing/metaphysical, etc... Cancer role is to help other people to feel secure. Or create for them some new fresh vibes (cardinal water). Caring. Mars is in 12th house. So, logically it's hidden (your Sun has got hidden motivations).

2nd house ruler (of money), is the Sun, in 10th house. You'll earn ressources by your reputation or in the public sphere. (Maybe exhibitions, magazines, or being known for what you do in one way of another).

6th house (of daily work) is Sagittarius. So, you are searching a (spiritual or not) sens/purpose in what you do, this matters to you. Jupiter which rules your 6th house is in 4th house.
You can maybe work with a team where you feel like a family with. Or with someone of your family, or even at home. 4th house can also represents lands, including your city. Working for your city or country (cultural heritage, geographical or something, museums, etc..). And protecting justice (because your 4th house is Libra).

10th house Sun shows that you're ambitious, and carreer orientated. 10th house Venus, you'll attract people in the 10th house sphere (by your reputation, goals, and what you're known for. People can like you for your appearance or the status you'll have also. How you're seen in public). Both are conjuncts, it just mean they work together. I also have this aspects and I don't think it's so important. Venus is a quick planet, so the Sun is never really far away. But yes, because Sun is your 2nd house (money) ruler, and it conjunct Venus, you'll earn money with a "Venus way". that can includes beauty, beautiful things like clothes, decoration, or more artistic work (photography, etc..).

The problem is that Jupiter (6th H ruler) oppose your Sun (2nd house ruler).
So, you're daily work of 6th house do not serve the things you really value and what make you feel secure in this existence (2nd house things).
This aspect can also make you being too ambitious or things like that. But I don't worry because you have the conscience to need something to "not lose sense of reality" (this is a 12th house problem I know very well by experience). For the "physical" part, you also can do some sports if you need.

But success or failure is never really written in a natal chart. Chart shows potential but all you do depends on your choices, actions, etc..
Jupiter can cause exces but it's not a "bad one" (like saturn for example). I don't think this will stop you or anything. You have potential for arts, with your Moon, your Venus, Mars, and also North node in 5th house, that invites you to explore creativity and self expression in this life.

Jupiter in 4th house mean you need to expand the feeling of "home, family, emotional basis" (+justice (Libra). And Cancer ascendant too.
But these needs oppose your Aries 10th house Sun, that wanna show in public, being adventurous, take risks, and do what you want with spontaneity.

I can make mistakes and didn't read all overall chart with aspects etc.., so, don't take it all to seriously.

thank you so much for the throughout look into my chart.

Your work can be linked to "psychic"/spiritual/watery/emotions/healing/metaphysical, etc...
this is something that is said a lot about my work, or my directions no matter the medium. About the connection of the 2nd and 10th houses, I guess I need my work/career/public self (sometimes to the extent of loss of self) to feel satisfied and grounded, it is something that I do value.

the visibility is a confused place and also makes me think: I used to work more with performance, using myself in my work. It just happened naturally but somehow is something that i struggle with. Also the most important romantic relationship of my life was with a photographer/artist. I was photographed a lot and participated in a lot of his projects (I am not that beautiful or aesthetic, still I was all over the place). I am just rambling, maybe none of this is relevant to the aspect. I am also rather shy/scared, but because of my work or by inspiration I easily forget it and do things I never thought of doing.

Some sort of conflict in this terms certainly permeates my life, so its interesting that you point it out.

Something that you refer that I had totally overlooked is this jupiter/excess influence and (it is possible that I am interpreting it wrong) after a bit of introspecting I come to think it is somehow important and also are important the ways that I've managed to deal with it.
When younger it was really not helpful, I could easily enter into bouts of pleasure seeking for example, sex and relationships, eating, drinking and other drugs, easily forgetting everything and making a mess of my life. I did quit school once to purse my dreams without any sort of solid or realistic plans. I could dream a bit too big and forget that I am only dreaming and making nothing to follow through. Basically, not taken care of, I have a excess of everything, physical energy, nervous energy, lazyness, devotion, etc.

The way I've dealing with it recently is different from my truly messy previous years. I don't ignore it or try to be moderate, but I use it more strategically. As I said before, I always try to have jobs next to my studies. I study in a very time consuming university and at some point I was working part-time 5 days a week next to it, recently I was working 2 full (12hour days) next to it, leaving me almost no time to concentrate in school and personal projects. So somehow I get more realistic because almost nothing is possible with my time frame, and I accept failing sometimes to crush my ego a bit, but for the most part I manage to do what I want (and not what others want) with some long long sessions of work in any free time I find. Overdoing it in any possible way and excited. I really like (or perhaps need) long long sessions of work that make you forget of yourself and a lifestyle that manages to make you less selfconscious or selfimportant.

Also it is one of the reasons for my study of textile: it is a very time consuming medium. If you want for example to weave a piece, just to prepare a weaving loom you may need 16 hours or more of work and a lot of planning and choices, then you can start your piece. All this mediation and planning forces you to be more realistic somehow.

And thanks for the last remark, I don't take it too serious, but it is a good tool for some self introspection.
Also I don't think success is read through astrology, more in hard work and persistence. But sometimes something is missing and you need some self knowledge to understand what is important for you or accept what comes natural. Also to find ways to deal with your shortcomings..

It was a very throughout analysis, I wonder if you have a similar chart? :)

three M symbols

No, my chart has nothing similar x)

Except the fact that My Sun Sign is also ruled by a planet in 12th house.
(Virgo - Mercury).

I recognize myself about what you said of Jupiter. (a lot of exces in the past) My Jupiter is in 2nd and rules 2nd house, so, this house have a direct effect on the body needs (how we feed or sleep, etc..). I don't thought Jupiter has this kind of effects in 4th house. This is most the aspect (Jupiter oppose sun) that can create it I guess.. But mostly the 2nd & 6th house ruled by fire signs. ^^' I have them too.