Where is Bob Zemco?

aquarius7000

Hi,
What did she do? She was super nice!
Agree, she was a nice person that shared her knowledge gladly. From what I recall, she had a bit of a provocative style of writing and would only too readily 'write' her mind (Mer-Ura). She even asked for banning and then started becoming a bit cheeky to provoke that. I remember during my mod days PM'ing her asking her to not unnecessarily step out of line. Still I was more than surprised to see so many (talented astrologers: Shining Ray, Astrologer 50, EJ53..) banned from the forum upon my return. I would have handled cases like Shining and Astrologer 50 (and I did whilst I could) differently; one of the reasons I stepped down. Although, Shining also wanted to be banned due to not being able to restrain herself from spending too much time here. I wish the banning, even if sometimes necessary, were not so permanent and perhaps to make people leave for a few weeks, even months, but giving them the chance to correct themselves and return. There is always the option to ban the second time permanently. I even recall suggesting this as a mod. That might mean more effort on the staff's part here, but that is important, as such people are like naughty kids, and need more attention. They, IMO, in no way, hurt the forum or trolled or spammed. Alone this thread shows how members feel about Shining and Astrologer 50, and I concur with them.

:)AQ7

PS: ALso, the usual reasoning I have often heard about this place not being a site to teach people manners, everyone (even mods, incl I as a mod) make mistakes. Only difference, members don't have the power to do much when those in power patrol too readily pull the trigger on banning someone, except openly raise their voice - when even then such threads can be closed, posts that do not suit the mood deleted, etc. This attitude has made way too many very knowledgeable members leave this forum (I have had PM's from some in the past) out of sheer frustration, which tells me that Astrology is not always in the forefront here with those that maintain the forum- for which we are grateful to them. Sometimes even those of us in power need to step back and rethink their actions (they could also have had a bad day and lost their nerve when banning a member), and, more importantly, not let their ego get in the way of admitting and redeeming their mistakes/decisions. Everybody will understand if a mod unbans someone because they might have been too quick on banning, or have 'realised' later. It does not mean that they will show others that rules are not strongly enforced here. I know I must be making headlines on the mod board now, but it is important to say this out, even at the risk of getting banned myself. On the whole a nice forum

Last edited:

JUPITERASC

Good news - Bob Zemco literally just posted the following post on our forum today :smile:
What next, the 7-Sign Zodiac?

I'll certainly be looking forward to that.

Beware strange web-sites foisting bizarre theories on the unsuspecting.

This is just a misunderstanding by morons who couldn't figure out the doctrine brought to us by an Eastern Greek....as opposed to the stupid Western Greeks. Eastern Greeks -- we're talking Lydians and Phrygians here...lived in Central Anatolia....yeah, modern Turkey.

The Western Greeks all died off, or emigrated, or were exported as "administrators" or were supplanted by Slavs who pretended to be Greeks. The fat drunkard mass murdering slob Churchill cancelled contracts for naval vessels (ordered long before the start of WW I) by the Ottoman Turks in an attempt to coerce the Ottomans into siding with the Central Powers, because the Brits had their eye on the Middle East and wanted to gain control of all of the lands under Ottoman rule...

...by the way, how's that working out for everyone?

At the end of World War I, the fat murdering pig Churchill goaded the Slavs-pretending-to-be-Greeks into invading Anatolia, and it turned out to be a disaster as the "Greek" army was annihilated. That led to the expulsion of Eastern Greeks from Anatolia (by the Turks), who were then forced to relocate and live amongst the Slavs-pretending-to-be-Greeks.

In retaliation, the Slavs-pretending-to-be-Greeks and the newly relocated Eastern Greeks from Anatolia ethnically cleansed the Greek mainland of Turks, because, you know, one good turn instigated by a fat drunkard murdering pig deserves another.

Anyway, these Eastern Greeks were a conduit for information from Mesopotamia via the Sumerians. The Eastern Greeks passed on knowledge in math, science, astronomy and astrology first from the Amorites (mistakenly referred to as "Babylonians") and later from the Babylonians (mistakenly referred to as "Chaldeans") to the nucleus of what would later become "Western Civilization".....

...the very same "civilization" which would then employ a fat murderous drunken pig to draw the map of the Middle East and North Africa, enslave the people, steal their resources, oppress them with dictators denying democracy and freedom, and then complain bitterly when the people they oppressed lashed out or rebelled.

But I digress...anyway, this Eastern Greek -- Nechepso was his name -- espoused a doctrine of 8 power regions in the Chart, and you know them as Angular and Succeedent Houses/Signs.

That, is the source of the 8-Sign Zodiac Nonsense, in spite of the fact that Nechepso never said there were 8-Signs, rather he said there were 8 regions of power in the Chart.

Keyword freaks can use "Willing" (Angular), "Hoping" (Succeedent) and "Receding" (Cadent).

This doctrine impacts Natal, Mundane, Revolution, Horary and Electional Astrology.

A Planet will do whatever it will do....good or bad....if in one of the 8 power regions. Naturally, a Planet's condition will affect its ability to do whatever it will do.

This doctrine caused some confusion, leading some of the later astrologers, mostly Hellenistic --- like Dorotheus, but even Zael used it, to adopt the 7-Sign/House System of power, which was the 1st, 4th, 5th, 7th, 9th, 10th and 12th Houses/Signs.

When other idiots discover that, I'm sure they'll pass it off as some 7-Zodiac Sign system to make money off of nutters.

Surely you can see the confusion --- the MC can fall in the 9th, 10th or 11th House/Sign, and so how can you have a king with a 9th House MC or MC Ruler in the 9th?

And what about the 2nd House of Wealth?

That leads to weird things like the 15° Rule )Ptolemy) where a Planet within 15° of the Ascendant (or MC) is considered to be in the Asc/MC.

That's what happens when subtle (and not so subtle) nuances get lost with the transmission of knowledge over time. I don't think Nechepso & Co or Ptolemy & Co are necessarily wrong....in fact, I'm not even sure they were talking about the same thing, and there's every indication that the Asc/MC were treated separate and apart from the House/Signs.

Even so, they all still pretty much say the same thing, that there's a distinction between looking at the Chart as a whole, and looking at Topics.

Suppose the Chart Ruler is in the 7th House....that's Angular, and (assuming it is otherwise in good condition) you could conclude that nearly all of what the Chart promises will be fulfilled --- it's just a matter of determining when (use Profections and Revolutions).

Now suppose the Chart Ruler is also the Wealth Ruler.....would you draw the same conclusion?

No....it's Angular in the Chart, but not to the Topic of Wealth....the 7th House would be Cadent to the 2nd House/Sign, and in fact the Topic Ruler can't even "see" the House/Sign it rules, and so it is powerless to do anything, regardless of its condition.

You can also view it as Public (Angular), semi-Private/semi-Public (Succeedent) and Private (Cadent).

Are all powerful men and women in the spotlight? On stage? In the news?

No....well, then you might want to look and see where the Topic Ruler (in the this instance the MC Ruler) is located. Same for those who have wealth...of any kind...how many times have you seen the modest person....only to discover much later that they have a rather fair amount of wealth (to a lot of wealth)?

You can also view look at those power regions in terms of "longevity." Some people retain their wealth and/or health their whole lives, while others see their health/wealth fade with age....or lose their friends....don't age gracefully....have fewer enemies....fewer employees...their power fades....their zeal for things religious, ideological, educational or philosophical wanes.

You're looking at something Cadent in the Chart; if not the Topic Ruler, then the Lot; or a Succeedent Topic Ruler/Cadent Lot; a Cadent Lot Ruler; an Angular Ruler but in poor condition with the Lot or Lot Ruler Cadent....it's there.

Anyway, if you want to research astrology, especially ancient astrology, then I would suggest the proper venue is a library -- like a university library, and not the internet, and most certainly not some web-site serving Otcopunk flavored Jim Jones™ Kool-Aid.

tsmall

Premium Member
Annnnndddd gone again. Possibly off on another intergalactic mission to save the Universe, or at least our little corner of it.

Thanks for everything, Bob.

DreamingTheSeas

Besides knowledge bob zemco is offering, he shakes the calm sea in this forum and apart from whether in any of us gets dizzy from the waves , we all in the end enjoy a special stormy day.

Zarathu

Account Closed
I, personally, am not unhappy to see Bob having apparently moved on to new pastures.

Bob seemed to make it his personal mission to attack people in nasty ways. He was constantly breaking the rules and having pieces of his posts removed and toward the end whole posts because of his violation of the rules about how we normally treat each other here.

He apparently had an enormous amount of traditional astrology to share, but his method of doing so by telling everyone that he was the only real astrologer in the entire world, and that everyone else was just a giant piece of cr@p, including many famous and well respected and known astrologers, was not exactly a fine way of teaching.

If Bob comes back I hope he changes his tone and shows that he respects someone else besides just BOB.

He would be good on Astrodiensnt.com where there is no moderation to speak of, and people are expected to insult each other right and left, or they just aren't real astrologers.

Caro

oh no. not gone again.:w00t: I hope they didn't ban him.

I think he is a real softie under that crazy school teacher image.
from memory he has Jupiter in pisces.

always learn something from his vast knowledge.

'The journey never ends'

hope he comes back to visit again soon.

JUPITERASC

Annnnndddd gone again. Possibly off on another intergalactic mission to save the Universe, or at least our little corner of it.

Thanks for everything, Bob.
I'm grateful as well for BobZemco's well-informed and useful astrological insights freely offered to all - a genuinely great astrologer :smile:
:crying::crying::crying:

He could have stayed awhile longer :sad:!
He was of tremendous assistance on this forum and we have many more questions for him :smile:
I, personally, am not unhappy to see Bob having apparently moved on to new pastures.

Bob seemed to make it his personal mission to attack people in nasty ways. He was constantly breaking the rules and having pieces of his posts removed and toward the end whole posts because of his violation of the rules about how we normally treat each other here.

He apparently had an enormous amount of traditional astrology to share, but his method of doing so by telling everyone that he was the only real astrologer in the entire world, and that everyone else was just a giant piece of cr@p, including many famous and well respected and known astrologers, was not exactly a fine way of teaching.

If Bob comes back I hope he changes his tone and shows that he respects someone else besides just BOB.

He would be good on Astrodiensnt.com where there is no moderation to speak of, and people are expected to insult each other right and left, or they just aren't real astrologers.
Not everyone appreciated him
Besides knowledge bob zemco is offering, he shakes the calm sea in this forum and apart from whether in any of us gets dizzy from the waves , we all in the end enjoy a special stormy day.
Being a traditional astrologer BobZemco's skills were of no interest to those who are non-traditional :smile:
oh no. not gone again.:w00t: I hope they didn't ban him.

I think he is a real softie under that crazy school teacher image.
from memory he has Jupiter in pisces.

always learn something from his vast knowledge.

'The journey never ends'

hope he comes back to visit again soon
C'est la vie.... everything is impermanent

Fortunately though, BobZemco left us with plenty to mull over :smile:

sea_of_qi

He made some comments on his profile page which have the flavor of closure or at least a "fond goodbye" for a while.

According to Chinese Five-element astrology/philosophy, the fall/autumn season is all about letting go of things that have passed their stage of full bloom (summer season). The brightly colored leaves of autumn give one last burst of activity before they fall to the ground and decay into the soil. This cycle is necessary to provide the fuel/energy and space for regrowth and rebirth which will come months later with the Spring season.

Being a lover of nature and its wisdom, BobZemco is probably just following his own seasonal cycle. Fortunately, the stark, barren, bleak and leafless days of Winter are always followed by that vigorous and exciting burst of Spring energy.

I will be looking forward to Bob's next Spring!

serafin5

He made some comments on his profile page which have the flavor of closure or at least a "fond goodbye" for a while.

According to Chinese Five-element astrology/philosophy, the fall/autumn season is all about letting go of things that have passed their stage of full bloom (summer season). The brightly colored leaves of autumn give one last burst of activity before they fall to the ground and decay into the soil. This cycle is necessary to provide the fuel/energy and space for regrowth and rebirth which will come months later with the Spring season.

Being a lover of nature and its wisdom, BobZemco is probably just following his own seasonal cycle. Fortunately, the stark, barren, bleak and leafless days of Winter are always followed by that vigorous and exciting burst of Spring energy.

I will be looking forward to Bob's next Spring!

Beautifully said......:biggrin:

BelAge

I recently discovered his posts and went back to read almost everything he has posted. This man is a fountain of knowledge. Reading him is like getting an accelerated astrology class.

Perhaps, in honor of mercury retro, he will come back, if only for a short while.

JUPITERASC

I recently discovered his posts and went back to read almost everything he has posted.

This man is a fountain of knowledge.

Reading him is like getting an accelerated astrology class.

Perhaps,

in honor of mercury retro,

he will come back,

if only for a short while.
On many previous occasions BobZemco has frequently "disappeared"
only to unexpectedly return
:smile: