Pitted (and Elevated) Degrees?

magnolia8

I'm not even sure how I came across this concept, but I'm slightly intrigued. I can't seem to do a board search, so I would greatly appreciate any information here.

Mainly because of its angularity, I've always regarded the planet Saturn as significant in my chart. However, it's in 14 degrees of Sagittarius - supposedly a "pitted" degree. Does this mean that this planet is effectively neutralized? Mind you, I don't like Saturn, so this wouldn't bother me at all:tongue: but I'm not totally convinced.

Thanks for any help!

tsmall

Premium Member
I'm not even sure how I came across this concept, but I'm slightly intrigued. I can't seem to do a board search, so I would greatly appreciate any information here.

Mainly because of its angularity, I've always regarded the planet Saturn as significant in my chart. However, it's in 14 degrees of Sagittarius - supposedly a "pitted" degree. Does this mean that this planet is effectively neutralized? Mind you, I don't like Saturn, so this wouldn't bother me at all:tongue: but I'm not totally convinced.

Thanks for any help!

No. Saturn can't really be neutralized in any chart. Nor can any other planet. It more adds dimension to dilenating how Saturn can perform his duties in the chart. If he's pitted, he finds himself in a well, usually of his own making. Needs to dig himself out of it. If you have a day chart, that's going to be you digging the well (first rule of holes, when you find yourself in one, stop digging.) If it's a night chart, then what Saturn signifies will often find itself in a hole dug against you. Make sense?

dr. farr

The OP might find my thread about elevated and pitted degrees of some interest. I have refreshed this thread for convenience of reference.