Empty houses´rulers?

AJ Astrology

Hil, i would like to know whether is right to seek for a natal empty house´s planet by looking at the house´s ruler placement (for instance, I have empty houses 1, 2, 7, 8, 10: i have my 8th house in Cancer; then should i look for Cancer´s ruler, that is Moon, placement??).

Assumming that´s right; i´ve encountered two different meanings for such a placement outthere in the web (8th/Cancer´s ruler, that is Moon, in 12ve house);

1-Ruler of the 8th house in the 12th house: The native will surpass his own standards. There will be a need to be free and independent. He will like to be solitary. There will be a dislike to the old habits, old behavior and customs.

2-Ruler of the Eighth House is in the Twelfth House: A lonely death. Ending of life in a clinic, hospital, or nursing home.

Are those inclusive meanings at all? Are there additional meanings (i guess the second one is not a very happy one, indeed:biggrin:) Thanks! Greetings! Any insight would be great...

Hi athair,

Those are terrible readings. Can you post your chart? When the ruler of H8 is in H12 and aspected badly, it can mean that there is excessive fear or some sort of anxiety about death. It is true that often people die in institutions, but that requires other aspects or placements of planets. The real reading depends on what else is happening in the chart.

athair

Thanks! I actually seem to have got that (in whole sign system) the so called Cusp is a given degree; i´m not sure anyway as if the criticall degree is given according to ascendant degree (rising sign degree?)?

AJ: thanks!; i do take for granted that web explanations from an insolated point of view are only very broad generalizations; i often use to take a brief outlook of a previously ignored aspect (or some other relation) within my chart, and thereafter try to put it gradually (within weeks, etc.) in context.

Regarding death, there´s a (spanish) quote that goes something like (i´m trying to translate from poetry): "Dying, such an intangible fate, doesn´t happen but beyond this world´s realm". Beside that, there is also the dying as a "lose this skin" point of view. Greetings!

Last edited: