5th house versus 7th house

barbh

Account Closed
Ok, in this relationship query, the 1st sig Sun is applying to trine the 7th sig Saturn as the next aspect. Beautiful!
However, the moon is about to sextile the ruler of the 5th Mars, in the 5th, as the next aspect. ???? The moon will then sextile the Sun, and then oppose the 7th sig Saturn!
Last and final aspect of the moon is a sextile to Jup....not that that really matters here.

What to make of this?? I like the 1st and 7th sigs coming together so nicely. It's a big testimony for a timing of a relationship. BUT, moon to ruler of 5th talks of flings, or sex, or what have you. Can we say that the moon will sextile mars, ruler of the 5th in the 5th, as a date or something, and then will translate this 'date', to the Sun, since the sextile to the Sun, ruler of the Asc, is the next aspect after Mars?

What does the moon opposing Saturn mean then, if the sun is trining Saturn?

It's like two opposing testimonies. :confused:

barbh

lillyjgc

Senior Member, Educational board Editor
barbh,
Could you please post the chart? Many of us are more visually oriented with horary.
thanks,
Lillyjgc

lillyjgc

Barb,
I've had a look at the chart.
You said:
<Ok, in this relationship query, the 1st sig Sun is applying to trine the 7th sig Saturn as the next aspect. Beautiful!>
At first glance, I might agree except for the lack of dignities involved.
Firstly, your ruler is the sun and the sun is in no dignities by sign, aspect or house placement. Your ruler is in your sixth, his twelfth.Not good.

His ruler Saturn is also in no dignities and about to go retrograde.His ruler is in your second, his eighth. Again, not good.
Yes they do apply a trine but because both planets are so disempowered, it may not be very helpful.
Your ruler leaves a conjunction to mars, ruler of your fifth.Mars is a malefic but in this case is exalted by sign, but not by placement.
The moon is also in no great shape, being in your eighth house.The moon's forthcoming opposition to saturn is a strong testimony of a *no* answer.I don't think the sextiles will do more than *create an opportunity*-that is, you might go on a date and find you dont have much fun.H5 can be *going to a movie* etc, not necessarily an affair.
The sun and saturn are not very friendly to one another, but the sun being
in saturn's sign indicates your interest in him, but he is more interested in mercury.The angles are also in fixed signs so very slow progress.
The fifth house is intercepted and jupiter rules the interception. The moon's in jupiter's sign and the moon will lastly sextile jupiter before leaving pisces. I think that intercepted fifth house suggests you will connect with someone else..
That's just my take on the chart.
Cheers,
Lillyjgc

barbh

Account Closed
Interesting.

I was wondering about the weak houses, but the aspect made me hopeful.

So, a date of some sort, and then a connection with someone else.

timing wise....is this date the moon to mars timing, or the sun to saturn timing?

thanks
barbh

Last edited:

barbh

Account Closed
Actually, I see that his sig Saturn is in his 9th and my 3rd, not his 8th. Still weak, but not the angst ridden 8th. And he is stationary retro, meaning it could be someone 'coming back'. I asked about a relationship, and unless I enter a nunnery one day, it will happen at some point. I guess the chart is trying to say that my next encounter will be a date, as opposed to a relationship, even though I specifically asked about a relationship, and that this 'date' may not turn out so well. :(
Confusing, since 1st and 7th should speak to a relationship, but i guess its just not telling us about that yet.
Thanks lillyjgc
you're always insightful

barbh

lillyjgc

barbh,
Yes I think I read his sig, Saturn as returning to the second,even though technically its stationery at the moment. The issue I'm seeing with Saturn being a significator in horary at the moment, is that opposition to Uranus.(Coming up again in Feb)
Saturn can be very fearful in virgo and with that uranus opposition...I do think you will go on a date but the intercepted fifth still interests me. Hopefully archer or Starlink might add in to this discussion with their views about that.Usually an intercepted house suggests a situation that causes a detour...I also noticed, not strictly horary,that Mr Midas has chiron and neptune prominently in his house...Wounds, fears maybe.But his ruler, Saturn, is in mercury's sign. Mercury left the trine to saturn a while back...and mercury is at a critical degree, about to go into Aquarius, so maybe he has an old flame coming back..merc is close to his cusp.Please keep us posted on this one.I'm interested to see how the sextiles play out.
Cheers,
lillyjgc

Thanks Ra!

barbh

Account Closed
Thanks lilljgc

This question wasn't about mr. midas specifically, but it's possible he could be date dude. I'm quite curious as to who this date person will be....especially since it doesn't look too promising :p
I will definitely keep you posted on what happens...
:)

barbh

lillyjgc

hi Barb,
oh ok. You are asking a question about having a relationship with no one in particular? I'm not sure now exactly *what* the question is. Your chart is titled *relationship* so I figured you had someone specific in mind. My mistake.If you arent thinking of a specific person,I'm not sure if this horary is valid. This only goes to show how very important it is for horary, to have a very clear question.Are you asking about going on a date? or having a relationship? Can we clarify?Because if its the date itself you are asking about, I'd look at h5 cusp and then see to what planet the Lord of that applies, and I'd take that planet to signify who the date was with.If the question is primarily about the date, and saturn is ruling the *datee* (!),I'd be thinking that dreary old saturn may not be much fun, especially in the sign of virgo. Even if we use modern rulers,Uranus would rule him, and it's going to oppose saturn again soon, bringing up a lot of desire for change and rebellion against the status quo.
Cheers,
lillyjgc

barbh

Account Closed
Hi lilljgc

Sorry to be so confusing. I didnt' post the chart originally because the rules at the top state that we're not supposed to post horary questions or charts...and I'm trying my best to obey the rules here :p .....

so maybe I should switch this to the relationship forum if we're going to do a whole question chart thing. Since we're already into it anyway, we may as well finish it! :)

Yes, it was a general 'next relationship' question, and I wasn't looking at dates at all, but the 5th house came up and so I was curious about how it all played out. The sun saturn trine is weak, saying a relationship is doubtful with whomever is next, but a date seems inevitable at least....

I will let you know what happens when the moon sextiles mars in 2.5 degrees..days is jan 3, weeks is mid Jan....etc..
thanks
barbh

Last edited: