View Single Post
Unread 01-02-2010, 07:39 AM

Re: Need some education: Which charts to use when?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niplan View Post
it depends on what you're trying to do you have to mix in discretion once you know what all the different charts are for then you can use your judgement to decide which one to use.
Yes, this is exactly what I want to know. I want to know what all the different charts are good for and also what they are not good for.

The natal chart is not for everything. And so is the progressed chart. And for some things you would rather use a relocation chart. Or maybe a solar return chart. But then, sometimes when you still cannot find something, there is always a temptation to look at all charts known to man. Then, while grasping at straws almost anything can be concluded. And this is when all the little science that we have starts morphing into art, and everything starts to become fuzzy. And, if one mixes in the concept of free will, then even the obvious indicators do not seem to be important. Where does one start and where does he/she stop with applying the astrological methods? When he/she stops caring? Or maybe when his/her knowledge ends? Or are there more strict rules of appropriate application of different charts and astrological methods? I want to know these rules.