Horary should be illegal

aleth3ia

Banned
Okay. Perhaps it might be best for you not place yourself in the vicinty of what you perceive to be illegal activity?
Thanks for your concern my dear, I can assure you I'm quite far from it ^^
In case you mean to avoid joining discussions in this forum section, well, like the title of my thread, my aim is to provoke, some thinking!
Glad to bother ;)

(In some places it's illegal for real, watch out...)

Chrysalis

In case you mean to avoid joining discussions in this forum section, well, like the title of my thread, my aim is to provoke, some thinking!
Glad to bother ;)

Deleted as i replied to the post that i thought was in response to myself....my bad.

Last edited:

Chrysalis

Because if it was for a case we both have witnessed lately, someone who'd have gone by a horary accurate reading, could probably have died in the last London attack, just for instance.

Its a "Learning forum" everyone's at different stages on here in what they know about Astrology.

When your meant to die your meant to die anyway, regardless of any horary reading.

Chrysalis

Even if say for example you do a chart and you predict that everything will be fine, no attack will happen etc....but then there is one.

IF your not meant to die on that certain day, then you won't....somehow you'll not be harmed or death won't occur.

But if you are meant to die on that day, then even as much as you avoid some sort of catastrophe no matter how much you avoid it, you'll still be taken to that point. Death will still come for you regardless of where your hiding.

If your destiny is up, its up.

And if your into Astrology you must already know that everything is already mapped out for you, from day one.

tikana

ladies and gentlemen,

we are a bunch of criminals according to aleth3ia

I will be back with jugs of bootlegged moonshine and answers to horaries in torrent forms

we still do not have a head of FBI so .... feel free to place your orders... below..

Tik

Last edited:

aleth3ia

Banned
Even if say for example you do a chart and you predict that everything will be fine, no attack will happen etc....but then there is one.

IF your not meant to die on that certain day, then you won't....somehow you'll not be harmed or death won't occur.

But if you are meant to die on that day, then even as much as you avoid some sort of catastrophe no matter how much you avoid it, you'll still be taken to that point. Death will still come for you regardless of where your hiding.

If your destiny is up, its up.

And if your into Astrology you must already know that everything is already mapped out for you, from day one.

Isn't the whole point of horary about answering a given question? That implies that no matter what you'll do, it'll turn out like that. Hm, no I don't agree with this.

Isn't the whole point of making horary questions, about knowing the future as well? Hm, ok, then, given that most good astrologers can't achieve such accuracy, if not by the same chance you'd have by tossing up a coin, then the answers should not be trusted. And that's just amazing to me, yay free will!

But since there are people that instead believe in those answers, and there are even people that are on a thin line between life and death all the time, that, it's true maybe that it's all written in the sky already and we have no responsibility in our materialistic means, like you say; but it's even true that you can help your own destiny, or in some cases, even destroy yourself, when none would have guessed that to happen, not even the stars... (the irony is that your own defeat could even be your best luck ever, and the other way around). This is just to say that an answer, said by someone we trust, can mean more that what we intended, and can even shape the so called destiny, that anyway, is a series of uncountable steps along which we recognize some major events.... but it's steps that WE make, influenced by the stars, sure, along with 10 hundreds other things, the words we listen influence us as well, etc... it all has a consequence. Even a bad prediction. (Letting alone all the bad fame for astrology since so many important predictions are wrong!)

Now if I rely on someone about the future, in the areas I'm very interested in, and for which I'm then very supsceptible, or even, like for the Manchester thread, in most mundane areas where you're supposed to have no control (but you're there anyway, it's you there, isn't it a choice, somehow?), I'll trust the response.
Say I ask, "should I visit this place the next month? is it safe?" and the answer is "yes go!", then I'll go, and if I die because the astrologer was actually wrong and there's a terroristic attack, then is it destiny? Of course it is lol, but that astrologer was a bit nuts. Could I have avoided that?
Hm maybe, if the astrologer gave me right answer. If I ask "is he in love with me?" and he tells me "no way", while instead the guy I like is mad in love with me, but happens to be a lame nerd who has never approached anyone, shy as hell, and will never talk to me, so I'll never know... because I already believed what an astrologer told me. Silly examples... but they happen daily. And they're kinda dangerous.

Why do bad predictions happen on a regular basis I wonder, while the astrological chart analysis tend to ring true most of the times?
Are you really sure you can predict the future, as if it's all a matter of stars design? I had predicted the victory of Trump in the last elections, without using any wheels, just a little sense.
I told that to people close to me, I didn't hit the news with that, why would I want to influence someone, not knowing myself how it can turn out?

Yeah, we can all predict doom and the flames of hell, but no one with a 50 years old experience with human beings would do that, because, let's just hope something better is gonna happen! Even if the signals are all bad...

Last edited:

aleth3ia

Banned
ladies and gentlemen,

we are a bunch of criminals according to aleth3ia

I will be back with jugs of bootlegged moonshine and answers to horaries in torrent forms

we still do not have a head of FBI so .... feel free to place your orders... below..

Tik

astrology criminals, hell yeah. but you can share the sit with the daily horoscopes on the newspaper~

katydid

Because if it was for a case we both have witnessed lately, someone who'd have gone by a horary accurate reading, could probably have died in the last London attack, just for instance.

Then it should also be illegal for stock brokers to advise someone where to invest their money, and for physicians to make a diagnosis that would require corrective surgery---because it might not work.

IleneK

Premium Member
Okay. Perhaps it might be best for you not place yourself in the vicinty of what you perceive to be illegal activity?

Glad to bother ;)

I suppose I misunderstood. Your title is not a question, to promote discussion. It is a statement:

Horary should be illegal.

If you really wanted to promote civil discourse, rather than provoke, then you perhaps might have had a title that posed a question, like "Should horary be illegal?"?

I do see you are "glad to bother." On several threads.;) You may wish to take a look at that sometime... if you really want to promote discussion instead of provoking.
I think you just like to fight.

Last edited:

aleth3ia

Banned
Then it should also be illegal for stock brokers to advise someone where to invest their money, and for physicians to make a diagnosis that would require corrective surgery---because it might not work.
Brokers or surgeons got nothing to do with astrology, but get informed, theres something called "hyppocratres rules" to which a real doctor has to apply up to today.. its just about ethics. Brokers are often on the edge of illegality, thats well known, bad investestements are easily avoidable, and no good broker could suggest risky ones, because they're unethic.
To predict the future is illegal, for real, in some parts of the world. And theres really a thing called ethic that applies to astrology as well, and that implies not to harm anyone. It is required to be followed if ull get any kind of astrology "diploma". Bad predictions of the future can hurt people, as u said. And that future telling prediction, in astrology, falls under the name of "horary".

@ilenek
It took u 2 days to insult me further? Why doesnt anyone gave me a valid answer for this thread but instead everyone felt the need to attack me somehow? Did u see this? Or got blinded by the title? Yes, it was a provocation, and yes, im a blunt as f sagi with mars in gemini, u can imagine how much i get turn3d on by all this mental exchange, but if u really had paid a bit of attebtion, since u saw me around ; ))), ud know i always try to make some points. Theyre usually pretty easy and follow common sense, thats why i get so heated to answer them, it annoys me to see people following nonsense, and because i value astrology i believe that the word ethic should be applied to it, too. But i said this in another thread, pity u didnt see that. And, I really dont like the arguments in here, u might think i enjoy them, since theres one wherever i go... but why should i get in line to what all other people on here think? Not to offend anyone? i didnt want to offend anyone with this thread, just a field of astrology that should be questioned. I love discussing things i like, u can blame me for that.

@it was incredibly hard to write this from my mobile, ill be off some days, id be pleased to receive some good reasonings, ideas, comments, wtv.

JUPITERASC

Brokers or surgeons got nothing to do with astrology, but get informed,
theres something called "hyppocratres rules"
to which a real doctor has to apply up to today.. its just about ethics.
That's a very important point :smile:

ethics-tulanecontinuous-36-638.jpg

Brokers are often on the edge of illegality, thats well known, bad investestements are easily avoidable, and no good broker could suggest risky ones, because they're unethic.
To predict the future is illegal, for real, in some parts of the world.
And theres really a thing called ethic that applies to astrology as well
and that implies not to harm anyone.
It is required to be followed if ull get any kind of astrology "diploma".
Bad predictions of the future can hurt people, as u said.
And that future telling prediction, in astrology, falls under the name of "horary".

Applies to astrologers and in fact to all:

First-Do-No-Harm.jpg

@ilenek
It took u 2 days to insult me further? Why doesnt anyone gave me a valid answer for this thread but instead everyone felt the need to attack me somehow? Did u see this? Or got blinded by the title? Yes, it was a provocation, and yes, im a blunt as f sagi with mars in gemini, u can imagine how much i get turn3d on by all this mental exchange, but if u really had paid a bit of attebtion, since u saw me around ; ))), ud know i always try to make some points. Theyre usually pretty easy and follow common sense, thats why i get so heated to answer them, it annoys me to see people following nonsense, and because i value astrology i believe that the word ethic should be applied to it, too. But i said this in another thread, pity u didnt see that. And, I really dont like the arguments in here, u might think i enjoy them, since theres one wherever i go... but why should i get in line to what all other people on here think? Not to offend anyone? i didnt want to offend anyone with this thread, just a field of astrology that should be questioned. I love discussing things i like, u can blame me for that.

@it was incredibly hard to write this from my mobile, ill be off some days, id be pleased to receive some good reasonings, ideas, comments, wtv.

IleneK

Premium Member
@ilenek

As I said, I think you like to fight.;)
Take care. And remember, first, do no harm.

Last edited:

Oddity

I think you need to remember that this board is populated largely by amateurs, and also - about 80%+ of the questions asked are not proper horary. Nor are they properly asked.

So...based on a bunch of astrology enthusiasts not getting predictions correct, you want us to have the same laws about astrology here as they do in Saudi? Nice.

I've found most personality analysis by modern astrology to be anywhere from misleading to downright harmful, so I engage in very little of it. If you feel horary is harmful, don't engage in it. Or start reading Masha'allah, Sahl, Bonatti, ibn Ezra, al Kindi. What they were doing, you don't often see here, but it will show you how it ought to be done.

Arguably, horary is one of the more simple forms of astrology. But people tend to not ask the real question, let bias get in the way, use horary when they should be looking at mundane, etc.

Or if astrology in general offends you - don't practise astrology.