Should the death penalty be allowed?

JUPITERASC

Ah, sorry. I'm a Journalist so talking about politics and stuff comes natural for me. We can stop. :D

But yea, death penalty in America costs too much.

Lol why are people saying the death penalty costs too much???
They'll cost more sitting in jail for the rest of their life.

I support the death penalty. There are people that just don't deserve to live.

Also
other issues involved :smile:
Is The Premeditated Killing of any Human Being Ethical and/or Morally Justifiable
http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?p=317211#post317211

I have two persuasions about this one.

Firstly, the intentional killing of an human is never the right course of action.

Secondly, if you're going to execute someone, quit being a p**** about it and just shoot him in the head.

A "lethal injection" for the state of Georgia costs about $450 per "dose"
and an elaborate system of application involving many people (some of whom get paid for this).

If you're going to make yourself a murderer, don't pretend you're being humane.

If you were really humane, you would be rehabilitating that guy instead of killing him.
So, just shoot him in the head already.

At least we wouldn't have to wonder whether or not he regained consciousness and remained paralysed while he slowly died.

Humane my ***.

AppLeo

So what would you do if some maniac was chasing you with a machette in his hand, and had stated his intention of cutting you to peices?....and you had access to a gun.....There are some circumstances that are acceptable!

Plus, who cares about being humane. Muderers don't deserve to die happy because they didn't kill or rape their victims humanely.

JUPITERASC

Personally, I support it.

We protect the murderer's life and his humanity, then who protect those of his victims?
It seems the agreement is that killing people is wrong
yet it's ok to deliberately train kids to kill random innocent victims in war :smile:

Blaze

Account Closed
I'd prefer to see them rot in solitude for the rest of their days. Being slowly driven to the edge of sanity as the loneliness eats away at their very well being. With the only person(s) they see are the victims faces playing endlessly on a loop in their mind. After a couple of years, their minds would be so degraded that all prisons would become insane asylums for murders.

There are worse things then death, so no, I don't support the death penalty. Let those merciless pos rot.

Bunraku

So far beliefs mentioned in the thread:

Killing people is wrong, but it is under the condition that it is unprovoked, I. E. We must be able to secure our survival/life by the means of defending ourselves.

People who have no more contribution to society and drain resources due to their immoral acts (which are implied to be ingrained in their nature) must be put down.

Killing is wrong period - mistakes can happen, evidence can be found against and it cannot be justified even in times of war or conflict.

Then blaze: that they should be punished yet kept alive

Kannon

Being particularly libertarian in my view of civil liberties, and progressive in how I think justice should be restorative, I don`t support government having the power to take someone`s life. It then becomes a potential proxy for revenge, which it can also do even with lesser punishments when allowed.

A thoughtful, intelligent, wholly civilized society offers everyone a chance to redeem themselves even when spending the remainder of their lifetime behind bars. It also sees severe crimes as an opportunity to research and understand what led such persons to their behaviors.

JUPITERASC

Well obviously you wouldn't punish someone until sufficient evidence has been presented.

But castration should happen to those who have been proven to not control themselves.

17qhxd.jpg

56460933.jpg

fDxAX2.jpg

Last edited:

AppLeo

I disagree, Jupiter. We kill people because those people killed people. They deserve what they get. Killers deserve to be killed.

Dirius

I personally do not support the death penalty, because of the possibility of wrongful conviction/execution of an innocent person. As long as there is small chance of this, I don't think we should take someone's life.

That being said, I do understand and agree with some of the arguments in favour of it.

AppLeo

I'm just imagining things like...

Killer: *kills someone*
America: :happy: Hello there, we've saved a lovely jail cell for you for the rest of your life. Please enjoy your stay here as a cancer of our society that we support with our taxes. We got food, water, and shelter for you. Oh, and you can redeem yourself even though what you did was completely awful and unforgivable.
Killer: *doesn't even care and remains ungrateful*

Like absolutely not. Death penalty please.