Males with Venus in Leo.. superficial?

Phoenix Venus

Phoenix Venus: As you're already aware, you were fair in your post. I made a general address, rather than a specific one, because there were multiple posters committing the same error. You, at least, treated Leos like humans, rather than walking collections of astrological qualities. I suppose it's a personal frustration that comes from being a Sun Leo. I've seriously gotten so tired of this same fallacious quacking that I wish I could write my rational points on a card, have it copied a few hundred times, and hand one out whenever necessary. This thread deserves one of those "reality check" cards.

I've already written and removed three paragraphs about sampling bias, generalisation, refusal to take responsibility, and uninformed opinions. I dropped them from this post because those are simple problems that any reasonable, thinking person should already be able to handle (which also contributes to my frustration).

My real problem with this thread is the fact that it has been astrologically misleading. To read this thread as a novice, one might think that having even a single planet placed in Leo makes one a child that cannot control oneself. Leo's negative qualities (that should be overcome in time) have been used to drag Leo through the mud. Leo is perhaps the most disciplined and loyal of any of the signs. Leo has a keen awareness of the connection between performance and value. If I can't perform, then I am not fit to lead. If I can out-perform you, then I am more fit than you are. Leos are able to calculate and size up situations quickly and effectively. It is very difficult to deceive Leo's cold, penetrating stare. Leos love to snuggle and the back-rubs are heavenly! Then there's always the long-standing reputation of Leo being generous to a fault.

Did any of these wonderful qualities get mentioned? I didn't see them. What I saw was complaints about childish people who were the wrong choice from the beginning. The bottom line is that people make choices. Some people are highly developed. Some are far behind. Most are in the middle somewhere. We also need to remember that people change over time. Every person has been an idiot. The point is that we should learn from it. This forum should be a place to learn about astrology, not be misled by complaints.

I offer my apologies to those, such as Phoenix Venus, who were not contributing to the problem. I'll aim for the individuals next time.

:leoimg:

Mark, I completely agree with you there and you don't have to apologize to me for expressing your opinion about the thread. :smile: I guess I was making sure that you weren't saying that sharing personal experiences about people with venus in leo is the same thing as being demeaning. Cause there were some of both in the thread. There is a difference and while it is one thing to have a bad story about a person, it is another to typecast all with that placement as being that way, and to make generalizations without coming to the realization that there are always two sides to a story- and always two sides to an astrological placement as well.

This happens way too much in astrology and it's terrible. The bigotry happens towards every sign. Aries are too selfish, scorpio is a freak, etc. I've seen it a lot with leo and also with cancer and pisces.

I like to think theres a time when most mature serious astrology students come to realize that astrology isn't set in stone, (catered to their beliefs about another,) and is not a standard to cast hatred and set typecasts. Every sign has many good qualities and many different layers to the level of maturity and awareness. One thing i've noticed about the more evolved Leos is they are extremely morally aware and will do nothing that disagrees with their moral viewpoints. This is very admirable. Courageous and some of the most compassionate, giving people. My mom is a leo with moon in cancer and she is what i just described. The most genuinely caring and giving person I have ever known.

queenfluff

Hmmm, I am woman with Venus In Leo and what I have read about it is that Venus in Leo like the 'first stage' of romance better than the rest of the stages. They love the beginning courting phases and like a lot of attention etc. because it is fun.

http://www.cafeastrology.com/articles/venusleocompatibility.html

I guess certain parts of this are true for me. I do like all the beginning stuff when you are just getting to know some one. I don't know about males with Venus in Leo as I don't know if I have ever met one. I do not expect my love interests to be "arm candy" and never have. I do like certain things look wise but fancy expensive clothes etc do not impress me. In fact, someone like that ususally irritates me. Buying me expensive things doesn't impress me - not at all. Unless you are going to give that money to charity. :) THAT impresses me! :happy:

My Venus is in my 9th house which is supposed to mean I will date foreigners which has never happened (so far) so I don't think that 9th house weighs in much for me in my life but never know for the future. :)

Perhaps the aspects can alter the Venus in Leo and make them seem different. I have a Venus/Mars (in Sag) Trine and a square between Venus and Neptune (in Scorp) and a square between my Venus and Ascendant (Scorp). The descriptions I have read for these aspects do sound like me. The trine is supposed to be favorable one.

anjelik, maybe you attract the Venus in Leo males because you are very attractive and maybe you dress nice and they are attracted to that? They are probably attract to women who take good care of themselves and pamper themselves and it shows. What is your Mars in, anjelik? If it is Fire or Air, that might explain it. The Venus in Fire wants some Mars in Fire. :)

EhTeam

I am a female with,
Venus in Leo and 1st House.

Moon conjunct Venus, Sun in Leo helps me attract a lot of people, moon conjunct Venus helps me relate and connect.

Venus Trine Uranus - Amazing, husband is in Military, and being alone works for me.

Venus Square Mars - I'm needy, very needy in the love department which conflicts with being left alone for months at a time.

Venus Square Saturn- While dating, I waited 8 months before I kissed my now husband, and he asked me for the kiss.
For a sign that is friendly and affectionate, that might seem to be quite contradictory!

As you can see, I have some 'nice' Venus placements, and some that leave me(and maybe you!) in conflict.

I agree with the above that I do enjoy 'finer things' but it doesn't always impress me. My husband has given me gifts for every holiday/special occasion. I couldn't name them all, but the one I enjoy and cherish the most was a hand written poem, that didn't rhyme, and came with a cheap stuffed flower.
The memory of him giving me a fake flower that 'wouldn't die, like his love for me' was cliche at best, but it was very sentimental with the poem and delivery.
Nothing flashy, nothing extravagant, very much enjoyed.

must have been something else then, perhaps just me being too distant and not giving enough attention.

I would like to think of it as being like a house cat, a big house cat :whistling:

Sometimes the cat is in your face, on your lap, mewing for attention and just in your general space for no reason other than some form of acknowledgment. Shortly after, they disappear for 12 hours for a nap or adventure or whatever the house cat does...
You met the attention needs at that moment, and the cat will be back if they want. If you give them a good reason to come back, they will, they always will.

Despite the negatives my Leo list has, loyalty is right at the top for the positive traits. I just have to know, and I will pretty quickly, that you are someone who is worth having my loyalty.

Last edited:

aquarius7000

Hi,

Males with Venus in Leo.. superficial?
Absolutely not I would say. Many times, such statements are just a way of venting a bad experience we have had.

If anything, the Leo Venus is extremely giving and will love magnanimously, and uncalculatedly, unlike some other signs. A Leo Moon will give their last shirt on their back and forget themselves completely. The only thing a Leo Venus will not like is being ignored or given a cold shoulder. Pride and acknowledgement by others is very important.

Another thing, a Leo Venus will have very royal, expensive and highly refined tastes. now that could make others think - the Leo Venus believes in superficiality. Leo Venus (Venus also being money) will also like money in order to maintain a certain respectable standard of living. However, they are not mean with their money and will always be ready to help (just don't forget to give them a pat on their back for it:p).

A Leo Venus will also be a very happy and jolly person.

anjelik

Hi,

Absolutely not I would say. Many times, such statements are just a way of venting a bad experience we have had.

If anything, the Leo Venus is extremely giving and will love magnanimously, and uncalculatedly, unlike some other signs. A Leo Moon will give their last shirt on their back and forget themselves completely. The only thing a Leo Venus will not like is being ignored or given a cold shoulder. Pride and acknowledgement by others is very important.

Another thing, a Leo Venus will have very royal, expensive and highly refined tastes. now that could make others think - the Leo Venus believes in superficiality. Leo Venus (Venus also being money) will also like money in order to maintain a certain respectable standard of living. However, they are not mean with their money and will always be ready to help (just don't forget to give them a pat on their back for it:p).

A Leo Venus will also be a very happy and jolly person.

I agree, Leo Venus people are exceptionally generous. I have dated them and I have friends with that placement. They are always the first one to buy you a drink or pick up the tab for their less fortunate friends, even if they don't necessarily have it. I do think many Leo Venus people do tend to live above their means because of this (and this is just based on my personal interaction/experience with them). I wouldn't necessarily say that a Leo Moon is as generous as a Leo Venus. I actually think quite the opposite - a Leo Moon can be quite selfish at times.. it's all about "memememe" type of thing. But again, that's just based on observation.

aquarius7000

I agree, Leo Venus people are exceptionally generous. I have dated them and I have friends with that placement. They are always the first one to buy you a drink or pick up the tab for their less fortunate friends, even if they don't necessarily have it. I do think many Leo Venus people do tend to live above their means because of this (and this is just based on my personal interaction/experience with them). I wouldn't necessarily say that a Leo Moon is as generous as a Leo Venus. I actually think quite the opposite - a Leo Moon can be quite selfish at times.. it's all about "memememe" type of thing. But again, that's just based on observation.
Hi,

My mother is a Leo Sun and Venus. A beautiful lady inside out. Really optimistic and extremely loving. I think she has no idea how much she has helped the less fortunate. She cannot see people suffer. All cleaners, landscapers, whoever needs something against a headache, or if someone cannot buy a course book or something for their child, my mother, rather my parents, do not think twice.

A cousin is a Leo Sun and Moon, and also quite helpful and giving.

sibylline

I just wish they weren't drawn to me.. would make things much easier! I only thought about this because there is a guy in my building who thinks I'm attractive(he told another girl who lives in my building) and since they share the same birthday I just put his info in astro.com to see where his Venus would be and it was in Leo. Three of my exboyfriends also had Venus in Leo.

Oh, so you also attract Leo Venus men? Only three though... just the last three of mine had Leo Venus! The lifetime number is far greater. :happy: I'm guessing around 80 percent have Leo Venus. Clearly attracted to my ASC -- astrology lives. What do you think attracted them in your case?

I'll answer the thread topic a little later.

ZeraNika98

This I can agree.

I've met two different people with different Leo placements. One was a close friend since highschool (a Leo Moon) and one had Venus in Leo. The Venusian Leo also had Leo in his sun and mercury. The other one had Taurus sun and Aries venus.

I've noticed that everytime I'm sharing an emotional experience or something personal with the Moon in Leo, it always ends with him sharing most of his. It was almost like, he had forgotten that he was supposed to listen to me and give me advice. In the end, I was the one giving and advice lmao. He also can't seem to relate to me even though we've come from the same type of background. Or more like he kinda refuses to. But oh well, must be other placements in his chart.

The other one though, who btw I have a crush on, is actually generous and gentleman-ly to me. It's why I like him. And whenever he speaks, its also gentle, as if he has really given a thought about it lol. He's also kinda chivalrous. :)

WeirdLibra

I say yes and no. I have venus in leo in 2nd house. I can be superficial to the people that I dont know but I am very deep and sophisticated person actually. Im real to my friends.

aquarius7000

I say yes and no. I have venus in leo in 2nd house. I can be superficial to the people that I dont know but I am very deep and sophisticated person actually. Im real to my friends.
I think most everybody is superficial to the people one doesn't know, and that does not come from their Venus, and most certainly not from their Venus being in Leo. That comes from their Ascendant and its ruler.

david starling

I think most everybody is superficial to the people one doesn't know, and that does not come from their Venus, and most certainly not from their Venus being in Leo. That comes from their Ascendant and its ruler.

I'm never superficial, and I have Pisces rising, Jupiter in Scorpio in H9, and Neptune in Libra in H 8. I sometimes pretend I am, just to mirror those who are incapable of relating emotionally. I also have Moon and Venus in Aquarius, which provides the ability to be genuine without ulterior motives and without necessarily getting "emotionally involved". I think Leo is such a personally compassionate Sign that the superficiality is a necessary defense against being taken advantage of by needy people.

Last edited:

aquarius7000

I'm never superficial, and I have Pisces rising, Jupiter in Scorpio in H9, and Neptune in Libra in H 8. I sometimes pretend I am, just to mirror those who are incapable of relating emotionally. I also have Moon and Venus in Aquarius, which provides the ability to be genuine without ulterior motives and without necessarily getting "emotionally involved". I think Leo is such a personally compassionate Sign that the superficiality is a necessary defense against being taken advantage of by needy people.
I think we may have varied definitions of "superficiality" here. What I am trying to say is that our Asc. is a natural garb/defence against the world. With people we do not know, we are cautious, and do not readily open up. And, that is normal.

david starling

I think we may have varied definitions of "superficiality" here. What I am trying to say is that our Asc. is a natural garb/defence against the world. With people we do not know, we are cautious, and do not readily open up. And, that is normal.

I have a similar idea: The Midheaven is our defense of the Asc. I "present" as much as possible as a Sagittarian, and keep my Piscean nature to a minimum in social situations. I can still be "genuine" in a "guarded" sort of way. I feel safe, here in the Community, and can express myself as Piscean to a greater extent.

Last edited:

david starling

Well, back on Thread....standard issue--a male with Venus in Leo would be attracted to someone with Leo qualities. Vanity would be involved, and vanity could be interpreted as being superficial. Looks, fame, power, would be the draw; rather than a deep emotional or mental connection. But, the right combination could result in including the latter also.
Sibylline, care to comment?

Last edited: