ugh, that venus rx in scorpio (horary about an ex)

carol-a

Account Closed
I have a kind of funny situation! I'm heading south to a gathering in mid-October. My ex and his fiance will be there. I've come to find that they're a bit apprehensive of me being there, and now I'm definitely questioning myself. I have a bunch of different reasons for going, and one of them would be to hopefully mend some bridges and heal some wounds. I haven't seen them in about 19 months! we've gone off and on trying to have a friendship, but alas, there has been pain in that regard. She and I still talk occasionally.

After booking my tickets to go, I found out that Venus will be retrograde. hahaha but of course! I am the ex coming back into the picture -- d'oh!

I don't harbor any romantic feelings for him, I don't want him back - it's been years, and the pain I feel around the breakup isn't associated with him any longer either. I still love these two in a genuine way, but now I fear they don't have the same feelings, and not even that but that they barely tolerate me.

I'm feeling really good and confident lately, very loving and ready to move on in one way or another with these two.

So I asked horary, 'Is he looking forward to seeing me?', although I think really the question is 'are they', and I'm getting a fat no. I use him as the 7th house given our past history, and even still if he were the 11th house of friends he'd still be a stationed Venus in Scorpio in my 12th house, in detriment.

What do you all see in this chart? Should I be making other plans? ugh.

Attachments

• astro_2gw_is_he_looking_forward_to_seeing_me_hr.70701.39670.jpg
    astro_2gw_is_he_looking_forward_to_seeing_me_hr.70701.39670.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 47

ElenaJ

Jupiter on the ascendent describes your upbeat feelings.
His ruler Venus is in your sign, in your 12th, so he is caught up with some issues about you and he is working against you behind your back.
Co-ruler of the 7th is mercury, which could be his fiancée, who is approaching a square to your co-ruler Pluto, from the 11th (friendship). The moon will be forming a T-square with these two planets. Friends with her? It's going against your sense of self-worth, why would you want to continue it?
You, mars, are on the cusp of the 3rd (travel?) conjunct the south node, issues from the past coming up, and gossip.
Is there any reason why you need to have future contacts with them (aside from this coincidental occasion)? Are they relatives? Why are you "loving them"?
I don't think you really are over him, but still struggling with it. You and he might have a confrontation when you meet up, and even though Venus and mars are approaching a square your planets are in each other's Face (astrologically speaking!), indicating a positive exchange and relationship. And Venus retro indicates a change of mind on his part. This should give you both the possibility to air your true feelings and bring out caring emotions. And don't worry about her, she isn't your friend and is looking to break off with you anyway. Just go and enjoy.

carol-a

Account Closed
really detailed, thank you Elena. It's interesting that she and I are in communication right now, and she's giving me the impression that despite the initial jitters of the thought of having me there, that she's willing to make amends or at least try to put aside our past experiences together. we're going to talk on sunday. i will see how it goes with her. i have not heard a peep from him.

either way, i'm going as i'm not going for them, but for many many reasons. i want to make a positive relationship with them as we are in the same spiritual family, and we gather once/twice/thrice a year for ceremony, sweat lodge, vision quest, etc. i can't bear to have the awkwardness ensue, or else i might just have to part ways entirely. he's the one who introduced me to all of these people 4 years ago, and since then i've come to establish my own bonds with people, so to cut loose the whole fam would just be devastating. i'd just like us all to get over it already, you know?

thank you for your response. i will update in a few weeks if it helps this community.

x

waybread

I'm not getting a yes out of this chart, either. Your ex is symbolized by Venus, in detriment and in the 12th house. He's probably not in a good place in his life now, and doesn't care to discuss it with you. Hopefully you've got other people to see at this gathering.

Feedback is always helpful.

pinkyandperky

Carolann,

You have my sympathies, I am in the same situation. We have never ever fallen out, we both loved each other, but things happened which haunt me and it is now at the stage where I want to be with him and make peace. I dare say he will have absolutely no clue about my feeling so awful. I wasn't unfaithful to him or anything like that, just too young, we both were, at the time.

I hope it goes ok. Let me know!!

carol-a

Account Closed
Update:

So! As it turns out, he certainly has been struggling lately, and it took for the entire gathering for us to start really talking. They both had apprehension about me coming, and throughout the 7 days we were in each other's company, it gradually became more and more comfortable (especially seeing as I do not have romantic feelings for him anymore and seeing them together didn't trigger anything as it once had). She, the fiance, and I actually had a heart to heart and spent a lot of time together, and we both actually do desire to have a relationship with one another eventually. It was clear that I was the most well-adjusted of the three throughout and ended up having some major healing breakthroughs while I was there. Like, I'm freeeeeeeeeee from this five year love triangle!

The good news is we're all able to move forward from here! Perhaps we're not totally friends, but we are (spiritual) family, and we will certainly be seeing more of each other in the future.

I never got the impression that he was 'going behind my back' or was an enemy, nor did I get any impression that she wanted to 'get rid of me' or didn't want a relationship with me. she expressed that she did want to have a true sister-ship with me, but that she requires more self-healing to truly get there.

It's interesting that my and your interpretations of this horary left me feeling sooo nervous as i approached this trip, and ultimately how it turned out just so beautifully.