"planet-years"

johan

I am reading some old esoterical magazines and I came across this article:
On 21 of March(1984) begins a Mercury-yearBefore that we had a Venus-year.We have noticed that:the wonderful weather during summer and autumn recovered everytime after each little disturbance,how we have enjoyed the beauty of nature!
A Mercury-year has something vivid,quick and hasty.The weather will be changeable,but mostly soft and windy out of the southwest with occasionally a light shower.Time will go so fast,that it is not possible to goes into something deep thoroughly,each time one has to move one's attention,what makes it more superficial.The traffic will be even more busy and faster,so many interesting things to check!
It will be a favourable year for anything that moves;windmills and sailboats and surfboards,and everything that rides and flies.More advertisement and little books will roll of the presses,of which many will go into the trashcan immediately by lack of time to read.
A good year for anything that grows fast,goes into the air and tendrils,like stickbeans and ornamental climbing-plants.Light and airy food will be preferable and the games of skill will be more practised than the heavy ones.Free markets,braderies and things like that draw much public.The education will have public interest.Little inventions and exhibitions of new light techniques and practical own amateurjobs will draw a lot of attention.In relation to eachother more bicycles and less cars in use.Simple toys and practical little machines will do it good in the market.A good year for light studies with lots of practical experience.One will laugh at complicated and heavy theories.Students will begin own little companies.

These planet-years are always from 21 March to the next 21 March.After this Mercury-year we get successively the years of the Moon(1985),Saturn,Jupiter,Mars,Sun and Venus.

My question is:has anyone ever heard of planet-years and how can you calculate what kind of planet-year it is?Just a little note:I don't know if these planet-years are calculated only for the Netherlands or for the whole world.I find it an interesting idea to see if this really shows into the world but I'll have to know how it is calculated.

Greetz:87:

Draco

I wondered if it does only pertain to the Netherlands, if ithas something to do with the sign ruling the ascendant in the solar return of the national chart?

I'll check it out.

Draco

If the planetary years are reckoned from 21st of march to the 21st of March which is often the date of the vernal equinox, then I wonder if this has something to do with the vernal equinox?

I also wondered, if this only refers to the Netherlands, if it had something to do with the sign ruling the ascendant in the solar return of the national chart?

What data do you consider to be most relevant to your nation Johan?

johan

Draco Benfoy,do you already know how planet-years can be calculated?

(or anyone else,this is the well-known boostup of my forgotten thread)

Betelgeuse

Draco said:
Hey Legolas! ;)

I'm absolutely mystified as to how these planetary years are derived.

Idea's anyone?

I guess I could give a hand here.

I tried to find out a way to provide such info, the only place was the astrology software ZET 8 LITE.

You will see below, that are 1999-2000 period, so it does not depend on 1 january to have a new planetary year. Every 21 March a new planetary year begins:

Example:

( 20 march 2007, last day of the Moon year, 21 march 2007, first day of the Saturn ).

1999-2000 Moon
2000-2001 Saturn
2001-2002 Jupiter
2002-2003 Mars
2003-2004 Sun
2004-2005 Venus
2005-2006 Mercury

2006-2007 Moon
2007-2008 Saturn
2008-2009 Jupiter
2009-2010 Mars
2010-2011 Sun
2011-2012 Venus
2012-2013 Mercury

I have not written many years, cause is not something hard to memorize. As you can see, the cycle repeats every 7 years at 21 march, Moon-Saturn-Jupiter-Mars-Sun-Venus-Mercury. After Mercury, it's start whit Moon again and so on. We can easily tell that 2013 - 21 march, a new Moon year begins.

I hope this helps cause I cannot find any article or book about planetary years.

Anyway I found out and I think anybody knows this... that there are also planetary hours and planetary days.

Monday - Moon
Tuesday - Mars
Wednesday - Mercury
Thursday - Jupiter
Friday - Venus
Saturday - Saturn
Sunday - Sun

It's easy to remember, but the hour one is a bit complicated to learn.

Planetary hour link:

http://www.renaissanceastrology.com/planetaryhoursarticle.html

Last edited:

johan

You definitely would be a Gryffindor,not like the young mister Malfoy a Slytherin,Draco,despite the same first name you share!For me,yes,Rivendel would be fine right now!(Sorry,must be my Neptune trining my Mercury,loving these phantasyworlds!)

Betelgeuse,thanks for the answer to my question!A Saturn-year next time,see if I can have benefit with this knowledge,and I will look back to earlier years,ito see if I can recognize the influence of those planets!