Black Lives Matter, Marxist?

Dirius

To add on to what Waybread said...

Just because Trump doesn't take deals from politicians doesn't mean he's serving the people. He's obviously there to serve himself and only himself. Who's to say he's not making deals to benefit his own businesses?

Trump is supposed to be a civil servant, but that's not the impression I get from him.

Also, Trump lies and misconstrues many things – he's not that different from a lying politician. Actually, his overt narcissism makes his lies that much more obvious and ridiculous.

Well first because every single campaign promise he made to his voters, he has kept, or tried to and blocked by the democrats. Not every promise has been succesfully implemented, some have only been partial. It is fair to point out he's been in office for 4 years only, and he spent most of his presidency having to fight the stupid impeachment trial, while 2020 will be about dealing with covid19 crisis.

So on the very least he is keeping the promises made to the people who voted for him. So he does seem to serve the interest of those who cast a vote for him.

There is also no record of him profitting from the presidency. If you have evidence to the contrary, or at least a theory about how he's done this, you can show it to everyone.
---
---
Second, yes, Trump is a narcissist. An unapologetic narcissist with bad manners that can't recognise when he's made a mistake, and can never accept blame for anything. He also tries to project an "alpha macho" image. That can be upsetting to some, but may resonate with others.

Who cares?

Is he keeping this promises, or doing a good job? That is all that matters. And many people seem to agree he is.

It is fair to dislike his policy, but that is not the same thing as saying he is not serving the public interest.

Last edited:

Dirius

Just brilliant.

The great majority of Americans are not career politicians. That doesn't mean they are qualified to be President.

You sound like an anarchist.

Or maybe just paranoid.

Hi waybread why was my post racist?

Can you please explain the main topic which was the reason this thread was created? or are you still gonna deflect the question?
:lol:
-- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- --

I'm actually a minarchist, not an anarco-capitalist.

Dirius

Dirius please check your facts before posting madeup facts
Saudi Arabia, Russia, Iraq, Angola plus Brazil are supplying gas and oil to china not US.
copper ??? are you aware that China is 2nd or 3rd in producing copper? they dont need the US for it
gold? China has a lot of gold mines of their own they are buying gold in insane amounts

Are you denying that China is buying oil or gold from the U.S.?

Do the chinese buy gold and copper from the U.S.? They do. The U.S. is the fourth largest producer of gold. And the chinese buy a lot of gold from the U.S. They also buy oil and other products.

Get your facts straight please tik. :cool: rawr!

1)OIL

China does import U.S. oil. They were suspended for a time due to the trade war. It is also necessary to point out "oil" is a generic term for petrochemicals, not of which are all the same. Some types of oil are only manufactured by U.S. companies. Others countries produce crude oil, or refined oil, but not the other:
https://www.eia.gov/dnav/pet/hist/LeafHandler.ashx?n=PET&s=MTTEXCH1&f=M
https://www.worldoil.com/news/2020/...s-oil-to-pick-up-following-trump-s-trade-deal

"U.S. oil exports to China, which had been surging through July 2018, slumped as trade tensions between the two nations escalated. Since then, China has cut back imports, skipping crude purchases form the U.S. altogether in six of the months, according to U.S. Census Bureau data. The Asian nation imposed a 5% tariff on U.S. oil from September, making it less economical for refiners to bring in American supply."

2) GOLD

China has partially lifted restrictions on imports of gold, bullion industry sources said, loosening curbs that had stopped an estimated 300-500 tonnes of the metal worth $15-25 billion at current prices from entering the country since May.
China is the world’s biggest importer of gold, with around 1,500 tonnes of metal worth some $60 billion - equivalent to one-third of the world’s total supply - entering the country last year, according to its customs data.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-...ictions-on-gold-imports-sources-idUSKCN1VC1M7

david starling

Now I see how this discussion connects to the thread topic: It's about China's purchases of both oil and gold, and oil is called "Black Gold"!

BLACK GOLD MATTERS!

Opal

Premium Member
EDIT: On the gold topic, it has been steadily going up for the past few months since March.

The prices at the scrap yard on most metals has been way down, sheet aluminum was down to .17 per pound. The lowest it has been in years.

Click my heels three times and say “it is not a conspiracy”

Dirius

Oh on the subject of China: you guys did know you provide foreign aid to China right?

Like you go to work, and a part of your salaries is taken from you (by force) so the government can hand over free money to the chinese government. Who obviously uses it to bully other nations around the world, and plan the downfall of the U.S. Why you guys are still giving money to the 2nd biggest economy on the world, I have no idea.

Ironic.

david starling

Force of Necessity versus taxes taken by Force of Government: The very poor are forced by necessity to give up 100% of their income.

The very wealthy are forced by the government to give up a much lower % of their income, much of which is used to help the poor survive and better their economic status, and to help the country to continue functioning.

I suggest no income tax on the working class and the lower middle class; and, a no-loopholes, no-slick-tricks flat-rate 10% income tax on the income brackets above that.

eekndyn

Two things in life are certain death and taxes. Got to pay Ceasar what is owed to Ceasar. I agree with reducing taxes significantly. If Biden was to be elected America will see the biggest tax hike in history. As if his proposal were to pass. He would repeal the 2017 tax reform which has helped middle and lower class, added 7 million new jobs and opened doors to many shuttered businesses. It eliminated Obama care which was pressing to families and small businesses.

America now independently producing oil and gas greater than Russia and Saudi combined. I know you don't like him and understand. However, he has done what he said he would do. Bringing sourcing back home.

Although he has been a great benefit for the people, he has another main objective. To give up his golden years to fight a problem that has been normalized in today's society is what I hope to see. Its slowly happening, but it is happening.

david starling

I came up with a label for my political/economic attitude: Preambleist.

Here's what it's about:

Preamble to the United States Constitution

We the People of the United States,
• in order to form a more perfect Union,
• insure Justice,
• insure domestic Tranquility,
• provide for the common defence,
• promote the general Welfare, and
• secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity,
• do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America.

I was careful to keep the upper and lowercase lettering as it was written.
I added the bold print myself, except for the word "Constitution", which was originally in bold print.

The Preambleist Party doesn't require lockstep agreement on exactly what polices will accomplish the goals as expressed in the Preamble, but does consider them all necessary and of equal importance.

Last edited:

Dirius

Jessica Doty Whitaker
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/...-argument-over-black-lives-matter-family-says

An Indiana mother was fatally shot following an argument with a group of people over the Black Lives Matter movement, according to her family.Jessica Doty Whitaker of Indianapolis was killed while walking with her fiance, Jose Ramirez, on July 5. The fatal shooting occurred after 3 a.m. local time when the couple encountered a group of four men and a woman with whom they got into an argument over the Black Lives Matter movement and its messaging.

Whitaker had said "All lives matter" in response to a comment on the Black Lives Matter movement.
-- -- -- -- -- -- -- --

"BUt THey aaAre pEaCCeFUl PrroTesToRRs"!

david starling

Two things in life are certain death and taxes. Got to pay Ceasar what is owed to Ceasar. I agree with reducing taxes significantly. If Biden was to be elected America will see the biggest tax hike in history. As if his proposal were to pass. He would repeal the 2017 tax reform which has helped middle and lower class, added 7 million new jobs and opened doors to many shuttered businesses. It eliminated Obama care which was pressing to families and small businesses.

America now independently producing oil and gas greater than Russia and Saudi combined. I know you don't like him and understand. However, he has done what he said he would do. Bringing sourcing back home.

Although he has been a great benefit for the people, he has another main objective. To give up his golden years to fight a problem that has been normalized in today's society is what I hope to see. Its slowly happening, but it is happening.

You mean those permanent, MASSIVE tax cuts for the Wealthiest, coupled with temporary, miniscule tax breaks for the middle class, millions with inadequate health insurance, policies that are devastating to the Environment and the Wilderness, hurtful cuts to the social-safety-net and worker-safety regulations, along with acerbic rhetoric that has divided the nation?
He did try to eliminate Obama's anti-"Preexisting conditions" requirement, but had to let it stand, because it was so politically unpopular to do so.
He inherited an economy poised to rebound, which would have steadily improved under any President
He hasn't "given up his golden years"--he's a shock-jock, narcissistic megalomaniac, having the time of his life! :sick:

david starling

Jessica Doty Whitaker
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/...-argument-over-black-lives-matter-family-says

An Indiana mother was fatally shot following an argument with a group of people over the Black Lives Matter movement, according to her family.Jessica Doty Whitaker of Indianapolis was killed while walking with her fiance, Jose Ramirez, on July 5. The fatal shooting occurred after 3 a.m. local time when the couple encountered a group of four men and a woman with whom they got into an argument over the Black Lives Matter movement and its messaging.

Whitaker had said "All lives matter" in response to a comment on the Black Lives Matter movement.
-- -- -- -- -- -- -- --

"BUt THey aaAre pEaCCeFUl PrroTesToRRs"!

Shooter unknown: Possibly an enemy of her fiance, who considered it necessary to be carrying a gun himself, or even a clandestine Trump operative, seeing an opportunity to discredit BLM?

It did not happen during the confrontation, which ended peacefully. It happened afterwards, from a distance, shooter anonymous.

Last edited: