Proof Aquarius is ruled by uranus AND Saturn?

tikana

Aquarius is ruled by Saturn because Aquarius is a fixed sign and saturn provides stability
also saturn is an outsider the coldest planet and the farthest away from the Sun

david starling

Aquarius is ruled by Saturn because Aquarius is a fixed sign and saturn provides stability
also saturn is an outsider the coldest planet and the farthest away from the Sun

According to modern-day astronomers Neptune is the furthest full-fledged Planet from the Sun. And, :uranus: is farther out than Saturn as well.

david starling

It's the Uranian influence that benefits from the Fixed-sign quality of Aquarius. Saturn doesn't need it, being a structured, stable influence on its own.

YonyGursho

It's the Uranian influence that benefits from the Fixed-sign quality of Aquarius. Saturn doesn't need it, being a structured, stable influence on its own.

now that I think about it saturn truly is the sign of stability and uranus doesn't have any fixed quality to it.

Uranus is just about innovation put towards the benfit of the masses, and of eccentricity, none of that has anything to do with stability or fixed qualities.

Saturn is about stability and determination. It just so happens that when wielded by Capricorn it apparently uses this energy in a cardinal way and when wielded by aquarius it uses it to stabilize the uranian influence of aquarius.

Last edited:
Yony, you need to move beyond simplistic one-liners. What are you reading these days about astrology?

As a sun-Aquarian, I assert that there is nothing "abnormal" about us. Remember, on Planet Aquarius, we are the normal ones. Aquarius is the fixed air sign.

Saturn has so many interpretations that I don't know where to begin. Saturn rules old age and agriculture. Traditionally it is the Greater Malefic.

Saturn was assigned to Aquarius and Capricorn in ancient times. Since it was the farthest-out planet, it was assigned to the signs the most distant from the sun and moon, both spatially and temporary. (See, for example, Ptolemy's Tetrabiblos from ca. 150 CE.)

Uranus wasn't discovered until 1781.

Well said. ;)

david starling

now that I think about it saturn truly is the sign of stability and uranus doesn't have any fixed quality to it.

Uranus is just about innovation put towards the benfit of the masses, and of eccentricity, none of that has anything to do with stability or fixed qualities.

Saturn is about stability and determination. It just so happens that when wielded by Capricorn it apparently uses this energy in a cardinal way and when wielded by aquarius it uses it to stabilize the uranian influence of aquarius.

Doesn't stabilize it--blocks it.

Gemini888

Trad had an easy time with all the planets and signs going together with no odd one out. When the outer planets came into view, people were forced to assign signs to them without a fixed system like Trad, but by which standard?

David, it would be nice if you can add any mythology that can link Uranus to Aqua, just to expand our knowledge beyond "keywords" :biggrin: Just imagine you just discovered Uranus, and now which sign are you going to assign it to this new planet and why.

david starling

Trad had an easy time with all the planets and signs going together with no odd one out. When the outer planets came into view, people were forced to assign signs to them without a fixed system like Trad, but by which standard?

David, it would be nice if you can add any mythology that can link Uranus to Aqua, just to expand our knowledge beyond "keywords" :biggrin: Just imagine you just discovered Uranus, and now which sign are you going to assign it to this new planet and why.

•Start by numbering the Signs, beginning with Aries as #1.
•As each next outermost is discovered, remove the higher-numbered Sign from the outermost Planet still Domicled in 2 Signs:
•#11 is taken from Saturn, leaving it Domicled in only #10, and given to :uranus:
•#12 is taken from Jupiter, leaving it Domicled in only #9, and given to Neptune.
•#8 is taken from Mars, leaving it Domicled in only #1, and given to Pluto.
•The 2 Planets inside of Earth's orbit, Mercury and Venus, appear as both Morning and Evening planets, suggesting a dual-nature. They each continue to be Domicled in 2 Signs in standard Modernistic astrology.
•As far as sharing a Sign as co-Domicile-ruler, no problem in ancient religions for Neptune and Jupiter--they were brothers, and fought side-by-side in the war of the Titans which temporarily removed Saturn from power.
•Pluto and Mars, also compatible as co-Domicile-rulers in terms of ancient religions.
•Ancient religious PROOF of the incompatibility of Saturn and Uranos* as co-Domicile-rulers: Saturn castrated his father Uranos, and permanently removed him from the pantheon of ancient gods. Doesn't get anymore incompatible than that! :pinched:

*["Uranus" is a patently incorrect spelling of Uranos, so I use the correct one.]

david starling

I wonder what would happen if there were two more planets for Virgo and Libra :sideways:

Stay tuned for a full rendition of 12/12, in which the Asc and Age-indicator, both functions of the all-important Earth/Sun relationship, become the necessary addition of 2 new Domicle-rulers. Hint: Mercury keeps Gemini and Venus keeps Libra. It's by pattern. :biggrin:

Uranian influence encourages us and enables us to go beyond the materialistic limitations and restrictions represented by Saturnian influence.

Yes.
Though you make Uranus sound gentle almost, and I wouldn't always call it that. Maybe if Uranus is trining or sextiling by transit or natal. But for those who have or are going through oppositions or squares, it's probably not feeling like a nice guy opening a door for us.

david starling

Yes.
Though you make Uranus sound gentle almost, and I wouldn't always call it that. Maybe if Uranus is trining or sextiling by transit or natal. But for those who have or are going through oppositions or squares, it's probably not feeling like a nice guy opening a door for us.

It's still a struggle, I agree. I have it both significantly Trined and Squared. And, Saturn keeps putting on the brakes.

Gemini888

Saturn will also show us how much we've accomplished. When it hits the midheaven by transit, we can often receive the rewards of all the work done since it squared or opposed the midheaven.

One of the advantages of getting old...
Not so sure about that... Transit Saturn is currently up my MC, and I may have accomplished something, but I'm currently drown in guilt that I'm not good enough.

drowning in guilt sounds a bit more like Neptune.
the first time Saturn was conjunct my midheaven I failed, massively.
Like I said getting old.
But then again I can't promise you did whatever it was Saturn was preaching when it squared your midheaven a few years ago...