My Natal Chart exploration!

junetown

I was wondering if I could use this thread as a public area to sort through and get a good grasp of my natal chart? By this, I mean I would do the work myself, but show it publically here.

I think it might help to know if I mess up something (i am VERY new to this) that more experienced chart readers may be able to point it out, or answer some questions should I get confused.

If this is okay, please let me know and I'll keep adding on!

Thanks for reading!

junetown

Okay here's what I have so far. Anything in red is something that I'm not too sure about, and will figure out later or get help.

My natal chart, as reference.

natal_chart__NOT_MY_CREATION__by_junetown.jpg

I read http://www.geocities.com/wilsontctc/index.html for most of the information I gathered, it really is very helpful and was shown to me by a moderator here who's name I will put in when I go back and find it. (It's wilsontc! Thanks!)

I took everything I understood (overstatement right now) and put it into very basic descriptions, which I'll try and go back over to figure them out to a deeper extent.

I choose to keep Chiron in my area of focus, because I truely believe it had a huge impact on my life.

Star positions with signs and houses

Thinking modifies Home focused on Spiritual
Being modifies Physical and Relationships focused on Friends
Spiritual modifies Thinking focused on Friends
Spiritual modifies Self-Expression focused on Friends
Spiritual modifies Expansion focused on Duty
Duty modifies Spiritual focused on Transformation
Expansion modifies Being focused on Relationships
Expansion modifies Friends focused on Relationships
Expansion modifies Duty focused on Relationships
Transformation modifies Transformation on Daily Work

Oppositions
count: 3

Home opposition Duty
Chiron opposition Duty
Ascending opposition Duty

Squares
count: 12

Self Expression square Being
Self Expression square Friends
Self Expression square Spiritual
Home square Expansion
Thinking square Being
Thinking square Friends
Thinking square Spirituality
Physical and Relationships square Spiritual
Expansion square Duty
Expansion square Chiron
Expansion square Ascending
Transformation square Midheaven

Conjunctions
count: 5

Self Expression conjunct Thinking
Home conjunct Chiron
Home conjunct Ascending
Being conjunct Friends
Chiron conjunct Ascending

Quincunx
count: 6(possibly 5)

Home quincunx Spiritual
Physical and Relationships quincunx Transformation
Duty (upside down?)quincunx Transformation
Spiritual quincunx Ascending
Transformation quincunx Chiron
Transformation quincunx Ascending

Sextiles
count: 7

Home sextile Physical and Relationships
Physical and Relationships sextile Chiron
Physical and Relationships sextile Ascending
Physical and Relationships sextile Midheaven
Expansion sextile Spiritual
Duty sextile Midheaven
Spiritual sextile Transformation

Trines
count: 4

Home trine Midheaven
Physical and Relationships trine Duty
Expansion trine Transformation
Chiron trine Midheaven

Now I know I need to go back over them and figure out exactly how they apply to me, as opposed to the generic sentences. I did write down the sub keywords from the website, so things that say "Friends" and such, I am aware can mean something else entirely.

I also kept both basic keywords for Venus in my list above, just in case I forget that Venus rules more than one sign.

That's all I've done so far. More to come.

Last edited:

Arian Maverick

I'm not going to say much here because you're doing a very good job following Tim's (wilsontc's) guide, but I think you'll want to explore the Moon conjunct your Ascendant because the orb is so tight. I have the Moon conjunct my Ascendant as well in the sign of Aries, and I can attest to the influence it has had upon both my appearance and my personality. The aspects that the Moon receives will influence how it is expressed in your chart, but I'm willing to wager that despite your Gemini Ascendant, you are heavily influenced by your emotions; it is the lens through which you view the world. You may have pale skin, a round face, and a somewhat curvaceous body, although again, the sign on your Ascendant (Gemini) influences one's appearance, and Gemini is generally thought of as a slim sign. Aries is usually tall and slim too, though, but the Moon has overridden the Aries influence in that regard.

Your Gemini Moon receives too important aspects--an opposition from Saturn on your Descendant (another important influence) and a square aspect from a highly dignified, angular Jupiter in your tenth house. I haven't looked at the essential dignity of all the planets in your natal chart, but it seems clear to me that Jupiter is by far the strongest planet in your chart; it also receives accidental dignity by its placement in the angular tenth house. Jupiter is particularly important in your chart because it rules your fused Mercury-Sun conjunction in Pisces.

This tight Mercury-Sun conjunction is another point of interest, as well as the Mars-Uranus conjunction it squares. I'd say that the aspects I've described formed the crux of your chart.

Good luck with your studies; you've begun an amazing journey of self-discovery that never ends ;)

Arian Maverick

junetown

Arian Maverick said:
I'm not going to say much here because you're doing a very good job following Tim's (wilsontc's) guide, but I think you'll want to explore the Moon conjunct your Ascendant because the orb is so tight. I have the Moon conjunct my Ascendant as well in the sign of Aries, and I can attest to the influence it has had upon both my appearance and my personality. The aspects that the Moon receives will influence how it is expressed in your chart, but I'm willing to wager that despite your Gemini Ascendant, you are heavily influenced by your emotions; it is the lens through which you view the world. You may have pale skin, a round face, and a somewhat curvaceous body, although again, the sign on your Ascendant (Gemini) influences one's appearance, and Gemini is generally thought of as a slim sign. Aries is usually tall and slim too, though, but the Moon has overridden the Aries influence in that regard.

Your Gemini Moon receives too important aspects--an opposition from Saturn on your Descendant (another important influence) and a square aspect from a highly dignified, angular Jupiter in your tenth house. I haven't looked at the essential dignity of all the planets in your natal chart, but it seems clear to me that Jupiter is by far the strongest planet in your chart; it also receives accidental dignity by its placement in the angular tenth house. Jupiter is particularly important in your chart because it rules your fused Mercury-Sun conjunction in Pisces.

This tight Mercury-Sun conjunction is another point of interest, as well as the Mars-Uranus conjunction it squares. I'd say that the aspects I've described formed the crux of your chart.

Good luck with your studies; you've begun an amazing journey of self-discovery that never ends ;)

Arian Maverick

Thank you for the observations.

My ascending line worries me greatly LOL (stupid chiron) so your input is more than welcome. I am extremely emotional(though i do hide it to more extreme extents.) Another member made a comment that the moon ruled my ascending, as opposed to gemini, because its influence is so strong. I find it all really interesting and I'm glad to know I'm not alone here.

As far as appearance, mostly right. I look so much like my mom, who is a leo, but I am taller than her by an inch or so (5'7"). I was extremely skinny until I turned 18, I quit smoking for awhile and got a huge appetite. Now I'd say I'm a healthy weight, but gain much easier now, so more curves would apply in my adulthood. I'm also very pale, as you figured, but was not always. I can get very dark if I stay active outdoors, but I do not anymore.

I'm going to look into everything Jupiter touches, that should be interesting. Thank you for pointing out it's importance. Also, thanks for the mod's name, so I can edit my old post now!

Arian Maverick

Thank you for the observations.

My ascending line worries me greatly LOL (stupid chiron) so your input is more than welcome. I am extremely emotional(though i do hide it to more extreme extents.) Another member made a comment that the moon ruled my ascending, as opposed to gemini, because its influence is so strong. I find it all really interesting and I'm glad to know I'm not alone here.

No, Chiron isn't stupid at all; he carries with him many gifts, including the gift of healing, but Chiron conjunct your Ascendant does indicate a wound regarding your sense of identity and possibly with childhood, which is sometimes equated to the first house. I would research the myth of Chiron and see if you can connect it with the astrology; some astrologers are against assigning characteristics to a planet or to another astronomical body based upon ancient mythology, yet if one believes in astrology, I believe one ascribes to the theory of synchronicity to some degree, that the Universe is ordered and planets/astronomical bodies are discovered at certain times in history when humanity is receptive to the planet's energies, and their names are ascribed for a particular reason.

As far as appearance, mostly right. I look so much like my mom, who is a leo, but I am taller than her by an inch or so (5'7").

I look very much like my own mother, also--the Moon rules the mother and the Ascendant rules one's physical appearance, so this is right in line with the Moon conjunct the Ascendant.

I was extremely skinny until I turned 18, I quit smoking for awhile and got a huge appetite. Now I'd say I'm a healthy weight, but gain much easier now, so more curves would apply in my adulthood.

Yes, I tend to think this is usually the case; other planetary placements may indicate this, but I tend to believe that those with the Moon conjunct Ascendant can sometimes turn to food for emotional comfort and support. Even if we don't, the Moon is tied with female hormones and such, which can do crazy things to ones weight.

I'm also very pale, as you figured, but was not always. I can get very dark if I stay active outdoors, but I do not anymore.

This is interesting; I'll have to keep a mental note.

I'm going to look into everything Jupiter touches, that should be interesting. Thank you for pointing out it's importance.

Jupiter in Pisces is a wonderful placement, but I'm viewing it from the outside. My brother was born the same year you were, though, and I tend to think of it as a gentle influence.

Also, thanks for the mod's name, so I can edit my old post now!

No problem; you'll begin to learn the names of forum members and moderators soon enough ;)

I'll leave this thread to any other member who may wish to respond.

Arian Maverick

junetown

Cracking down on Jupiter's influences! Keep in mind, this is only the first time I've done it. I'm sure this stuff could change dramatically as I make more sense of it all in time.

Home square Expansion
This makes sense, but hard to put into words. I'm somewhat of a recluse, I still live with my parents. Emotions hinder progress. Issues with routine and structure in order to live happily between home time and outside time. I also spent a few years refusing to leave my house (on and off) for anything not necessary. I am a lot better about it now, though. I'm somehow managing to balance a real life with alone time. I still have no desire to do anything that is spontaneous and not routine, as far as getting out.

Expansion square Duty
Makes sense. My duties (babysitting my sister for a living), and a lot of the things associated with Saturn have hindered many types of personal expansion. This could also explain authority (parents) never pushing me to strive for high goals.

Expansion square Chiron
He's been holding me back my whole life. Identity crisis hindering expansion, is what I'm assuming.

This probably is another way of saying "Home square Expansion" considering my moon influence.

Expansion sextile Spiritual
Well at least Jupiter gets something to work with. I hope this is to say that my Spiritual world and the influences of Jupiter can work in harmony. I'd say they do. I'm very drawn to music and art, and they help me expand my mind and to learn. I feel very connected with these things. My mind also allows me to do some inner exploration, I am a day dreamer and a constant thinker - after all.

The fact that these two are trine elates me. But I'm afraid I don't know what this yet means for me.

This will probably be all for tonight, I've got to go get ready and leave. Have a good evening or day or night or afternoon or morning all.

EJ53

Banned

Jupiter can also mean wisdom - so, possibly transformation through wisdom (eg. by studying/understanding your chart).

Here, Jupiter could mean optimism. Since Ascending can indicate how we are seen by those who do not know us well, the square here may indicate that you do not come across to strangers as "upbeat".

Expansion square Chiron

Can you explain why you feel Chiron is such a strong influence in your life - just in case it might be something else.

Note

Don't forget the interceptions that Flea mentioned in another thread. Too early to explore them yet, but they need to be noted from the outset.

EJ:)

Last edited:

junetown

EJ53 said:

Jupiter can also mean wisdom - so, possibly transformation through wisdom (eg. by studying/understanding your chart).

Here, Jupiter could mean optimism. Since Ascending can indicate how we are seen by those who do not know us well, the square here may indicate that you do not come across to strangers as "upbeat".

Expansion square Chiron

Can you explain why you feel Chiron is such a strong influence in your life - just in case it might be something else.

Note

Don't forget the interceptions that Flea mentioned in another thread. Too early to explore them yet, but they need to be noted from the outset.

Thank you for bringing me back down to earth, EJ! I like the way you interpret things better than the way I do it. Perhaps because my wording is too personal and too specific, it's harder to relate when I'm trying to directly connect it with my life. Why would I be here if I knew who I was already? Pshaw!

About Chiron, a few things people have said about the asteroid have hit home. Issues with identity, feeling as though others do not understand me. They're extremely prominate issues that I've dealt with most of my life. Sort of feeling lost or like I just missed out on something that everyone else got. Perhaps I'm just too sensitive, it could be a pisces/moon thing. I don't know.

junetown

EJ53 said:
Hmmm...........recently, I've been getting this kind of unexpected feedback on my comments a lot. Guess it's time for me to stop until I work out why.

Generally though, my point here was that using another keyword we can sometimes see an aspect differently and/or open up a blockage in our thinking.

it wasn't sarcasm. i thought it was a good thing? why stop? :( you were able to step back and look at the big picture, i was only appreciative.

EJ53

Banned
EJ53 said:
...........recently, I've been getting this kind of unexpected feedback on my comments a lot. Guess it's time for me to stop until I work out why.

and

junetown said:
it wasn't sarcasm.

Yep - the problem is with me. Some difficult planetary transits appear to have been making me "prickly". Sorry.

junetown

Okay! Today I did research on Chiron, only to find that what I suspected was correct. Actually, the first site I found today was all the searching I needed to do. It explained Chiron in all the aspects I had it, and was dead on.

It was also a little revealing, unnerving, and at the end of it I decided to take a step back before I went any further, and maybe practice by looking at other people's charts.

So I looked at my friend Dan's, who openly admits to being content with almost everything in his life except for lack of success with women.

I went straight to his Venus to observe.

His Venus is trine Pluto, so I suspect that women with gifts in areas affiliated with Pluto would be best for him. Those are transformation (also power, control, psychology, occult, sex, and death.) Perhaps a woman who will retain her own power and control in a relationship would be best. Or perhaps a woman of darker nature (we do have many "alternative" lifestyle friends).

His Venus is quincunx Mercury, and so I suspect there may be issues with the way he communicates with women and also the jokes he tells them to get their attention. Perhaps these can be good things once he learns to do it in a more approachable manner.

His Venus is also square Chiron, indicating his biggest struggle, with a Trine from Chiron straight to his Sun. Perhaps a fix in Self Expression and dating styles could free him of his woes.

:D

EJ53

Banned
junetown said:
...I decided to.....practice by looking at other people's charts....

The best way to learn is by analysing your own chart. But, stay away from Chiron for now - it's probably the most painful area for any of us to examine in relation to ourselves.

Try looking next at the Moon, in the way you did with Jupiter.

(Note : I agreed with your analysis for Dan - but think there may be other aspects that would "colour" the interpretations (eg. Pluto/Mercury and Sun/Venus).

junetown

lilith research here (for anyone who would like to discuss lilith in my chart, or theirs, or in general): http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=10393

lilith reference: http://www.angelfire.com/az/zodiacenterprises/LILART.html

moon research reference: http://www.skyviewzone.com/astrology/aspectsmoon.htm

Moon opposition Saturn:

This aspect lets me know that I am too hard on myself, and perhaps am worth more than I imagine.

I hope this is true, I am very hard on myself, but I do have a hard time seeing that I am better than I imagine - and I don't quite know how to remedy this yet.

The site recommends an active and constructive attempt towards a goal.

Moon square Jupiter:

I know I already did an interpretation on this, but the site had something else entirely to say about it, and was pretty accurate.

Basically I get too involved in things, am too passionate about stuff whereas other people may think I am blowing things out of proportion. I also have huge issues with people taking me seriously.

When upset, I indulge immediately.

Moon quincunx Neptune:

Yet another thing that points to my ultra sensitivity. I take small comments as attacks an tend to find a way to escape, or retreat.

Spaced out and meditative states often help me to come back to myself and observe reality from another perspective, so long as I do not turn them into negative self reflections (which I often do.)

It implies natural psychic ability, but this is something I am not so sure about. I am only somewhat intuitive.

Moon sextile Venus:

Implies that I am charming when the moment calls for it, and can do okay in most social situations.

I am very attatched to nostalgic objects and ideals, I hold them with great sentimental value.

Music and the arts calm my spirits.

EJ53

Banned
Junetown said:
Home square Expansion
This makes sense, but hard to put into words. I'm somewhat of a recluse, I still live with my parents. Emotions hinder progress. Issues with routine and structure in order to live happily between home time and outside time. I also spent a few years refusing to leave my house (on and off) for anything not necessary. I am a lot better about it now, though. I'm somehow managing to balance a real life with alone time. I still have no desire to do anything that is spontaneous and not routine, as far as getting out.

and

Moon square Jupiter:

I know I already did an interpretation on this, but the site had something else entirely to say about it, and was pretty accurate.

Basically I get too involved in things, am too passionate about stuff whereas other people may think I am blowing things out of proportion. I also have huge issues with people taking me seriously.

When upset, I indulge immediately.

The "wilsontc site" teaches you how to put together an interpretation yourself, whilst other sites give you their interpretation/do it for you. So, the "moon square jupiter" interpretation above = "emotions square/challenge expansion" using Wilsontc's site approach. A different interpretaion only because of a different keyword (home/emotions).

With Wilsontc/Tim's method you have less need to rely on "cookbook" interpretations and get a better understanding of how astrology works - so you learn more in less time. So, why not now review these moon interpretations in the light of Tim's method to see if you understand how they are arrived at?

(You also might find it useful to look at wilsontc's posts on this site, as they provide excellent examples of how his method works in practice.)

Maybe you should look at your Mercury aspects next, as this is the ruler of your Ascendant and competes with the Moon as ruler of your chart.

junetown

EJ53 said:
The "wilsontc site" teaches you how to put together an interpretation yourself, whilst other sites give you their interpretation/do it for you. So, the "moon square jupiter" interpretation above = "emotions square/challenge expansion" using Wilsontc's site approach. A different interpretaion only because of a different keyword (home/emotions).

With Wilsontc/Tim's method you have less need to rely on "cookbook" interpretations and get a better understanding of how astrology works - so you learn more in less time. So, why not now review these moon interpretations in the light of Tim's method to see if you understand how they are arrived at?

(You also might find it useful to look at wilsontc's posts on this site, as they provide excellent examples of how his method works in practice.)

Maybe you should look at your Mercury aspects next, as this is the ruler of your Ascendant and competes with the Moon as ruler of your chart.

yes, when i first did the interpretations, i did use different keywords when trying to figure out what it meant. but, i got so confused! perhaps i can try again, the planets might not have been in my favor that day, hehe.

i thought also of a backwards approach. (and please keep in mind, with you suggesting that i learn more in less time - i am trying desperately to learn patience and taking my time with things.)

if i took basic, good, interpretations, and wrote down notes (not all of my notes are in this forum) - what if i then noticed behaviors and then placed them where they would belong?

for example, say i had a notebook full of interpretations and noticed it upsets me when people call me and let the phone ring 10 times before hanging up, i could maybe then look to my notes and be able to place the behavior. (might be a bad example. i also have a hard time expressing my ideas sometimes.)

it would take longer, but it could possibly ensure the most accurate interpretations for myself.

it's just an idea, but is it a good one from an outsider's perspective?

Last edited:

EJ53

Banned
Junetown said:
if i took basic, good, interpretations, and wrote down notes (not all of my notes are in this forum) - what if i then noticed behaviors and then placed them where they would belong?

for example, say i had a notebook full of interpretations and noticed it upsets me when people call me and let the phone ring 10 times before hanging up, i could maybe then look to my notes and be able to place the behavior. (might be a bad example. i also have a hard time expressing my ideas sometimes.)

Good idea. But, it would be better to focus on keywords rather than interpretations - wilsontc's method rather than "cookbook" consultation.

The problem with using full interpretations is that it conditions our minds to think (for example) moon conjunct venus means "this"/the text book interpretation. But, in practice, you will rarely encounter a chart where the aspect operates exactly as stated in the text books. So, it is better to keep your mind open to all the possible interpretations rather than limit it to one.

It sounds daunting, but it's actually easier than what you are trying to do - and less time consuming.

junetown

UNFINISHED AND OVERANALYZED (LOL) MERCURY.

this is a really confusing read (below), but I feel like I started to make progress at the very end of all my rambling, just by looking at it in a different perspective.

------------

Mercury (Thinking. Also writing, talking, communicating, details, sales, and joking.)

Pisces modifies Mercury focused on the 11th house.
Spiritual Thinking and/or Daily Work focused on Friends.

Mercury conjunct Sun:
gonna dodge this one for now, since most people have this aspect and I'm not too sure how degrees work yet.

Mercury square Mars.

Spiritual Thinking and/or Daily Work focused on Friends needs to be combined with Expansion Being focused on Relationships.

Mercury square Uranus

Spiritual Thinking and/or Daily Work focused on Friends needs to be combined with Duty Friends focused on Relationships.

Mercury square Neptine

Spiritual Thinking and/or Daily Work focused on Friends needs to be combined with Duty Spiritual focused on Relationships.

--- here's where i start to get confused LOL ---

Communication issues in the social realms of my life? I would think so. It's very hard for me, even when using different keywords in these sentences, to make any clear sense of it beyond that.

I suppose I was taking the easy route, being that the web interpretations were easy to find and fairly accurate. But, no, they aren't me. They're generalizations and I am not a generalization.

What about issues with my spiritual/subconcious health?

What about issues with confusion and communication, or perhaps confused thinking?

The 11th house may not just entail Friends, but also my social life on the computer.

It could also mean confusion in terms of how to restructure/structure who I am in public situations, among friends.

It could also mean my artistic daily (yeah right, not with my motivation) work on the computer. :(

This is so frustrating. I'm going to try getting deeper into these meanings, though.

--- this is where i figure out a helpful way for me to look at it ---

Emotional Learning modifies Social Learning focused on Social Security.

(i doubt we'll have social security checks when i get to that age.)

(perhaps i should stop being a joker and get to work on this!)

So my emotional learning modifies my social learning, which effects my social security. And this could probably be shown through the times that I am in public and feeling "awkward". Perhaps I am too emotional in social situations, and let it effect the way I should understand social situations.

This could mean I am inclined to let things like day dreaming (or my ideal scenarious) rule the outcome of what I think will happen in social situations, as opposed to what really WILL happen, thus making me insecure in my social setting because I do not fully understand the way that OTHER people work.

Not to be too repetative, but to summarize in my own words: What I learn emotionally will tend to effect the way I learn socially, and this will show most prominantly in social situations.

(Perhaps I expect others to be like me at times, too? I will think on this.)

I have plans tonight, so I must go out! But this was helpful, I should pay attention to what I do in social situations tonight.

Thanks so much for your help, EJ.

Last edited by a moderator:

wilsontc

Staff member
great job! to June

June,

Great job! You have done a wonderful example of putting together "astro-sentences" using the keywords. All I have to add to the discussion is one easy way to find out which of the planets are more important in the chart is to look at the lines that are connected to them. Jupiter (expansion) has more lines connected to it than any other planet. Another way to look at Jupiter is it is about "wisdom", so the need to know is VERY strong in your chart...as we know from all your great astrological work! :)

Knowing,

Tim

junetown

Thanks Tim!

Another note on Jupiter ...

I've been particularly crazy about figuring out/learning who I am in the past year (and 'expanding' who I am by increasing my knowledge and even expanding my music collection and my art gallery!). Come to find out, Jupiter is currently in my Sagitarius.

I knew it wasn't just typical youth curiousity!

No wonder all of this identity issue stuff is driving me more insane than ever.

Pluto will enter my sagitarius in a matter of a year or a few years, I think! And has recently (in the past year or so, I would suppose) entered my 8th house. This is exciting! Actual hard/noticable change? Finally some emotional security? Let's hope!

Last edited: