Random Thoughts, strictly Text

david starling

A joke for those who think it's funny, or at least amusing:

A newspaper reporter, who happens to be a vegan and a "health-nut", is interviewing an able-bodied, mentally sharp, 103 year-old man who lives in a remote, rural area.

He asks the inevitable question, "To what do you attribute your long and healthy life?"

The man replies, "Several things--good tasting water from my well, clean air up here in the mountains, and food from my own garden. Most importantly though, I have a strict rule NEVER to argue with ANYONE about ANYTHING."

The reporter is pleased with these answers, and asks, "Anything else that kept you going strong all these years?"

"Well, yeah," says the old man. "I've been drinking a pint of good whiskey a day, and smoking my own homegrown tobacco since I was a teenager--don't know how I would have made it without that!"

The reporter is outraged. "That's the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard! That stuff will kill you. It couldn't POSSIBLY have have enabled you to live so long!!!:mad:

To which the old man replies, "You know, you're probably right!".
:whistling:

Last edited:

petosiris

Banned
Every religion can claim martyrdom, for example the martyrs (if we can call them such, rather than murderers) of 9/11 died for their beliefs and the traditions of their forefathers, likewise Jews, Catholics, Orthodox and Protestants all have martyrs who died for very different belief systems.

But the persecution and martyrdom of the apostles of Jesus Christ was different chiefly in this - they were eyewitnesses of what they died for. Let one explain why they would prefer chains, persecutions and death (from both the Gentiles and the Jews) rather than to profit from their supposed lie about the resurrection of our Lord.

Last edited:

conspiracy theorist

Raku your pms are full so I'll just post the response here

Let's see... controlled hysteria might be a good descriptor. First confirmed case on Tuesday, by a couple of hours after the announcement every 3rd person had on either gloves or a mask. Schools are out for 14 days. Sanitizers, bottled water, bleach, Lysol and cleaning products of all kinds have been sold out. One businessman told me and an associate that he was able to sell 241 cases of hand sanitizer IN A DAY. Yesterday I went to the gas station and the security guard sprayed my hands. Today they installed hand sanitizing dispensers all.over the building. And much much more.

Personal plans will be gravely affected by the response to the outbreak.

How is your place dealing with it?

david starling

Raku your pms are full so I'll just post the response here

Let's see... controlled hysteria might be a good descriptor. First confirmed case on Tuesday, by a couple of hours after the announcement every 3rd person had on either gloves or a mask. Schools are out for 14 days. Sanitizers, bottled water, bleach, Lysol and cleaning products of all kinds have been sold out. One businessman told me and an associate that he was able to sell 241 cases of hand sanitizer IN A DAY. Yesterday I went to the gas station and the security guard sprayed my hands. Today they installed hand sanitizing dispensers all.over the building. And much much more.

Personal plans will be gravely affected by the response to the outbreak.

How is your place dealing with it?

So, after 14 days, schools are back in session, come what may, come what might? What good does that do? :annoyed: