SOUTH NODE vs. 12th HOUSE

NRodin

The 12th house tells us what sign and/or planets feel invisible or washed out. Whatever is in the 12th house will out of focus in some way. The South Node are blatant gifts that may be so blatant that it is hard to recognize them due to how compulsive they are within your everyday life. That being said, these characteristics fall in your lap and always have.

For example, I have my South Node in Cancer in the 2nd house; understanding emotions and physical security are two things I was born with. I have Taurus in the 12th house, so my ability to understand and fully appreciate things like art, personal stability, and an obstinate nature, seems kind of hazy and strange to me. Though when I dive a bit deeper into these subjects I will find a skill that I can selflessly offer to the world and it will help transcend my life into the next, as it is the final house of the chart and the ending point of this lifetime.

ashriia

I have Taurus in the 12th house, so my ability to understand and fully appreciate things like art, personal stability, and an obstinate nature, seems kind of hazy and strange to me. Though when I dive a bit deeper into these subjects I will find a skill that I can selflessly offer to the world and it will help transcend my life into the next

Where is your natal venus placed? and what are her aspects? that needs to be taken into account for what you mentioned. As libra/taurus/venus in 12th house are often highly attuned to the arts from day one, it's just done behind the scenes or has a spiritual association with it.

Julia Karmic Astrology

Hello Astro7,

Both the SN and 12h show past life material, but are a bit different.

The 12h is the main karmic house in the chart, and shows the debits on the karmic credit card. Planets in the sign have very heavy karmic connotations. They are showing the results of past actions, personal or collective. 12h is showing the issues the soul is dealing with, and drives or the unconscious which must be balanced.

If the house is empty, look to the sign on the cusp of the house, the placement of its ruler to give indications of karmic pattern. It is a clear request to resolve the karma in this lifetime.

The NN shows purpose, evolution and present and future progress.
The SN represents past deeply ingrained patterns of behavior, past lives, all that has gone before. The goal would be to take the good traits of the SN sign, and leave the negative ones behind.

Talents brought forward from past lives would be the 2h which is the karmic gift house, a credit on the karmic charge card. But easy aspects are also showing talents and gifts as well.

The Sun conjunct the SN means that the soul has been working on the sign energy in other lives, and is meant to refine the positive energies of the sign and use them in a constructive way towards soul growth, capitalizing on skills acquired in past lives. And yes the SN can be a comfort zone, and cause stagnation. But there are energies and abilities from the SN to incorporate into NN work.

12h Moon indicates karma with mothering or being mothered. The sign will give you the type of issue around mothering. Rejection and abandonment issues may be present. It can also indicate problems with emotional issues.

Yes, the Sun and Moon are karmic markers, the Sun is present life, the Moon is past lives.
The fact they are placed in the nodal axis or 12h is a strong message that you are meant to work on the karmic issues being shown.

One way that karmic astrology differs from TA, is that we don’t move planets around in the chart. This is somewhat horrifying to me when I see this. The soul has taken a great deal of care, preparation, and planning when deciding upon the exact time of birth and location, in order to receive the cosmic dusting necessary to achieve certain goals and lessons.

So KA play it as it lays. If you have the exact time of birth, make sure your moon is in its correct house. I would interpret your Moon as in the 11h. That interpretation is about friends and group karma, and the moon placed there would be about women, nurturing, etc.

Hope this helps.

Julia

Lin

Please state the sign the s. node occupies ....and if it is conjunct the moon.
Also if it is the same sign as the 12th house cusp or the ASC.
LIN

Stellium6th

Where is your natal venus placed? and what are her aspects? that needs to be taken into account for what you mentioned. As libra/taurus/venus in 12th house are often highly attuned to the arts from day one, it's just done behind the scenes or has a spiritual association with it.

Do you relate the 12th to certain professions/activities? Interesting