Chart Patterns and How You View the World

estitom

I would say that what happens to me is dependent on what I do. I often feel like a victim, that the circumstances aren't in my favor, but eventually I get so mad at it that I take charge. :tongue:

The answer to second question is that I want people to recognize it, but not necessarily in the conventional way. I'm graduating from university in a couple of months, and although I'd be happy if people showed up to the ceremony, it's not necessary. What's necessary is that they later notice the difference that graduation will bring (in this case, hopefully a higher income :innocent:)

Attachments

• astro_2gw_01_sarah_tomasson_ho.41401.1485.gif
    astro_2gw_01_sarah_tomasson_ho.41401.1485.gif
    48.8 KB · Views: 34

Osamenor

Staff member
I have planets in houses 4, 5, 7, 10 and 12.

And which sides of your chart have the most planets (don't forget to give extra weight to the sun and moon)?

Based on the number breakdown, it sounds like you have more planets in the western hemisphere, but without the numbers and without your chart, for all we know, you could have just one planet each in houses 4, 5, and 7 and everything else, including the sun and moon, in houses 10 and 12--which would give you eastern hemisphere dominance. Same with the upper/lower hemispheres: all but 3 of your planets could be concentrated in the fourth and fifth houses, for all we know.

Based on your response to question 1, I would guess that you have a roughly equal balance between east and west, and if it's not a perfectly equal split, the slightly higher concentration is in the west... is that correct? My other guess is that either your sun is in the west and your moon is in the east, or vice versa, since that would keep things more equal than having them both on the same side of the chart.

Based on how you answered question 2, I would guess there's a close to equal balance between upper and lower hemispheres with the lower one slightly weighted... although the actual breakdown of houses suggests more in the upper hemisphere, unless the houses above the horizon just have one planet each.

Osamenor

Staff member
1. Both, definitely.

2. It depends. I want a medium-large wedding with all of my family and friends there, but I didn't go to my college graduation, for example. I think it depends on how unique or personal I see the event as being. My wedding will be only my wedding but there were tons of people going to my graduation so I just thought, "Eh".

I have all planets in houses 4 to 9, except Mars/Jupiter which are in the 10th. Planets are split equally above and below the horizon in modern astro. In traditional Moon and Saturn are the only planets below the horizon.

Interesting, you just disproved my hypothesis with your answer to question 1! Western hemisphere dominant, including sun and moon in the west, but your answer to that question sounds like someone with a roughly equal balance between east and west.

How you answered #2 sounds like what I expected people with roughly equal upper/lower hemispheres to say... but the previous posts show they don't always say that kind of thing, either.

Do you have a concentration of planets around your MC, by any chance? If you have some that are close to your MC but in the ninth house, maybe they take on a balance of east/west.

Osamenor

Staff member
I would say that what happens to me is dependent on what I do. I often feel like a victim, that the circumstances aren't in my favor, but eventually I get so mad at it that I take charge. :tongue:
Interesting... you have a slight dominance of planets in the western hemisphere. That seems to fit with often feeling like a victim with circumstances not in your favor. But then you take charge in response... so, apparently, that eastern hemisphere balance kicks in. You didn't say both in answer to that question, but your expanded answer sounds closer to a "both" than to one or the other.

I notice that you have Mars at your IC. Maybe that's what drives both the feelings of powerlessness and the take-charge anger.

The answer to second question is that I want people to recognize it, but not necessarily in the conventional way. I'm graduating from university in a couple of months, and although I'd be happy if people showed up to the ceremony, it's not necessary. What's necessary is that they later notice the difference that graduation will bring (in this case, hopefully a higher income :innocent:)
Hmmm... based on your planet count, you're lower hemisphere dominant with both lights below the horizon... but this sounds closer to a roughly equal balance. Maybe it has something to do with having been born right before sunrise? Your sun is just a few degrees below the horizon, close enough for conjunction with your AC... sounds to me like the kind of recognition you want matches a "right before sunrise" moment. The graduation itself, nice but not that important... but recognition for what it leads to--that future after sunrise, metaphorically--is very important to you.

Last edited:

Osamenor

Staff member
Interesting research!

I have most of my planets on the left side of my chart. Houses 11-3. (4 above horizon, 3 below) I have 3 outer planets on the right side of my chart all outer planets, all rx, and below the horizon. Houses 4-6.

I do things which are meaningful to me. I don't take advice from others in relation to my own life. As I know what feels right and is best for me. It's nice to get recognition for something I've accomplished but I don't do it for that reason.

I don't care about public ceremonies. They usually take place in summer and are uncomfortable anyway. And I dislike being the focus of large groups of people. Love being incognito.

I am not interested in marriage or legal involvement in my love life/relationships. But if I did marry, I'd only invite close family(no relatives) and few friends and would keep it simple, yet special in some personal way.

If a good friend dies, I go to the funeral. Out of respect and love for my friend. I've missed too many funerals due to circumstance, and it always s*cks! I also do my own rituals at home when someone I love passes. I'm sentimental that way.

Great response, and you sort of answered my first question there, but not explicitly. "I know what feels right and best for me" sounds like you feel in control of your own life, but really, how do you experience life: as the result of what you do, or as the result of your circumstances and the things that happen to you? If you would say both, do you feel that your choices are in response to your circumstances, or that your circumstances come about as a result of your choices and actions? (I'll amend my first post when I have time, because I think that might be a better way to word the question.)

StillOne

And which sides of your chart have the most planets (don't forget to give extra weight to the sun and moon)?

Number of Planets in Houses:
House 4: 3 Planets (Pluto, Sun & Uranus)
House 5: 3 Planets (Mercury, Venus & Neptune)
House 7: 1 Planet (Jupiter)
House 10: 1 Planet (Mars)
House 12: 2 Planets (Moon & Saturn)

Osamenor

Staff member
Number of Planets in Houses:
House 4: 3 Planets (Pluto, Sun & Uranus)
House 5: 3 Planets (Mercury, Venus & Neptune)
House 7: 1 Planet (Jupiter)
House 10: 1 Planet (Mars)
House 12: 2 Planets (Moon & Saturn)

Based on your response to question 1, I would guess that you have a roughly equal balance between east and west, and if it's not a perfectly equal split, the slightly higher concentration is in the west... is that correct?
You have a stronger western hemisphere dominance than I thought. But reading over your answer, it sounds like you have a mature western hemisphere dominant response. You said both, but you talked a lot about karma.

If you have Pluto and Uranus in the same house, you must be somewhere between your late forties and mid-late fifties... did you feel more like you were at the mercy of circumstance when you were younger? I didn't think of correlating the responses with age, although it makes sense that people's responses would alter somewhat over time.
My other guess is that either your sun is in the west and your moon is in the east, or vice versa, since that would keep things more equal than having them both on the same side of the chart.
Ah, I was right!
Based on how you answered question 2, I would guess there's a close to equal balance between upper and lower hemispheres with the lower one slightly weighted... although the actual breakdown of houses suggests more in the upper hemisphere, unless the houses above the horizon just have one planet each.
Again, a right guess on my part, although the lower hemisphere is a bit more weighted than I thought.

blindowl

1. Both.

2. Do not care about recognition BUT I appreciate it in daily life, outside of significant events and/or milestones.

Examples:

*) Happy to receive my diploma in the mail and not walk across stage.

*) Quiet, private ceremony to make it legal and no party.

*) No need for trappings. BUT .. I think a funeral of a good friend has very little to do with personal beliefs... it is more about the person who died and his values. So I think I would go to the funeral if he/she had coherent beliefs regarding the ceremony. (sounds like a circumstance)

I have 10 planets between the 4th house and the 8th house cusp.
Natal Sun and Moon are both below the horizon.

I am a 2nd quadrant person. 8 planets there.

I am not sure that I would have given the same answers if I had a chat with a similar chart distribution, but without some strong aspects that affect deeply the way I feel around people.

Last edited:

ashriia

Great response, and you sort of answered my first question there, but not explicitly. "I know what feels right and best for me" sounds like you feel in control of your own life, but really, how do you experience life: as the result of what you do, or as the result of your circumstances and the things that happen to you? If you would say both, do you feel that your choices are in response to your circumstances, or that your circumstances come about as a result of your choices and actions? (I'll amend my first post when I have time, because I think that might be a better way to word the question.)

I'd say primarily I experience life as the result of what I do, and the choices I make.

And definitely my circumstances come about as a result of my choices!

StillOne

If you have Pluto and Uranus in the same house, you must be somewhere between your late forties and mid-late fifties... did you feel more like you were at the mercy of circumstance when you were younger? I didn't think of correlating the responses with age, although it makes sense that people's responses would alter somewhat over time.

You're not correct on the age range. Actually, I think when I was younger that I thought I had complete freedom. It's only recently that I realized how wrong I was in that respect.

Last edited:

sibylline

Interesting, you just disproved my hypothesis with your answer to question 1! Western hemisphere dominant, including sun and moon in the west, but your answer to that question sounds like someone with a roughly equal balance between east and west.

How you answered #2 sounds like what I expected people with roughly equal upper/lower hemispheres to say... but the previous posts show they don't always say that kind of thing, either.

Do you have a concentration of planets around your MC, by any chance? If you have some that are close to your MC but in the ninth house, maybe they take on a balance of east/west.

No, no I don't. I have no planets in the 9th or near the MC. The closest is Mars but it's too far away to be conjunct and it's in a different sign.

By the way, I was just talking to a friend and asked him your questions from the OP because I was curious to see what he would say. I have his birth data so I could give you the results if you'd like. :lol:

estitom

Interesting... you have a slight dominance of planets in the western hemisphere. That seems to fit with often feeling like a victim with circumstances not in your favor. But then you take charge in response... so, apparently, that eastern hemisphere balance kicks in. You didn't say both in answer to that question, but your expanded answer sounds closer to a "both" than to one or the other.

I notice that you have Mars at your IC. Maybe that's what drives both the feelings of powerlessness and the take-charge anger.

Hmmm... based on your planet count, you're lower hemisphere dominant with both lights below the horizon... but this sounds closer to a roughly equal balance. Maybe it has something to do with having been born right before sunrise? Your sun is just a few degrees below the horizon, close enough for conjunction with your AC... sounds to me like the kind of recognition you want matches a "right before sunrise" moment. The graduation itself, nice but not that important... but recognition for what it leads to--that future after sunrise, metaphorically--is very important to you.

Hi, sorry for a late response. I just want to say that what you're saying sounds accurate. I'm not sure about it myself as I have never paid much attention to hemispheres :tongue: but the thing about the sun and AC conjunction is very interesting.

tenacapcious

I'm going to answer this fast so that I don't overthink anything.

1. I don't think it's the same for everyone but for me I think it's circumstances followed by my actions to the circumstances; reaction - how much my actions move or influence circumstances is something I can't objectively assess. I tend to get too emotional when thinking about these things. Of course examples would say something about One's thought processes (fascinating!) but I've always been lousy at listing examples....maybe months from now something will pop into my head but this thread will have long since moved on or been buried.

2. Don't care. I'm stumbling over this one because I've just realized that I don't understand why/if I should care?:alien: For who's benefit? For myself; a little mental note is enough. Sure I like fun times and grand events, celebratory ceremonies are alright, but I don't need for memorable times to celebrate/recognize any thing or passing. When I got married, we had a traditional but small wedding (and I really didn't care who showed up if any, hated writing a guest list) because if I was going to get married, I wanted it to be uncomplicated and to me; that meant sticking to something I knew how it would play out.

I went to my HS graduation because it was expected of me and it was less trouble than having to defend not going. Dad didn't go to any of his graduations so there would've been understanding and support. I have no clue where my diploma is now. *Shrugs!* A lot of things happen because others expect it and I don't care, but if they give me less grief by going along with their hi-jacking of my life for a day, I'm usually okay with it. I mean, there's no serious control loss at stake; it'll end in fun.

Not big on funerals. Don't get the point. Been to a few. Awkward, nothing. Not good at lending support (I helped do dishes and clean up). We had a small non-funeral, hospital chapel ceremony when my youngest aunt died for my grandmother's sake. When grandma (maternal) died, we did nothing. She wasn't into this stuff really (her daughter being a very special exception) so we knew it wasn't something she even wanted us to bother with. Maybe if I'd grown up in a family where this mattered, would it have mattered to me. But with the attitude I've grown up with towards final farewells, I'll skip if I can.

Natal chart hemispheres and directions are confusing to me. I just know that the lower, left side looks dominant to me. There are a couple of astro.com and astrotheme charts on my profile. 1-4 house is where most of my personal planets are. Both my Moon and Mercury are in a hard aspect to a 12th house planet, so maybe that's why I might slightly weigh circumstances higher than my actions.

Flapjacks

1. Is what happens to you dependent on what you do? Or is it dependent on circumstance? Edit: If you would say both, please elaborate. Do you feel your choices and actions are mostly a result of, or reaction to, what happens to you? Or do you feel that what happens to you is primarily the result of your choices and actions? If you would again say both, please give an example. The kind of examples people give, and how they word them, says something about their thought process.

My choices are influenced by what happens to me, but those decisions change depending on circumstances. Often the circumstances can be ignorance, but that is why I am driven to seek more information. I feel the more I gain experience and knowledge about my circumstances, the more I can influence what happens to me. That doesn't necessarily mean I am in control. But I am at least aware more than I was before, hopefully.

For example, it is tempting for me to blame a lack of exposure as the reason why I can't play an instrument. I never got music lessons, so how could I have learned? That isn't really true. If I wanted to play an instrument I would have found a way. Even if I was playing on buckets and stones. I just wasn't motivated to do it, but it's easier to appeal to ignorance and circumstances as to why I can't do something.

I feel like a lot of people do that, even though some get dealt such a rough hand (or fortuitous hand) that it might as well be circumstance that determines their fate.

I suppose in short, I'm open to both possibilities, but I like to believe I can influence things at least in my own life.

2. Do you feel it's important to mark life passages and events in a way that others will see and recognize? Or do you not care about recognition, just about what the event means to you?

Yes, I feel it is important. I feel that sharing important events can give us meaning and a deeper sense of satisfaction. Times that I've marked important events in my life or shared others are moments where I learn to trust and support fellow humans.

However, I'm kind of weird about it. I never celebrated graduating college, for instance, but I am planning on throwing a party after I pay off student loans. I wouldn't want a big wedding, but I might want a celebration after 10 years of marriage. I gave a speech when I graduated high school, because that was a big deal and I think it was uplifting for others to hear.

I go to my family and friend's housewarming parties and bachelorette parties and birthdays and funerals to show them I care about them and how their lives change, if that is what they want to do. I don't think we need an excuse to recognize even small victories or tragedies when the desire to do so is genuine.

My chart is fairly balanced with almost an equal number of non-modern planets in each hemisphere (I think). It is in my signature.

Perhaps the total number of planets isn't as important as which planets.

Last edited:

lazarusx

1. Is what happens to you dependent on what you do? Or is it dependent on circumstance? Edit: If you would say both, please elaborate. Do you feel your choices and actions are mostly a result of, or reaction to, what happens to you? Or do you feel that what happens to you is primarily the result of your choices and actions? If you would again say both, please give an example. The kind of examples people give, and how they word them, says something about their thought process.

I would answer: both. I have my own philosophical reasoning behind this that is entrenched in existentialism. But with regards to astrology I have a balance of masculine/feminine signs, and there's also a balance between the hemispheres.

2. Do you feel it's important to mark life passages and events in a way that others will see and recognize? Or do you not care about recognition, just about what the event means to you?

I would say no, I don't need the recognition. I appreciate it but it's not necessary for the event to have meaning for me.

I do think this is an evolving process though. As human connection matures with age that recognition from others becomes less about the event and more about connecting with each other.

Attachments

• astro.gif
    astro.gif
    50 KB · Views: 33
Last edited:

jkxx74

Premium Member
Interesting research indeed! Will be watching this thread for sure.

To your questions

1) No, my actions are really reactions to things happening to me, although people I know disagree with this from time to time. Things happen and then there is work to be done to adjust to whatever has changed.

2) No except when it matters to another person, then it's important. Don't care much about recognition myself.

I have a theory you'll find those with more mutable placements and a strong Jupiter will see themselves more in control while those with a strong Saturn or more fixed planets will have it the other way around with cardinal signs somewhere in the middle.

Slytherin88

1. I think that the first one is more true. I think that my thoughts and actions are as a result of what happens to me mostly. We are all deeply governed by our subconscious mind. I rarely felt that I was the one making the choices. Though more I grow older, more I feel like I am the one making choices. Though, it's a slow process. I care too much about what my close family members think.
-It's impossible to receive my diploma by mail. In our country, we have to write the thesis and prove in front of your professor that you know that thesis well.
-My dream is to have an unique and medium wedding, organized by my future husband and me, in our own special way. Though, I hardly believe that I could find someone who is like me.
-I'll go at the funeral to do the respects. There is no need for me to know the members of that family.

I hope I was of any use.Here is my natal chart.
astro_2gw_01_parta.47958.30972.jpg

ErisApollo

I don’t know much about hemispheres, but this is an interesting hypothesis!

1) If by “what happens to you” you mean events that are out of our control, like natural disasters, then yes, we have no control. With everything else, we do. I’d say that our actions or lack of actions determine everything in our lives. It is a combination of how we react to what others choose to do (which we have no real control over, just like they have no real control over what we choose to do) and what we choose to initiate. In a sense, quite a lot of our actions are reactions. It’s possible for much our lives to be the result of our upbringing, with our choices and the path that we choose being either in line with what we’ve been raised to know or an attempt to separate ourselves from it. Things will always happen, but we can either shape what happens by independently asserting our will and choosing a certain course, or we can let things happen to us by sitting back and doing nothing, initiating new actions only when we feel “forced” to.

2) I’ve never been too concerned about recognition, being known or famous just for the sake of being known or famous. Growing up, I shied away from the spotlight (somewhat dramatically) and hated having attention drawn to me in public. I care less and less about drawing attention to myself now, and I realize that having experiences and creating memories is very valuable to me, so if being seen/ noticed is a byproduct of it, so be it. For example, I loved my college graduation ceremony. I loved sitting in the room with my classmates around me, all of us in our caps and gowns, having that shared experience of listening to our commencement speakers. But if I could have skipped the “walking across the stage” part, I would have. That was for the sake of my family. So yes, I don’t care about recognition, just about what the event means to me.

Attachments

• Basic 63 percent.gif
    Basic 63 percent.gif
    50.9 KB · Views: 34
Last edited:

ukdesifem

1. Is what happens to you dependent on what you do? Or is it dependent on circumstance? Edit: If you would say both, please elaborate. Do you feel your choices and actions are mostly a result of, or reaction to, what happens to you? Or do you feel that what happens to you is primarily the result of your choices and actions? If you would again say both, please give an example. The kind of examples people give, and how they word them, says something about their thought process.[/quote]

Both. But leaning more towards personal choice. I find all the time that what happens to me is a result of my own choices.

No. I live for myself, not the recognition of others. There are important life events, but then it's about what they mean to me, not others.
Examples: You're graduating from high school or university. Do you feel it's important to participate in the ceremony, or are you just as happy to receive your diploma in the mail and not walk across stage?

Yes, since it is just the done thing. I have no issues in ceremonies, it's how society works.
You're getting married. Is it important to you to have a ceremony and party with your family and friends (the ceremony can be traditional or not, whichever you prefer; the party can be as simple or as elaborate as you want)? Or would you be just as happy to have a quiet, private ceremony to make it legal and no party?

I'd have a party since it's something to share with those close.
A good friend of yours dies, and while you were close with them, you didn't know their family or many of their other friends very well. Do you feel you need to be at their funeral, and will you feel something's missing if you can't go? Or is this a case of, you'll always mourn for them, you don't need the trappings?

I wouldn't go.

Attachments

• natal chart.jpg
    natal chart.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 37

Kali

Okay here goes:
Houses 1-3: Pluto, Jupiter, Uranus
Houses 4-6: Neptune, Mars, Moon
Houses 7-9: Venus, Chiron
Houses 10-12: Mercury, Sun, Saturn

I'm assuming you aren't looking at actual patterns--the geometry of the aspects--just the quadrants. Let me know if you want more info on placement/condition of the planets.

1. Both. Life is a combination of things that are out of my control (the social context into which I was born) and what I choose to do with it. The way I see it, a prince and a pauper born at the same moment in the same time my have similar forces acting upon them, but not the same opportunities or contexts for those forces to play out. But ultimately, I choose what to do with my circumstances.

2. I'm private. I don't like pomp and circumstance. Using your examples, I'd rather elope than have a big wedding. My wedding was a small ceremony with just parents and siblings present. And now, looking back, I think it was too large. Should I ever marry again, it will be pared down even more. And I'd eschew a big graduation party, but I would participate in the graduation ceremony for my family. Not because I want to participate in the ceremony, but because they want to see it and I'll give them that moment. As far as funerals, I see them as a show of support for those closest to the deceased. But for my grief, I don't want to demonstrate it publicly. For me, I'm very close hold on things and I don't like showy displays.

Last edited: