Multiple sudden deaths. Eclipse?

Osamenor

Staff member
I'm trying to figure out what transits might correlate with 3 people in my life dying suddenly in the last four months. All three were people who were part of my life but not my daily life, and in all but one case, it took weeks or even a couple of months after the death for me to hear about it.

The first two were friends of mine. Neither was a super close friend, but they were both people I knew through groups or activities, and I would talk to them whenever I saw them, which was usually several times a year. We had some shared passions and causes. They both died suddenly, in their late forties, with no health problems that I knew of (although it came out later that one of them had much more precarious health than he'd let on). The first one passed in late November, but I didn't hear about it til late January. The second passed in late January, and I heard about it nearly a month later.

Right on the heels of those two deaths, I don't know if it's just that my awareness was raised, or if there's a theme here, but I heard a couple of similar stories about recent sudden deaths of people who were around that same age. Those people were people I didn't know, but they were friends of acquaintances who were talking about them... it felt relevant.

Then within the last week, my cousin died. She was part of my life since I was a child, not daily, but a regular guest at family holiday celebrations. She was a generation older than me, early seventies, and she'd been battling cancer for years. What was unexpected was not that she finally succumbed, but because she'd been beating the odds for so long, and was still walking around last Christmas, it felt sudden when the news came.

I've never had this many deaths happen around me this close together. So, I looked to my transits, progressions, and last solar return to see if there's anything going on there that would correlate with that.

First thing that pops out at me is that solar eclipse last August. I'm a Leo, the eclipse happened less than a week after my solar return, so you'd think I'd be affected. The eclipse squared my nodes and Mars, while transiting Mars was on my sun at the time. All in my eighth house. Sun rules my eighth, Mars rules my fourth and eleventh houses.

Then, there's a Mars and Moon theme in solar return and progressions. At my solar return, the moon was applying conjunction to my natal Mars. In my current progressions, p-Moon and p-Mars are conjunct and separating from opposition with natal Moon.

If there are any other likely correlations with sudden death of people in your life--planets or houses that are usually involved, anything like that--I'd like to hear about it.

Osamenor

Staff member
Any big quincunxes in your chart at these times?

Pluto's applying quincunx to my sun. It's now a degree and a fraction from exact.

Edit: Jupiter is also making a quincunx right now, to my progressed Moon/Mars conjunction, and squaring my natal sun, too.

Last edited:

katydid

Pluto's applying quincunx to my sun. It's now a degree and a fraction from exact.

Edit: Jupiter is also making a quincunx right now, to my progressed Moon/Mars conjunction, and squaring my natal sun, too.

I was going to ask about Pluto.

When Pluto crossed over my Cap Moon in the 8th, I lost a few people to death.

2 of them were very close friends of my husbands. And it really hit home to me that he and I are getting old, both just turning 66 this year.

One of them was a family friend that I grew up with. She had a relapse of breast cancer, sadly.

And my 88 yr old mother was just diagnosed with very early stage of colon cancer. They believe they caught it early enough to remove it all surgically----but the surgery itself could be very debilitating...:sad:

Pluto is still hovering in my 8th but is no longer hitting my Moon/Mars/Ciron, which are in very early Cap.

But Saturn has been hanging out there, so Deja Vu....:pouty:

HeartTree

Hi! I´m also Leo and solar eclipse happened day before my solar return. I have lost (so far ;( ) two friends suddenly. First one committed suicide middle of Feb and other one died to cancer about a month later.

But there are some Uranus transits going on and i checked what was in my chart last time when there where several deaths in short period of time and it was Uranus again. Don´t know if its about that. But then Uranus was opposition my Sun ( 11th ruler) And now its trining it. Also Uranus was transiting to Pluto both times. I also renewed some old friendships during this spring. But it might be Saturn training to my Venus. So maybe check transits to your 11th ruler?

Frisiangal

Hi Osamenor,
You might care to check the transiting positions of MEAN and TRUE Black Moon Lilith (non existant/retrun to formlessness). MEAN is still working its way through Capricorn (physical manifestation), whilst TRUE is hovering between Capricorn/Aquarius.
The 'giving up of the ghost' (end of physical form), so to speak.

I have mentioned elsewhere the exact co-incidence of transiting TRUE BML to my natal Mercury when my brother-in-law died on Jan. 2nd of this year.
He had been ill for a number of years. His passing was a relief for him and all who cared for him

Previously, over the xmas period , an uncanny experience had occured. A heart-shaped metal decoration in a flower arrangement 'somehow' fell from its position above a photo on the wall. Its sudden 'clang' as it hit the floor was enough to cause heart palpitations of shock.
Tr. Uranus squared natal Mars from the 8th house.
I had a strong feeling sense of what it could have signified.

In February of this year transiting MEAN BML in my 5th house completed the exact aspects to my natal Moon-Mercury-Venus-Chiron-BML grand trine across the 5-9-12th houses. TRUE BML was hovering over Moon trine Sun. Internet sources revealed that the name of someone very close to me from youth and years before was no longer listed on the electoral roll for 2018.
Another source had stated a deceased, but no name was given.

Was my 'feeling sense' correct (natal BML's in Virgo)? I'll never know because there was no longer any physical contact.
Fiction or verification of fact?

Even as I write this TRUE BML is again hovering over natal Moon, with tr. Pluto trining natal Sun. :sad:

waybread

Osamenor, I am not a fan of death prediction per se, but it's a little different in reflections upon the deaths of people we care about. This is more about how their deaths affect us emotionally. I have read that prominent quincunxes are common during such times. One reading of the quincunx is "adjustment." Another one is that the quincunx doesn't have the easy flow of the trine or the tension of the square and opposition. It seems to symbolize a problem that is troubling, but not so compelling that we really have to get up off the couch and Do Something about it. It's comparable to a kind of physical pain that bothers us, but is not so strong that we ask the doctor to do something about it.

A loved one's death can feel like that. We adjust, we feel badly, we miss the person. But ultimately there is nothing to be done about it.

katydid

A phrase that too often can be suggestive of, and applied to the symbolic point and meaning behind the non-physical BML's.

I will have to go back and trace the movements of BML, when I was experiencing those recent losses.

I attributed it to Pluto's transit through my Capricorn 8th house planets. But it seems that BML may have been along for the ride too.

I have a natal conjunction of Pluto and Black Moon Lilith. In Leo in my 4th.

Osamenor

Staff member
I can only get mean Lilith on Astrodienst, and it's right in the middle of Capricorn now. In my chart, that's not a transit or aspect to anything. My ascendant is in very early Capricorn, so BLM's transit of it is well over, I have no planets in Capricorn, and nothing anywhere near that degree of any other cardinal sign. If True Lilith is somewhere between 22* Capricorn and 1* Aquarius, it would be within orb of an exact aspect to at least one planet in my cardinal t-square (Jupiter, Saturn, and Uranus, between 24 and 29 degrees Aries, Cancer, and Libra, respectively). At 22* Cap, it would also be quincunx my sun.

I had my first exact Uranus opposition last year, and its second direct pass is about to happen (and will happen twice more as Uranus moves back and forth over the Aries/Taurus cusp over the next year). That means Uranus is hanging out with my Jupiter/IC/Chiron conjunction, also in my t-square. So definitely active, but Uranus was directly transiting my Jupiter and IC for about a year before any of these deaths happened, so I'm not sure that's related. No personal planets are close enough to be squared or opposed or conjoined by transits involving the t-square, although Jupiter trines my sun and moon.

My H11 ruler is Mars if we go with the traditional ruler, Pluto if we go with the modern one. Pluto was just inside my SR 11th house last solar return, natal first, while Mars was with my sun... so I can certainly see a bit of a theme.

Osamenor

Staff member
I was going to ask about Pluto.

When Pluto crossed over my Cap Moon in the 8th, I lost a few people to death.

2 of them were very close friends of my husbands. And it really hit home to me that he and I are getting old, both just turning 66 this year.
The part I bolded is similar to how I feel about these deaths. I'm still nowhere near old enough for my peer group to be dying of old age, but... the friends who died suddenly weren't much older than I am. Over the last few years, I've lost the last living relatives from my grandparents' generation, and the first few from my parents' generation (not my parents themselves, but two uncles and now a cousin).

Sudden death makes me think, too: what if it happened to me? My friends weren't planning on such an early exit. One of them had a young child and fully expected to be there to raise him to adulthood. The other had financial responsibilities to others that he didn't make any provisions for, and he probably would have if he thought he would soon be gone.
Osamenor, I am not a fan of death prediction per se, but it's a little different in reflections upon the deaths of people we care about. This is more about how their deaths affect us emotionally. I have read that prominent quincunxes are common during such times. One reading of the quincunx is "adjustment." Another one is that the quincunx doesn't have the easy flow of the trine or the tension of the square and opposition. It seems to symbolize a problem that is troubling, but not so compelling that we really have to get up off the couch and Do Something about it. It's comparable to a kind of physical pain that bothers us, but is not so strong that we ask the doctor to do something about it.

A loved one's death can feel like that. We adjust, we feel badly, we miss the person. But ultimately there is nothing to be done about it.

Yes, that accurately reflects how I feel. I don't go for death prediction astrology either, but when death has already happened, it's different. What really makes me ask, though, is that I just saw several deaths in a short period of time, and that's never happened to me before. People in my life have died here and there, but not so many so close together, and whose only connection to each other (that I know of) was that they all knew me. Surely there's some astrological factor involved that affects me in particular right now--even if it's not a transit that would necessarily spell death whenever it happens.

JUPITERASC

I'm trying to figure out what transits might correlate
with 3 people in my life
dying suddenly in the last four months.
All three were people who were part of my life but not my daily life
and in all but one case, it took weeks or even a couple of months
after the death for me to hear about it.

The first two were friends of mine.
Neither was a super close friend, but they were both people I knew through groups or activities
and I would talk to them whenever I saw them
which was usually several times a year.
We had some shared passions and causes.
They both died suddenly, in their late forties, with no health problems that I knew of
(although it came out later that one of them had much more precarious health than he'd let on).
The first one passed in late November, but I didn't hear about it til late January.
The second passed in late January, and I heard about it nearly a month later.
this is very interesting, give your thread ECLIPSED! :smile:
at
https://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?p=815826#post815826
On that thread
which you commenced 08-21-2017, 04:30 AM
Just three months before the death in November
and five months before the death in late January

you mention an eclipse on your natal SUN the previous February

and mention that eclipse MARS of the August 2017 eclipse
is just two degrees away from your natal Sun

If Leo is your sun sign or rising sign, you are likely to see some personal impact on your life. If you have a planet or sensitive point within 3-5 degrees of 29 Leo, you are going to feel a personal impact. If you have something within 3-5 degrees of 29 Aquarius, Scorpio, or Taurus, it will also be some impact, although if your affected placement is in Aquarius (or early Pisces), the eclipse will be in opposition to you, which means your gain or too much is likely to be the result of something happening to, or by, others.

Mars is the closest planet to the eclipse, at 20 Leo.
If you have a planet or point within a few degrees of 20 Leo
(or Aquarius, Scorpio, or Taurus), you are likewise sensitized.

Last February, there was a lunar eclipse near the axis of the upcoming solar one
with sun at 22 Aquarius and moon at 22 Leo.
(22 Leo is where my sun is,
so this is personal for me...
more on that later.)

An eclipse affects charts connected to it
by aspect to natal planets
and/or
aspect to ASC/DESC/IC/MC
Important to keep in mind
that the eclipse degree may be activated
by any transiting PLANET
within 6 months to a year
AND Bill Meridian states that eclipses
MAY ALSO BE RE-ACTIVATED
BY ECLIPSES
even years later :smile:

changes indicated may well occur to others
- such as friends, co-workers and not solely to family
and
when eclipses affect countries
then the entire population is in some way affected

'.....There are eclipses that re-activate other eclipses
from decades earlier and 'repeat',
which MAY have significant impact
due to that eclipse degree remaining a sensitive point for years

decades,
even centuries.
Far longer than anyone had previously thought

A book to revolutionize the study of eclipses
at Cycles Research....' http://www.billmeridian.com/ppoep.html

BILL MERIDIAN
- a pupil of CHARLES JAYNE
has written a book explaining the effects of eclipses in natal astrology
as well as the effect of eclipses on cities and nations
aka mundane astrology
BILL MERIDIAN is a well known expert on Financial Astrology
and applies eclipses to financial matters as well as to natal

here's a complete quote of the OP on your thread
This thread is for all who wonder how the eclipse happening today/tomorrow (depending on your time zone) is going to affect you. Answer to your question: pay attention to your experiences, because that's the only way you're going to know.

Some pointers: this is a north node eclipse, that is, the sun is with the north node. When you're affected by a north node eclipse, things are drawn into your life. The north node magnifies everything. You could see new opportunities. You could experience too much of a good thing. Whichever house 29 degrees Leo falls into in your chart, what you gain will probably match the theme of that house in some way.

If Leo is your sun sign or rising sign, you are likely to see some personal impact on your life. If you have a planet or sensitive point within 3-5 degrees of 29 Leo, you are going to feel a personal impact. If you have something within 3-5 degrees of 29 Aquarius, Scorpio, or Taurus, it will also be some impact, although if your affected placement is in Aquarius (or early Pisces), the eclipse will be in opposition to you, which means your gain or too much is likely to be the result of something happening to, or by, others.

Mars is the closest planet to the eclipse, at 20 Leo. If you have a planet or point within a few degrees of 20 Leo (or Aquarius, Scorpio, or Taurus), you are likewise sensitized.

But what does that all mean? That's where you come in. This is the time and place to share! What has been happening for you in the last six months or so? Last February, there was a lunar eclipse near the axis of the upcoming solar one, with sun at 22 Aquarius and moon at 22 Leo. (22 Leo is where my sun is, so this is personal for me... more on that later.) What is happening for you now? Please post your experiences over the next few weeks/months/however long this thread lasts.

A helpful hint: if you are old enough to remember back 19 years, think of what happened for you around August 1998, and in the following six to twelve months. That's the last time there was a solar eclipse on approximately this degree of Leo. If you are too young to remember that time, this will be your first late Leo solar eclipse (or first within conscious memory), so your observations now are very important.
and now you mention unexpected deaths that occurred within six months
of your ECLIPSED thread

I'm trying to figure out what transits might correlate
with 3 people in my life
dying suddenly in the last four months.
All three were people who were part of my life but not my daily life
and in all but one case, it took weeks or even a couple of months
after the death for me to hear about it.

The first two were friends of mine.
Neither was a super close friend, but they were both people I knew through groups or activities
and I would talk to them whenever I saw them
which was usually several times a year.
We had some shared passions and causes.
They both died suddenly, in their late forties, with no health problems that I knew of
(although it came out later that one of them had much more precarious health than he'd let on).
The first one passed in late November, but I didn't hear about it til late January.
The second passed in late January, and I heard about it nearly a month later.

Right on the heels of those two deaths, I don't know if it's just that my awareness was raised, or if there's a theme here
but I heard a couple of similar stories
about recent sudden deaths
of people who were around that same age.

Those people were people I didn't know, but they were friends of acquaintances who were talking about them... it felt relevant.

Then within the last week, my cousin died. She was part of my life since I was a child, not daily, but a regular guest at family holiday celebrations. She was a generation older than me, early seventies, and she'd been battling cancer for years. What was unexpected was not that she finally succumbed, but because she'd been beating the odds for so long, and was still walking around last Christmas, it felt sudden when the news came.

I've never had this many deaths happen around me this close together. So, I looked to my transits, progressions, and last solar return to see if there's anything going on there that would correlate with that.

First thing that pops out at me is that solar eclipse last August. I'm a Leo, the eclipse happened less than a week after my solar return, so you'd think I'd be affected. The eclipse squared my nodes and Mars, while transiting Mars was on my sun at the time. All in my eighth house. Sun rules my eighth, Mars rules my fourth and eleventh houses.

Then, there's a Mars and Moon theme in solar return and progressions. At my solar return, the moon was applying conjunction to my natal Mars. In my current progressions, p-Moon and p-Mars are conjunct and separating from opposition with natal Moon.

If there are any other likely correlations with sudden death of people in your life--planets or houses that are usually involved, anything like that--I'd like to hear about it.

Osamenor

Staff member
this is very interesting, give your thread ECLIPSED! :smile:
at
On that thread
which you commenced 08-21-2017, 04:30 AM
Just three months before the death in November
and five months before the death in late January

you mention an eclipse on your natal SUN the previous February

and mention that eclipse MARS of the August 2017 eclipse
is just two degrees away from your natal Sun

An eclipse affects charts connected to it
by aspect to natal planets
and/or
aspect to ASC/DESC/IC/MC
Important to keep in mind
that the eclipse degree may be activated
by any transiting PLANET
within 6 months to a year
AND Bill Meridian states that eclipses
MAY ALSO BE RE-ACTIVATED
BY ECLIPSES
even years later :smile:

changes indicated may well occur to others
- such as friends, co-workers and not solely to family
and
when eclipses affect countries
then the entire population is in some way affected

'.....There are eclipses that re-activate other eclipses
from decades earlier and 'repeat',
which MAY have significant impact
due to that eclipse degree remaining a sensitive point for years

decades,
even centuries.
Far longer than anyone had previously thought

A book to revolutionize the study of eclipses
at Cycles Research....' http://www.billmeridian.com/ppoep.html

BILL MERIDIAN
- a pupil of CHARLES JAYNE
has written a book explaining the effects of eclipses in natal astrology
as well as the effect of eclipses on cities and nations
aka mundane astrology
BILL MERIDIAN is a well known expert on Financial Astrology
and applies eclipses to financial matters as well as to natal

here's a complete quote of the OP on your thread

and now you mention unexpected deaths that occurred within six months
of your ECLIPSED thread

You're following my line of thinking exactly, JA! I almost posted this on the "Eclipsed!" thread, but decided to start a new one instead because the other posts on that thread seemed to push it in a different direction. And in case other factors turned out to be more relevant than the eclipse, I wanted to leave more room for that.

waybread

Osamenor, in "my" astrology, Pluto is not the Death Star. Astrological time is cyclical. among other things, Pluto deals with factors in our lives that are metaphorically dead and dying, so that new growth can take place.

Death of loved ones often leaves a hole in our lives that new growth doesn't fill. Which is one reason why I wouldn't suspect Pluto.

I'm not familiar with your chart, but if you think eclipses might be involved, I'm not sure why a conjunction to your sun would manifest as deaths of loved ones unless you've got other chart indicators, like an 8th house sun.

Truly death is a part of life, and not everyone lives to a ripe old age. (Notably in this era of ODs.)

I am sorry for your losses.

Osamenor

Staff member
I'm not familiar with your chart, but if you think eclipses might be involved, I'm not sure why a conjunction to your sun would manifest as deaths of loved ones unless you've got other chart indicators, like an 8th house sun.

I do indeed have an eighth house sun. All that eclipse activity happened in my eighth house. Which is why I suspect it.

Then again, there was an eclipse on that same degree 19 years earlier, and no one in my life died that year. So, obviously, an eighth house eclipse with my sun isn't enough all by itself. Maybe the combination of eclipse, other astrological factors, and me being at the age when, if your relatives haven't started dying off already, they soon will, and your peers are just starting to be susceptible to things like stroke or heart disease.

On that line of thought, I just looked up eclipses for 2012-2013, when my two uncles died within five months of each other, and for the years when each of the 3 grandparents I knew died (there was one who died before I was born), and those were all years when eclipses happened on some sensitive point in my chart. So, maybe eclipses play a part. But August 2017 was the only total solar eclipse in my lifetime that happened where I could see it.

waybread

Osamenor, your thesis is attractive, but obviously a death in the family will affect more than just one person. With the death of your uncles, I imagine that your parents, aunts, cousins, and the uncles' close friends also would have been deeply affected. Do we assume that the same eclipse affected each of them?

Osamenor

Staff member
Osamenor, in "my" astrology, Pluto is not the Death Star. Astrological time is cyclical. among other things, Pluto deals with factors in our lives that are metaphorically dead and dying, so that new growth can take place.

Death of loved ones often leaves a hole in our lives that new growth doesn't fill. Which is one reason why I wouldn't suspect Pluto.

Death is part of cyclical events, though. Responding to this thread is making me very, very aware of that, in fact. It's like you said a few posts back about quincunxes: uncomfortable, but there's nothing you can do about it.

The main thing I'm feeling contemplating all these deaths is, besides some sadness, awareness of how impermanent life is. My immediate family members are all still alive, but my parents, at least, have much more time behind them than ahead. They're both in good health now, but still, I'll have to weather their deaths over the next decade or two, if not sooner. And even younger people can die anytime. If it's not me next, it could be a much closer friend. It could be one of my siblings. It could be anyone I care about.

I'm also facing the fact that, realistically, if I'm not killed in some kind of accident (and I don't live especially dangerously), I'll probably live another 30-40 years at least. Most of my close blood relatives reached their eighties or nineties, or are still on the way there, and starting with my grandparents' generation, there hasn't been anyone who died of natural causes before they were in their seventies. But if I live that long, that means dealing with many more losses.

Is that Pluto? Maybe.

People who died can't be replaced, but dealing with loss is part of aging. Which is new growth, isn't it?

Osamenor

Staff member
Osamenor, your thesis is attractive, but obviously a death in the family will affect more than just one person. With the death of your uncles, I imagine that your parents, aunts, cousins, and the uncles' close friends also would have been deeply affected. Do we assume that the same eclipse affected each of them?

Maybe the same eclipses did affect each of them. It wouldn't be the same as in my chart, but they could all have some sensitive point being activated. Not knowing the details of everyone's chart, it's impossible to prove or disprove, but I don't think it's implausible. Any eclipse is going to hit a natal planet or point for many, many people. Throw in progressions, and even more charts are touched by the eclipse. If the eclipse didn't hit a natal planet, it could've hit a progressed planet, and if there was an echoing theme in their other transits, progressions, etc., then yes, the eclipse could be related to their experiencing a death at that time.

And I don't think it's as simple as just an eclipse. More likely, eclipse plus whatever other factors.

katydid

Truly death is a part of life, and not everyone lives to a ripe old age. (Notably in this era of ODs.)

I am sorry for your losses.

Maybe in your Astrology, Pluto is not the death star, and you do not suspect that Pluto has anything to do with the death of loved ones.

But for some of us, who have had recent transits of Pluto, it seems that Pluto is sometimes a trigger for that kind of tragic loss.

Tr Pluto was exactly on my 8th house Cap Moon, when my brother called to tell me my Mom's recent biopsy test results came back positive for colon cancer.

She is 88, so even though it was caught in early stages, the oncologist said she cannot withstand chemo at her age. And he is not yet sure if he will do surgery, also because of her advanced age.

So Pluto crossing over my 8th house Moon is setting off a very devastating cycle of knowing there is cancer slowly growing in my Mother's body, but not being able to combat it aggressively enough to alleviate it's damage.

It feels like a death star to me. :sad:

Also, Mom and I have had several deep conversations recently, about her decision to force them to do surgery.

She says, with total sincerity, that she would rather take her chances on living through the surgery, and have them remove the cancerous cells.

She said she would rather do that, then just sit back and know that the cancer was slowly growing and building up inside. She says she has had a great life and if it ends this way, in the surgery attempt, so be it.

It is very 'Plutonic' to have such an emotionally difficult, painful conversation with my wonderful, sweet Pisces Mom. I have to go with her decision and I totally understand why she feels this way. But it is very scary.

Here is what my favorite 'transit' guru says about Pluto transits:

http://www.bobmarksastrologer.com/transitspluto18.1.htm

Pluto packs a punch. When it hits you, you know it.

Whatever it contacts in your horoscope gets “transformed”. Pluto is death and rebirth, decay and regeneration. It is very difficult to hold on to something that Pluto is trying to take. Sometimes it is just better to let go. Pluto also rules obsession. An almost insane desire to possess a thing, or a person.

The negative side of this planet is more likely to come out during the stressful aspects. The smooth aspects (trine and sextile) can strengthen whatever they touch.

Pluto is the slowest moving planet in the solar system, so its transits to the planets in your birth chart can take about two years or more to pass completely. It can take over 12 years, however, to transit through each of the houses of your horoscope.

Pluto's effect, as always, is to clean things out. Yes, things get reborn wherever Pluto goes, but they have to decay and die first. See which house in your horoscope that

Pluto is transiting through to find out which area of your life needs attention.

This is important because the processes of Pluto are usually hidden at first. It works something like a volcano with pressure building up for years until it explodes. On the negative side, Pluto rules the “underworld” and illegal activities. Beware of temptation to go this route when Pluto hits.

Last edited:

Osamenor

Staff member
Maybe in your Astrology, Pluto is not the death star, and you do not suspect that Pluto has anything to do with the death of loved ones.

But for some of us, who have had recent transits of Pluto, it seems that Pluto is a trigger for that kind of tragic loss.

Tr Pluto was exactly on my 8th house Cap Moon, when my brother called to tell me my Mom's recent biopsy test results came back positive for colon cancer.

She is 88, so even though it was caught in early stages, the oncologist said she cannot withstand chemo at her age. And he is not yet sure if he will do surgery, also because of her advanced age.

So Pluto crossing over my 8th house Moon is setting off a very devastating cycle of knowing there is cancer slowly growing in my Mother's body, but not being able to combat it aggressively enough to alleviate it's damage.

It feels like a death star to me. :sad:

Someone I know lost her father when Pluto crossed her moon, which is also in Capricorn but not the eighth house. She thinks it's related.

When Pluto crossed my moon, in Sagittarius, no one in my life died or got terminally ill. So, obviously, a Pluto/moon transit doesn't always play out that way.

Perhaps what these Pluto transits really correlate with is the kind of emotions that death, or prospective death, stirs up. Which may happen in response to an actual death, or in response to something else.