Hello from LA!

iojove

Hi all,

I've been learning astrology on and off since I was 12, thanks to my grandmother who was an amateur astrologer and spiritualist minister. I'm grateful to have had such a strong spiritual foundation from a young age, though I spent much of my adult life not giving astrology a second thought until a few years ago.

When my father threw his back out and was out of work for nearly a year, I happened to get curious enough to check out his chart again after years of being away from the practice. I used to calculate charts by hand, but had never been very good at interpreting them on my own. I always had to consult books and could never seem to integrate the many different facets of a chart into a cohesive narrative. However, when I looked at my father's chart, it was so obvious what he was going through - it was his Saturn Return. And it had started the very day he threw his back out!

I had never identified such a clear planetary connection to a life event before. It was a wake-up call that I had been ignoring this rich aspect of self-knowledge for too many years and I have been deepening my understanding of astrology ever since. I've also found that my interpretation has become much stronger now that I've experienced a lot more life to inform my astrological observations. It's a neat feeling that makes me wish I could chat with my grandmother all about this stuff one last time. But alas she has walked on. So I hope to have fruitful conversations with you all here instead!

Thanks much ^_^

Welcome, person from LA! :)
I'm a newcomer too but haven't said my hello to community yet... but I will... lol
I know how you felt facing the "alive" astrology, right there in front of your eyes. It can be so surprising, and fascinating.
I hope we exchange many good ideas.
:)
Nice to meet you.

Ariadne