Hows this day for an engagement?

StarNur

Saturday Aug 18, 2007
7pm

Sun, Mercury, Saturn, Venus Rx conj in Leo at the end of the 7th house.
Opposite Neptune in the 1st
Trine Pluto in the 11th
Jupiter Opposite Mars
Moon square Asc
Unaspected Uranus

vbimghost.php

Last edited:

Kaiousei no Senshi

Premium Member
I can't see the image attached, I think you may have forgotten to switch it to public.

Anyway, Saturn's day and Mercury's hour doesn't sound good for an engagement. Venus rx also doesn't sound good. :-S

lillyjgc

Senior Member, Educational board Editor
Without the chart it's hard to say but at first glance...are you kidding???Too close to an eclipse for my liking.Sun opp Neptune? so many planets in debility? Moon square asc (the event itself?) ....I would not get engaged on this date and would not advise anyone to UNLESS the aspects to the synnastry or each natal are spectacularly good...but with this planetary array ,I doubt it....but am willing to look more closely if you can get the chart to upload...(I myself had a very frustrating day today with chart uploading...) best wishes, Lillyjgc

sskohli

hi SN,
I dsagree with the comments, people are getting married and do get married on saturdays and with Venus Rx, that's where Nadi excels it helps us to Quantify the planets,
Saturn is not bad for everybody and Venus/Jupiter also cause death...
When i cast the chart for that day...it shows mixed numbers with venus being positive...i think its a go ahead from my side...
sandeep

lillyjgc

Is the moon in Libra that day? The chart may help...I haven't seen it yet...Venus is combust (cazimi) the sun that day by my calculations...Anyway...let's look at the chart....hopefully, Lillyjgc

StarNur

Oops I thought members could see the private images if they were signed on.

Here's the chart this time, hope this helps:

vbimghost.php

Thanks for your input so far. I was not too fond of Venus Rx and Saturn in Leo when I saw it either but interesting perspectives Sandeep! I know a number of ppl that hooked up during this venus rx. I wonder why that is?...because the Sun and Saturn are in Leo? At least Venus rx is in leo now.

What does Moon square Asc mean, and what's in debility? What about Sun/Saturn/Venus/Mercury opposite Neptune? Could it mean difficulty and delays in getting married?

Here's the synastry: http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/vbimghost.php?do=displayimg&imgid=121

Totally forgot about the lunar eclipse on the 28th...ten days away from the official engagement. Im not sure of its meaning though. Whats your take on it? Here's one interpretation that says unions & engagements occur at this time:

[FONT=Comic Sans MS, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif]A lunar eclipse is a time of beginnings, endings, exposure and major changes. It always has something to do with "relationships". The changes are tied to how we relate and will have a lasting impression. Emotions run high, causing upsets and feelings of disorientation. Actions taken often do not have the expected results, but they do bring awareness and enlightenment. The energy of an eclipse is at its strongest during the two days before and three days after its occurrence. [/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif]At lunar eclipses we: merge, unite, announce, contact, present ourselves, bring something out into the open, make decisions, engage, rise to the challenge, make an effort, change, get a new perspective, join with others, take on greater challenges, travel at a faster pace, feel restless, feel pressured by deadlines and a buildup of emotions, and experience excitement and crisis. [/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif]During a Full Moon, the Sun and Moon are in opposition, also called the Full Phase, indicating the linking of soul to spirit and awareness of purpose gained through relationship with another. A lunar eclipse is a supercharged Full Moon. The blocking of the Moon's reflection of the Sun's light by the Earth suggests that our material viewpoint stands in the way of our "seeing the light". It serves as a reminder that we need to realize how we are held in the dark by virtue of our perspective.
[/FONT]

http://www.zodiacarts.com/whatsup/LunarEclipse041028.shtml

lillyjgc

Hi there, Look i still think this is not a good day-I know its *only* the engagement, not the wedding, but it IS less than ideal...the sun and mercury ARE combust but not cazimi...Mars opposes jupiter from H4/H10 axis...also moon is detrimented in scorpio and right at the top of the chart, making only a separating sextile to mercury...It will form a T square with the H7 stellium and Neptune...Mars is secretive in scorpio...and much weakened.
The fifth house is ruled by mercury..(not very romantic) and mercury is combust...yes the moon will trine uranus in H2 which might bode well possessions-wise...and i have noticed all the trines to Pluto from sun merc venus which will help but all things considered (eclipses as well-one in Aug, one In Sept....) I would definitely postpone if possible...Things end as they begin...Venus is also retrograde which some say can be good but her proximity to saturn greatly lessens the beneficial affect- and venus is opp neptune! and in leo where she just wants to show off (!)....As dates go I think there may be better choices but some things in life just have a momentum all their own.. good wishes....Lillyjgc

Last edited:

StarNur

Hi,

yes it's the official engagement to be married with the immediate family members there to confirm it. Talk of engagement has been in the air for a few months now. On Sat Aug 18, my brother is giving her the engagement ring so the couple and both families will actually start planning for the wedding next year.

Kaiousei no Senshi

Premium Member
Okay, thank you for clarifying. ^.^

Yeah, Moon is definately not good, 3 Scorpio is her Fall and that's right where she is. The mansion is unfavorable for everything but freeing prisoners. I feel uncomfortable looking at a chart with no houses because I don't know what rules what, but I do know that the First house is your brother and the Seventh is his fiance, and they have nothing in common in this chart, no aspects, no reception.

sskohli said:
I dsagree with the comments, people are getting married and do get married on saturdays and with Venus Rx

Uh...so? Yeah, people may get married under these conditions, but this is a horribly bad example. How many of these marriages last? The whole art of Electional astrology is to make it as 'painless' as possible. A good electionalist can make any planet favorable or inactive. That's the art.

Saturn is not bad for everybody

No, no he's not. If he's the LoG in a person's nativity, then he's probably very helpful to his native. That's why a good electionalist checks the nativities of those mainly involved to see what planets are what to those personally involved.

Venus/Jupiter also cause death...

Yes...but how often???

Last edited:

wilsontc

Staff member
houses in the chart, to Senshi

Senshi,

You said:
I feel uncomfortable looking at a chart with no houses

The astrological houses are there, but very hard to see. The house dividing lines are indicated in the middle of the chart and on the outer chart. In the outer chart, the degree line for the house cusps are a little longer than the other degree lines.

In the house,

Tim

StarNur

Thanks for your input everyone! Theres not much I can do to change the date, as it's already set.

I dont want to tell my brother to change the date because I know he won't listen to me, or my reasoning based on astrology. Ive tried before. He believes free will is more powerful in shaping the future. And I agree, though things might not run as smoothly as if the event was on a more astrologically favourable day.

I guess it's better to be warned then not know at all.

Is there any positive about this date? What could they look forward to working hard on?

erinj

Hello

Well I know a couple who became engaged on a venus rx and broke up 2 months after the engagement but they reconciled and married but when they married they married on a good Venus day. If he won't change the date because Venus rules love try to convince him to let you help pick a wedding date. I know 2 couples who married on a Mercury and Venus Rx one marriage lasted 37 years but they were miserable until the husband's death and the 2nd couple lasted 12 years but the husband physically and verbally abused the wife and kids. Now if he and his bride to be were born on a Venus rx then they can handle the energy better.

Kaiousei no Senshi

Premium Member
In all reality, unless this engagement is supposed to last for a very, very long time, the chart for it really isn't so important. Anything that's wrong here can be fixed in the wedding chart. However...I suggest waiting until some of the planets move into better Signs and whatnot. You know, obviously. :D

StarNur

Hiya,

Boy what a day!!! Both of them wanted to postpone the engagement for another later date. If I had known about this earlier I would have talked them into it. Unfortunately, I didnt find out till I got there.

Tenion and stress was high. I actually contemplated not showing up to the engagment because I got an ear full from my annoying libra brother about not being there- no not on time - but early.

I can see them breaking up and then making up...a couple of times. Good thing they're not getting married now instead, as my brother wished to do. They have alot to learn...like compromise! I can also see the possibility of them postponing the wedding next year too.

Thanks for the insights all. :) I'll try my best to help pick the wedding date.