Should I change the job, or change me???”

Neptune Rising

Hi tamrajo

The first thing I thought of was Saturn having something to do with this. And low and behold, Saturn is transiting across your Nadir currently, this is also in opposition to your MC. Saturn causes us to look at our plans and our current way of operating in the world, and make any necessary changes. The 10th house is about career, as well as motherhood. So Saturn is now asking you to look at your options, and if necessary drop anything that is not good for your progress spiritually and in the mundane world. If it is your career that is not going to serve you any longer, it is likely to end during this transit - maybe as you say, to focus on motherhood and solidify that aspect of your life.

I feel, if we follow our hearts, then we'll be guided along the path that is best for us. So fighting the feelings that Saturn may be making apparent may bring about obstacles. Saturnian blocks. But those blocks are just signposts along the path, maybe showing us to take a different route.

It also looks like there might be a change of some type maybe next year as Uranus also conjuncts the MC. You can feel this now, something inside is talking to you. As you say, your heart isn't in it. Saturn makes things tangible and solidifies things, give us firm roots from which to move forwards. Uranus shakes things up, refreshes things, it rules rebellion, independance, and doesn't like restriction of any type.

With Saturn passing your Nadir now, you are being given the time to assess your goals, the plans you have and the current structure of your Nadir and MC areas which includes home, work, motherhood and your roots or inner most self. Early next year when Uranus starts to conjunct your MC, that planet tends to speed things up, and shake things up, so you may find those same areas starting to change rapidly. Uranus gives us the energy and oppertunity to take risks that we normally wouldn't take. So if any time is a time for branching out of an routine job, that would be the time.

I am curious too as I'll have Saturn transiting my 10th house soon :w00t:

NR

Edit: after reading about Saturn today, I've realisethat Saturn is where we have our fears and it can be where we feel weakest. In your 4th house, I am not sure how relevant that is to you? The Saturn return is a turning point in life, where we can face our fears, learn the lessons from the last 31 or so years, and assess which way we are going for the next 30 or so years until the next Saturn return. I am wondering if Saturn will be asking you to focus on your 4th house, your home and your inner most roots, rather than a strong career, and find strength in your 4th house areas..

Last edited:

Neptune Rising

As far as your statements about Saturn asking you to address your fears, and mine being in the home… I’m not really sure what to say about that. I’ve always been a “home-body.” I am by no means a hermit, but I love to stay at home with others would rather go out. I suppose a part of me is actually nervous about tending to 3 kids under the age of 4, but it is also something I long to do! Or, it could be in opposition to my 10th, asking me to address my fears about quitting the career thing and trusting that my family and I will be ok.

It’s almost like working is just the easy thing to do. Although I don’t love it, I don’t have the energy – mental or physical - to do anything about it at the moment. For now, working gives me a steady paycheck and insurance.

It could be this, Saturn asking you to look at your inner security, as you say, looking at your fears about quitting, and knowing your inner security needs will be ok. Saturn doesn't like us to take the easy way, it likes us to learn our lessons regarding the houses he touches. And a Saturn return isn't always easy. Though, Saturn does reward hard work in the areas that he touches. He wants us to face our fears in order to make us more whole and mature.

I'm not saying Saturn wants you to chuck in your job. I think careful planning pays off where Saturn transits are concerned. Saturn transits also tend to slow us down, so there is no ruch. He slows us to allow us time to make our plans solid, though out, and practical :)

NR

And thanks for the feedback.

segurelha

Uranus transiting MC is a big shift in career aspirations. You might end up so unsatisfied and looking for doing something completely different. This takes 7 years, so plenty of time to experiment with different options.

Uranus works this way either you feel a restlessness inside that prompts you to change, or sudden external circunstances might force you make that move.