Age of Aquarius

Shamir

Hello am confused is the age of Aquarius also at the same time age of Saturn ?

david starling

In my Modern version of Tropical Astrology, I consider Saturn to be in "hostile territory" when in Aquarius, rather than being "Domiciled". I see Aquarius as being under Uranian rulership, with strong influence from Pluto and Mercury. So, those three would be the Age-rulers for the Age of Aquarius, with the emphasis on :uranus:.

Last edited:

david starling

Taking it a step farther, the Ages themselves are the Earth's Astrological effect on EVERYONE'S Chart. They are "Earth's Ages". And, the ruler of the Earth's Age-sign becomes Age Ruler.

Culpeper

Premium Member
The Age of Aquarius is ruled by the chief malefic planet Saturn. Saturn is always bad in traditional astrology. In New Age Astrology Saturn is often said to be good and Jupiter to be bad, but that is not how astrologers originally looked at it.

The Age of Aquarius is also considered to be the electrical age so we are well into it. It is not something coming in the far future. Most of the evils of the Age so far have been man made. The twentieth century had wars that may have killed more people than all previous wars. There were also deliberate programs to exterminate entire groups of people. The German Nazis and the Russian Communists were good at this.

Civilization and Humanity itself could be swept away by a cataclysm and extinction level event. The scientific paradigm was once ruled by uniformitarianism, but now geologists concede that the earth is regularly visited by catastrophe. In mundane astrology we are at the greatest peril when Saturn is in its home signs and Jupiter in the signs of either malefic as it is now.

david starling

The Age of Aquarius is ruled by the chief malefic planet Saturn. Saturn is always bad in traditional astrology. In New Age Astrology Saturn is often said to be good and Jupiter to be bad, but that is not how astrologers originally looked at it.

The Age of Aquarius is also considered to be the electrical age so we are well into it. It is not something coming in the far future. Most of the evils of the Age so far have been man made. The twentieth century had wars that may have killed more people than all previous wars. There were also deliberate programs to exterminate entire groups of people. The German Nazis and the Russian Communists were good at this.

Civilization and Humanity itself could be swept away by a cataclysm and extinction level event. The scientific paradigm was once ruled by uniformitarianism, but now geologists concede that the earth is regularly visited by catastrophe. In mundane astrology we are at the greatest peril when Saturn is in its home signs and Jupiter in the signs of either malefic as it is now.

Culpeper, how do YOU determine when the (Sidereal) Aquarian Age began? Meaning, where do you place the Sidereal-sign-boundaries? Because, in standard Siderealism, the standard Age Indicator (the First Point of Tropical Aries) won't arrive at the Pisces/Aquarius boundary-line until about 2350 to 2400. In other words, are you configuring a Sidereal Zodiac that's around 6 degrees out of synch with that of Vedic and Western Sidereal Astrology, in order to get an earlier start-date?

david starling

Well, here's one that goes by looking at what the signs signify: https://classicalastrologer.me/2012/12/31/the-quest-for-the-age-of-aquarius/

I'm probably going to title a book "Demystifying the Astrological Ages". So, in that regard, the article link is avoiding the two most obvious and important questions: Why is it that TROPICAL Astrologers are almost invariably the ones promoting the Aquarian Age, when it's manifestly referring to a SIDEREAL Zodiac? And, as far as when it starts, which version of the Sidereal Zodiac is being used?
The SONG made it popular. It wouldn't have been as catchy to say, "When the First Point of Tropical Aries in the Northern Hemisphere reaches the agreed upon boundary-line between Sidereal Pisces and Sidereal Aquarius, then...." :lol:
As far as Saturn ruling Aquarius, Modern Astrologers are more apt to go with :uranus:, which was unknown to the Traditional Astrologers who were limited to Saturn, (appropriately enough) the Planet of Limits!

Shamir

thank you everyone for the replays and David it seems to make sense what is earth ages and which one are we in now?

JUPITERASC

thank you everyone for the replays and David it seems to make sense

what is earth ages and which one are we in now?
That's a matter of opinion :smile:
VISUAL ANIMATION EXPLANATION OF TROPICAL & SIDEREAL PERSPECTIVES
WITH DESCRIPTIVE NARRATIVE
at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=82p-DYgGFjI

Using the MOON as our example
although Astrologers
– whether Tropical or Sidereal
– are commenting on and making predictions regarding THE IDENTICAL MOON in the skies
computer generated Tropical Chart differs by DEGREE OCCUPIED BY THE MOON

from Sidereal DEGREE OCCUPIED BY MOON
Sidereal location of Moon may be confirmed BY VISUAL observation of local skies
there is a minimum difference of 20° up to a maximum of approximately 24°
between TROPICAL AND SIDEREAL MEASUREMENT
ANY planet at 0° OF any TROPICAL SIGN
is SIDEREALLY between approximately 6° - 10° to a maximum 24° of the PREVIOUS SIGN
dependent on the ayanamsha

mCycles_prec.png

siderealDay.jpg

hqdefault.jpg

precession.gif

siderealsynodic.jpg

JUPITERASC

None david and jupterasc thx dude
THE DENDERA ZODIAC registers the oldest known calenderic date, 4241 BCE. :smile:

On that count alone, this artifact is unique in the world
but also displays the comprehensive framework of World Ages
with specific reference to the time in which we are now living
and the two centuries ahead.

Studies based on that framework
support the correlation of Hindu, Egyptian, Mayan and Aztec calendrics in an intelligible manner
so that cosmic timing can be factored right down to the immediate era

DZfullCOLOR.jpg

https://www.metahistory.org/index.php

DZcomposites1.jpg

The Dendera Zodiac carries a prophetic message
for an age of biotechnology
in which humanity aspires to outdo nature
and manipulate life itself.

The World Ages measured in the Zodiac provide the ultimate key
to the evolutionary learning curve of humanity.
The 26,000-year cycle inscribed at Dendera locates our present moment in the pattern of cosmic timing.
A hitherto undetected feature (axis E)
points to galactic structure only known to astronomers in the last forty years.
Another feature, axis D, dated 3102 BCE
identifies the start of Kali Yuga
an era of moral degeneration and rare opportunity
described in startling predictions in Tantric writings
such as the Mahanirvana Tantra
Hindu chronology correlated to Dendera :smile:
provides insight into the current world crisis
and points to a unique spiritual practice
suited to the last two centuries of Kali Yuga, 1945 - 2216.

JUPITERASC

Contentious aspects of the astrological ages :smile:

Definitive details on the astrological ages are lacking, and consequently most details available about the astrological ages are disputed. The 20th century British astrologer Charles Carter stated that
"It is probable that there is no branch of Astrology upon which more nonsense has been poured forth than the doctrine of the precession of the equinoxes." (precession of the equinoxes as the root cause of the astrological ages)
In 2000 Neil Spencer in his book True as the Stars Above expressed a similar opinion about the astrological ages. Spencer singles out the astrological ages as being "fuzzy", "speculative" and least defined area of astrological lore. Derek and Julia Parker claim that it is impossible to state the exact date for the start of any astrological age and acknowledge that many astrologers believe the Age of Aquarius has arrived while many claim the world is at the end of the Age of Pisces.
Ray Grasse states in Signs of the Times - Unlocking the Symbolic Language of World Events that "there is considerable dispute over the exact starting and ending times for the different Great Ages." Paul Wright in The Great Ages and Other Astrological Cycles believes that much of the uncertainty related to the astrological ages is because many astrologers have a poor understanding of the meaning of the astrological symbolism and "even poorer historical knowledge"
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Astrological_age

JUPITERASC

Hi,

I'm not sure I'm posting in the right spot but I'm looking for some insight. I am an artist and graphic designer and I would like to do a project on the age of Aquarius.

While I understand the exact dates are heavily disputed
as to when the age of Aquarius starts
or started

I'm looking for symbols that would be appropriate to include in my design. I'm familiar with the symbols used for Aquarius and I'm also aware that different types of planet positions have corresponding symbols (square, trine, etc), what I'm looking for is a symbol for procession of the equinox or a symbol representing an astrological age. Any information regarding the other planetary configurations for the age of Aquarius would be appreciated. I'm very much an astrology novice. Thanks!

The major issue is that zodiacal constellations are not uniform in size
so it's always debateable
as to exactly when
or at precisely what time
a new astrological age begins :smile:

'…..Roughly every 2,150 years the sun's position at the the vernal equinox will have moved into a new zodiacal constellation.

BUT

zodiacal constellations are not uniform in size,
leading some astrologers to believe that the corresponding ages should also vary in duration.
This however is a contentious issue amongst astrologers.

In 1929 the International Astronomical Union defined the edges of the 88 official constellations.

The edge established between Pisces and Aquarius technically locates the beginning of the Aquarian Age around 2600 AD.

Many astrologers dispute this approach
because of the varying sizes of the zodiacal constellations
and overlap between the zodiacal constellations.....'

'…..The approximate 2,150 years for each age
corresponds to average time taken for the vernal equinox to move from one constellation into the next.
This can be computed by dividing earth's 25,800 year gyroscopic precession period by twelve
the number of Zodiac constellations used by astrologers.
Astrologers disagree on when Aquarian age will start
and even if it has already started.
According to different astrologers' calculations, approximated dates for entering Age of Aquarius range from 1447 AD (Terry MacKinnell) to 3597 (John Addey).

Nicholas Campion in The Book of World Horoscopes
lists various references from mainly astrological sources for the start of the Age of Aquarius.....'

'….Based on research by Nicholas Campion
most published material states Age of Aquarius arrived in 20th century (29 claims)
with 24th century in second place with twelve claimants.

Astrological ages exist because of precession of the equinoxes.
Slow wobble of earth's spin axis on the celestial sphere
is independent of diurnal rotation of Earth on own axis and annual revolution of the earth around the sun.
25,800-year-long cycle is traditionally calibrated for determining astrological ages
by the location of sun in one of twelve zodiac constellations at vernal equinox
which is moment sun rises above celestial equator
marking annual start of spring in Northern hemisphere....'
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Age_of_Aquarius

JUPITERASC

I have a lot of questions re to the various astrological ages, and yet I am an esotericist so I tend to go with these types of concepts; but still I have a lot of questions about this matter...historically, C.C. Zain (a renowned early to mid 20th century astrological author and found of the Brotherhood of Light) in his researches in the 1920's claimed to have traced the advent of the "Aquarian Age" to 1889-which would be about the time radical technological discoveries and applications began.
But of course others have come up with radically different dates for the beginning of the New Age (Golden Dawn's S.L. Macgregor Mathers, for example, around the first decade of the 20th century, calculated-sidereally-the advent of the Aquarian Age at 2050 AD)
Like I said, I have lots of questions (in my little mind) regarding this subject...
C.C. Zain estimated that the Age of Aquarius began in 1889;
S. L. MacGregor Mathers (co-founder of the Golden Dawn) gave 2050 as the beginning of the Aquarian Age;
Using the Alcyone/Pleiades ayanamsa, the Age of Aquarius began in the Spring of 2001...
Well, as I mentioned in an earlier post, Zain (founder of the astrological Brotherhood of Light) gave 1889 as the beginning of the Age.
My personal opinion (as of the present) is that oncoming Ages shadow forth their influences many (perhaps even a hundred or more) years before the actual "switch" occurs-then, too, there is the issue of mixed ages due to the overlap of the "borders" of the constellations involved: one of the largest such overlaps is between the beginning of Pisces and the end of Aquarius: converted into time, this overlap amounts to several hundred years-perhaps we are-and have been-in this overlap for some length of time?
The major issue
as dr. farr mentioned earlier
is that zodiacal constellations are not uniform in size
so it's always debateable
as to exactly when
or at precisely what time
a new astrological age begins :smile:

Right, I think that the overlap is quite significant: so that we can have the beginning of a particular Age occuring while the ending of the previous Age is still present; I certainly think this occured between Pisces/Aries, and I think is happening now between Aquarius/Pisces. The New Testament reference to Jesus saying "I am the First and the Last", possibly has an esoteric meaning referring to the time period of Jesus (life on Earth) during such an overlap, ie, the coincident final years of the Arian Age and the earliest years of the Piscean Age.

I will also mention that the concept of astrological Ages was mentioned as ancient and generally accepted belief by Origen (c 3rd century AD)-however, when we look at the ancient literature (eg Valens, Antiochus of Athens, the Corpus Hermeticum, etc) we find these Ages either connected with planets ("planetary ages") or with signs (and I'll add, TROPICAL signs) as in the extensive work of 9th century Abu Mashar (in his "Book of the Thousands")...apparently various methods (mundane in nature) were expounded during those ancient times (through the time of Abu Mashar) for determining the inceptions and terminations of these Ages: however, little investigation has been done into these oldtime methods for determining the Ages (whether planetary Ages or "sign" Ages), almost all attention regarding this matter over the past century being concentrated on the sidereal (constellational) Ages, which concept was first popularized in the latter part of the 19th century by the internationally acclaimed poet (and prominent Golden Dawn adept) W.B. Yeats...
Expectations for the "Age of Aquarius" may be overly optimistic :smile:

'.....This is the third part of a series on Age of Aquarius I began about a year ago.
It is advisable to read parts I & II before reading this one.
My main purpose is to bring about a questioning of the assumptions and expectations of the Age of Aquarius.
This is a discussion the astrological community needs to have.
Almost all I see on the subject could be mostly summed up by the song by The Fifth Dimension.
I’m not sure if it’s fear, laziness or a complete lack of interest
that has cause this rather poignant dearth of discourse.
....' Robert Zoller 2014 http://classicalastrologer.me/category/robert-zoller/

david starling

Contentious aspects of the astrological ages :smile:

Definitive details on the astrological ages are lacking, and consequently most details available about the astrological ages are disputed. The 20th century British astrologer Charles Carter stated that
"It is probable that there is no branch of Astrology upon which more nonsense has been poured forth than the doctrine of the precession of the equinoxes." (precession of the equinoxes as the root cause of the astrological ages)
In 2000 Neil Spencer in his book True as the Stars Above expressed a similar opinion about the astrological ages. Spencer singles out the astrological ages as being "fuzzy", "speculative" and least defined area of astrological lore. Derek and Julia Parker claim that it is impossible to state the exact date for the start of any astrological age and acknowledge that many astrologers believe the Age of Aquarius has arrived while many claim the world is at the end of the Age of Pisces.
Ray Grasse states in Signs of the Times - Unlocking the Symbolic Language of World Events that "there is considerable dispute over the exact starting and ending times for the different Great Ages." Paul Wright in The Great Ages and Other Astrological Cycles believes that much of the uncertainty related to the astrological ages is because many astrologers have a poor understanding of the meaning of the astrological symbolism and "even poorer historical knowledge"
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Astrological_age

There is almost unanimous agreement that the Equinoctial Line (which is the line of intersection of Earth's orbital and equatorial planes) is the Transiting indicator for the Earth's Ages. Now, envision the circle of the Zodiac as a "clock-face", which most Astrologers divide into 12 equal Sign-partitions. Next, determine how to use the stars, or a star, of the Zodiacal constellations, to precisely locate WHERE the "Sidereal" (which includes Vedic) Sign-boundaries are. The "confusion" about the timing of the Ages isn't really about WHEN, it's about WHERE. Once you've chosen the Sidereal Sign-boundary positions that work best for you in interpreting Astrological -charts, you can then determine WHERE the exact position of the Transiting Age-indicator (the First Point of Tropical Aries for nearly everyone, with a few exceptions) is located in the Chart itself. And you'll know for yourself what degree of which Age we're in NOW, and you'll be able to construct a time-line for the past and the future Ages. Don't expect agreement on that, because YOUR version of exactly where the Sidereal Sign-boundaries are located will NOT be unanimously agreed upon, and a difference of only 1 DEGREE between your version and someone else's Sign-boundary locations will change the timing for the Ages by nearly 72 YEARS!
In summary, it's not confusion about the Ages themselves, but disagreement about exactly WHERE the Sidereal-signs are, that prevents unanimous agreement on the TIMING regarding the Aquarian Age.

Last edited: