retro jupiter-travelling

turkish girl

Hello everyone,

I am planning to travel to another city in my country.I do not look at astrology for travelling actually but when i was looking general transits in my birth chart i saw the jupiter retrograde and conjunction my own natal jupiter in my 3rd house.Even though jupiter is being general benefic planet,i felt a bit scared.

I do not have any issues using planes or so but now this flight made me a bit scared.When i look deep down into it,i am actually going there to visit my brother which is again 3rd house thing,and as being short journey also.When i checked further mars being there in my 6th conjunct sun square jupiter,felt like there maybe an accident or such a thing.And also there is a grand trine between jupiter-venus-neptune.Me and my brother did not have a good relationship ever.I actually do not think we will ever build a healthy bond with each other.He is in army now and pretty depressed and asked me to come.Honestly i am not going there for only him,the city is a touristic place i thought i could roam around and meet different people.

Lol i am not hypocondriac though but interestingly i felt scared i do not know why :innocent:
Thanks for looking my chart..

Attachments

• journey.jpg
    journey.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 25

Osamenor

Staff member
Jupiter is retrograde for about 4 months every year. That means it's retrograde for about 1/3 of the time. People travel during Jupiter retrograde all the time, and it's not known for throwing a wrench into travel plans. Mercury retrograde does have that reputation, because Mercury deals with the nitty-gritty details and that's what breaks down during Mercury retrograde, but not Jupiter.

Mars will be conjunct your sun and square transiting Jupiter whether you go on the trip or not. That transit doesn't necessarily spell accident, but even if it does, you would be no less likely to have one if you stay home. Perhaps it would be a different kind of accident, but if you're going to have an accident, you're going to have one whether you're traveling or not. The wise thing to do would be take reasonable precautions, and do what you can to prevent an accident, wherever you are.

Quote from an article about Jupiter retrograde, found here:
Jupiter retrograde means that whatever area of growth you need to work on is so important, extra time is needed to take stock and make sure everything in order before you continue. You may be tested to make sure you are ready to receive the good fortune, new romance, or increased wealth you seek.
Since you have never had a good relationship with your brother, Jupiter retrograde in your third house suggests that's the growth area you need to work on. Jupiter transiting water signs indicates emotional issues being up... depression being that issue for your brother... and his being in the military is neatly reflected by your third house cusp being in a Mars ruled sign. In that light, it makes more sense to me that the square from Mars to Jupiter, over your sun, reflects the military connection, than that it means you'll have an accident.

If there are deep seated issues in your family as a whole regarding anger, depression, or similar problems, Mars over your sun would reflect that as well. In that light, going to see your brother, particularly since he's asked you to come, is probably the best thing you can do.

turkish girl

Jupiter is retrograde for about 4 months every year. That means it's retrograde for about 1/3 of the time. People travel during Jupiter retrograde all the time, and it's not known for throwing a wrench into travel plans. Mercury retrograde does have that reputation, because Mercury deals with the nitty-gritty details and that's what breaks down during Mercury retrograde, but not Jupiter.

Mars will be conjunct your sun and square transiting Jupiter whether you go on the trip or not. That transit doesn't necessarily spell accident, but even if it does, you would be no less likely to have one if you stay home. Perhaps it would be a different kind of accident, but if you're going to have an accident, you're going to have one whether you're traveling or not. The wise thing to do would be take reasonable precautions, and do what you can to prevent an accident, wherever you are.

Quote from an article about Jupiter retrograde, found here:
Since you have never had a good relationship with your brother, Jupiter retrograde in your third house suggests that's the growth area you need to work on. Jupiter transiting water signs indicates emotional issues being up... depression being that issue for your brother... and his being in the military is neatly reflected by your third house cusp being in a Mars ruled sign. In that light, it makes more sense to me that the square from Mars to Jupiter, over your sun, reflects the military connection, than that it means you'll have an accident.

If there are deep seated issues in your family as a whole regarding anger, depression, or similar problems, Mars over your sun would reflect that as well. In that light, going to see your brother, particularly since he's asked you to come, is probably the best thing you can do.

Thank you Osamenor!

Very nice explanation!

It makes me always surprised how accurate astrology is and how it fits in real life.Yes that i should have thought mars-sun-6th house thing could be the military where my brother works now.It is not hi actual job but in my country guys have to work for army for a period.He will stay there for 6 months but what you told about depression is ,the water sign 3rd house and jupiter involved with watery signs and makes trine them fits well.

Almost one month ago he asked me to prescribe SSRI(antidepressants) for him.In my family i think no one is mentally normal lol.I am into depression for years.I actually forgot how to enjoy to be honest.My mom is the worse one i guess.She has been over it since I know myself...

Why i got scared that much I do not know.Maybe i will go alone that's why.But as you said the accident would be taken place even if i was at home(a few days ago i burnt my lip with hot tea.. so it happens..)

Now even though i forced myself not to look at but ...I made another transit chart combined with my birth chart.This is the day when my speciality exam will be.It makes me very stressed and i thought whether i will pass or not ,maybe if I knew the answer (even the results are bad)I would feel relieved..I think Jupiter's transit in my 3rd house mainly shows this area.My hard work since last year.Jupiter expands things and I have never studied that much in my life indeed.

Long time ago i talked with an astrologer and she told me astrology can not tell you everything except very important life events.She said exam's results can not be seen too.But I think some exam's really shape our lives.They make us moving our place,or start working etc.So I do not know how you and other member's think about this?

I hope you can check this transit too,if you are busy no problem :smile:

The first thing i saw is the mercury retrograde...But everyone will enter in this exam when mercury is retrograde so there must be something special to my chart.
But when I look deeply it makes opp (wide orb) to my own natal mercury with the sun.That sounds pretty awful...And also The opp between moon-Saturn-Mercury just like my natal one,shows how tensed and stressful I will be.It is like everything is about MERCURY!

Thanks God Jupiter will turn normal route and there will be almost exact conjunction to my natal one.Can this bring luck to me?

I am a bit confused now.If I take whole signs then Venus becomes my 9th ruler,if not mars..If i take mars then there is again exact conjunction to my natal one.What does this mean really?It means that i will be competitive,direct and all?Will it give me ambition and courage to accomplish something?Is it a good thing?

As i told before i won't feel bad even if results are not good so do not hesitate to tell me.I am just tensed of this uncertainty.

Thank you :)

Attachments

• EXAMM.jpg
    EXAMM.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 25
Last edited:

Osamenor

Staff member
Long time ago i talked with an astrologer and she told me astrology can not tell you everything except very important life events.She said exam's results can not be seen too.But I think some exam's really shape our lives.They make us moving our place,or start working etc.So I do not know how you and other member's think about this?
The astrologer you talked with is right. There's no way such a specific detail as exam results will show up in your chart and transits. You would, after all, be having those same transits on that day even if you'd chosen a different career path and weren't taking that exam.

What transits show is a general sense of the energy that's up for you. You will be having both a Mars return and a lunar return that day. Mars and the moon are great at heightening emotional and stress responses. Last year, I had a Mars return that became exact the very hour that the moon made an exact opposition with my Mars, and I really felt the tension. I became much more impatient, volatile, and got super angry when the bus I needed to take home broke down and I had to wait another 20 minutes for the next one.

In your case, the combination of Mars and lunar returns, at what's already a stressful moment, suggest emotional volatility, but you would probably just chalk it up to exam stress if you knew nothing about astrology. That doesn't mean you'll fail your exam, just that you might feel extra stressed and emotional at the time. Since you have a Leo moon, that suggests emotions and ego being tied closely for you... do you perhaps feel that your sense of identity is at stake in this exam?

The first thing i saw is the mercury retrograde...But everyone will enter in this exam when mercury is retrograde so there must be something special to my chart.
But when I look deeply it makes opp (wide orb) to my own natal mercury with the sun.That sounds pretty awful...And also The opp between moon-Saturn-Mercury just like my natal one,shows how tensed and stressful I will be.It is like everything is about MERCURY!
You're already stressing about it, and it's months away. It doesn't take astrology to tell us that you'll be tensed and stressed about this exam! Or, more accurately, that you expect to be, and expectations are everything here.

The potential for being highly stressed and tense is there, yes. Likely because of what you're doing, and there's another retrograde planet to look at here....

In all this stress about Jupiter and Mercury retrogrades, did you manage not to notice that Mars will also be retrograde on your exam day? You will have three Mars returns this year, which is a very rare occurrence. Mars will transit your natal Mars direct, again when it's retrograde, and again after it goes direct again. Your second Mars return will be happening when you take the exam.

Retrogrades shine a spotlight on whatever area of our chart they happen in. When Mars is retrograde, consider which house(s) of your chart it's retrograding in. What about your life, relating to the themes of that house, needs improvement? Where are you overextending your energy? What are you forgetting to put energy into?

Mars will retrograde in your fifth house, the house of fun. Since you are such a hard worker and putting so much energy into studying, I suspect you'll forget to have fun. That won't necessarily change the outcome of the exam, but it probably will be harmful to your health. Mars retrograde is a reminder to also do what brings you joy. Take some breaks. Don't make it all work and no play. If you do that, you'll be less stressed when you take the exam, probably do better, and you'll definitely be healthier.

Thanks God Jupiter will turn normal route and there will be almost exact conjunction to my natal one.Can this bring luck to me?

What that really means is, you're getting a few direct passes of your Jupiter return. That happens every twelve years--it's an age related transit, always happens when your age is approaching a multiple of 12--and in a Jupiter cycle, there's some completion of themes relating to your Jupiter placement. Jupiter is also your education and how you approach it. It sounds like this licensing exam you're going to take is the completion of your formal education. Is that correct?

turkish girl

Thank you Osamenor,Very nice definition.

''do you perhaps feel that your sense of identity is at stake in this exam?''

Umm,not at all.I think I changed a lot during the ages of 19-23.It is a long story to type here but shortly... Since my childhood i was not treated good(Pluto conjunct IC).So it was like that before,i tried to accomplish something and then i would confront with all these idiots with all ego of mine.So becoming doctor,achieving something was important for me before cause those idiots(i am talking about my relatives here)would accept the defeat.They did though...While my superiors and every other people praising me,they felt shame and started to bow down.

Now I am looking at those years and seeing how immature I was.Fighting that much with everything...this was not necessary at all,that was exhausting.Now I am totally different.First of all I do not see success as a source of happiness.

''In all this stress about Jupiter and Mercury retrogrades, did you manage not to notice that Mars will also be retrograde on your exam day? ''

Actually i could not see this,you are right, Mars will be retro too.

''Mars will retrograde in your fifth house, the house of fun. Since you are such a hard worker and putting so much energy into studying, I suspect you'll forget to have fun. That won't necessarily change the outcome of the exam, but it probably will be harmful to your health. Mars retrograde is a reminder to also do what brings you joy. Take some breaks. Don't make it all work and no play. If you do that, you'll be less stressed when you take the exam, probably do better, and you'll definitely be healthier.''

5th house yes...I literally forgot how to enjoy.My real problem is not exam.It stress me but it is a side effect.I do feel lonely,alone.At my college I have friends but I do not enjoy with them,I find them literally fake,boring and materialistic.Unworthy for my friendship.I just love two girls here.But I do not like their other friends so i sometimes go to see them.

I do not have a strong family bonds,sometimes we do not talk to mom for weeks(it happened once for 5-6 months,yes we live in same home!yes i know interesting)I do not love my brother too,can not forget the things happened in the past.I have two childhood friends with whom i love them really much,but unfortunately they live in another city so we contact each other via phone most of the time.

I can not forgive people.I can not forget the things,I can not understand why people treat me bad.I do not know why..

I tried to do many things,tried sports,violin,flute etc.But nothing cheered me up.Now i kind of shut my doors to outside.Because no one makes me feel relieved at all,or loved or anything.The loneliness which i am facing for a few years ,now at the peak level.I tried chatting online to people for getting out of this loneliness but it did not work too.When i close my computer they disappear and it makes me worse.

I am not stressed because of i want to be this or that.I just want to change the social circle around me.I really do not care the type of speciality anymore.Probably i am gonna be a family physician.I just want to move to a bigger city where i can meet different people,make different friends and hopefully fall in love!

With the jupiter return actually i was expectingit being my 7th ruler,maybe i said maybe there could be a love interest.Unfortunately it does not seem so.All i do is stupidly liking wrong ones(married dudes! )And all astrologers keep telling me all the time i have to get more mature etc etc which makes me even sad and worse..

''It sounds like this licensing exam you're going to take is the completion of your formal education. Is that correct?[/QUOTE]''

I am in the last year of medical school.So this exam is like determining the speciality field where i will continue..I mean like pediatrics,pathology,internal medicine etc.

Osamenor

Staff member
There seems to be a theme here: I know/know of several people with a fifth/sixth house emphasis in their charts who've chosen healthcare-related careers.

Between having a sixth house stellium, and the fifth house cusp in Capricorn, I wouldn't be at all surprised if what you enjoy most has more to do with intellect and self-development, in the form of a "beat your own best" kind of achievement, than it does with fluffy "fun." If you feel that most people you socialize with are too shallow and materialistic, it sounds like you need people who are more interested in self development and ideas, and can do those things with you. Add to that, your eleventh house ruler (moon) in the spiritual twelfth house, in Leo, the sign of ultimate self development. You need friends (eleventh house) who are interested in less materialistic, more spiritual kind of self development, and can help you get there.

So, perhaps "fun" is the wrong word to use. Instead, think of it this way: what helps you relax? When do you feel the least stressed? What would help you feel more relaxed and less stressed, between now and exam time?

This is a year when lots of retrogrades are happening, and happening back to back. While Mercury always goes retrograde about 3 times a year, and every planet from Jupiter on out spends several months of the year retrograde, Mars and Venus retrogrades are much rarer--they happen once every two years for Mars, once in a year and a half for Venus--and this year, not only is there a Mars retrograde at the same time as a Mercury retrograde, Venus will turn retrograde when the Mars retrograde is barely over, and the end of the Venus retrograde will coincide with the beginning of the next Mercury retrograde.

For everyone, then, this is a year for a lot of rethinking and redoing. Retrogrades are a good opportunity to go back and correct whatever you didn't get right the first time. If there's anything not working for you--whether it's your friendships, your family relationships, your approach to work and studying, enjoyment or lack thereof--then this is the year to look at what you can do to change your approach.

If there are other people involved, like there are in your friend and family relationships, it's not all under your control--their choices affect the situation, too--but you can still look at how you might respond to make things better for yourself.

turkish girl

There seems to be a theme here: I know/know of several people with a fifth/sixth house emphasis in their charts who've chosen healthcare-related careers.

Between having a sixth house stellium, and the fifth house cusp in Capricorn, I wouldn't be at all surprised if what you enjoy most has more to do with intellect and self-development, in the form of a "beat your own best" kind of achievement, than it does with fluffy "fun." If you feel that most people you socialize with are too shallow and materialistic, it sounds like you need people who are more interested in self development and ideas, and can do those things with you. Add to that, your eleventh house ruler (moon) in the spiritual twelfth house, in Leo, the sign of ultimate self development. You need friends (eleventh house) who are interested in less materialistic, more spiritual kind of self development, and can help you get there.

So, perhaps "fun" is the wrong word to use. Instead, think of it this way: what helps you relax? When do you feel the least stressed? What would help you feel more relaxed and less stressed, between now and exam time?

This is a year when lots of retrogrades are happening, and happening back to back. While Mercury always goes retrograde about 3 times a year, and every planet from Jupiter on out spends several months of the year retrograde, Mars and Venus retrogrades are much rarer--they happen once every two years for Mars, once in a year and a half for Venus--and this year, not only is there a Mars retrograde at the same time as a Mercury retrograde, Venus will turn retrograde when the Mars retrograde is barely over, and the end of the Venus retrograde will coincide with the beginning of the next Mercury retrograde.

For everyone, then, this is a year for a lot of rethinking and redoing. Retrogrades are a good opportunity to go back and correct whatever you didn't get right the first time. If there's anything not working for you--whether it's your friendships, your family relationships, your approach to work and studying, enjoyment or lack thereof--then this is the year to look at what you can do to change your approach.

If there are other people involved, like there are in your friend and family relationships, it's not all under your control--their choices affect the situation, too--but you can still look at how you might respond to make things better for yourself.

Thank you Osamenor,

You catched this 5th/6th themes correctly.I like learning something new and it makes me happy.Besides materialistic shallow or other comments add immaturity too,i do find people way too immature and then ignore them.

I actually know what makes me happy or when i was happy last time but i am not in the situation i can do them now,i mean well ,hard to explain.

Thank you again