Mars in cancer on 1st house

JohnK01

How would you describe a debilitated mars in cancer on the first house ( gemini rising ) in a male chart? Also opposing uranus(8th house) and neptune(8th house). Weak on energy? I heard that cancer mars is one of the worst to have energy wise.

Last edited:

JUPITERASC

How would you describe a debilitated mars in cancer on the first house ( gemini rising ) in a male chart?
That's an interesting question
because
the house location of a natal planet can change
dependent on the house system chosen
easily verify that fact at astro.com's Extended Chart Selection Page
where fourteen of the more popular house systems currently in use are available options

EXPLANATORY ASTROLOGICAL HOUSES ARTICLE http://www.librarising.com/astrology/misc/wholesignhouses.html

'...In no other area of astrology is there so much mess and confusion than in the area of the so-called "houses".
There are at least twenty or thirty different house systems
or means of dividing the so-called "birthchart" into twelve segments of life activity.
In astrology, houses, mansions, or domains, represent general areas of life activity
and are the grounding areas or arenas of expression for planets.
Originally, the words "houses" and "signs" were interchangeable.
A planet in Aries was also a planet in the house of Aries
so that in effect there were no real houses as we know them today....'

Also opposing uranus(8th house) and neptune(8th house).
Weak on energy? I heard that cancer mars is one of the worst to have energy wise.
Using Whole Sign Houses then your natal Mars is in 2nd House if Gemini is rising :smile:

Oddity

Proximity is important, too, regardless of house system. If your ascendant is, say, 28 Gemini, and Mars is at 1 Cancer, chances are you're going to feel its effects pretty keenly.

Alternatively, if you've got 3 Gemini rising and Mars at 26 Cancer, it's going to be considerably less prominent.

JUPITERASC

Proximity is important, too,
regardless of house system.

If your ascendant is, say, 28 Gemini, and Mars is at 1 Cancer,
chances are you're going to feel its effects pretty keenly.

Alternatively, if you've got 3 Gemini rising and Mars at 26 Cancer,
it's going to be considerably less prominent.
So,
would be useful to have info on what degree Gemini is your ascendant
and what degree Cancer is your natal Mars
:smile:

JohnK01

So,
would be useful to have info on what degree Gemini is your ascendant
and what degree Cancer is your natal Mars

I attached the chart just in case... using placidus house system :)

Attachments

• astro_2gw_01_john_hp.86220.10697.jpg
    astro_2gw_01_john_hp.86220.10697.jpg
    125.5 KB · Views: 50

Oddity

And he's got Venus 12 degrees above the ascendant, in the same sign - that will have some positive effect.

The cusp of a house is not the beginning of a house, it's the strongest point. The house more or less begins about five degrees before the cusp, which puts Mars in 2.

Kitchy

Banned

Your natal mars in cancer is located 3 or so degrees from your 2nd house - there is likely a movement or striving toward material gains and security with those involved.

Mars in Cancer is not weak so much as it is reluctant to act. But when mars in cancer 'acts' on something or someone, they usually take prisoners.

JUPITERASC

Your natal mars in cancer is located 3 or so degrees from your 2nd house -
there is likely a movement or striving toward material gains and security with those involved.

Mars in Cancer is not weak so much as it is reluctant to act.
But when mars in cancer 'acts' on something or someone, they usually take prisoners.
So there's consensus that natal Mars in this case
IS connected with 2nd House matters
whether using traditional or modern
If you would describe more clearly
how Mars in Cancer "usually take prisoners" when Mars in Cancer 'acts'
that would be helpful, thanks

Kitchy

Banned
They hold grudges. Hang on to hurts and loss with incredible tenacity. When they want something badly enough, nothing stops them from having it - they will work slowly and sort-of methodically their entire life for that thing. They want emotional security and safety more than anything and anyone who messes with that is likely to be in the mars cancer's 'prison of shame' for the rest of their lives.

Kitchy

Banned
I don't care to engage in controversy over Mars in Cancer. I believeThere is a specific type of Mars - Moon ruled - Mars in Cancer.

Protective, brooding, attacking and defensive - you're best alliance and your worst enemy - far more than than other martial inhabitant planets. Mars in Cancer does not kill or mame - they are more like Ursula the Sea Witch - capturing their non-conforming prey into eternal use and purpose.

They like to out play their prey and they will wait a lifetime to do it.

Mars in Cancer near 2nd is someone who knows how to hold onto what they value. Try grabbing anything from a warring crab pincer.

JohnK01

I don't care to engage in controversy over Mars in Cancer. I believeThere is a specific type of Mars - Moon ruled - Mars in Cancer.

Protective, brooding, attacking and defensive - you're best alliance and your worst enemy - far more than than other martial inhabitant planets. Mars in Cancer does not kill or mame - they are more like Ursula the Sea Witch - capturing their non-conforming prey into eternal use and purpose.

They like to out play their prey and they will wait a lifetime to do it.

Mars in Cancer near 2nd is someone who knows how to hold onto what they value. Try grabbing anything from a warring crab pincer.

Even if its bad thing I can perfectly fit in that description...
Let's say that I don't act directly but in odd long-term manipolative ways, (uranus and neptune aspects maybe?)..and If I decide to act directly in a more aggressive way I must really feel and want it :pinched:

oinas

I have my mars in cancer in the first house, not that close to second house but anyway I thought I could share how I feel that it affects me:

How I feel that mars in cancer affects me is that it gives me a lot of temper but I do not show it that often (my libra moon usually calms it down and asks whether it is necessary to hurt people by acting stupidly.) BUT there are moments when I snap it is crazy and that happens with people whom I can trust.
Mars in the first house makes me protective of myself, and my body. I tend to avoid people who I feel that could hurt me either physically or mentally and I am also ready to engage myself in to physical fight if needed for the sake of protection. This has happened, and it's something that is really hard to control. Generally I take care of myself and my health. I guess if you have your mars close to second room it makes you protective of your possessions too.
Also, mars in the first house makes me rather active person who really loves physical challenges, exercising etc. And I am rather competitive.

There you go :)

Kitchy

Banned
Even if its bad thing I can perfectly fit in that description...
Let's say that I don't act directly but in odd long-term manipolative ways, (uranus and neptune aspects maybe?)..and If I decide to act directly in a more aggressive way I must really feel and want it :pinched:

Hello again -

John, I don't see those traits as bad things - they are the things that make patriots, intellects and athletes and family business owners. The things that Mars Cancer attaches it emotions to are the things that they will fight to death for - but usually just end up collecting and caring for. It's not bad at all, really. Mars is exhalted in Capricorn and not exhalted in Cancer - however, the two are not unlike each other - they want the same - but go about it differently. Both of these cardinal Mars' have no problem fighting to end for something they want to preserve - and with it so close to your 2nd house cusp - it is likely that you have probably made choices, calmly or with fierce emotion, that represent what matters most to you and what you are willing to fight for.

If Neptune is messing around with the Mars Cancer - it's a more troublesome process.

Queen-Mab

I did fall hard for a mars in cancer man with virgo sun . His housemate and work partner was awful to me when we met , out of pure jealousy of losing his " partner " . I was weirded out by it to be honest . I constantly think of this mars in cancer guy and I still like him , he is clearly oblivious to my feelings and we lost contact ( I mean , I have his number social media etc ) but I am done attempting to re-create the great connection we had. He is passive , placid, wint take a stand or have an opinion on anything ... it is tiring to watch . It is also sad because he is adorable and blind to the fact his housemate and work partner is draining all his opportunities to thrive .

kshantaram

Premium Member

mars-ketu separative SNode cancer first/2nd, attention catching looks,
anemic health, suppressed anger, hyper-sensitive/intuitive;
pain-injury-surgery head-lung inflammations-fire injury etc;
mars lord 6th for health-injury;
prayers to Christ, offer red flowers at the alter at home Mon evenings;
wear red coral over copper pendant touching heart;

may be aptitude for tailoring, water exploration, etc.
mars lord 11th for gains;
asc lord mer over aries 11th for gains, communication roles;

mars-rahu NNode opp, rise-fall in life,
prayers for welfare of ancestors,
observe fast No-moon evenings,
observe death anniversaries in family religiously;

rahu coming 1.5yr transit mars-ketu cancer,
natal rahu cap 8th, prone to toxic health issues to care;

lord moon over leo 3rd with jup, advisory-counseling roles,
commanding attitude, victory amidst adversity;

mars elevated aspect cap 8th, protective from major dangers;

hope enables reflect-adapt-integrate as relevant,