Denial of Marriage

boom

I do not see what all the panic is about over this horoscope chart. It is really very good. However, you are confusing yourself by mixing rules from horary and natal as well as different time periods. I will just use Hellenistic since you mention that.

Hellenistic uses whole sign houses which are visible as the signs around the outside of the chart. It does not use aspect orbs. First find the strength of the planets determined primarily by their house position. In this chart Moon in the 4th, Sun and Mars in the 7th and Saturn in the 10th are the strongest planets as these are angular houses. Jupiter is also reasonably strong in the 2nd house.

The planets are active in the houses they rule rather than their location. The Moon rules the 5th house and Jupiter rules the first. These houses are represented by fruitful signs with strong rulers so this indicates that the native will have children.

The 7th house of marriage is Virgo ruled by Mercury. Mercury is in the 6th cadent house. Cadent planets are weak and slow to act if ever. However, Mercury has aspects and conjunction with Venus-- really favorable. The aspects are a grand trine kite. Also there is a mutual reception with the Sun. Mercury will certainly do something good for you in due course.

Triplicity rulers were very important in Hellenistic. Since this is a night chart the triplicity ruler of Virgo and the 7th house is the Moon. The Moon as previously shown is strong and this is a very favorable indication of marriage. So matters are better than you think.

Thanks for the reading! I just wanted to ask, why are my Mercury and Sun in mutual reception? All are in Leo...does that change the reading a whole lot?

JUPITERASC

Thanks for the reading! I just wanted to ask, why are my Mercury and Sun in mutual reception? All are in Leo...does that change the reading a whole lot?
As you say boom, I agree Sun in Leo with Mercury also in Leo are NOT in mutual reception :smile:

virgo18

1987... too young to suspect a denial of marriage... I will worry when I turn 40 and I haven't been married.

You will marry an:
Intelligent (sun and mars in virgo)
Extroverted guy (mercury in leo)
That you will meet at your workplace, gym, or at your daily routine (whatever it is). "this three planets in your 6th, so DEFINITELY you will meet him at 6th house situations and places"

JUPITERASC

the idea of never having a lifelong companion breaks my heart :( Leos live for love.

Outside of squaring my Neptune (even that may be a bit wide), my North node doesn't have any actual aspect to any of my personal planets. I read that you'd have to look at the placement of the rulers of the nodes. If my North node is ruled by Mars and my South node is ruled by Venus, and Venus and Mars are both strongly debilitated in my chart (6th house, combust, conjunct), then what happens?
Hey boom cheer up - a technique step by step shown by BobZemco who no longer posts on this forum may interest you :smile:

08-16-2010, 06:59 AM
BobZemco
user_offline.gif

Re: Age of marriage shown in the Natal Chart
Quote:
Originally Posted by Astrolove
I have tried doing the natal chart with added progression however I am just as lost.

Maybe you're LOST (like the tele show) and not lost.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonTaurus
ok so I'm totally confused!

Taurus is actually White & Yellow (Citrine). Libra would be dark crimson.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astrolove
I would like to know if anyone can help me figure out the year or the age of marriage in my case Please.

I'll show you some neat tricks.

À 000° - 029° Ari
Á 030° - 059° Tau
 060° - 089° Gem
à 090° - 119° Can
Ä 120° - 149° Leo
Å 150° - 179° Vir
Æ 180° - 209° Lib
Ç210° - 239° Sco
È 240° - 269° Sag
É 270° - 299° Cap
Ê 300° - 329°Aqu
Ë 330° - 359° Pis

Those are the Right Ascensions aka "RA" so if I said RA Venus 94°39' then you'd know that Venus is really in at 4° Can 39' and what is the value of that? Well, sometimes astro-math is easier if you use RA instead of Signs/Degrees.

This whole thread is about a woman named Rose Murray who wrote a book about when you'll marry or something like that way back in 1996.

She is using an astrological technique that is 3,000 years old, but she doesn't explain it very well so I'll clear up some of the confusion.

Her method is based on primary direction or what we call progressions. Everything you need or want to know about your future is right there. I'll show you how to do that using this chart here:

attachment.php

In this chart, we see Venus at 4° Can 39' which would means that the opposite point would be 4° Cap 39' so that if we direct the Ascendant to 4° Cap 39' then the directed Ascendant would be in opposition to natal Venus.

Let's convert the Ascendant and the point opposite Venus to Right Ascension:

4° Cap 39' equals 270° + 4° Cap 39' --> 274°39'
20° Sco 43' equals 210° + 20° Sco 43' --> 230°43'

Now let's subtract the difference between the two RA points:

274°39'
230°43'

Convert 39' for subtraction:

273°99'
230°43'

Equals 43°56'

Now, we aren't really keen on minutes of arc so we'll get rid of them and we're left with:

43° and using a Naibod Table (which is not the same thing as a Naibod Arc) we find that 43° equals 43 years and 230 days.

So, in the 43rd year of the life of Professor Gumby, in the 7th Month (230 days divided by 30 days), which was July 2005, something happened, specfically to wit, Prof Gumby and his wife filed for divorce which was finalized 60 days later in September.

That is Directed Ascendant opposition natal Venus which happens to rule Professor Gumby's 9th House and this happened to be his 2nd Marriage and his wife was a foreigner and that folks, is what the 9th House means.

How about that? Now don't feel bad for Professor Gumby because I happen to know he was over the bleeding Moon about the whole thing.

But I think you guys wanted to know about marriage. Okay.

Let's direct Jupiter to the 5th House and sextile the natal Sun. In order for Jupiter to form a sextile with natal Sun at 5° Gem 13' Jupiter will have to be directed to 5° Ari 13' so let's convert those to Right Ascensions:

Sextile 5° Ari 13' equals 0° + 5°13' --> 5°13'
Jupiter 10° Pis 38' equals 330° + 10°38' --> 340°38'

Lets subtract Right Ascensions:

5°13'
340°38'

:eek:

Houston, we have a problem.

How do we resolve this problem? Well we just add 360° and then subtract:

365°13'
340°38'

Convert 13' for subtraction:

364°73'
340°38'

Equals 24°35' and since we hate those minutes, let's get rid of them and we're left with:

24°

From the Naibod Table (which again has absolutely nothing to do with the Naibod Arc) we find that:

24° equals 24 years 128 days.

In the 24th year of the life of Professor Gumby in the Month of April he set up house with the new Mrs. Professor Gumby in the quaint German village of Schönenberg-Kübelberg (a river runs through it).

If you want to find the time of Professor Gumby's 2nd Marriage, I'll give you a hint: Jupiter makes a certain aspect with Mercury.

Now, I can't reproduce the Naibod Table here, but you can certainly get in the ball-park just by using the degree-for-a-year thing.

A word of caution:

And a word of warning:

If you're into the "squares are scary" thing, then you're going to miss the boat.

If you look at the chart, you can plainly see that directed Venus will form a square with natal Mars. That was a good thing that happened to Professor Gumby and he didn't have to lay in a ditch with stinky putrid water for 2 hours getting shot at to have this good thing.

Directed Uranus square your natal Part of Fortune could be the day you win the lottery. So just think about that because directed Sun square Venus or directed Venus square Sun could be the love of your life.
Attached Images
jpg.gif
Prof Gumby.jpg (39.3 KB, 108 views)
Four Modern Astrologers said Serial Killer John Wayne Gacy: "…can be very good with kids..." "...just your presence would be beneficial to other people..." "...a fairly well-rounded personality...you can offer a good role model..." "You have an instinctive awareness and your uninhibited response to life can refresh and gladden whomever you encounter."

Traditional Astrology Says: "...shows a strange mind and very wicked."

Gacy received 12 Death and 21 Life sentences for the murder of 33 boys.

JUPITERASC

And BobZemco added an important piece of information as follows :smile:

08-16-2010, 11:54 PM
BobZemco
user_offline.gif

Re: Age of marriage shown in the Natal Chart
I forgot to mention something really important that Murray didn't explain very well in her book and a lot of others have butchered along the way. Anytime people try to reduce Astrology to the lowest common denominator you get a big FAIL.

People should consider the possibility that Venus (or Mars) is NOT the Marriage Indicator in their chart and that Venus may not even be a Marriage Indicator. How can you know what the Marriage Indicators are?

The Marriage Indicators are:

the progressed Ascendant
the natal, progressed and transiting 5th House Ruler
any planets in the natal 5th House
any planets progressed or transiting the natal 5th House
the natal, progressed and transiting 7th House Ruler
any planets in the natal 7th House
any planets progressed or transiting the natal 7th House

For a second marriage all the above plus:
the natal, progressed and transiting 9th House Ruler
any planets in the natal 9th House
any planets progressed or transiting the natal 9th House

For a third marriage same/same plus:
the natal, progressed and transiting 11th House Ruler
any planets in the natal 11th House
any planets progressed or transiting the natal 11th House

For those whose philosophy is "do it until you get it right," same/same plus:
the natal, progressed and transiting House Ruler for the appropriate marriage (ie the 5th marriage is the 3rd House)
any planets in the appropriate natal House
any planets progressed or transiting the appropriate natal House

Other Marriage Indicators would be:

The Chart Ruler (the Ascendant Ruler)
The Final Dispositor (the boss of the Ascendant Ruler -- not all charts will have a Final Dispositor)
The Almuten of the Chart

In Professor Gumby's chart, Jupiter is the Almuten of the Chart and you see progressed Jupiter moving into the 5th House and making sextiles with two Planets in the 7th House.

Quote:
I'm still confused :(

Well, it is an advanced topic.

Quote:
And I do know Libra is actually Crimson, but my best friend that passed away called me Crimson and my horoscope is Taurus, so that's how I came up with my user name.

That's cool. I think there's a thread where everyone (or some people) post the story behind their user name.
Four Modern Astrologers said Serial Killer John Wayne Gacy: "…can be very good with kids..." "...just your presence would be beneficial to other people..." "...a fairly well-rounded personality...you can offer a good role model..." "You have an instinctive awareness and your uninhibited response to life can refresh and gladden whomever you encounter."

Traditional Astrology Says: "...shows a strange mind and very wicked."

Gacy received 12 Death and 21 Life sentences for the murder of 33 boys.
post_old.gif
08-17-2010, 12:07 AM

boom

One of the reasons I discarded the various forms of 'traditional' astrology was that the rules just didn't apply to my clients. These people regularly had lives that the more ancient forms of astrology said wasn't possible. I live in the southern hemisphere so perhaps this is why as many of the strictures were based on dignities, debilities etc., which, as they are derived from the Northern hemisphere seasons, aren't appropriate in the Southern hemisphere.

However, I still have a number of clients born in the Northern Hemisphere and don't find these so called rules apply to their lives either!

In modern astrology you will certainly have a partner and as the significators are in the 6th house it is likely to be someone in public service. With Mars involved it could be the police or armed services; with Mercury and Venus involved it could be involving selling, beauty or beauty products, writing or art; with Leo and the Sun involved this person(s) could be prominent or attain prominence.

A likely time will be in 2015, when Secondary Progressed Venus moves to conjoin your Descendant. This is a classic combination for partnership and marriage.

You have your Vertex in the 7th house as well, so this would be a strong significator for marriage and partnership; any time a planet triggers this placement by progression, directions or major transits the relationship energy will be activated in your life. In 2013-2014 Solar Arc Vertex moves to sextile the ruler of your Descendant so this could also be a time when you meet someone important to you.

Right now you have Secondary Progressed Descendant conjunct natal and SP Pluto. This will bring plutonian people into your life and give plutonian experiences in relationships - these are rarely easy!

I know that this thread is super old and I hope I'm not violating any rules, but it's 2016 and I thought this could merit an update.

I did not meet anyone special in 2013 - 2015. I've had crushes, but the interest was not reciprocated.

Over the past few years, I've learned a bit more about traditional astrology and the more I learn, the more I find it to be more accurate than modern astrology.

Arena

boom, I just ran into your thread in this forum and I wonder if you're still around?

I've found that solar arc movements in the chart, 1 degree per year is much more accurate than progressions.

This makes it an interesting time to get in touch with you because I believe that your life has changed a lot since you were here last time about 3 years ago or is just about to.

When you observe the solar arcs, it means that your directed or solar arced Venus has just moved into orb with your n. DSC and is following behind your Mars and Sun which have probably been about a lot of sex in the last couple of years - but possibly also about conflicts. With Sun followed by Venus coming into orb with the DSC in solar arcs marks a time for love.

The solar arcs also show us that your d. ASC is now on n. Jupiter and your POF has moved pass your IC which may mark a very fortunate time in your life... perhaps with getting married or having a child or buying a home. D. Jup has also just passed by your n. POF. Some might say that this is all about your career and money luck because Jup is ruler of 10th house... but I also see Jup as the planet of expansion, so you expand yourself into the world somehow, either with a home or a wedding or a baby.

You've also been experiencing some luck with Jupiter transiting your 10th sign... I think you might actually be pregnant (Jup-Moon) or you might have experienced something very lucky with Jup-Ur... perhaps a relocation.

ellie04

I don't believe SA Venus on n.Dsc is the only indicator of love. My SA Venus will never reach my n.Dsc in this lifetime. LOL.

There must be other indicators?

@boom, what have you learned from traditional astrology over the last 3yrs? I also have been trying to predict my love life but I find nothing (transits, progressions, solar arcs, solar returns) manifests the way I hope. :(

Arena

Oh, I did not say that SA Venus to n DSC was the only indicator. I just said it was an indicator. There can be many indicators for love to come into the life of the native.

ellie04

Oh, I did not say that SA Venus to n DSC was the only indicator. I just said it was an indicator. There can be many indicators for love to come into the life of the native.

In my culture, it's rude to bold your text in red in your reply. But it's ok... you probably felt I was judging your competency? No I wasn't. I just raised a point for discussion. This is a discussion forum, right? Anyway, I said it because someone else also mentioned pVenus on nDsc as a common indicator... so Venus-Dsc popped up a few times as I read the thread, so I was just asking about OTHER indicators.

Arena

In my culture it is not rude to bold or change color for text to emphasize it. I was not being rude nor was I being offensive and I did not feel like you were judging my competency. I was simply stating an answer to your question.

Do you have your chart posted somewhere?

ellie04

In my culture it is not rude to bold or change color for text to emphasize it. I was not being rude nor was I being offensive and I did not feel like you were judging my competency. I was simply stating an answer to your question.

Do you have your chart posted somewhere?

It seemed like you were offended with the red/bold text. Anyway, good that you're not. :)

Ya, I have my chart here - https://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=127501