Which is the best exercise for fitness ?

Basil

Hello guys,...
I am newbie on this forum.I am so worried about my fitness.If you know that
which is the best exercise for good fitness and health.Please sharing your opinions with me.I am waiting your replies.

MaeMae

Banned
build muscle. burn fat.
one and the same.
iPod's help.
walk, take stairs, stretch and eat low fat/low carb diet.
unless you're a marathon runner or longshoreman.
in which case, you wouldn't need this advice.

Moog

Fit for what?

Fit to live, or bursting with muscles? People use this word differently

I'll say Yoga for now

MaeMae

Banned
Fit for what?

Fit to live, or bursting with muscles? People use this word differently

I'll say Yoga for now

hey moog ~
(no disrespect to OP here on the unknown)
since we don't know if post-er is obese, yoga may or may not be a viable option. (yoga, by the way, is also a form of muscle toning).
it's a physiological fact that fat is burned more quickly when the muscles are exercised.
nothing mentioned about "bulging muscle" weight training, but rather a sound cardio/resistence regimine can work for just about anyone.

Astrodawn

If you are just beginning on a fitness regime, I would suggest Power walking, or even just brisk walking is an excellent start to gaining some cardiovascular fitness.
Walk with a brisk stride (so you are slightly breathless but can still maintain a conversation). Walk a minimum of 20 mins a day, keeping that pace 5 times a week, as a start.
The poster above said find something you enjoy, this very very true.

I am a Fitness Lecturer, Personal Trainer and Cardiac rehab Instructor.

powerion

oh and before this I never worked out...ever, growing up I was very active skateboarding lol, but got sucked into PC games for a few years, gained a bunch of weight...I was around 228 my max, I weight around 155 steady now, cant seem to gain weight.. I used to tell my mom I am never going to lose weight and she said yes you will, now she has had a stroke and she says I will never get better I said mom you remember when I used to say that to you? Look at me now!

I lost around 80lbs all thx to kick-boxing..jump rope...push ups sit ups...insanity type works outs 1hour a day everyday for like atleast 6months the gym I went to was an MMA gym so naturally we flipped tires, ran obstcles of workouts like sprints to those giant ropes you swing in different directions and make waves with...omg that hurts your whole body! then you run and jump over stuff... just go nuts!

FORSURE never thrown a kick or a knee lol.. I had tossed a few punches because a friend of mine had trainned MMA for like a year and he showed me some stuff at his gym he got me into it and within a month I was at a real gym. The gym was 100$ a month for 6month lock-in fee. For the first two months I went everynight, mon-sat, sunday was pro training only. On monday nights and tuesdays you also get to see upper lvl fighters training kickboxing sparring classes and such... I wanted to be in there and do that right away... I soon saw I had much too learn...

We had to stand in line and toss kicks, a lady in front of me one day in my early times slipped out on her leg that stays on the ground and fell on her butt...everyone laugh lol , in that exact moment I thought wow I have been here for 3 months a total noob and nothing that humilitating has happened to me, and right as I am done he says " THREEEE" and I kick and fall right on my butt hahaha. I think I was being shown its not so bad...I got up really fast and noticed my teacher rolled his eyes hahaha

Warm up every class 5mins jump rope, I had never jump roped...lol I felt like a tool, everytime I jump I would get it caught on my feet, soon though I was in the golden gloves "training program" which means you train to fight at golden gloves competition...nothing crazy folks not a champ here...lol Anyways when I was training for that, I was doing 4 days a week trainging JUST for that, 20min warm up everyday STRAIGHT on jump rope... I couldn't even jump rope, then I went to 20mins straight..
We did wall sits, where you act like you sit in a chair with your back up to the wall, try doing that for a min...after a 60min workout, haha or try having a friend drop a 8lb medicine ball down on your stomach...I still have a flabby stomach, but I can still take 30 hits to the stomach with a medicine ball! and thats not dropping thats throwing it down into your stomach.. The first time we did that...I couldn't even take one..I was lookin around at other guys taking them...haha my bestfriend I was there with took two and that was it and he was RIPPED lol. I also like a year later took a friend to one of there basic 1hour classes and he puked everywhere from a class I was doing everyday for months no missing class...this is all just trying to give you an idea what it means..

Jump rope, jumping jacks will save your life...just push through any pain, you have to become one with the pain it will never go away...

For abs do planks...they are amazing, The first time I did a plank i was like HOLY ****. Then my funny boxing coach says a 12 yearold girl did 15mins STRAIGHT last year... or something haha.

the most dangerous times to work out is if you're in lala land, so trying to imagine being somewhere else while working out will just cause injury without you being aware(dont listen to people that tell you to find a happy place)...you have to be aware and the truth is that pain is there...gotta push through!

Stretching is a must, I would say. WIthin a year of all that training, I was getting up early just to take a 30-40min bath soak so I could move to stretch good 30-40mins before the gym...then I Would go train, dont do that to your body.

I would listen to my body while I workout which is why I got results, when I felt pain I pushed through. But when the workout was over, I quit listening to my body, I didn't rest properly. I ended up getting all kinds of problems, my knee is jacked, my elbow was for atleast a year, my back is still hurt to this day lol..was worth it that cant wait to be back :D

Last edited:

JUPITERASC

the most dangerous times to work out is if you're in lala land, so trying to imagine being somewhere else while working out will just cause injury without you being aware(dont listen to people that tell you to find a happy place)...you have to be aware and the truth is that pain is there...gotta push through!

Stretching is a must, I would say. WIthin a year of all that training, I was getting up early just to take a 30-40min bath soak so I could move to stretch good 30-40mins before the gym...then I Would go train, dont do that to your body.

I would listen to my body while I workout which is why I got results, when I felt pain I pushed through.

But when the workout was over, I quit listening to my body, I didn't rest properly. I ended up getting all kinds of problems, my knee is jacked, my elbow was for atleast a year, my back is still hurt to this day lol..was worth it that cant wait to be back :D
IMO fitness means NOT creating a hurting back and/or knee problems and/or elbow problems by OVER ENTHUSIASTIC exercise powerion! IMO pain is a signal from the body! But of course, that's just my opinion :smile:

Parker

Fitness best exercise are
Running
Cycling
Swimming
Walking
Light gym exercises
These are best exercise and if any one act upon on these i hope he will get desire result . Act upon on this advise and rapidly fit own body .
des moines personal training

Last edited: