Mercury - what is your communication style and why

Hkk

Account Closed
What is your communication style whether that be written, verbal, non verbal I.e. body language and digital

How does your mercury manifest for you including aspects

Hkk

Account Closed
I am not sure my Mercury actually describes my communication style, at least traditionally! It’s retrograde in detriment, trine its own dispositor, and itself disposits my NN. I have a hard time with chatting for its own sake and if I can’t wrap my words around what feels like the heart of the matter, will stay silent instead. That silence can make me seem disengaged. I don’t like talking just to hear myself speak and even less just to go along with the topic or energy that’s in vogue. It feels to me like if I chime in to discuss whatever stuff is in the media, dirty energy flows into me somehow. 😨

Hey Passiflora 😊 thanks for your thoughts.

For me, I’m doing this thread to understand certain things as I’m delving deeper into astrology and my own chart really so looking at what others see in their chart is interesting.
What makes you that way if not mercury due to what you have mentioned?

Hkk

Account Closed
Sure, that makes sense. I actually do think Mercury’s condition and relationships explain a lot - just not in the terms that traditional astrology might give. For example, my work actually involves quite a lot of Mercurial activity and even reviewing, coaching, and improving the mercurial activities of others! That’s not necessarily what a traditional reader would expect from a retrograde, detrimented mercury, especially one receiving a square from Saturn. The retrograde makes the square temporarily separating, interestingly - not sure if that has any effect.
But again, on that square ... my life experiences are somewhat unusual, and I’m a relatively private person. I do a pretty good job of seemingly looking like an open book which protects my privacy. The combination of unusual life experiences and a desire for privacy means I don’t really open up except to spirits who seem kindred. With chatting around, I usually disagree with whatever the trend is, so staying quiet is the alternative to being either openly disapproving or passionately preachy or the middle way of opening up.

That’s interesting. I wonder if communication is much more than mercury then. My merc is intercepted. I can go quiet depending on the environment almost suppressed in communication but only by my doing if I, say, don’t like the environment or energy around me. Or if I know there’s no point and only I will get wound up from the situation. Other time’s I need to have my say otherwise my stomach will be in knots almost painful lol
Which house is your mercury in?

Hkk

Account Closed
Mine is intercepted too. Because mine is in a fire sign and the dispositor is also in a fire sign I have to be careful about busting it out. It makes me so impatient with people who talk out the *** though. As long as they are speaking in line with the trends they can get away with ignorance. Not so over here.

What sign / house is yours in, what aspects does it make?

So my mercury is 29 degrees sag. I have Venus and Neptune there too. All in 3rd house. Due to interception I have Uranus in Scorpio in 3rd.

Mercury connects sun and is combust so I’ve been told.
Moon in leo and Chiron in Taurus Sesquiquadrate mercury
Mercury opposition mc cancer
Mercury square ascendant libra
Jupiter is in libra

I hate it when people talk shite and can see when they are full of it

Hkk

Account Closed
Is there anything that is challenging you specifically about it, that you are trying to work out? It sounds like your mercury is the most angular planet. Unless that distinction goes to sun, in which case sun makes similar aspects as listed above? Also is mercury last over Venus or Uranus?

Not specifically just good to know others insights about their own and how it all gets interpreted.
Venus is in sag 8degrees Neptune is 22 degrees and Uranus is In Scorpio at 28 degrees.
Sun is in cap at 3 degrees in 4th.
I feel my communication isn’t in a set way. For example I know some people are consistent in the way they communicate but I’m forever changing and growing. I can be one thing and then another. Also sometimes I want to be more open. My body language can Be louder than me lol it says it all of I’m pissed off lol

CapAquaPis

My Mercury is in the 9th and Pisces. They tend to display high intelligence and still, they are prone to mental impairments. I happen to have mild autism and these behavioral traits are common among people in the autism spectrum.

aquarius7000

My Mercury is in the 9th and Pisces. They tend to display high intelligence and still, they are prone to mental impairments. I happen to have mild autism and these behavioral traits are common among people in the autism spectrum.
Any aspects to Mars or Jup? That is often common with people that have autism.
I don't think having Merc in the 9th or in Pisces per se has anything to do with autism.

Opal

Premium Member
I have Mercury @24 Libra. To be fair :biggrin: it gets, complicated, by aspects. My Scorpio Asc @24, my Uranus @ 24, my Jupiter @25. Thay always affect each other.

I am pretty straight forward, to the point. I don't mince words. I am okay with people disagreeing with me, rather used to it. I am not easily swayed by opinion, I am a good listener, I don't feel I have to agree with people for just listening. I do try to be fair, if others aren't fair, well, Scorpio Ascending takes care of that >>>>.:biggrin:

wan

do try to be fair, if others aren't fair, well, Scorpio Ascending takes care of that >>>>.:biggrin:

I like that!

As for me, I am mercury in Leo. Just like with all fire-sign mercury, I am straightforward. No hidden agenda, no mincing of words. For me, communication is a matter of coupling my inner world to my mouth and just letting everything loose. But I have my quiet, reserved moments, too, which I attribute to my Pisces ascendant.

Hkk

Account Closed
h3 is like “routinely transformative consciousness” not dark, focused on involvement or anything like h8 or h12 but it’s the actual routes and bridges of the transformation process so no surprise your style can change.

Square to ascendant can provoke the feeling of discomfort, like your body language giving away stuff you didn’t intend. I don’t think there’s necessarily a right answer as far as integrating all those different energy patterns, it’s different for everyone. A podcast I was listening to last night had a couple of spiritual teachers disagreeing on the sort of related subject of how to process uncomfortable energy. One was all “move towards the discomfort” and the other was all “I don’t own that stuff, it just came through me and I’m not going to deal with it.” But the funny thing is that both would take the opposite perspective on certain other elements or situations and it had something to do with how they were both holding ego and spirit together. It’s not an evolutionary thing where one is superior to the other. I think personally you can use both approaches and see how each works in different circumstances.

Hey Passiflora, great advice!!! Sounds like a great podcast that I would be interested in. Interestingly a lot of thread are about Pluto Saturn and not much about mercury and when you delve deeper it’s a big part of us as without it comms would be strange lol yet we are not drawn to it like say Pluto or Venus.

Hkk

Account Closed

Hey cap - what aspects do you have to merc ? Would be interesting to see. My merc is in 3rd so opposite yet still ruled by Jupiter sag

Hkk

Account Closed
I have Mercury @24 Libra. To be fair :biggrin: it gets, complicated, by aspects. My Scorpio Asc @24, my Uranus @ 24, my Jupiter @25. Thay always affect each other.

I am pretty straight forward, to the point. I don't mince words. I am okay with people disagreeing with me, rather used to it. I am not easily swayed by opinion, I am a good listener, I don't feel I have to agree with people for just listening. I do try to be fair, if others aren't fair, well, Scorpio Ascending takes care of that >>>>.:biggrin:

Fairness is very libra. I love the Scorpio part hahaha!

Hkk

Account Closed
I like that!

As for me, I am mercury in Leo. Just like with all fire-sign mercury, I am straightforward. No hidden agenda, no mincing of words. For me, communication is a matter of coupling my inner world to my mouth and just letting everything loose. But I have my quiet, reserved moments, too, which I attribute to my Pisces ascendant.

With your merc do you like an audience when you communicate?

wan

With your merc do you like an audience when you communicate?

Definitely, Hkk. I certainly love having an audience, in fact, I do not like private messaging too much at all. Almost every private conversation I have with someone fizzles out eventually. I much prefer talking on the open forum, where my words reach a much wider audience. But this might have to do with my very gregarious, people-loving Mars in Gemini. I love the idea of talking to a multitude of people.

Last edited:

Hkk

Account Closed
Definitely, Hkk. I certainly love having an audience, in fact, I do not like private messaging too much at all. Almost every private conversation I have with someone fizzles out eventually. I much prefer talking on the open forum, where my words reach a much wider audience. But this might have to do with my very gregarious, people-loving Mars in Gemini. I love the idea of talking to a multitude of people.

Amazing Wan! So leo with an audience! I have leo moon so need an audience. Thought merc would work the same but difference is you attract the audience and need it to communicate effectively!

Chrysalis

Leo mercury...hates being ignored with a passion.

I knew this post would get ignored because of what i wrote :biggrin: I wrote it on purpose because my mercury 8th house placement has an effect too on my Leo mercury. I'm great at doing reverse psychology on people, I can also pick up vibes from people very quickly....hence my signature.

I remember a fun thread i opened on here once using reversed psychology, and the response i got was hilarious. I'll try and find it.

Hkk

Account Closed
I knew this post would get ignored because of what i wrote :biggrin: I wrote it on purpose because my mercury 8th house placement has an effect too on my Leo mercury. I'm great at doing reverse psychology on people, I can also pick up vibes from people very quickly....hence my signature.

I remember a fun thread i opened on here once using reversed psychology, and the response i got was hilarious. I'll try and find it.

Hey c! Would be good to know which thread was your reversed psychology thread lol
Would you say your mercury is quite intense?