Covid-19: how are you responding?

ElenaJ

I think extroverts are being affected quite badly by all of this.

In fact, the Italians are going crazy over being closed in, very difficult to contain them!
One of their expressions of frustration found an outlet with the various flash concerts they organise, everyone on their balconies singing and playing music.
Also national prayer moments, candle lighting.
Your friend could think about organising something online to keep her in contact with others, and at the same time doing something useful.
A daily chat? Update about services? etc. There are lots of things that can be useful.

anjelik

In fact, the Italians are going crazy over being closed in, very difficult to contain them!
One of their expressions of frustration found an outlet with the various flash concerts they organise, everyone on their balconies singing and playing music.
Your friend could think about organising something online to keep her in contact with others, and at the same time doing something useful.
A daily chat? Update about services? etc. There are lots of things that can be useful.

I try to have a daily FaceTime with her on her days off. She works as a Zookeeper, so I think she is also irrationally worried about the animals. She does suffer with anxiety and OCD and does not go to therapy for it - just takes her pills and probably drinking a lot but wouldn't tell me that because she knows I would tell her to stop. So I think she would benefit from some behavioural-based therapy at the moment to give her some coping skills. I personally am doing the same as I have been signed off sick with stress from work and I am nervous my anxiety will spill over into postpartum like it did last time. No shame in self help!

katydid

My daughter is a Gemini with her Sun on the descendant, opposed to her Sag ascendant.

And her Sun is trine her Moon in Aquarius. She is very much as social butterfly and loves to be out doing things, with her friends or family.

She lives with her boyfriend so she is not quarantined alone. But she has been doing 'group Skype' sessions. She and her friends had morning coffee together online, played card games, like WAR, remotely online. lol

three M symbols

I'm French, and we are following Italy
Lockdown for everyone. 11000 cases known for now

French government sent our masks to china.
So, French people, and even some french doctor, french nurses do not have protections in some hospitals! Happily, some of them still have some, but their stock will be stock out very soon (1-2 weeks)

The husband of our last health minister (Yves Levy, husband of Agnes Buzin) was In Wuhan the day of inauguration of the P4 laboratory. They already knew the risks of this coronavirus.
So I don't understand why the government took so much time to act...

A lot of parisian people are going in their secondary residence in other regions.

Some hospitals are already overwhelmed. We do not have enough beds in some hospitals

Last edited:

Moondancing

Premium Member
Good reminder.

The American Red Cross now faces a severe blood shortage due to an unprecedented number of blood drive cancellations during this coronavirus outbreak. Healthy individuals are needed to donate now to help patients counting on lifesaving blood.

Good news stories. People helping people. Some utilities in my area are excusing a month's payment. People have reported their rent for a month is excused.

Read a story of an elderly couple sitting in their car outside a grocery store calling for people to help them. They needed groceries but too afraid to go into the store and looking for someone to shop for them. A woman passing by volunteered.

ElenaJ

"French government sent our masks to china."

Apparently Italy is receiving thousands of masks from China today and tomorrow. I wonder if these are yours!!

waybread

Here is the event chart for the virus. It is the exact time that WHO, the World Health Organization, announced the existence of the virus and pout forth a warning.

https://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=131867

It is a fascinating chart. Five planets in Cap, in the 10th, with Jupiter right on top of the MC.

I think Jupiter is very important in this pandemic. I believe it was the combination of the Saturn/Pluto conjunctions, AND the Jupiter/Pluto conjunctions AND the Jupiter/Saturn conjunctions that ushered in this global crisis. :bandit:

Fascinating, indeed! I note that this is a 12:00 chart, so I wonder if the time-- and hence the houses-- are correct.

Nevertheless it's stunning that all of the planets are lined up in two sextiles and a trine, plus some conjunctions. Not a square or opposition in sight.

For anyone interested in the dwarf planets, Ceres was right in there in Capricorn at 17 degrees. She's since moved into Aquarius. Some astrologers find Ceres prominent in charts of natural disasters. Eris, at 23 Aries was squaring the lot. Eris is a very slow-moving trans-Neptunian that will stay put for a while. Mythologically, the sister of Mars was associated with strife.

Among other things, Jupiter rules faith, so that's certainly being tested now.

Isa

In my 10th house directly affecting my career. We just lost a huge government funding which now is going to the corona virus prevention. I am in disbelief and crushed. Also, this is a brand new job (thanks, Jupiter, I know it was you) and I am so worried about how April will be.

waybread

I don't have answers to everyone's personal financial situation.

In the US there is talk of ending evictions until further notice, but I can't say.

If people are laid off, they are probably eligible for unemployment insurance, and would have to apply for it. Normally it's not equal to a regular salary but would at least be something.

I think Saturn in Capricorn gives a big lesson in frugality. This would be a good time for everyone to cut their expenditures to the bare bones, and maybe to cooperate with friends and family if there are shared economies. For some people this might mean moving back in with their parents, or sharing expenses with friends.

If someone is losing a job yet must shelter at home, talking to the landlord may be helpful. If the crisis worsens, the landlord may not be able to attract new tenants, and may be willing to accept a partial rent payment over a non-payment.

If the landlord is something like a big developer they probably won't do this, but a Mom & Pop landlord may be willing to work out a work-for-rent scheme.

Moondancing

Premium Member
It's been worrisome thinking of people losing their jobs or not having health care. So, it been a relief to see the policies our government/businesses are putting into place to help.

https://justcapital.com/news/capitalism-meets-coronavirus-how-companies-are-responding/

California's homeless has been on my mind but now I feel confident there is a path from overwhelming problem to "they are on top of this" after hearing a public nurse on the front lines of helping these people, she was very positive. They are putting up tents to separate ill people from the healthy and taking extra care to keep people safe. She says with news of meds and supplies becoming available their spirits are lifted and she sees within a month or two their goals to achieve a healthy environment will be reached.

Seeing people's ingenuity awakened during this crisis lifts the spirits. One hospital turned 2 respirators into 9 using some creative tubing.

We'll beat this virus!

Chrysalis

Hi, I hope everyone's doing okay around here. I've not been around for a while but something just came to me, so I thought id pop over and add it to this thread.

When the twin tower attack happened on September 11th, 2001, there was a Saturn/Pluto opposition minus 2-degree orb (so it wasn't exact). If you track back in time at the Saturn/Pluto cycles there have been catastrophic events tied to when Saturn/Pluto come into contact by opposition or conjunction, (maybe sometimes even a square). Also, what else has struck me from 2001 is that the opposition happened in Gemini/Sagg and the Gemini sign does look like the two twin towers.

After the opposition in 2001, we then have this conjunction in 2020, which is once again not exact but separating just like in 2001. The next Saturn/pluto cycle (catastrophe) will be the opposition in 2035 from the signs of Leo/Aquarius.

Monk

Premium Member
Fascinating, indeed! I note that this is a 12:00 chart, so I wonder if the time-- and hence the houses-- are correct.

Nevertheless it's stunning that all of the planets are lined up in two sextiles and a trine, plus some conjunctions. Not a square or opposition in sight.

For anyone interested in the dwarf planets, Ceres was right in there in Capricorn at 17 degrees. She's since moved into Aquarius. Some astrologers find Ceres prominent in charts of natural disasters. Eris, at 23 Aries was squaring the lot. Eris is a very slow-moving trans-Neptunian that will stay put for a while. Mythologically, the sister of Mars was associated with strife.

Among other things, Jupiter rules faith, so that's certainly being tested now.
Hi Waybread,
I thought i would add Brady Mundane fixed star Parans.
The Coronavirus was first reported on 31st December 2019 regarding new cases in Wahan or Wuchang in China, link below:-
www.who.int...
I'm an archaeoastronomer, so sit on the fence regarding astrology reports, but have a number of astrology and astronomy programs, i thought that report below would interest:-
uv5e75e355.png

os5e75e5d5.png

Opal

Premium Member
Very interesting Monk, Thank you.

I am not a hoarder. I am getting calls from my elderly friends, who I am dropping off prescriptions, food and other needs to. None of them are sick. All of them are scared and paranoid. Another friend, has left his home rental to live in his office, he can't afford both living space and work space, even though his work space is shut down, he is choosing to pay for his work space and sleep there. I have offered him to shower here. Today I have put out that I am doing a garbage dump run. One elderly couple has some furniture they want disposed of. I am curious to see if the City will lower their minimum exorbitant fee of $25. Not likely. I guess I should make sure they are open:andy:

ElenaJ

I don't want to enter a discussion on politics, but here we have a magnetic card, when we bring items to the dump, we scan the card, then depending on the weight we are given a credit on our next bill. To encourage people who can to bring things to the dump.
If they did the last mile rule here, people would be going to within a mile and leaving their things there!

Moondancing

Premium Member
But how long can the new coronavirus linger on surfaces, anyway? The short answer is, we don't know. A new analysis found that the virus can remain viable in the air for up to 3 hours, on copper for up to 4 hours, on cardboard up to 24 hours and on plastic and stainless steel up to 72 hours. This study was originally published in the preprint database medRxiv on March 11, and now a revised version was published March 17 in The New England Journal of Medicine.

Found a little more information about the air analysis:

"The study did find the virus could survive in the air for a couple of hours; however, this study was designed as academic exercise rather than a real-world test. This study put COVID-19 into a spray bottle to “mist” it into the air. I don’t know anyone who coughs in mist form and it is unclear if the viral load was large enough to infect another individual."

The droplets from a sneeze or cough are heavy and fall quickly.

https://medium.com/six-four-six-nine/evidence-over-hysteria-covid-19-1b767def5894

ElenaJ

Is that a new concept, the magnetic card and credit?

“Last mile” is a metaphorical expression used in business to describe supply chains - it’s not the literal last mile, but the last step in a process.

We've had it for some years now in our town, it works very well.